2008 CDP Reflection Thread. What did it really mean? Has JB tarnished its significance?

Seconded. I wish everyone had a chance to see and/or hold an OG XI or even the '01 retro.
This I think is the main reason why JB can get away with such crap quality. Most of its current customer base wasn't even born when the OG line was around let alone owned a pair. So they think these newer retros are the business and top quality. They have no baseline to compare it to. They have no idea they're being played.

^agreed and repped.

having the og, 01 cdp and 12retro of the bred xi u can totally see the differences

...i struggle to find a difference other than the red plastic insert and cdp having the CDP insole...
Numbers come off on da cdp, but you wont know till

You start wearing em...
I've never worn my cdp's or 2012s..

But comparing the two I don't see much difference either..

Patent cut is actually higher on my cdp's.. But the sole on the 2012 is more vibrant..

The numbers peeling off the back was a common complaint..

I think I'm going to try to pawn off the cdps for a GR and light cash since I got a few 2012s..

...i struggle to find a difference other than the red plastic insert and cdp having the CDP insole...

You start wearing em...
I've never worn my cdp's or 2012s..
But comparing the two I don't see much difference either..
Patent cut is actually higher on my cdp's.. But the sole on the 2012 is more vibrant..
The numbers peeling off the back was a common complaint..

I think I'm going to try to pawn off the cdps for a GR and light cash since I got a few 2012s..
The looks aren't significantly different but the feel on feet is. Subtle differences add up tho.

im not sure the 16s had better quality but they seemed fine to me. had 0 complaints about the pairs i had.

XIs were... weak. 23s peeled. shape was more of a banana, ankle padding was less than what we get today, which isnt much already. some say the red sole was more pinkish also.
I can second all that on the XI's. Also, the patent leather cut was EMBARASSING!!  I wouldnt even wanna wear em the cut was so low. I've seen on many CDP 11's the patent leather dipped down so low it could almost touch the white midsole (on the part where it dips down on the front, outer foot area, near the toe box). Patent leather on replica 11's is cut better than some of those CDP Breds, fa sho.

This I think is the main reason why JB can get away with such crap quality. Most of its current customer base wasn't even born when the OG line was around let alone owned a pair. So they think these newer retros are the business and top quality. They have no baseline to compare it to. They have no idea they're being played.
It makes me so sad to look at comparison pics of OG 11's compared to the 11's of today. Its like patent leather is solid gold or something the way they lowered the cut over the years.

Purchased them all and sold everything but the 1s, 3s, 4s, 6s (still DS) and 12s.

Copped B-Grade 6s, 7s, 9s and 11s and they're all my beaters still.

And to date, the B-Grade 9s are my most comfortable pair I own.

You start wearing em...
not sure how you guys are putting on/taking them off cause mine STILL have ZERO signs of peeling. possibly some were made differently? who knows

not an urban myth.

good thing your pair has held up fine. its probably the same situation as some people get cracked midsoles on the 3s and 4s while others don't.

It's funny to me because the only pack I bought , was the 3/20 pack and I sold the 20's on eBay for $90 bringing my price of the 3's to 120 which I later sold for $200 because they were horrible quality and I hated the, so much. They were uncomfortable. That being said. I later copped b-grade 7's (back then I copped 2 pairs from an outlet) and had them shipped to me for $230 .

Later, so,done on NT sold me a pair of Carmine's for $150 . Best day of my life.

I also ended up selling all of my CDP shoes. As so,some stated about the sizing. I bought the 11/12 pack just for the 11's and they ran small. Sold the 11's for $275 and traded the taxi's & a pair of variety red Vi for 2001 true blues, OG space Jams, and 2004 fire red V's

^agreed and repped.

having the og, 01 cdp and 12retro of the bred xi u can totally see the differences

What's about wearing them man ! The padding and air is so amazing dude it feels like a house slipper with amazing support, OMG.

XIV's are a sleeper, my pair looks brand spanking new and they get worn on the regular, dirt gets wiped off easily, looking to double up on these i love em

It's funny to me because the only pack I bought , was the 3/20 pack and I sold the 20's on eBay for $90 bringing my price of the 3's to 120 which I later sold for $200 because they were horrible quality and I hated the, so much. They were uncomfortable. That being said. I later copped b-grade 7's (back then I copped 2 pairs from an outlet) and had them shipped to me for $230 .

Later, so,done on NT sold me a pair of Carmine's for $150 . Best day of my life.

I also ended up selling all of my CDP shoes. As so,some stated about the sizing. I bought the 11/12 pack just for the 11's and they ran small. Sold the 11's for $275 and traded the taxi's & a pair of variety red Vi for 2001 true blues, OG space Jams, and 2004 fire red V's
you mean 220

I bought a couple packs and my favorite to this day is the VII/XVI pack. Hopefully JB retro's both shoes again.

Last edited:
Still got a fresh pair of the cdp 13s only shoes i got from all the cdp's
smile.gif
Not a bad one to have. Definitely one of the better CDP J's...

I was 17 when I first started collecting in 07/08 the packs I got were cdp9/14 cdp 7/16 cdp 4/19 & cdp 11/12 these packs for me have been a mixed bag over the years,
I am grateful for the 11/12 pack cause it allowed me to not have to get the 11s & 12s last year & later this year respectively. I still have my 9s & 14s but looking back, I wish I would have gotten the 10s & 13s instead. I love my 7s. & the 4/19 pack..I'm not too happy. I'll always remember I picked up the pack in a footaction in march 2009. It was just there..with a damaged box, but the sneakers were perfect. My breds are the only sneaker I have that has paint chipping, I'll probably just fix it one day. My one regret is not getting the 6/17 pack. I had to pick between the Carmines or pay for the limo seat of my date for senior prom. The girl later on didn't have enough money for from , so I went dateless, & I didn't get the Carmines, that was tough.

I bought the 10/13 pack which I loved, those shadow X's were awesome, later on ending up buying CDP IV's and III's before the recent retros... III's are holding up well ive put alot of miles... I rock the IV's often but always leave a paint chips as I walk... I think those are the worst quality jordans I've ever had

Never copped any of the packs. I was already collecting at the time, but was just starting high school and my foot was still growing. And $310 for a pack was pretty steep. And I always wanted at least one shoe and not the other lol.

I loved that they dropped all of those OG color ways for us but if you were I college at the time like I was, you hated it. Biggest problem for me was the Quality if your mass producing all these shoes to drop in one year the quality had to be overlooked just to produce the numbers. Packages actually sat though.

1's. I couldnt get with the colorway

2's. I couldnt get with the colorway, but these had horrible paint and yellowing issues.

3's. I picked them up and was hype to have them till I wore them and they chipped horribly. Sold em swiftly. These and the 4 had the worst paint ever.

4's. never picked em up because i saw worn once pairs they looked like they were worn 15 times.

5's. Didnt personally own them but the paint sucked on em.

6's. I had the 6s twice loved the colorway but had to realize the quality was horrible. Had major fading issues, creased very easily even if the too was reinforced and paint sucked

7's. Still have these. I love em and got em for 80 back in 08. Nobody wanted these when they dropped now ppl go crazy for em

8's. Still have these. The paint is really bad but other than that these are great.

9's. picked them up recently they had a major problem with paint chipping so i stripped the paint off and now i Love them.

10's. had these a few times but cant manage to hang on to them. Cool retro suedes a little cheap though.

11's. were Horrible Quality hands down had them a few times and they were way to Hyped. Had major Heel Drag issues.

12's. I loved these had them a few times bbut were pretty uncomfortable.

13's. Still have these. The Best CDP produced.

14's. I couldnt get with the colorway

15's. I couldnt get with the colorway

16s. Love these, they run a little snug

17's. I couldnt get with the colorway

18s. I couldnt get with the colorway

19s. Want these badly but cant find them.

20s. I couldnt get with the colorway

21s. I couldnt get with the colorway

22s. I couldnt get with the colorway

Back
Top Bottom