2 Chainz Robbed at Gunpoint, Shots Fired

Is there any other documented case of a rapper changing names and gimmicks and experiencing such a resurgence? Ja might have wanted to consider that.

only person that i can think of is :nerd:ff changing into agullar and having a run with purple city....

Exclusive photo of him giving it up
roll.gif

Is there any other documented case of a rapper changing names and gimmicks and experiencing such a resurgence? Ja might have wanted to consider that.

Way to pick a security squad too, by the way. I thought Gangstalicious dropping the gun was very not gangsta...these dudes didn't even stick around to pull one out. :lol:

...and oh, so if you're famous and brag about buying weed in a city you're not from, they'll try to find weed on you when you get on the plane to leave? Good to know.

This ***** 35!?!? :x

:rofl: :rofl: :rofl:

this ***** 35 wearing leather pants, dancing n ****?

only person that i can think of is :nerd:ff changing into agullar and having a run with purple city....

Yea, and R&B wise, the bull Ne-Yo changing his name from Go-Go. :lol:....I don't know if 2Pac/Makaveli counts

Then u got wrestlers :lol:

Yea, and R&B wise, the bull Ne-Yo changing his name from Go-Go. :lol:....I don't know if 2Pac/Makaveli counts

2pac was the biggest rapper in the world...changed his name for his last album....still the biggest rapper in the world. i don't think it counts. :lol:

Rapper Cam'ron Shot Three Times In Washington, DC
By Nolan Strong
Date: 10/23/2005 4:30 am

Superstar rapper Cam?ron was shot three times in Washington, DC this morning (Oct. 23) sources have revealed to AllHipHop.com.

The Harlem, New York native was leaving club H20 en-route to Love (formerly Dream) when three unknown gunmen approached the rapper.

While details are sketchy, eyewitnesses said the men were seeking the rapper?s pricey Lamborghini, which he was driving while in town for a performance over the weekend.

?They were after that car,? an eyewitness told AllHipHop.com. ?Cam refused to give it up and attempted to drive away and they shot up the car.?

Cam?ron was struck three times and while officials have not released his actual status, sources said at least one bullet struck the rapper in the arm.

His injures are allegedly not life threatening and the rapper was treated at Howard University Hospital.

?Juelz, Jim [Jones] and other Dip-Set members are with him at the hospital right now,? the source said.

Cam?ron, CEO of Diplomat Records, has been driving the blue Lamborghini since at least June of 2005.

"I bought the Lamborghini especially for New York," Cam'ron told a 106 & Park audience prior to being arrested. ?Because we figure that we can only see stuff like this in Miami, but I am bringing it to the streets of New York."

In July, police in Harlem stopped the rapper and arrested him while driving the Italian sports car for driving with a suspended license.

Officials at Howard University Hospital declined comment and police did not comment at press time.

Yea, and R&B wise, the bull Ne-Yo changing his name from Go-Go.
laugh.gif
....I don't know if 2Pac/Makaveli counts

Then u got wrestlers
laugh.gif
That Pac situation doesn't count
laugh.gif
...I'm talking about Peedi Crakk becoming Peedi Peedi Peedi Peedi and Joe Budden(s) tinkering with his spellings and ****. I don't think I've ever seen it work as well as with 2 Tityz.

lol @ wrestling reference...it's true, look what a haircut, name change and a few beers did for Stone Cold.

EDIT: There is a middle ground between 8th grade rappers and MCs with receding hairlines talking like they're some reckless 22 year old and not some dude with scattered gray hairs and one eye on his retirement fund.

Last edited:
What? You wanna listen to 17 year olds?

What are they gonna tell you about life?

Lol what? You take advice on life from rappers?

Who said anything about taking life advice? I been listening to rap for a loong time, these young cats are saying anything I haven't already heard.

They cant tell me nothing about anything, plus its a great possibility it all lies and **** that just sound good.

Is there any other documented case of a rapper changing names and gimmicks and experiencing such a resurgence?

Yeah there's some others. Happens quite a bit on the underground side. Example: Zev Love X becoming MF Doom. There's also some underground cats will continually release music under various alias's.

Back
Top Bottom