2007 NT Boxing Post: Thanks For A Great Year/ Please Lock

I cant wait either Cotto/Mosely should be great i still cant make a pick .

Pavlik will win the rematch , but the big question is will Jermain Stick with Manny ?
TEAMCOWBOYS
VI..XII..XXVII..XXVIII..XXX......​
[center

Quote:
WHO ELSE IS AMPED UP FOR THIS COTTO/MOSELY FIGHT?

Fight of the year. Got my ticket and will be at MSG to watch this bad boy live.

Good news on the Taylor v. Pavlik rematch. I went to that fight and that was one of the better atmospheres I have been around at a sporting event. I think JT takes the rematch at the bigger weight.

Mosley is gonna destroy Cotto. Mosley by KO in the 3rd, and Cotto will not a land a single punch in 3 rounds. I'm serious.

Or maybe i'm just tying to @#%$ with Gunna's head. who knows :wink:
wink.gif
RIP Diego Corrales
40-5 (33 KO's)
Rest In Peace to one of the fiercest warriors to ever step foot into the ring. His body may have passed, but his spirit will live on through his epic bouts. May his eternity be filled with cheering fans and loving family.

Shane Mosley will teach Cotto the sweet science in boxing.

Mosley by Unanimous Decision. :pimp:
pimp.gif
Sugar Shane Mosley​

Jay should save all these Mosley victory predictions in case Miguel should win the fight word to S4L3
EQUIPO BOXEO
White Sox * Bulls * Bears * The Great KATSIDIS​

In actuality i think Cotto takes it on a close decision at the end of the fight. I wouldn't be surprised either way and to be honest i don't care either way. I'm expecting a great fight and don't care who wins.

And i got a question for Dako or any other guys currently boxing/training. Me and my friend are working together on training, and i was wondering if anybody had:
1) Any books or DVD's that would be good for two guys who have no boxing experience but watch it all the time.
2) Any workouts for focus mitts and any specific way they should be used. I found some that my dad had way back when and could use some tips.
RIP Diego Corrales
40-5 (33 KO's)
Rest In Peace to one of the fiercest warriors to ever step foot into the ring. His body may have passed, but his spirit will live on through his epic bouts. May his eternity be filled with cheering fans and loving family.

^^ Amo, my friend ordered a couple Freddie Roach Vids from Ebay and i do study it. One vid is how you punch heavy bags and speed bags (he's got Justin Fortune punching the heavy bag) and another vid is the mitts.

He teaches technique, the proper stance, and even defense. Yeah i recommend you getting that if its cheap. Its kinda hard to understand Freddie mumble though :lol:
laugh.gif
Cebu Boxing
Gorres, Banal, Bautista, Amonsot, Penalosa
TEAMSANDIEGO C H ARG E R S

Quote:
Local hero and 168-pound prospect Allan "Sweetness" Green jumped on the outgunned and undefeated Jaidon Codrington at the bell and delivered a withering volley of searing left hooks and hammering straight right hands. Green's assault drove the former amateur star Codrington through the ropes and almost into the first row of seats.

Referee Gerald Ritter called a halt to the carnage 18-seconds into the opening stanza of the scheduled eight-rounder and then did his best to protect to stricken fighter. Codrington's entourage, however, stormed the ring and vaulted atop the apron triggering an ugly episode that went on close to ten minutes before order was finally restored.

In their zeal to help their fallen friend Codrington's supporters caused havoc, as medical personnel and the ringside doctor labored to clear the ring and revive the unconscious boxer. Pure mayhem was the result with more screaming, shouting, pushing and finger pointing than a cheap tent revival.

Oklahoma law enforcement officers finally ended up placing several people in handcuffs and leading them away until the ring was semi-cleared and Codrington was placed on a stretcher and taken to a local hospital.

smh.gif

I'm surprised Wayne's wife even knew to shout that out. :lol:

Out

Yo Dako, can you find the name of the videos for me so i can get the right ones? Not like i need it though, my 1-2 combo is straight lethal :pimp:
pimp.gif
:lol:
laugh.gif
RIP Diego Corrales
40-5 (33 KO's)

:rofl:
roll.gif
roll.gif
roll.gif
roll.gif
roll.gif
roll.gif
roll.gif
roll.gif

that video does it to me every time
theres a vid of it with the mike tyson punch out sound effects what will damn near make u throw up :rofl:
roll.gif
roll.gif

they threw that man to the wolves way too early
[color=ff0000]P[/color][color=ff3333]H[/color][color=ff6666]I[/color][color=ff9a9a]L[/color]A 76[color=9a9aff]E[/color][color=6666ff]R[/color][color=3333ff]S[/color]
[color=000066]S[/color][color=0000FF]T[/color][color=6699FF]L[/color] R[color=FFFF99]A[/color][color=FFFF33]M[/color][color=FFFF00]S[/color]

Amohoop got to either titleboxing.com or ringside.com they have a lot of video's , but you should try to get to the Gym because you can only learn but so much from video you still need someone to correct your stance , punches and other things
TEAMCOWBOYS
VI..XII..XXVII..XXVIII..XXX......​
[center

I know i need to get to the gym and plan to eventually. Right now i just want to work on some basics while i try to get myself back into somewhat reasonable shape before i head to the gym.
RIP Diego Corrales
40-5 (33 KO's)

Quote:
while i try to get myself back into somewhat reasonable shape before i head to the gym.

Don't wait Amo, go to the boxing gym. You will learn proper technique while getting in shape there. The gym should have conditioning programs/classes and that will give you more structure/motivation.

i know i should get right back, but i would just feel totally uncomfortable with the way i am right now. Its just more trying to get comfortable with myself before i go into a foreign environment.
RIP Diego Corrales
40-5 (33 KO's)

I haven't seen the title DVD's with Freddie Roach, they must be new. There was an entire set of 16 DVD's which featured some different trainers that I've seen and purchased off of eBay dirt cheap. They're ok for learning some very basic skills but I'd try to get in the gym shortly after since you could be developing bad habits and not even realize it without a trainer telling you...kind of what others are saying. I've been going to the gym now for about 3 weeks and thought I had my stuff together but the trainer was completely picking me apart with such things as not keeping my right elbow in, stance too wide, not extending the right hand fully and bringing it back too slow, etc. Definitely get in shape, too! My first day I was doing the same drills and exercises as fighters who had a fight in the upcoming week and if I hadn't been in shape it would have been embarrassing.

It's been a great experience so far. I've gotten to share the ring with a former WBO and IBF middleweight champ, a high profile female fighter, and did some light sparring with a guy who fought Pernell Whitaker.

Quote:
My first day I was doing the same drills and exercises as fighters who had a fight in the upcoming week and if I hadn't been in shape it would have been embarrassing.
RIP Diego Corrales
40-5 (33 KO's)

Thanks for the pictures and dvd link, much appreciated.

Anybody do a Ponce on Boom Boom in sparring yet? :b
tongue.gif
Quote:
He's a pretty humble guy
RIP Diego Corrales
40-5 (33 KO's)

Quote:
Anybody do a Ponce on Boom Boom in sparring yet?
:lol:
laugh.gif
:nerd:
nerd.gif

EDIT

Williams vs. Cintron in 2008?
Quote:
According to earlier reports, International Boxing Federation welterweight champion Kermit Cintron and WBO welterweight champion Paul Williams have agreed to a championship unification bout. Itll be to unify their titles assuming that Cintron successfully defends his title on November 23 against Jesse Feliciano (15-5-3, 9 KO). The fight will be the main event on a February 2nd HBO card.

Williams (33-0, 24 KO) turned in an impressive decision victory over former long reigning champ Antonio Margarito on July 14. Williams controlled the fight throughout the first eight or nine rounds. Margarito came on towards the end, but that wasnt enough to overcome the substantial lead that Williams had built. In the end, Williamss superior hand speed and higher work rate turned out to dictate the fight.

Both fighters performed well in their previous performances. Cintron (28-1, 26 KO) defended his title with a stunning 2nd round knockout of Walter Matthysse on July 14. They have a common opponent in Margarito, who handed Cintron his first loss via 5th round TKO. The fight was a one-sided beating from the opening bell.

The World Awaits Revisited
Quote:
A few days after pound-for-pound king Floyd Mayweather Jr. took a split decision from Oscar De La Hoya on May 5, the staggering numbers rolled into HBO PPV and De La Hoya's Golden Boy Promotions like a tidal wave.

The junior middleweight title fight, with 2.15 million pay-per-view buys, $120 million in PPV revenue, a live gate just shy of $19 million at the MGM Grand in Las Vegas and total gross receipts of about $150 million, had shattered every boxing box office record.

&nbsp &nbsp &nbsp &nbsp
They'll need to break out the bubbly all over again now that HBO has revised the pay-per-view figures with a final tally that is even more mind-blowing than the original projections.

HBO said with the buys now fully accounted for, the fight actually generated 2.4 million buys and $134.4 million in domestic PPV revenue, bringing the total revenue for the event to approximately $165 million.

It is common for early pay-per-view tallies to rise once all the buys are counted, but the magnitude of the boost came as a surprise.

"When you're talking about a record, with numbers that are so big, you want to get it exactly right, and it takes a long time to count to 2.4 million," HBO PPV chief Mark Taffet told ESPN.com on Thursday.

The amended figures also vaulted De La Hoya into first place as the all-time pay-per-view sales king. His 18 PPV fights have sold 12.8 million units, sending him past Evander Holyfield's record of 12.6 million, which does not include the undisclosed total for his Oct. 13 PPV fight against Sultan Ibragimov. But that fight is not expected to reach even 100,000 buys.

The increase from $120 million to $134.4 million in PPV revenue means De La Hoya's events have generated $626.4 million, extending his revenue lead over second-place Mike Tyson ($545 million).

To put the revised De La Hoya-Mayweather numbers in perspective, De La Hoya's 1999 welterweight unification match against Felix Trinidad set the old record for a non-heavyweight fight with 1.4 million units sold. De La Hoya-Mayweather eclipsed that by 1 million, or the total of De La Hoya's 2004 HBO PPV fight with Bernard Hopkins.

The old all-time record for PPV buys was 1.99 million set by the 1997 heavyweight championship rematch between Holyfield and Tyson (the ear-bite fight). Now, De La Hoya-Mayweather is comfortably in first place all-time by 401,000 buys.

The De La Hoya-Mayweather increase to 2.4 million buys means that the total from the original tally rose by 250,000, or about 20,000 more than the total for the March fight between Juan Manuel Marquez and Marco Antonio Barrera.

Mayweather has a much-anticipated fight with Ricky Hatton at the MGM Grand on Dec. 8 on HBO PPV. If it reaches the 1 million mark, which is possible with HBO committed to another batch of episodes of the hit reality series "24/7" that highlighted the buildup to De La Hoya-Mayweather, Mayweather would become the first non-heavyweight fighter to have back-to-back pay-per-view events reach seven figures. Even De La Hoya has never done that.

But De La Hoya is expected back in the ring May 3, 2008, for a fight that could easily reach seven figures regardless of his opponent.

Dan Rafael covers boxing for ESPN.com.
EQUIPO BOXEO
White Sox * Bulls * Bears * The Great KATSIDIS​

Quote:
Exactly why i'm not heading to the gym yet. I would be passed out if i had to do any type of training similar to a real fighter, and i'm not trying to look that foolish that quickly. I'm doing the boxing stuff more for conditioning then perfecting my craft at the moment.

:frown:
frown.gif
SAN FRANCISCO 49ERS
XVI . XIX . XXIII . XXIV . XXIX
*Braylon Edwards should have been drafted instead of A.S.*​

Quote:
Glad to see this headline is still here...ya'll should know what I mean by that.
nerd.gif
nerd.gif

TEAMlateNIGHT
>WE NEVER SLEEP<
Lets go Bulls, UCLA,Dodgers and Cowboys!
TEAMCOWBOYS

Back
Top Bottom