[::2009 Champion LAKERS OFF-SEASON THREAD Vol. Boring Non-News Days Causing In-Thread Tension::]

UPDATE: Eric Pincus of Hoopsworld chimed in, via Twitter, on the situation. It doesn't sound like Spurs or Suns can even afford Odom:
  • unimpressed by LAT article suggesting the Suns/Spurs would try to make salary cap room for Odom at $10 mil per
  • suns would have to clear say $27 mil in salary - good luck there
  • spurs need to clear some $22 million at least - those are conservative numbers - to open up room for Odom at $9 mil starting
pimp.gif

i like how mitch is handlin it so far. Now while we would all love for a speedy ending to this I dont want to just rush out and throw contracts at trev and LO.

Wassup wit ya'll fam...no need to be alarmed cuz of my posts yeah I'm new and all that but i'm a big Lakers fan and whatnot...

bout to be in here a lot I hope y'know...so to not throw things out of the loop

I hope wit Kobe's big signing...we can still keep ariza and odom...idk tho...

Originally Posted by DontStepOnMyShoes

i like how mitch is handlin it so far. Now while we would all love for a speedy ending to this I dont want to just rush out and throw contracts at trev and LO.
LOL Mitch has no choice but to wait and see what the market value of Trev and LO are. He has no money to simply throw even if he wanted to.

The only way LA retains them is if Trev's and LO's market value isn't has high as they expected.

Originally Posted by Long Beach Vincey

Originally Posted by DontStepOnMyShoes

LOL Mitch has no choice but to wait and see what the market value of Trev and LO are. He has no money to simply throw even if he wanted to.

The only way LA retains them is if Trev's and LO's market value isn't has high as they expected.

If the market is any indication then Pistons just messed it up. C. Vill does not deserve that money. Ben Gordon $11??? wow LO must be like hey I should getmore! Hope they stay for less.

MITCH IF YOU !+%! THIS UP

Sources: Ariza may leave Lakers
Comment Email Print Share
By Chris Broussard
ESPN.com
Archive
Trevor Ariza's short but sweet stay in Los Angeles might be coming to an end.

Ariza
The 24-year-old swingman, who played a key role in the Lakers' run to their 15th NBA championship, is on the verge of leaving the club, sources close tothe situation said on Wednesday.

With at least five teams pursuing Ariza, the Lakers are currently unwilling to pay him more than the $5.6 million mid-level exception.

"They're letting him go," one of the sources said.

Cleveland is making a hard push for Ariza, and the Cavaliers' coaching staff was speaking with him on Wednesday. While Cleveland can only offer themid-level as well, Ariza's disappointment with the Lakers' stance has moved other suitors ahead of his current team.

The Rockets, Clippers, Raptors and Blazers are also showing interest in Ariza. Portland and Toronto could each offer more than the mid-level exception.

If the Lakers refuse to increase their offer, it's a clear indication that they are choosing their other big free agent forward, Lamar Odom, over theyounger Ariza.

Ariza averaged 8.9 points and 4.3 rebounds in the regular season for the Lakers last season. He increased his scoring to 11.3 points and had 4.2 rebounds pergame in the playoffs. He had 16 points and 15 points in the last two Lakers victories in the Finals.

Those numbers were a jump over his career averages of 6.9 points and 3.8 rebounds per game. Ariza has played for three teams in his five-year career.

If the rumors are true that Trevor wants to leave LA, I say we go for the following Suns:
Phoenix+Suns+v+Portland+Trail+Blazers+pPU-CeTDdl.jpg

340x.jpg

Phoenix+Suns+v+Los+Angeles+Lakers+Preseason+9DxYnnm6CZjl.jpg

Kill yourself Zo
pimp.gif
laugh.gif

Originally Posted by JordansonDeck

MITCH IF YOU !+%! THIS UP

Sources: Ariza may leave Lakers
Comment Email Print Share
By Chris Broussard
ESPN.com
Archive
Trevor Ariza's short but sweet stay in Los Angeles might be coming to an end.

Ariza
The 24-year-old swingman, who played a key role in the Lakers' run to their 15th NBA championship, is on the verge of leaving the club, sources close to the situation said on Wednesday.

With at least five teams pursuing Ariza, the Lakers are currently unwilling to pay him more than the $5.6 million mid-level exception.

"They're letting him go," one of the sources said.

Cleveland is making a hard push for Ariza, and the Cavaliers' coaching staff was speaking with him on Wednesday. While Cleveland can only offer the mid-level as well, Ariza's disappointment with the Lakers' stance has moved other suitors ahead of his current team.

The Rockets, Clippers, Raptors and Blazers are also showing interest in Ariza. Portland and Toronto could each offer more than the mid-level exception.

If the Lakers refuse to increase their offer, it's a clear indication that they are choosing their other big free agent forward, Lamar Odom, over the younger Ariza.

Ariza averaged 8.9 points and 4.3 rebounds in the regular season for the Lakers last season. He increased his scoring to 11.3 points and had 4.2 rebounds per game in the playoffs. He had 16 points and 15 points in the last two Lakers victories in the Finals.

Those numbers were a jump over his career averages of 6.9 points and 3.8 rebounds per game. Ariza has played for three teams in his five-year career.
indifferent.gif
indifferent.gif
indifferent.gif
indifferent.gif
sick.gif
indifferent.gif
sick.gif
sick.gif
sick.gif
sick.gif

indifferent.gif
indifferent.gif
indifferent.gif
indifferent.gif
indifferent.gif
indifferent.gif
smh.gif
smh.gif
smh.gif
smh.gif

honestly i'd rather go for Grant Hill.

I'd stay away from RonRon just because he's a nutcase.

Originally Posted by bright nikes

honestly i'd rather go for Grant Hill.

I'd stay away from RonRon just because he's a nutcase.

grant hill is one foot from odom near the basket from being sidelined the whole year.

Although true, he's a better stop gap right now as far as a 1yr deal than anyone available.

Originally Posted by I NaSmatic I

Ron's shot selection would be terrible to deal with.

He plays to the crowd too much, crazy contested shots, settles for 3s. He'll probably end up with the Nuggs.

Originally Posted by LALAKERFAN213

I have been at work all day...Ariza wants to leave?
frown.gif
more like his agent trying to get the lakers to throw a lot of money at him..isnt he bynum's agent? i hope mitch is not dumb enough to getfooled twice..he made a mistake the first time throwing that much at bynum

that will be a sight to see if Birdman and artest are ever on the floor together.

I still think ariza will get signed eventually *crosses fingers*. even last year there was a source(a reputable source on another message board) that said lastsummer he was leaving too.

I don't think Ariza wants to leave but the agent wants to get as much as he can.

Also I don't think how they can take the mid level as an insult when we were the first team that actually believed in him.

Back
Top Bottom