2009 Concacaf Gold Cup Final: Mexico Champions. Vol. Aug 12 just got serious.

[h2]Quarter Final[/h2]

[h2]Semi Final[/h2]
[table][tr][th=""]Date[/th] [th=""]Home team[/th] [th=""]Result/[/th] [th=""]Away team[/th] [th=""] [/th] [th=""] [/th] [/tr][tr][td]23 July[/td] [td]USA[/td] [td]19 : 00[/td] [td]Honduras[/td] [td]View events[/td] [td]More info[/td] [/tr][tr][td]
[/td] [td]Costa Rica
[/td] [td]22 : 00[/td] [td]Mexico[/td] [td]View events[/td] [td]More info[/td] [/tr][/table]
[h2]Final[/h2][table][tr][th=""]Date[/th] [th=""]Home team[/th] [th=""]Result/[/th] [th=""]Away team[/th] [th=""] [/th] [th=""] [/th] [/tr][tr][td]26 July[/td] [td]Winner Semi Final 1[/td] [td]15 : 00[/td] [td]Winner Semi Final 2[/td] [td]View events[/td] [td]More info[/td] [/tr][/table]

Well Salvi is F'd they got some better teams than them....but i still think the US team should make it to the finals even tho they wont have the sameroster as in the Confederations cup...i think its safe to say another USA vs Mexico final in the end!

laugh.gif
How come Mexico got the easiest group? This tournament is very significant for them. There's a lot of auditioning to be done for midfield positions.

Originally Posted by ERASCISM

laugh.gif
How come Mexico got the easiest group? This tournament is very significant for them. There's a lot of auditioning to be done for midfield positions.
Historically they've always gotten the easiest group although any group should be easy in this tournament for USA/Mexico.

I think ES will advance as one of the third best teams at least. Remember that two 3rd place teams advance in this tournament.

Some of these matchups just make me go
sick.gif

Anyone see Two Saints put in work last week? I haven't seen that kind of finishing since El Matador!

meh not all that impressed, the first one although deafly taken he was given all the space n the world... i coulda scored... not as beautifully maybe but yea

6.5/10

Originally Posted by StephonUrkel

meh not all that impressed, the first one although deafly taken he was given all the space n the world... i coulda scored... not as beautifully maybe but yea

6.5/10
No you couldn't have.

Originally Posted by NikeTalker23

Dos Santos has the by far the best touch on Mexico. He has an EPL type touch.
Vela has a class touch too, i envision them doing work on Group C

ive always liked watching Mexico play, at least when they're not playing the US
laugh.gif

U.S. ROSTER BY POSITION

GOALKEEPERS (3):
Jon Busch (Chicago Fire),
Troy Perkins (IK Start),
Luis Robles (FC Kaiserslautern)

DEFENDERS (7):
Steve Cherundolo (Hannover 96),
Jimmy Conrad (Kansas City Wizards),
Clarence Goodson (IK Start),
Jay Heaps (New England Revolution),
Chad Marshall (Columbus Crew),
Michael Parkhurst (FC Nordsjaellands),
Heath Pearce (Hansa Rostock)

MIDFIELDERS (
glasses.gif
:

Davy Arnaud (Kansas City Wizards),
Kyle Beckerman (Real Salt Lake),
Colin Clark (Colorado Rapids),
Sam Cronin (Toronto FC),
Brad Evans (Seattle Sounders),
Stuart Holden (Houston Dynamo),
Logan Pause (Chicago Fire),
Robbie Rogers (Columbus Crew)

FORWARDS (5):
Freddy Adu (AS Monaco),
Brian Ching (Houston Dynamo),
Kenny Cooper (FC Dallas),
Charlie Davies (Hammarby IF),
Santino Quaranta (D.C. United)

Mexico gonna win the whole thing.... dos santos gonna def. Step it up I hope there are more mex players that aint boring cus lately it just not the samewatching mex play.... we need blaco,castillo etc.

I wish Arturo Alvarez could have played with ES in this Cup...Ah well, I still think we'll get at least 2nd place in the group...looking forward to seeingwhat Herbert Barerra offers up front (If he plays)...I don't think Cheyo will play in the tourney though :/...Can't wait for Friday!

If I didn't plan to watch the Dodgers in SD back in March i'd have been in the HDC to catch ES play :definitely

Mexico definitely needs to step it up, aside from last weeks game they've been such a snore to watch, always resorting to play catchup, IMO they'rebetter than that.

ES , MEX, USA in the Semis will be a good look
smokin.gif

Dos Santos has been on fire lately. I don't understand why he left Barcelona he was doing great towards the later part of his last season here. He will beHUGE in the gold cup.

Costa Rica will be there for sure in the top 4 teams. They will surely pass their group and aside from their group A is a toss up. Though I think the salviswill go through.

Group B will be the U.S. and Honduras.

Lastly, group C which is the weakest will be Mexico and .............. Nicaragua

Mexico definitely needs to show some consistent play. And Nery needs to stop being a lil beyatch and play. Though he annoys the heck out of me considering hehas so much skill and lack of vision but that could just be his selfish ways.

Originally Posted by marionthebarberian

if mexico has the same roster as they did yesterday, they should just stay home.

Mexico played with their C squad yesterday and was a game to just test out players. Javier said he would give everybody a shot, and is the first time I'veeven seen Corona play in goal for Mexico..

Right now, I have my money on Costa Rica. The U.S would win the whole tourney if they had their full squad but I still think they have a chance to winning it.From what I've seen from Mexico, they better bring their stars if they want to win some games. Mexico just tied to Guatemala's backup team and that isdefinitely not going to cut if they want to beat a Costa Rica/Honduras/USA.

I really expect Mexico to win this tournament.

Bradley took a C team and is just using this tournament to test players out.

Mexico didn't take their best players but they have enough quality players to be favorites to win it all IMO. This team is more talented than any othersquad in this tournament. They also have the pressure from their media to win this thing due to their recent bad performances.

I expect a US-Mexico final but Mexico will win it and they'll celebrate like they just won the world cup and count that win as "ending the curse"of their troubles vs the USA on American soil.

The real game is on August 12.

Originally Posted by LilJRDN

Right now, I have my money on Costa Rica. The U.S would win the whole tourney if they had their full squad but I still think they have a chance to winning it. From what I've seen from Mexico, they better bring their stars if they want to win some games. Mexico just tied to Guatemala's backup team and that is definitely not going to cut if they want to beat a Costa Rica/Honduras/USA.

Guatemala brought their back up team and Mexico brought the team that backs up their back up team.

Originally Posted by NikeTalker23

Originally Posted by LilJRDN

Right now, I have my money on Costa Rica. The U.S would win the whole tourney if they had their full squad but I still think they have a chance to winning it. From what I've seen from Mexico, they better bring their stars if they want to win some games. Mexico just tied to Guatemala's backup team and that is definitely not going to cut if they want to beat a Costa Rica/Honduras/USA.

Guatemala brought their back up team and Mexico brought the team that backs up their back up team.
That wasn't Guatemala's back up team either.

Back
Top Bottom