Quote:
Anybody do a Ponce on Boom Boom in sparring yet? :b
tongue.gif

:lol:
laugh.gif
:lol:
laugh.gif

Quote:
Wait, weren't you talking about the Donaire family before the Darchinyan fight? I coulda swore you were even rooting for Vic. Maybe it was the just the father you didn't like? i can't remember for sure.

LOL... yes i was... because when Glen Donaire fought Gorres, it seemed like they acted like Gorres wasn't the better boxer even if Gorres won the fight.... and yes i was rooting for Vic :lol:
laugh.gif
But then, i had lunch with them last sunday, and pretty much kicked it with them during the weekend, they're a pretty good family :wow:
embarassed.gif
:wow:
embarassed.gif
Cebu Boxing
Gorres, Banal, Bautista, Amonsot, Penalosa
TEAMSANDIEGO C H ARG E R S

Quote:
I was talking about the Calzaghe/Kessler headline. Glad it's still there, meaning the fight hasn't been cancelled..

Gotta hold your breath though. There are rumblings out of Kessler's camp that he hurt his right hand in training camp. Kessler isn't saying anything, and is running a closed camp to avoid people talking, but "unnamed sources" have begun to say @#%$. It's got me a little worried cause if Kessler's hands can't hold up, you know its only a matter of time until Calzaghe busts his.

Quote:
LOL... yes i was... because when Glen Donaire fought Gorres, it seemed like they acted like Gorres wasn't the better boxer even if Gorres won the fight.... and yes i was rooting for Vic :lol:
laugh.gif
But then, i had lunch with them last sunday, and pretty much kicked it with them during the weekend, they're a pretty good family

I'm guessing you didn't tell them or plan on ever telling them that you were rooting for Vic, huh? :b
tongue.gif
RIP Diego Corrales
40-5 (33 KO's)
Rest In Peace to one of the fiercest warriors to ever step foot into the ring. His body may have passed, but his spirit will live on through his epic bouts. May his eternity be filled with cheering fans and loving family.

Quote:
I was talking about the Calzaghe/Kessler headline. Glad it's still there, meaning the fight hasn't been cancelled...

I have been reading alot about Kessler's disappearing act for the promotional events for this fight and it has got some people wondering what is going on in his camp. I am crossing my fingers this fight still goes off this weekend.

Punisher vs. Kermit, if this was a fictional battle it would be a destruction of epic proportions but ever since his loss to Magarito and his linking up with Manny Steward, Cintron looks like a different fighter. Combine that witht the fact that he has always had heavy hands, then this should be a very entertaining fight.

Cotto has never been in a bad fight so this has the makings of a classic. I wouldn't be shocked if Mosley floored Cotto but the guy has proven time and again that he can get up, weather the storm, and pull out the W. Shane will be the best fighter that Cotto has stepped in the ring against to date so I expect fireworks on November 10th.

I don't expect to see a KO but i think Mosley will definetly win by moving around the ring and using his speed/combinations that will give him a decision Cotto doesn't have good footwork like Mosley he has fast body punches but Mosley can move around those punches by not standing in front of Cotto but by jabbing and throwing punches. I can't wait to see Mosley win on November 10.
Sugar Shane Mosley​

I disagree about Cotto's footwork. Sure he doesn't have quick feet and can't get up on his toes, but he cuts off the ring better than just about any pressure fighter in the game today, and that is all about footwork. JLC is the only recent fighter that i would say did a better job, but he's pretty far past it now. I wouldn't be surprised to see Mosley get off to a quick start, but i think Cotto eeks out a close decision by wearing Mosley down. Zab is quick and has good foot movement, and he couldn't avoid Cotto's body/ball sack attack. I think Mosley wins more rounds than Zab and reaches the final bell, but i think Cotto wins a close decision by taking the championship rounds with relative ease. Also remember, Mosley hasn't been in a tough fight at 147 in years. I just have the feeling that he's gonna wear down late. Whether he can put enough rounds in the bank early is the key, imo.
RIP Diego Corrales
40-5 (33 KO's)
Rest In Peace to one of the fiercest warriors to ever step foot into the ring. His body may have passed, but his spirit will live on through his epic bouts. May his eternity be filled with cheering fans and loving family.

i never really watched mosley alot bc i only got into boxing a couple yrs ago (watching him get embarassed by winky the first time was one of the first fights i saw)...but, in the past few years, i havent really been that impressed by him...Vargas was damaged goods, and he showed he can outbox someone against collazo, but collazos not really an elite fighter...

cotto also came up against somewhat recently, so i've never really seen a top fighter with good technique try to out-box him...cotto's pretty short, so if the fight goes long, even with that body attack mosley might have a chance imo...anyone think that's possible?

hopefully it'll be a good, close fight tho...i think it might even be worth the ppv money, heh...too many ppv fights this year tho, i think thats why ppl aren't following it too much, wen u have to buy Showtime, HBO, and all these ppvs...

oh yea....Kessler in 7 via KO...i hate calzaghe and his cocky attitude, i'm still pissed at Jeff Lacy for embarassing the USA like that last yr -_- ....

I see Mosley pulling this one out. Slick fighters seem to have descent success against Cotto and it seems outside fighters tend to give Mosley problems which isn't the case here. I thought the Malignaggi fight was pretty close and he's a class below Mosley and doesn't have the same power, speed, or experience. Judah did well early until he broke down as usual..this is also the same guy who caved into Baldomir's pressure.

I'm going with Calzaghe this weekend. I haven't seen too much of Kessler but he doesn't really impress me.

Malignaggi did give Cotto a close fight, but at this point Malignaggi moves a lot more and has faster hands than Mosley. Shane doesn't move and box all that much anymore, and thats why i think Cotto will wear him down. I just don't think Shane has enough left in the tank to avoid cotto all night. Malignaggi is probably the slickest boxer out there right now next to Ivan Calderon, and Cotto was able to corral him along the ropes long enough to do damage and win the fight.

Was doing some research and just realized something. Here are the guys Mosley's beaten in the last 5 years:
De La Hoya
David Estrada
Jose Luis Cruz
Fernando Vargas
Luis Collazo.

The last real good fighter Mosley has beaten, other than De La Hoya, was Jesse James Leija in 1998. Mosley has, for the most part, looked real good against marginal comp. He hasn't fought a fighter of Cotto's style and caliber in ages, if ever. Look, i wont be surprised if Mosley wins, but i haven't seen anything that would have me making Shane the favorite.

Quote:
I'm going with Calzaghe this weekend. I haven't seen too much of Kessler but he doesn't really impress me.
RIP Diego Corrales
40-5 (33 KO's)

I probably need to rewatch Mosley's recent fights (I have a terrible fight memory) since it's possible I may be a little delusional about his current skills. I was watching Mosley-De La Hoya 1 on OnDemand the other day but I guess I got to keep in mind that was 7 years ago. I think it may be safe to say that Mosley has more power than Malignaggi which may slow down Cotto and compensate for what may be less ring movement. I wouldn't be super surprised to Cotto wear him down but I'm sticking to Mosley for now.

The only fight I saw Kessler was his fight against Andrade (which I just watched a couple rounds of). I know he's got some others on youtube that I'll try to check out. Kessler does throw some good combos but from what I can see he almost strictly throws jabs and straight rights with an inside game virtually not existent. I don't see any slipping or countering while on defense, instead he usually just backs straight up. I think Calzaghe's style could give him some problems if he applies pressure and keeps busy with the inside combinations.

centeno_miranda_porras004.jpg
Quote:
In his first fight at super middleweight, Edison Miranda (29-2, 25 KOs) methodically broke down Henry Porras (33-7-1, 25 KOs), scoring a fifth round stoppage of on Tuesday night at the Seminole Hard Rock LIVE Arena in Hollywood, Florida. Referee Frank Santore waved it off after Miranda rocked Porras and then unloaded a powerful barrage of punches. Time was 2:45.
:pimp:
pimp.gif
RIP Diego Corrales
40-5 (33 KO's)

^^^^^HDnet Fri. Its on at 7:00 PM here in Cali, not sure if its a 7:00 PM out there as well. I of course don't get HDnet so i'm gonna have to download this sometime Saturday.

By the way, he also stopped Porras faster than anyone else has. Faster than Pavlik, faster Mikkel Kessler, faster than Carl Froch. Looks like his power carried pretty well up to 168, which is a real good sign and frankly a bit surprising to me.
RIP Diego Corrales
40-5 (33 KO's)

you guys really should not look into the Paulie fight too much, that was a drained Cotto and he still managed to break his face. 147lb Cotto is a monster, I mean you have seen what hes done...

I know its late but I finally found my camera and here are some of the few pictures I took during the Taylor v. Pavlik fight in AC. Not the best pictures in the world and I was too caught up in the fight to take tha many:

54l8lqb.jpg

4vg5tzt.jpg

4pbo64x.jpg

4zo2drr.jpg

4r2y9mq.jpg
:pimp:
pimp.gif

^^^^^^Not only that, there is a SHObox tonight, Calvin Brock vs. Eddie Chambers. Part of the tournament to determine Wladamir Klitschko's mandatory. Winner of tonights fight faces Alexander Povetkin in the final eliminator. Also, Edison Miranda's latest fight is on tape-delay tonight on HDNet. A damn good weekend of fights.

And good looks on the pictures, looks like a pretty good view, how much did those seats run you?
RIP Diego Corrales
40-5 (33 KO's)

Amo, the 1st picture I posted up was the view I had for the fight, just a bit to the left. Tickets cost $100 and they were worth every penny.

all right, i need to plan an excursion out to Atlantic City or Vegas sometime next year, i need to see one of these damn championship fights live. If Miranda or Julio get a title shot, i'm going into debt to attend those.
RIP Diego Corrales
40-5 (33 KO's)

Great pics. That fight was a bargain from what I remember That looks like a good view even though it fairly far from the ring but they be even better then certain ringside seats because there are so many things that can get in your way like security, camera man, or someone standing up the whole time. I would have been furious had I paid $600 or so for some ringside seats and sat behind Jermain Taylor's sisters lol.

Can the fact that the Calzaghe/Kessler fight is in Wales, play a part in the decision?

I'm rooting for Kessler hard, but a part of me says he needs a knockout to win...

TONIGHT!
-|LESGodSonC0|-

TEAMYANKEES

TEAMGIANTS

Back
Top Bottom