[::2009 Champion LAKERS OFF-SEASON THREAD Vol. Boring Non-News Days Causing In-Thread Tension::]

See you guys at the Parade
pimp.gif

Keep Ariza and Odom. Dr. Buss once said to hell with the cap taxes, I say do it again.

I feel like this team can go the distance repeatedly for the foreseeable future. As long as we remain as dedicated as we were this season, there's noreason we can't overcome all obstacles.

1. Ask Kobe to drop from $23 mil to $15 mil (HAHAHAHAHHAHAHAAH I know)

2. Keep Odom (More important to the team, more all around game, Gives Bynum/Gasol time to rest) 4 yrs/32 or so mil.. 3 mil contract drop

3. Keep Ariza (MLE should be a little over $6mil hopefully he will take that)

4. Shannon Brown and Powell (1-1.5 mil each)

5. Draft a center or Can pick up Antonio McDyess for cheap he had 9.6 & 9.8 and looks like he could have a year or 2 left playing the bench role. Probablywon't take it because he played 30mpg last year.

this team has gone to the finals twice and just won the NBA championship

I think it's safe to say the core will be in tact, with a few minor pieces added here and there

kobe
Pau
Lamar
Ariza
Fish(hopefully a back up)
Bynum

will be there next season, guaranteed

PHIL however, is the mystery
I wouldn't be mad if he decided this was his last coaching season, why not go out on top with that 10th? If he's healthy enough though I believehe'd come back to try another run and get 11, but who knows

Damn its crazy over here I live right in Los Angeles and I could hear the hollering and the choppers
laugh.gif
I hope it goes through the main street by my house
pimp.gif

Originally Posted by ERASCISM

I read there won't be a parade. The city has no loot to spend on that.

I think the organization should pay for it.
Checking to see if thread title says Knicks off-season thread.

Nope, says Lakers.

Go figure.
laugh.gif

Originally Posted by 23MCpizzle23

NT parade check in SoCal fourm we need to meet up early whos down
nerd.gif

HAHA IM DOWN!! I SAY WE MEET UP SOMEWHERE SPECIFICALLY...

Congrats you guys for winning the chip, and for Kobe for getting the monkey off his back...

But MJ>*

wink.gif

Originally Posted by GSDOUBLEU

Congrats you guys for winning the chip, and for Kobe for getting the monkey off his back...

But MJ>*

wink.gif
Come on fam, only an idiot would argue about Kobe being better than MJ. That's not even an argument.

Wilbon said it best during the post game.

Originally Posted by KB8sandiego

^
Trade bait since he's got 2 years left on his contract?

reason why I said that is b/c I don't think Kobe will let them..

But I think you could free Sasha up trade him and 1st round & 2nd round for 5-10 picks up... Resign Brown & Powell along with Odom, Ariza and try toget a big man in the draft.

^
One can only pray LTB. One can only pray.

I don't see us winning with Norv at all. But that's a different discussion, back to our Lakers now.
laugh.gif
wink.gif

Essential1 wrote:
Originally Posted by KB8sandiego

^
Trade bait since he's got 2 years left on his contract?

reason why I said that is b/c I don't think Kobe will let them..

But I think you could free Sasha up trade him and 1st round & 2nd round for 5-10 picks up... Resign Brown & Powell along with Odom, Ariza and try to get a big man in the draft.
I like that idea of a 1st round/2nd round pick. Aside from my blatant hate for Sasha, I think he and Farmar could go together as a solid packageto trade for a solid 2 guard to come off the bench for Kobe. Who? I'm not quite sure yet.

Originally Posted by rockforlight

My homie was just on fox11 news running around on the 110 freeway.
pimp.gif
pimp.gif
indifferent.gif

Now, if he would have been on the news for being hit by a car for running on the freeway....
smokin.gif

Back
Top Bottom