$200 for Jordan III-VI with Nike Air?

Some of you put too much hope into those Banned 1's thinking that's JB's way of saying "anything is possible"

The damn swoosh isn't coming back.
I hate sounding like "that guy" in these kinds of threads, but some of you really are ignorant to the fact that the Jumpman logo is here to stay and its been here for years now.

Why does everyone act like this Jordan Air logo is something new?
You all act like the Nike Air on the back of the 2001 releases were recent. That was a DECADE ago. Get over it.

JB did one under the radar release with the banned 1's and you guys run with it blindly without taking it for what it was, A SPECIAL RELEASE.

u
to the next thread

So yall would pay $200 for a shoe with the same quality, only because it has nike air on it?
30t6p3b.gif
im good

It blows my mind that of all the things you could complain about in terms of a Jordan retro, that people obsess over THIS as much as they do.

The back of the $%%@@%+ sneaker? NIKE AIR vs. Jumpman?

Who gives a ##!%?

Originally Posted by 1C3M4M

So yall would pay $200 for a shoe with the same quality, only because it has nike air on it?
30t6p3b.gif
im good

Obviously when I made the thread I was referring to having the same quality and shape as the OG's as well as the Nike Air. 

Originally Posted by memphissfinest

STRAIGHT UP.

I WOULD GLADLY PAY $200 FOR QUALITY AND NIKE AIR.
yea, i dunno why jordan retros just aren't pushed up market, cut #'s down increase quality 10 fold & just have billed with other luxury items...sooner or later they gonna lose steam where they at now.

Originally Posted by PRIME

Some of you put too much hope into those Banned 1's thinking that's JB's way of saying "anything is possible"

I hate sounding like "that guy" in these kinds of threads, but some of you really are ignorant to the fact that the Jumpman logo is here to stay and its been here for years now.

You all act like the Nike Air on the back of the 2001 releases were recent. That was a DECADE ago. Get over it.

JB did one under the radar release with the banned 1's and you guys run with it blindly without taking it for what it was, A SPECIAL RELEASE.
last jordans with nike was da II's

and banned I's happened...so doesn't matter how u slice it...they can make nike air whenever they wantt..dem jerks KNOW they're saving it hehind their "only break in case of emergency" glass
laugh.gif
grin.gif

Originally Posted by ninjahood

last jordans with nike was da II's

and banned I's happened...so doesn't matter how u slice it...they can make nike air whenever they wantt..dem jerks KNOW they're saving it hehind their "only break in case of emergency" glass
laugh.gif
grin.gif
If my memory serves me correctly, the last JB retro with a Nike Air on it was the Banned I. 
Just because they can, doesn't mean they WILL. That's something a lot of you all are too naive and stuck in the past to realize.  

NT could go back to EZBoard too. But you see that isn't happening. 

The quality of Air Jordans doesn't have +*!! to do with the logo on it. 

If the thread title was "$200 for Jordan retro's with high quality materials and packaging" it would be a different discussion. 

But all this thread is, is another open forum for the same crying and whining over a logo that we all know ain't changing any time soon.

You guys have excuses for EVERYTHING when it comes to the damn Nike swoosh. 

The hell would Jordan go through the process of making his own line of sneakers just to put Nike's swoosh back on them? 

Half of the people complaining in this thread probably didn't even have the OG's with Nike Air on the back, so I sure as hell don't know why some are complaining.  

Originally Posted by mrfantasticj

Honestly, I'd be willing to pay $300 per pair if they were to release exact replica retro's. If they did EXACT replica retros of the 88'/94'/01' III's, 89'/99' IV's, I really wouldn't have a problem dropping $300 for each pair. I don't mind paying a premium for good quality. I understand that nowadays these shoes are being fittedwith certain matirials that were not available back when they first released, but the overall shape should not be comprimised in order to make certain upgrades. At the end of the day, I wouldn't buy any early model Jordan's to actually play ball in; they are no longer the best basketball shoes available (I'd buy a pair of LeBron's or Kobe's over MOST Jordans anyday). So why not bring back the original shape & colors used in the OG's/retro's and use REAL leather; just charge a premium. Everytime I look at my Nike Mag's it tells me one thing, if JB REALLy wanted to bring back the nostalgia in true form, they can, no matter how old the shoe is. Stop making excuses about lost molds or respecting OG owners; it's the OG enthusiasts who want them back.

Peace.
EXACTLY! 

This is topic is beyond redundant. Nike Air hasn't been around for ten years, get over it already or stop buying Jordans.

^ thats what im saying, JB is selling reagardless, i cant find cements for +%+% you really think they give a dam about putting nike air on it anytime soon? The only way I see them putting nike air on a retro is making the shoe a qs, just to make you guys happy.

Originally Posted by 1C3M4M

30t6p3b.gif
im good

People are paying that now for the Black Cement III's.  Why wouldnt they pay it for BC III's with Nike Air. 

As far as the AJ 1 and Nike Air go, they are mass producing the ever living crap out of it.  AJ 1 high, AJ 1 low, AJ 1 Mid, AJ 1 Alpha, AJ 1 KO, AJ 1 Phat,  AJ 1 Strap, AJ 1 foamposite, etc.   If JB really had a problem with the swoosh, they wouldnt mass produce the one shoe that has Nike all over it. 

The fact is..if you want a more quality shoe..you will have to pay for it. Im not defending the nike/jordan brand for their inflation of prices over the years, but the fact is, the price of materials do go up. Your corner store 25 cent bag of chips are now half the size, because prices arent the same from 85'/86'/87'/88'. So goes with shoe materials. At the end of the day theyre a buisness, and thats what buisnesses do to stay profitable. If you want higher quality materials, you will have to pay for it.

Originally Posted by Agthekid

Get over the whole Nike Air thing

That doesn't make or break the shoe
These dudes will never get over it my dude. Just like AirRodney said in this thread, and I've said countless times, MJ isn't putting that damn Nike Air on his shoes. 
That man has to push his brand. 

To all those pissing and moaning about Nike Air, would you put another mans logo on your product when you are trying to make that money? 

JB releasaes have to compete with other Nike products. If he slapped Nike Air on every shoe still, do you think JB would hold its recognition as its own brand?

This +$@! ain't about nostalgia, this +$@! is about money. At the end of the day it may be a hobby to us, but its a damn business to them. 

Get with it or shut up. 

Exactly it's about MONEY!!!! Why would JB use Nike Air, when jays without the Nike Air sell out almost instantly!!!

Originally Posted by rtdix214

Originally Posted by Agthekid

Get over the whole Nike Air thing

That doesn't make or break the shoe
These dudes will never get over it my dude. Just like AirRodney said in this thread, and I've said countless times, MJ isn't putting that damn Nike Air on his shoes. 

To all those pissing and moaning about Nike Air, would you put another mans logo on your product when you are trying to make that money? 

JB releasaes have to compete with other Nike products. If he slapped Nike Air on every shoe still, do you think JB would hold its recognition as its own brand?

This +$@! ain't about nostalgia, this +$@! is about money. At the end of the day it may be a hobby to us, but its a damn business to them. 

Get with it or shut up. 

Exactly it's about MONEY!!!! Why would JB use Nike Air, when jays without the Nike Air sell out almost instantly!!!

Well the lastest pair with Nike Air on them did sell out instantly and I can almost guarantee no matter what had released at the (Nike) outlets before they have never had people camping for any normal shoe like people did for the Banned 1's. I called across the country myself and even paid reseller prices and wasn't upset about it either and you know that Jb drops about 30 pair of Jordan 1's a yr that end up at outlets. If you want to know why a Jordan 1 that has been basterdized and ruined by Jb had people goin crazy look no further than that Nike Air on the tongue. I can live with Jumpmans in the insole and on Retro + colors and styles but a Tech Grey 4 with a s h itty jumpman isn't doin it for me. I bet for all the people who own Banned 1's if anyone was to take a poll Nike Air would probably be the main reason like it was for myself that people went through hell for them. I paid double for a resale pair and didn't mind. Now put Retro's 1-6 in the store for $200 and make them available to the people who really want them and JB will keep us core buyers. (The kids will move on Jb is a fad for them just like the snapbacks that we couldn't stand or those stupid skinny jeans).

I just want the same quality as OG's for the same price as OG's... I would be good with the jumpman

Originally Posted by Big daddy 8523

Originally Posted by rtdix214

Get with it or shut up. 

Well the lastest pair with Nike Air on them did sell out instantly and I can almost guarantee no matter what had released at the (Nike) outlets before they have never had people camping for any normal shoe like people did for the Banned 1's. I called across the country myself and even paid reseller prices and wasn't upset about it either and you know that Jb drops about 30 pair of Jordan 1's a yr that end up at outlets. If you want to know why a Jordan 1 that has been basterdized and ruined by Jb had people goin crazy look no further than that Nike Air on the tongue. I can live with Jumpmans in the insole and on Retro + colors and styles but a Tech Grey 4 with a s h itty jumpman isn't doin it for me. I bet for all the people who own Banned 1's if anyone was to take a poll Nike Air would probably be the main reason like it was for myself that people went through hell for them. I paid double for a resale pair and didn't mind. Now put Retro's 1-6 in the store for $200 and make them available to the people who really want them and JB will keep us core buyers. (The kids will move on Jb is a fad for them just like the snapbacks that we couldn't stand or those stupid skinny jeans).

this. I paid 240 for my banned 1s and don't feel like I paid to much at all. first time I ever paid resell and first time I wanted to.

So we should pay more for something that should already be included? JB got some of you guys brainwashed seriously. There's dudes on here who will buy Michael Jordan's *@%# if they could.

To tell you the truth, I wouldnt even want Nike Air to come back unless the quality was comparable to what we go back in the day. If you want quality, you ARE going to have to drop money for it. People already complain about dropping $160 on retros, but price raising isnt anything new. I remember when the new Air Jordans would cost $65, then $100, then they went up to $125, then $150, and finally settling in the $200 range when the XVIIs dropped.

With the cost of producing new molds for the old styles, combined with the cost of premium materials and packaging, a premium Jordan would have to cost $310 a pair and wouldnt have that many original colorways dropping per year. Most wouldnt pay that price but I would. Not to mention collectors would have a fit because their collection would essentially be rendered worthless.

Originally Posted by Ivehademall

Originally Posted by mrfantasticj

Honestly, I'd be willing to pay $300 per pair if they were to release exact replica retro's. If they did EXACT replica retros of the 88'/94'/01' III's, 89'/99' IV's, I really wouldn't have a problem dropping $300 for each pair. I don't mind paying a premium for good quality. I understand that nowadays these shoes are being fittedwith certain matirials that were not available back when they first released, but the overall shape should not be comprimised in order to make certain upgrades. At the end of the day, I wouldn't buy any early model Jordan's to actually play ball in; they are no longer the best basketball shoes available (I'd buy a pair of LeBron's or Kobe's over MOST Jordans anyday). So why not bring back the original shape & colors used in the OG's/retro's and use REAL leather; just charge a premium. Everytime I look at my Nike Mag's it tells me one thing, if JB REALLy wanted to bring back the nostalgia in true form, they can, no matter how old the shoe is. Stop making excuses about lost molds or respecting OG owners; it's the OG enthusiasts who want them back.

Peace.
EXACTLY! 
Aside from that the OG box should be produced. Now that's exact.
The only difference, though, is the year of the retro released (e.g. 2012) should be written inside the box.

Makes sense?

As long as JB customers do not speak with their wallets and refuse to buy products they deem sub-par, JB will have absolutely no incentive to retro their older models as close as possible to the originals. If you can #*#%+ about the non-use of real leather, moan about the cracking soles, whine about the absence of "Nike Air," and still pull out the wallet and hand over the cash for TWO PAIRS of the same average retro, it sends a single message to JB:

"Don't listen to my complaints, I'm satisfied with whatever garbage you shove down my throat. It might look and taste funny at first, but it'll grow on me. Keep it coming."

*sigh* When are you guys going to get it through your heads that this isn't going to happen? Retros are put out by JB=no Nike logo. Yes, JB is a subsidiary of Nike, but it's own brand. Unless Nike retros Jordans, this isn't happening. Give it up, stop reasoning begging and pleading. Let go of the past, you can't get it back, it's done, over, kaput. Would you guys want a Jumpman on some SB's? It's crazy how this issue keeps coming up and no one ever pays attention to why it won't happen.

Back
Top Bottom