2008 NT Boxing Post Vol. Oscar De La Hoya vs. Manny Pacquiao 12/6/08 HBO PPV

I got to see all 3 fights first one: Michael Haye he knocked out other dude with some serious punches I think the ref should've stepped in once the otherguy was down, but instead he let Haye continue his assault and we saw a 2nd round KO. You guys think he'll do good or bad in the heavyweight division?

The Diaz vs Campbell fight was good but the cut is what got to Diaz he was frustrated and let it get to him. Also Campbell was determined to win and he put upa great performance I give him props for doing what he did.

Samuel Peter vs Maskaev was slow at first but it picked up and Peter landed a hard right hook and Maskaev lost. It was much better than the Klitschko fight.

Vol. Juan Manuel Marquez vs. Some Filipino Guy

That "some Filipino guy" is gonna knock your boy Marquez into dream land.
pimp.gif
laugh.gif

(just hyping up the fight)
laugh.gif

Haven't been able to watch the fight yet, just caught Peter/Maskaev.

Juan...
frown.gif
Amo, did Juan look bad and get dominated or was Campbelljust that good tonight? Rematch?

IMO, Juan is still one of the best at 135 (If not 2nd behind Campbell) and i'm firm on him STILL beating Pacman. Campbell isn't a nobody, he'salways gone under the radar.
Amo, I hear you about not givin up on Juan, but he has no power, and his style is just so silly. To have no punchign power and have no defense or a jab is crazy. I honestly dont see how he got this far.
I'll comment more after I see the fight, but I wouldn't say he doesn't have a jab, as said before me...he doesn't use it enough.Juan is not a "go for broke" kind of guy, he likes to break opponents down as the rounds go on. He made both "Popo" Frietas and Julio Diazquit on their stools.

Anyway, I hope Katsidis beats Cassamayor and we get Katsidis-Campbell. If Nate fight the same style he did tonight, we'll be in for a HELL of a show.

Honestly, with the gift decisions that Casamayor gets...Katsidis needs to clearly dominate or knock him out to win.

As for Samuel Peter...he went out and got the job done. IMO, he got sloppy at times but he kept himself together. He leaves himself a little too open, buthe's defense has vastly improved because he got hit with some clean shots. And that jab (When he wants to use it) has a little pop to it. I truly HATE howcorrupt the WBC is...there is no way in hell Sam should have to defend his Title against Vitali. As of right now, the real fight in that division is Sam Vs.Wlad. God knows how long it'll be until that actually takes place...

About to go watch Haye/Maccarinelli. But what's good with him fighting Cunningham before moving up? Although, i'm iffy about him bringing his power upto Heavyweight, he'd bring a spark to the division.

But what's good with him fighting Cunningham before moving up? Although, i'm iffy about him bringing his power up to Heavyweight, he'd bring a spark to the division.
I think Haye can do good as Heavyweight but I cant see him taking punches like Evander Holyfield couldwhen he moved from Cruiser to Heavyweight. IMO, He looks the part already.

laugh.gif
Amo, your "Thread Title" plan is backfiring already

Originally Posted by GUNNA GET IT

But what's good with him fighting Cunningham before moving up? Although, i'm iffy about him bringing his power up to Heavyweight, he'd bring a spark to the division.
I think Haye can do good as Heavyweight but I cant see him taking punches like Evander Holyfield could when he moved from Cruiser to Heavyweight. IMO, He looks the part already.

laugh.gif
Amo, your "Thread Title" plan is backfiring already

I agree. Haye has good power and hand speed to be an offensive force at heavy, but if he can't take shots from cruisers all that well, the bigheavyweights are gonna knock him into next week.

And what you mean my "thread title" plan is backfiring already?
laugh.gif
I knew there was no way i could keep them out, so i figured i might as well give em a quick jab in the process. Also, i love how they all thinki'm mexican for some reason, talking about "my" boy Marquez and "my" legendary boxers. Sorry to say, Manny Pacquiao has never beatenAntonio Cervantes and never will, so he has not beaten my heritage's only legendary boxer. I don't have a dog in this race, i just figured it would befun to poke the Manny fans a little bit.

didnt you know? manny fans are 9 times out of 10 kobe/laker fans.. they go hand and hand
laugh.gif

I agree. Haye has good power and hand speed to be an offensive force at heavy, but if he can't take shots from cruisers all that well, the big heavyweights are gonna knock him into next week.
Word. Im kinda heated Haye wont even discuss a fight with Cunningham
smh.gif
sick.gif

In his defense, he was supposed to move up to heavyweight before this past fight. Its too hard for him to get back to 200 after he takes time off. The onlyreason he was able to make the weigh this time was because he continuously trained right after his last fight and just stayed at around 200. He takes any timeoff and he'll never see 200 again.

Originally Posted by Stringer Bell 32

Originally Posted by dako akong otin

Originally Posted by 0aktown

didnt you know? manny fans are 9 times out of 10 kobe/laker fans.. they go hand and hand
laugh.gif

guilty
pimp.gif
laugh.gif
embarassed.gif
Well I am Filipino who grew up in SoCal
laugh.gif

So who wins in a fight?

Manny or Kobe?

i don't want them to fight
frown.gif
Maybe they can team up in a tagteam match! But if they were to fight.. hmm, manny got the skills, BUT Kobe got the assasin's instict
pimp.gif

Originally Posted by hole in the earth

Originally Posted by rhugghed114

Vol. Juan Manuel Marquez vs. Some Filipino Guy
im pretty sure you know the name of this filipino guy since he destroyed some of your legendary boxers...
roll.gif
wink.gif

Funny thread title. I'm pretty certain this Some Filipino Guy will demolish JMM. I wish JMM decides not to runlike a gazelle just like what MAB did on his last fight with this Some Filipino Guy
roll.gif

A Pacquiao fight brings all these newcomers to the boxing thread
laugh.gif

Where were you guys when Gorres, Amonsot, or Donaire fought?
ohwell.gif

Originally Posted by dako akong otin

A Pacquiao fight brings all these newcomers to the boxing thread
laugh.gif

Where were you guys when Gorres, Amonsot, or Donaire fought?
ohwell.gif

Better that you said it than me.
And i seriously doubt Manny destroys JMM. JMM took Manny to school in the last fight AFTER the 1st round, and hehasn't slipped THAT much. Also, i've been relatively unimpressed with Manny since the 2nd Morales fight. He looked terrible against Larrios, a guyjumping up 2 weight classes. Morales was totally shot by the 3rd fight. Any top 10 130 lber would have beaten him that night. Solis was just a glossy recordbuilt up against nobodies, and while Barrera did run a lot in the rematch, Manny could've pressed the action a LOT more. I think it'll be a good,close fight.

My official prediction is Manny by Close Decision, similar to the 2nd Morales fight. Marquez will build an early lead due to his ring smarts and ability tocounterpunch and his familiarity with Manny's style. However, Marquez' defense has gotten a tad leaky recently. He's getting hit by punches thatNEVER would have hit him before. I think Manny hits Marquez with enough shots to slow him down, and Manny takes over towards the end of the fight. There ismy unbiased prediction, go ahead and hate.

Imma have to take a short hiatus from this thread til March 17 to lead up to the next BAD

I m still amped over Nate's disposing of diaz, that will get me thru the week
pimp.gif

Back
Top Bottom