$200 for Jordan III-VI with Nike Air?

^ Preach!

Both have great points, but I have to go with my man ninja on this one. The AF1 was always a popular choice amongst kids and adults alike. NYC IS one of if not the most populated state in the US and nowhere new the size of some states like California or Texas. It isn't so far-fetched to think that Nike understands where it's product moves best, and then feed it heavily in that specific area.

Just as Nike previously appeased the requests of THREE small time shop owners and brought back the AF!, Nike WILL in fact listen again. Niketalk members may not represent the majority of Nike's profits, but we sure as hell make a lot more noise than 3 mom/pop shop owners.

Originally Posted by Cement Greyman

I think the brand had a good idea with the BIN series, but the execution was flawed. Let's face it, the line probably got scrapped because they really didn't know where to go with it. The series was suppose to be ideas of experimental and imagined Air Jordan designs that didn't make it out of the innovation kitchen with high quality materials....but the last BIN, the jordan V was an all black shoe, identical to the general release, with premium leather and white laces. White laces? There was a story behind the shoe and I loved the shoe, it just didn't go with the theme of the BIN line.

I think the brand should take the BIN concept of high quality materials add NIKE AIR and fused them into a NIKE X Jordan Brand collection. Original colorways made with premium materials, (I guess durabuck can be considered premium since they are using that felt like material so much, you can make all the claims you want about it actually being better....it's not) NIKE AIR in original collectors boxes similar to the boxes used for the Banned 1s and the current III releases. The banned 1s are a prime example of how a collection like this would fair, calling it a NIKE X JB Authentics collection will acknowledge that Brand Jordan and NIKE are separate so as not to hurt JBs fragile ego.

Imagine Premium leather used on the heel of a black infrared VI with durabuck. Add scotch lite and NIKE AIR with a special packaging.
pimp.gif
nerd.gif
...or original colorways in the III's and IV's with premium leathers? Jordan can still release their retro's with a jumpman in any color they chose in whatever crappy material they want. That way the kids can have their "jumpmans" and be happy with that and the consumers that want more can have this. Sure the NIKE X Jordan Brand line would be more expensive, but I would pay more for better....I mean you guys are paying almost $200 now for sub par releases anyway, why not pay more and get more?
pimp.gif

Truth is spoken. I would be the first, second and third in line to get the shoes of my youth with Nike Air, OG Colorways and materials that would be better than the originals... well worth the price which I am sure would be well above 300.00 knowing how Nike/JB hits kids over the head with so-called "premium/limited" releases 
eyes.gif

Originally Posted by ninjahood

These two statements don't even make sense together. If places outside of major cities couldn't carry them, and you couldn't buy them online, how were the Air Force 1 the majority of Nike's business?
are you forgetting NYC is da most populated city in da united states? over 17 million folks...its not hard to believe a good chunk of those folks buy air force I's. we're not even counting DC, philly, Chitown, etc.

Nelly put the AF1 back on people's radars with a song, just as Wale put foamposites back on peoples radars with a track.
laugh.gif
wale did absolutely nothing to generate hype for foamposites..cool dude and all, but son was just a product of his city that already HEAVILY supported da shoe, like NYC...foamposites didn't NEED him to get back on da radar..cuz they never left.

foamposites ALWAYS sold well, word to nike re-retroing da all black foamposite pros annually for 3-4 years for ONLY da east coast...it wasn't until da cross over flightposite I eggplant colorway collided with da foamposite penny silhouette that da whole thing

went nuclear.

air force I's fell off because nike oversaturated da market with da 25th anniversary releases...every sneaker person worth his merit knows this.

Nelly played a micro role in introducing em to da country folks outside da inner city who didn't know....air forces are popularly knows as Uptowns....NOT cuz there's a uptown in st. louis
grin.gif
laugh.gif

Well obviously I was referencing NY when I said "uptowns", who doesn't know that. 
But this debate is going nowhere. I have more points to make, but honestly, I don't feel like taking this any further. 

I will let you all complain about JB releases until you realize nothing is going to change. And if JB does start charging $200-$300 for retro's with your precious Nike Air, don't complain when resale prices get to Air Yeezy level. Because if there's one thing Nike has mastered thanks to resellers is the limited release. Drop limited quantities, make mother %@+#$@! go crazy. Resellers will have a ball, and Nike will have you pissing yourselves until the next release if you can't cop. 

The logic in this thread is still beyond me, but whatever. 

Back
Top Bottom