$200 for Jordan III-VI with Nike Air?

Originally Posted by beh235

*sigh* When are you guys going to get it through your heads that this isn't going to happen? Retros are put out by JB=no Nike logo. Yes, JB is a subsidiary of Nike, but it's own brand. Unless Nike retros Jordans, this isn't happening. Give it up, stop reasoning begging and pleading. Let go of the past, you can't get it back, it's done, over, kaput. Would you guys want a Jumpman on some SB's? It's crazy how this issue keeps coming up and no one ever pays attention to why it won't happen.

I would never want a Jumpman on sb cause it wasn't part of the original design but if it was and they retro them yes give me a jumpman. The point that all of us are trying to make for the people who it doesn't matter what sign is on the back of the shoe is this do you think anyone would be complaining if Air Jordans never had Nike Air on any retros? See if you sell me a replica of something for more money than the original at least give me the same details that I had at first. Now Nike brought Converse so they are a subsidary of Nike also but if they started putting swooshes on Chucks all hell would break loose.

Originally Posted by Big daddy 8523

Originally Posted by rtdix214

Originally Posted by PRIME

These dudes will never get over it my dude. Just like AirRodney said in this thread, and I've said countless times, MJ isn't putting that damn Nike Air on his shoes. 
That man has to push his brand. 

To all those pissing and moaning about Nike Air, would you put another mans logo on your product when you are trying to make that money? 

JB releasaes have to compete with other Nike products. If he slapped Nike Air on every shoe still, do you think JB would hold its recognition as its own brand?

This +$@! ain't about nostalgia, this +$@! is about money. At the end of the day it may be a hobby to us, but its a damn business to them. 

Get with it or shut up. 

Exactly it's about MONEY!!!! Why would JB use Nike Air, when jays without the Nike Air sell out almost instantly!!!

Well the lastest pair with Nike Air on them did sell out instantly and I can almost guarantee no matter what had released at the (Nike) outlets before they have never had people camping for any normal shoe like people did for the Banned 1's. I called across the country myself and even paid reseller prices and wasn't upset about it either and you know that Jb drops about 30 pair of Jordan 1's a yr that end up at outlets. If you want to know why a Jordan 1 that has been basterdized and ruined by Jb had people goin crazy look no further than that Nike Air on the tongue. I can live with Jumpmans in the insole and on Retro + colors and styles but a Tech Grey 4 with a s h itty jumpman isn't doin it for me. I bet for all the people who own Banned 1's if anyone was to take a poll Nike Air would probably be the main reason like it was for myself that people went through hell for them. I paid double for a resale pair and didn't mind. Now put Retro's 1-6 in the store for $200 and make them available to the people who really want them and JB will keep us core buyers. (The kids will move on Jb is a fad for them just like the snapbacks that we couldn't stand or those stupid skinny jeans).
Its really easy for a limited release shoe to sell out. No matter where they drop. The Yeezy's had fewer pairs than that and sold out 3 times. 
Nike uses genuine quality materials for sneakers that will be used for performance. 

You aren't a "core" buyer to Nike just because you complain but still cop. 

Nike's biggest profit comes from the every day customers who buy the newest Air Max rendition's and Lunarglide's... 

You think Nike/JB is living off "sneakerheads" who buy old shoes that come in limited qualities? Or do you think they're making bank off of the everyday person who's in the local finishline/Nike Factory looking for a good pair of running shoes?

Some of you think that we are what makes Nike who they are. When in reality, we are a smaller percentage of their profit than you think. 

They retro these shoes because there are certain people out there (us) who love having their favorite pairs form the past. But thats a small percentage, because most of the world doesn't +%%%++% care about a shoe that came out damn near 20 years ago. 

Nike only has the luxury of retroing sneakers because their current releases do so damn well. OPEN YOUR EYES. 

If Nike released nothing but $200 retro's with Nike Air on the back, making you happy, THEY ARE LOSING MONEY. Are you going to pay them back what they didn't make because all you care about is getting what you want? 

Nike/JB put their own logo's on their own sneakers and put the time and effort into their newest releases because that is whats keeping their brands on top. The NEW releases. Because believe it or not, non sneaker enthusiasts are the complete opposite of us. They want NEW sneakers. Not old shoes that have releases 5-10 times over the past decade+

If Jordan Brand puts that Nike Air on their sneaker thats taking away from them as a BRAND. I can say that a thousand times but you guys just don't seem to understand that concept. So I will stop saying it. 

These companies have a budget to watch, and do you know whats at the top of that list? Is it your 2011 Air Jordan retro with high quality Gucci loafer quality leather, dyed midsoles, and a big rubber Nike Air on the back? No... 

Jordan Brand/Nike are putting that money and materials into its newer generation of sneakers giving customers a variety of new shoes to push their brands forward. Its not 1991 anymore. Stop living in the damn past. Either buy the retro for the price they retail for with the quality that you get, or buy a current generation release. If neither of those, pick up a new hobby. Go collect bottle caps or something. 

I think that would suck because they would find a way to mess up the other aspects of the shoe. I wouldn't mind paying that if the shoes were true to Og form w/ quality to match.

What's so hard about not buying a shoe?

If you don't like the quality/look/features then don't buy the shoe.

There's not gonna be a Nike Air logo...get over it.

I see no point in complaining when more than half of you are going to purchase anyway.

And no, I wouldn't pay $200 for an outdated, low quality sneaker because it has a certain logo on the back that my pants are going to cover up.

BTW, the Banned 1's should have been mass produced (from a business standpoint...they still would have sold out).

Nike only has the luxury of retroing sneakers because their current releases do so damn well.
laugh.gif

thats so much hog wash...i remember at one point and it could very well be, Nike Air Force I's were more then 70% of nike's TOTAL sneaker business...a retro.

make no mistake about it, nike NEEDS their retros ALOT more then you think.

negative... $200 is crazy for a NIKE AIR haha and honestly i could care less bout a Jumpman or Nike Air:.

Originally Posted by ninjahood

Nike only has the luxury of retroing sneakers because their current releases do so damn well.
laugh.gif

thats so much hog wash...i remember at one point and it could very well be, Nike Air Force I's were more then 70% of nike's TOTAL sneaker business...a retro.

If Nike stops retroing shoes Nike is eating good.
If Nike stops making new releases, Nike is losing money. 

No matter how many pair of retro's you buy, you aren't keeping Nike afloat. 

Nike didn't make the AF1 sell, Nelly made AF1's sell. So what point are you really trying to make right now? That Nike's biggest selling shoe was fueled by a music artist? 

People weren't buying AF1's because they just so happened to like the silhouette. They bought it from the Hype. The same hype that fuels these Jordan retro's. 

YOU need Nike's retro's... Nike could stop releasing as many retro's per year if they wanted and still be making bank. 

Get from under your rock, log off NT, and go to a Footlocker or Finishline and see what I'm talking about. 

It's funny how people think they're Economics professors in here.

It's a simple request; bring back the quality. I sure as hell don't mind paying more for it. They don't need to make it a general release, just give us an alternative to the garbage that is being produced.

It would just be nice to have certain shoes come back with the correct shape, materials and color.

Originally Posted by jc619er

That picture makes me hate even more the "tech gray" 4's that are coming out next year. Seriously that shoe is just an embarrassing retro. If they made exact OG replicas (color and shape and Nike Air on back) then yes I'd definitely pay $200. Hell people are willing to shell out damn near $200 for 11's and those have the worst quality. So I don't know why everyone is so up in arms over this idea. 
i agree.  watching christmas vacation with russ rocking the cement iv takes me back to my black/cement iv from junior high.  seeing the photos with the tech gray kills any vintage nostalgia i might have, which really just saves money for me.

i would pay $200 for a retro that is a replica, to the exact spec, of the actual shoes i wore growing up.  im still fighting myself over trying to track down the black cement 3 for retail, forget anything a penny over.  jordan brand marketing has the nike air logo as an ace up their sleeve right now.  smart move.  any sense of waning sales trends and all they have to do is pull that out and watch the hype swirl again.  they keep that carrot suspended out in front and keep parting fools from their money.

If you think Nelly made AF1's sell, you need to check your history man. That is such an asinine statement.

Originally Posted by beh235

If you think Nelly made AF1's sell, you need to check your history man. That is such an asinine statement.
Really? Is it? So I guess out of nowhere AF1's just started selling like crazy again in 2002... Right... Because we all know before "Air Force Ones" dropped, Air Forces were selling out across the nation. 
Give me a break. You guys really are caught up in your own heads about these shoes. 

Being ignorant to the fact that Nelly did in fact give Nike a boost in AF1 sales, and then going on to say you will pay $200 for a shoe with the same quality as it had back in 88' for $100?

I'm done with this thread. It reminds me why I don't converse with sneakerheads outside of this website. Because the obsession with sneakers takes away your logic.

laugh.gif

Nike didn't make the AF1 sell, Nelly made AF1's sell. So what point are you really trying to make right now? That Nike's biggest selling shoe was fueled by a music artist? 

People weren't buying AF1's because they just so happened to like thesilhouette. They bought it from the Hype. The same hype that fuels these Jordan retro's.
roll.gif
roll.gif
roll.gif
roll.gif
roll.gif
roll.gif
roll.gif
roll.gif
roll.gif

you have officially proved that you have NO idea what you're talking about.

where da Steez when you need him to clear up this blatant noob propaganda

air force I's been selling on their OWN for decades before nelly even knew what they were..he said it himself...he came to NY one day and someone put em on to em...

when people CONSTANTLY demand nike air on jordans III-VI its because those represent da authentic era....make no mistake about it, da banned I's were made with a purpose..to re-create da jordan I's

with a identical replica complete with nike air. JB will bring it back one day, once it gets to da point that da jordan retros aren't hitting da way they posed to they'll bring it back...its their secret weapon...think about it like this

you would have to BUY jordan III-VI all over again if they did it, all da jumpman retros that preceded em would collapse in value and no one would want em...i know if a nike air retro in 100% og materials or improved upon in luxury

materials drop, i would retrofit every single pair that would have to be replaced.

I think the brand had a good idea with the BIN series, but the execution was flawed. Let's face it, the line probably got scrapped because they really didn't know where to go with it. The series was suppose to be ideas of experimental and imagined Air Jordan designs that didn't make it out of the innovation kitchen with high quality materials....but the last BIN, the jordan V was an all black shoe, identical to the general release, with premium leather and white laces. White laces? There was a story behind the shoe and I loved the shoe, it just didn't go with the theme of the BIN line.

I think the brand should take the BIN concept of high quality materials add NIKE AIR and fused them into a NIKE X Jordan Brand collection. Original colorways made with premium materials, (I guess durabuck can be considered premium since they are using that felt like material so much, you can make all the claims you want about it actually being better....it's not) NIKE AIR in original collectors boxes similar to the boxes used for the Banned 1s and the current III releases. The banned 1s are a prime example of how a collection like this would fair, calling it a NIKE X JB Authentics collection will acknowledge that Brand Jordan and NIKE are separate so as not to hurt JBs fragile ego.

Imagine Premium leather used on the heel of a black infrared VI with durabuck. Add scotch lite and NIKE AIR with a special packaging....or original colorways in the III's and IV's with premium leathers? Jordan can still release their retro's with a jumpman in any color they chose in whatever crappy material they want. That way the kids can have their "jumpmans" and be happy with that and the consumers that want more can have this. Sure the NIKE X Jordan Brand line would be more expensive, but I would pay more for better....I mean you guys are paying almost $200 now for sub par releases anyway, why not pay more and get more?

air force I's been selling on their OWN for decades before nelly even knew what they were..he said it himself...he came to NY one day and someone put em on to em...

when people CONSTANTLY demand nike air on jordans III-VI its because those represent da authentic era....make no mistake about it, da banned I's were made with a purpose..to re-create da jordan I's

with a identical replica complete with nike air. JB will bring it back one day, once it gets to da point that da jordan retros aren't hitting da way they posed to they'll bring it back...its their secret weapon...think about it like this

you would have to BUY jordan III-VI all over again if they did it, all da jumpman retros that preceded em would collapse in value and no one would want em...i know if a nike air retro in 100% og materials or improved upon in luxury

materials drop, i would retrofit every single pair that would have to be replaced.
So Forces were selling in LA? The DMV? The Chi? The middle of west bubble %$+@? 
Or were the selling in NY? Forces were an uptown thing. 

Because the proof is in what you just said. Nelly was put on to Forces when he went to NY. Which means they weren't like that in his area until he made them big. 

Thanks for proving my point. 

Step outside of NY one day my dude, and see that just cause its big there, that doesn't mean its big everywhere else. Cause I know for a fact, nobody around the DMV was hawking for Forces in the late 90's until Nelly dropped that track in 02... Then you had cats (myself included) wanting all white forces. This ain't the 80's, don't try to show me some video with Bobbito Garcia talking about how big Forces were in the 80's... Those dudes are talking about how big they USED to be. Show me a video of someone talking about Air Forces in the 90's... Because if I remember correctly, the Jewels sat on shelves FOREVER. Once Nelly dropped that track, shoe stores couldn't keep them on the shelves. 

Don't act like you don't know. 

A raise in quality would make retro's better. A Nike swoosh wont. 

And who cares about the resell value of these shoes? That's not the discussion we are having. Because '09 space jams are going for more than '00 Jams so don't bring resale value into the discussion. Hell, CDP XI's almost go for as much as '01s. 

Do you really think Nike cares about the resale value of their sneakers in relation to profit? Sure its a nice thing to brag about, but you selling your shoes ain't making Nike any money. Once Nike sells these retro's that deal is done. Anything that happens to the shoes after that means nothing to them. Nike isn't losing any money if they sell all their units and nobody can push old retro's at resell prices. 

You're talking in sneaker head standards and I'm talking in real world talk. 

If JB charges $200 for a general release sneaker, they are losing money, because they aren't going to sell as much as they are now. When the XVII's dropped it was madness, when the foamposites first dropped it was madness. Regular people weren't copping these $200 kicks. Stores had to drop the prices of the 17's to around $150 around here just so people would cop. 

And I'm from the DMV, the place where MJ was playing when they dropped. And the area with the biggest foamposite influence. 

So what really are you trying to tell me? Still?

duke, you from da DMV, im from NYC....foamposites ALWAYS sold around here for retail...jordans too but some did go on sale..and do did air force I's...please spare me that "air force I's weren't selling everywhere else" because frankly places outside NY or other major cities

couldn't even carry em, you couldn't even buy air force I's online for decades i remember until nike recently lifted that ban. air force I's were da MAJORITY of Nike's footwear business for years, da white on white air force I is probably still nike's best seller in 2011.

as far as da tristate area, Nelly didn't bring nothing new to da table...so you talkin about "air force I's sold off of hype" is incorrect.

as far as nike air is concerned, if they did it with da banned I's they'll do it again with any other sneaker...NOTHING IS STOPPING THEM EXCEPT THEMSELVES.

Originally Posted by super23freak

Those saying no are fools.
You'll get retros for $200 with a Jumpman on it soon.

Soon. It's already happening. Every time you buy some 11's it's pretty much 200 once you figure in the tax. I know when I bought the Space Jams two years ago I spent almost 190 retail after tax and then if you buy them online you have shipping too. So trust me it's already there and people will be knocking dudes out come Christmas to get the Concords and pay that 200 bucks.

duke, you from da DMV, im from NYC....foamposites ALWAYS sold around here for retail...jordans too but some did go on sale..and do did air force I's...please spare me that "air force I's weren't selling everywhere else" because frankly places outside NY or other major cities couldn't even carry em, you couldn't even buy air force I's online for decades i remember until nike recently lifted that ban. air force I's were da MAJORITY of Nike's footwear business for years, da white on white air force I is probably still nike's best seller in 2011.

as far as da tristate area, Nelly didn't bring nothing new to da table...so you talkin about "air force I's sold off of hype" is incorrect.

as far as nike air is concerned, if they did it with da banned I's they'll do it again with any other sneaker...NOTHING IS STOPPING THEM EXCEPT THEMSELVES.
These two statements don't even make sense together. If places outside of major cities couldn't carry them, and you couldn't buy them online, how were the Air Force 1 the majority of Nike's business? You're saying more and more things that co-align with my last posts. 
If I said AF1's weren't poppin' out here until the early '00s, and you say not a lot of places outside of Major cities could get them and you couldn't buy them online, aren't you just stating supporting facts to further prove my point? 

Nelly put the AF1 back on people's radars with a song, just as Wale put foamposites back on peoples radars with a track. 

For someone who's always using rappers influence in his posts to prove his points, it sure is weird you're on the opposing side of this argument. The one time a rapper actually did influence something. 

In 2011, kids are going crazy over snapback hats. Why? Because of Big Sean and Tyga. Kids are going nuts over camo shorts and chuck taylors, why? Because of Wiz Khalifa. Kids are going crazy over Foamposites, why? Because of Wale. 

In 2002 kids were going crazy over Air Force 1's, why? Because of Nelly.

All of these articles of clothing were once popular at a point in time, but the hype fell off. Then it took the influence of a hit song or celebrity to bring it back (excluding camo shorts), and then BOOM. You have companies moving more units than they were ever selling. 

The Air Force 1 was the same exact way. Because the Air Force is not as hyped and popular as it was anymore. Sure people still buy them, but is Nike moving as many Air Forces as they were 8 years ago? Can you honestly say they are? Nelly created that hype around the shoes. The +$*$ was on the %**$%%@ news for goodness sake. I'm not making this +$*$ up man, you're just living in denial. 

These two statements don't even make sense together. If places outside of major cities couldn't carry them, and you couldn't buy them online, how were the Air Force 1 the majority of Nike's business?
are you forgetting NYC is da most populated city in da united states? over 17 million folks...its not hard to believe a good chunk of those folks buy air force I's. we're not even counting DC, philly, Chitown, etc.

Nelly put the AF1 back on people's radars with a song, just as Wale put foamposites back on peoples radars with a track.
laugh.gif
wale did absolutely nothing to generate hype for foamposites..cool dude and all, but son was just a product of his city that already HEAVILY supported da shoe, like NYC...foamposites didn't NEED him to get back on da radar..cuz they never left.

foamposites ALWAYS sold well, word to nike re-retroing da all black foamposite pros annually for 3-4 years for ONLY da east coast...it wasn't until da cross over flightposite I eggplant colorway collided with da foamposite penny silhouette that da whole thing

went nuclear.

air force I's fell off because nike oversaturated da market with da 25th anniversary releases...every sneaker person worth his merit knows this.

Nelly played a micro role in introducing em to da country folks outside da inner city who didn't know....air forces are popularly knows as Uptowns....NOT cuz there's a uptown in st. louis
grin.gif
laugh.gif

Back
Top Bottom