2009 Concacaf Gold Cup Final: Mexico Champions. Vol. Aug 12 just got serious.

Originally Posted by NikeTalker23

Originally Posted by LilJRDN

Right now, I have my money on Costa Rica. The U.S would win the whole tourney if they had their full squad but I still think they have a chance to winning it.
From what I've seen from Mexico, they better bring their stars if they want to win some games. Mexico just tied to Guatemala's backup team and that is
definitely not going to cut if they want to beat a Costa Rica/Honduras/USA.

Guatemala brought their back up team and Mexico brought the team that backs up their back up team.

but guatemala is not even even ranked in the top 80. omar bravo is a c list player for mexico?

laugh.gif
Everytime I think of Jay Heaps, I think of Puke University basketball.

JR5

Originally Posted by marionthebarberian

Right now, I have my money on Costa Rica. The U.S would win the whole tourney if they had their full squad but I still think they have a chance to winning it.
From what I've seen from Mexico, they better bring their stars if they want to win some games. Mexico just tied to Guatemala's backup team and that is

Guatemala brought their back up team and Mexico brought the team that backs up their back up team.

but guatemala is not even even ranked in the top 80. omar bravo is a c list player for mexico?
nope, but bravo hasn't played consistently and he was injured, we suck.period, and we are not winning anything anytime soon, i was at themexico game on sunday and im dissapointed in the whole team.

i absolutely HATE our mentallity, 1 game against a crappy team, and suddenly we think were gods gift to concacaf, honestly, gio has had 1 good game with ourteam, and it was last wednesdays game, the only good performance we have had from a player is cuau's, period, im dreading august 12
ohwell.gif

Here is the list of players participating for Mexico in the Gold Cup

[table][tr][td]
EL TRI PARA LA COPA DE ORO
[/td] [/tr][tr][td]
Jugador
[/td] [td]
Posición
[/td] [td]
Equipo
[/td] [/tr][tr][td]
José de Jesús Corona Rodríguez
[/td] [td]
Portero
[/td] [td]
Estudiantes
[/td] [/tr][tr][td]
Francisco Guillermo Ochoa Magaña
[/td] [td]
Portero
[/td] [td]
América
[/td] [/tr][tr][td]
Oscar Pérez Rojas
[/td] [td]
Portero
[/td] [td]
Cruz Azul
[/td] [/tr][tr][td]
Efraín Juárez Valdez
[/td] [td]
Defensa
[/td] [td]
Pumas
[/td] [/tr][tr][td]
José Antonio Castro González
[/td] [td]
Defensa
[/td] [td]
Tigres
[/td] [/tr][tr][td]
Edgar Esteban Dueñas Peñaflor
[/td] [td]
Defensa
[/td] [td]
Toluca
[/td] [/tr][tr][td]
Juan Carlos Valenzuela Hernández
[/td] [td]
Defensa
[/td] [td]
América
[/td] [/tr][tr][td]
Ismael de Jesús Rodríguez
[/td] [td]
Defensa
[/td] [td]
América
[/td] [/tr][tr][td]
José Jonny Magallón Oliva
[/td] [td]
Defensa
[/td] [td]
Chivas
[/td] [/tr][tr][td]
Fausto Manuel Pinto Rosas
[/td] [td]
Defensa
[/td] [td]
Cruz Azul
[/td] [/tr][tr][td]
José Israel Martínez Salas
[/td] [td]
Medio
[/td] [td]
América
[/td] [/tr][tr][td]
Gerardo Torrado Diez de Bonilla
[/td] [td]
Medio
[/td] [td]
Cruz Azul
[/td] [/tr][tr][td]
Israel Castro Macías
[/td] [td]
Medio
[/td] [td]
Pumas
[/td] [/tr][tr][td]
Luis Miguel Noriega Orozco
[/td] [td]
Medio
[/td] [td]
Puebla
[/td] [/tr][tr][td]
Giovani Dos Santos Ramírez
[/td] [td]
Medio
[/td] [td]
Tottenham
[/td] [/tr][tr][td]
Alberto Medina Briseño
[/td] [td]
Medio
[/td] [td]
Chivas
[/td] [/tr][tr][td]
Pablo Barrera Acosta
[/td] [td]
Medio
[/td] [td]
Pumas
[/td] [/tr][tr][td]
Carlos Esquivel Silva
[/td] [td]
Delantero
[/td] [td]
Toluca
[/td] [/tr][tr][td]
José María Cárdenas López
[/td] [td]
Delantero
[/td] [td]
Pachuca
[/td] [/tr][tr][td]
Carlos Alberto Vela Garrido
[/td] [td]
Delantero
[/td] [td]
Arsenal
[/td] [/tr][tr][td]
Omar Arellano Riverón
[/td] [td]
Delantero
[/td] [td]
Chivas
[/td] [/tr][tr][td]
Omar Bravo
[/td] [td]
Delantero
[/td] [td]
Deportivo La Coruña
[/td] [/tr][tr][td]
Miguel Sabah
[/td] [td]
Delantero
[/td] [td]
Morelia
[/td] [/tr][/table]

As we can see from the list I posted above it is a mix of first, second and third tier players. The formation I would like to see be tried out (since that iswhat Aguierre is doing).

G. Ochoa
O. Rojas - J. Magallon - I. Rodriguez - F. Pinto
G. Dos Santos - I. Castro - G. Torrado - A. Medina
M. Sabah - C. Vela

i have to be honest, theres a couple players on the roster that i've never seen play
laugh.gif
which is rare because im usually up on everything related to the national team

Colin Clark (Colorado Rapids), Sam Cronin (Toronto FC), Brad Evans (Seattle Sounders FC), Logan Pause (Chicago Fire)

are these guys decent? i have no clue

Robles will be the #1 for this right? im interested to see how he plays...if theres one thing you can say about the USNT, its they consistently have worldclass keepers

i hope Kenny Cooper plays well, ive always liked him...and i want to believe Connor Casey has something to offer but this has got to be the last chance he getsif he doesn't

Originally Posted by Aztec

As we can see from the list I posted above it is a mix of first, second and third tier players. The formation I would like to see be tried out (since that is what Aguierre is doing).

G. Ochoa
O. Rojas - J. Magallon - I. Rodriguez - F. Pinto
G. Dos Santos - I. Castro - G. Torrado - A. Medina
M. Sabah - C. Vela

That's a pretty damn good line up if you ask me. I can recognize each and everyone of those players.

As for USA
smh.gif

Looks like the US will be able to add 7 more players for this Gold Cup. Use em wisely Bradley!

"6/30/2009 - NEW YORK - Any team playing in both the Confederations Cup and Gold Cup in the same year will be allowed to increase its roster from 23 to 30 players, CONCACAF announced
Tuesday. The decision will enable the United States to add seven players to its already announced squad for the tournament that starts Friday."

http://www.concacaf.com/view_article.aspx?id=4794

Also Landon Donovan arrived at LAX today with about 20-30 ppl waiting for him and that bum Sasha. Landon was shocked/happy at the reception.

l_491263e69b5c4e028b1cb4680c5a9e62.jpg

l_596e1ece6e264b8f94b04827607e1206.jpg

stupid question: what happened to eddie johnson? i know he's been over in europe...but what happened to him playing for the US team?

I mean I read it earlier, but it didn't seem out of what he's been saying before. First team to offer him real first team touches will be where helands.

Thank you. Even if Mexico used a "C" team, they should have at least won against Guatemala's "B" team. Anyway, I just hope that Mexicanfans will not try to play down what is going on with their National team by saying "Oh, they're just using a back up team, once they have their starsthen it will be a different story!" We have seen Mexico and its stars and I am far from being impressed. Even if they win the Gold Cup, I just hope thatthey don't let that win get to their heads. I doubt the U.S will take them lightly on August, the U.S will want to make sure to defeat Mexico and maketheir chances of going to the World Cup almost impossible.

laugh.gif
never negate what's happening.

These guys are lost, uninspired. I hope with time Aguirre fixes em up, but i'm not holding my breathe. They're always playing from the wrong side ofthe ball.

The US is on fire, they're on a tear. Whether they overachieved in the CONF CUP or not is another discussion, the fact is the record shows they'redoing things and doing it well.
smokin.gif

At this point, if MEX qualify for the WC i'd be surprised. I just love watching a great game. I'd love to see both MEX and USA get another go-ahead inAfrica though. Let's see what happens.

whats up with the honduras team, i barely caught some of it on espn deportes, saying how they might now play due to politics, can any one shed some light onthat?

whats up with the honduras team, i barely caught some of it on espn deportes, saying how they might now play due to politics, can any one shed some light on that?

They on verge of a civil war out there. I think they were referring to the actual WCQ not the Gold Cup. The national team is already here. I could be wrongthough.

Yea the president in Honduras was trying to do what Chavez did.. Change the constitution or something like.... But they took him out of power.. Thats all Iknow.

or something like that..
laugh.gif

Samuel Wilson is pretty good...I think Nicaragua will win a game... Is anyone else going to the USA/Honduras game? I got my tickets today...

Back
Top Bottom