2008 CDP Reflection Thread. What did it really mean? Has JB tarnished its significance?

I was college when they first dropped, which meant pre-approved credit cards. 21 months no interest at 21 years old, it was a no brainer.

I loved that they dropped all of those OG color ways for us but if you were I college at the time like I was, you hated it. Biggest problem for me was the Quality if your mass producing all these shoes to drop in one year the quality had to be overlooked just to produce the numbers. Packages actually sat though.

1's. I couldnt get with the colorway

2's. I couldnt get with the colorway, but these had horrible paint and yellowing issues.

3's. I picked them up and was hype to have them till I wore them and they chipped horribly. Sold em swiftly. These and the 4 had the worst paint ever.

4's. never picked em up because i saw worn once pairs they looked like they were worn 15 times.

5's. Didnt personally own them but the paint sucked on em.

6's. I had the 6s twice loved the colorway but had to realize the quality was horrible. Had major fading issues, creased very easily even if the too was reinforced and paint sucked

7's. Still have these. I love em and got em for 80 back in 08. Nobody wanted these when they dropped now ppl go crazy for em

8's. Still have these. The paint is really bad but other than that these are great.

9's. picked them up recently they had a major problem with paint chipping so i stripped the paint off and now i Love them.

10's. had these a few times but cant manage to hang on to them. Cool retro suedes a little cheap though.

11's. were Horrible Quality hands down had them a few times and they were way to Hyped. Had major Heel Drag issues.

12's. I loved these had them a few times bbut were pretty uncomfortable.

13's. Still have these. The Best CDP produced.

14's. I couldnt get with the colorway

15's. I couldnt get with the colorway

16s. Love these, they run a little snug

17's. I couldnt get with the colorway

18s. I couldnt get with the colorway

19s. Want these badly but cant find them.

20s. I couldnt get with the colorway

21s. I couldnt get with the colorway

22s. I couldnt get with the colorway

theres so many things in this post I want to argue about lol

I had every countdown pack that came out, and the packs that came out the year after. Somebody broke into my house and took them all. Pretty devastating to come home and see all those shoes gone....

It's kinda cool now to see that people have gotten over the travesty that was the CDP XI. I remember a time when you had to tread lightly talking about those things. People would defend them 'til the very end, and pitch a b*tch if you even insinuated that they were poor quality or inferior to any prior releases.

Guess they got better XI retros and finally quit denying the fact. Maybe it'll take the release of new and improved batch of concords for people to see that 2011 wasn't all that great.

Last edited:
The cdp's were JB's trump card. Purposely they skimped on the quality at $310 a pack, and knowingly tested the waters of demand with the 2 for 1, as most people just wanted anything less than XV.

Having said that, there were some gems in the cdp's. I loved my carmines and hares..still do actually, and despite the hate towards the XVII's, I absolutely loved my pair(s). The XVII is very snug on foot at first, but after you loosen the laces a bit, and wear them a few times, as most people on this board would openly say the quality sucked, the quality on my pairs were very good...

The XX's were and are trash. Most uncomfortable cdp shoe I own, and I never cared for the Air Jordan XX to begin with...

Best packs I bought were the VI/XVII, VII/XVI and the X/XIII. The other packs I bought: IX/XIV, XI/XII, V/XVIII, and III/XX were average at best, although the taxi XII's were actually good quality imo.

Taxi XII were solid, much better than last year's playoffs. They felt like cardboard. Promptly returned mine

I hope JB ruins the 6's (not like the lakers and pistons) and starts releasing every single OG Jordan 6 next year including a blue tinted sole Carmine as well as the Black infrared true to the originals with DURABUCK and perhaps 3m around the heel :smokin

And release them in the OG boxes 8)

Looking back on the whole CDP drops,, it was like they gave you 1 decent quality shoe, then a sub par shoe in the pack,, I think the prices should of varied, the 310 no matter the content was greedy.. Fast forward to the present , now AJ 1s are dropping at $140, and the quality of the black toes wasnt no better than the cdp 1s were,, seems they was testing the waters..

Inflation is everywhere , its all propaganda ,supply and demand,, honestly long story short the cdp's and todays Js are about the same, I wouldnt lable brand J tarnished , I think a better lable would be " overly HYPED" ..

Looking back on the whole CDP drops,, it was like they gave you 1 decent quality shoe, then a sub par shoe in the pack,, I think the prices should of varied, the 310 no matter the content was greedy.. Fast forward to the present , now AJ 1s are dropping at $140, and the quality of the black toes wasnt no better than the cdp 1s were,, seems they was testing the waters..

Inflation is everywhere , its all propaganda ,supply and demand,, honestly long story short the cdp's and todays Js are about the same, I wouldnt lable brand J tarnished , I think a better lable would be " overly HYPED" ..
some of the packs were decent @ 310 though considering what the higher models retailed for originally

It's kind of amazing, odd, (enter adjective here) that with all the sneakers releasing in 2008 there was not as much hype as there is today. For whatever reason, even since the concords came out in 2011, all these sneakerheads & hypebeast appeared more than ever.

It's kind of amazing, odd, (enter adjective here) that with all the sneakers releasing in 2008 there was not as much hype as there is today. For whatever reason, even since the concords came out in 2011, all these sneakerheads & hypebeast appeared more than ever.
More of the Grails have released in the past 2 years than any other time... i think that was the idea though. Renew the thirst.

I had every countdown pack that came out, and the packs that came out the year after. Somebody broke into my house and took them all. Pretty devastating to come home and see all those shoes gone....
Sorry to hear that bro. I recently insured my collection for this reason. I would b devastated if I came home and saw what u did... up to 20k replacement value about $200/yr. 100% worth the ~ $20 a month for peace of mind.

only kept the V,VI,VII my 3 fav models anyways.havnt worn any yet might be time to bust them out

as everything else has retrod latley 

Sorry to hear that bro. I recently insured my collection for this reason. I would b devastated if I came home and saw what u did... up to 20k replacement value about $200/yr. 100% worth the ~ $20 a month for peace of mind.
yeah man, after it happened i was out of the shoe game for awhile, i didnt go on any sites, or buy any shoes. yeah i should have done that, really worth it. now i have to pick things back up and start damn near at the bottom again. 

damn looking at those pics I can't stop thinking of how solid those packs were. I LOVE every shoe in those 3 packs
the 17&18's
mean.gif
 but everything else
nthat.gif

Thus, if you were in any urban market (particularly on Atlantic) packs were had for $149.99 or less for those with patience and know how to shop.
This is very true. When I went to Maryland in 2009, they had literally every single Jordan packed released since 2008 SITTING. Some were on sale when I went there, but I left before they most likely dropped even more in price. I was definitely surprised, because in Anchorage, AK they all sold pretty well (except for the 2/21 and 1/22.)
Only exceptions was the 11/12 pack. I even got the 7/16 pack for $149.99.
Lucky! I never purchased a CDP, but I have the Hare VII's. I think they made the Hares well.

It's crazy how much easier it was to not only purchase Jordans around this time, but the fact that you could get them on sale and use 30% off coupons!

Times have definitely changed. I can't deny that.

Last edited:
IMO 10/13 pack was the best for me (quality wise) & was worthy to keep. Also felt 5,6,7,12, 15 & 16s were comfortable. Worst shoes 4rm cdp 4s,11s, 17 & 18s because of how uncomfortable they were on my feet :smh: . I wish I got the 2s tho

anyone know if any of the packs had differnt size boxes - particularly the 8/15 box? trying to cop but its bigger than my other boxes?

Back
Top Bottom