2009 Concacaf Gold Cup Final: Mexico Champions. Vol. Aug 12 just got serious.

Originally Posted by SUCKAFREE85

Yea the president in Honduras was trying to do what Chavez did.. Change the constitution or something like.... But they took him out of power.. Thats all I know.

or something like that..
laugh.gif
see: overnight coup
eek.gif

Honduras is in a bit of a mess politically. Chavez saying he's going to overthrow the newly appointed president and get Selaya back in there.

Don't know about that but I commend him for standing up to the U.S. and not letting the U.S. take advantage of the oil their land possesses.

On another note, I'm still surprised Guatemala didn't classify for this tourney.

What's the surprise? Guate really has nothing but Marco Pappa. The era of Ruiz/Pando and Co is over, they have a huge job ahead of them....good luck tothem too, because I know how they feel all too well, wasn't too long ago ES was at that spot...

Originally Posted by marionthebarberian

Originally Posted by NikeTalker23

Originally Posted by LilJRDN

Right now, I have my money on Costa Rica. The U.S would win the whole tourney if they had their full squad but I still think they have a chance to winning it.
From what I've seen from Mexico, they better bring their stars if they want to win some games. Mexico just tied to Guatemala's backup team and that is
definitely not going to cut if they want to beat a Costa Rica/Honduras/USA.

Guatemala brought their back up team and Mexico brought the team that backs up their back up team.

but guatemala is not even even ranked in the top 80. omar bravo is a c list player for mexico?
Yes he is.

Well for those who like the Ranking crap, here's the new one for CONCACAF (Top 20) :

fu9api.jpg

PS : Brasil new # 1 in World

Originally Posted by DeadsetAce

stupid question: what happened to eddie johnson? i know he's been over in europe...but what happened to him playing for the US team?
he was loaned out to Cardiff City by Fulham..as for the national team, im not entirely sure why Bradley doesn't at least bring him in tocamp...its not like he hasn't played regularly for his club, because he has...maybe its lack of form or something considering he only had two goals allseason in over 30 appearances...what always bugged me about EJ was he never pressured the ball up front and when we had possession he wouldn't make verygood runs or make himself available to midfielders...its like he waited for Donovan or someone to give him the perfect pass and then he might show somehustle...despite all that he has 12 goals in 37 matches for the US, not all that bad really...i think he hasnt gotten much of a look lately because Bob reallylikes the target man up front (Jozy, Ching) and Eddie is not that...but i figure if hes going to continue playing 2 up front like he has recently, Eddie isprobably a better goalscorer than Davies is

Originally Posted by elevenairs

stupid question: what happened to eddie johnson? i know he's been over in europe...but what happened to him playing for the US team?
he was loaned out to Cardiff City by Fulham..as for the national team, im not entirely sure why Bradley doesn't at least bring him in to camp...its not like he hasn't played regularly for his club, because he has...maybe its lack of form or something considering he only had two goals all season in over 30 appearances...what always bugged me about EJ was he never pressured the ball up front and when we had possession he wouldn't make very good runs or make himself available to midfielders...its like he waited for Donovan or someone to give him the perfect pass and then he might show some hustle...despite all that he has 12 goals in 37 matches for the US, not all that bad really...i think he hasnt gotten much of a look lately because Bob really likes the target man up front (Jozy, Ching) and Eddie is not that...but i figure if hes going to continue playing 2 up front like he has recently, Eddie is probably a better goalscorer than Davies is
yeah that's what i would have figured too, why not give him a shot, especially if you're bringing a c squad to this tourney.

Originally Posted by Fuser86

Honduras is in a bit of a mess politically. Chavez saying he's going to overthrow the newly appointed president and get Selaya back in there.

Don't know about that but I commend him for standing up to the U.S. and not letting the U.S. take advantage of the oil their land possesses.

On another note, I'm still surprised Guatemala didn't classify for this tourney.

Chavez is an idiot that wants to stay in power forever. Somebody really needs to kill him.. He does nothing for his people.... He talks about the USgetting into other countries' problems and he's the same way.

and you have to remember.... the US takes.. but they also give back a lot to those countries. What's Chavez do??? Oh yea, he said he was going to givethe Nicaraguan people oil when his husband Ortega got into power... Still waiting on that one...

Not a stupid question at all.

In my opinion, Eddie was doomed from the jump. His hat trick in 18 minutes or whatever it was, set his expectations way too high.

He has become like Beas. His pace no longer makes up for his lack of technical skill.

I still check on his progress in the Championship Division (Cardiff City), and I'm still rooting on him to make a splash this year to get another look fromRoboBob. But he just stopped getting better, his pace made him a threat earlier in his career....this is no longer the case.

They gave us one game this year. ES-CRC. I would go just for the hell of it but I have to work.

Originally Posted by dalilboy

whos going to the ES game tomarro?? i will be going
pimp.gif
Cool...you'll be witnessing an ES win I'm sure...take pics if you can too
pimp.gif

Have fun dude

Wish it wasn't this weekend, i'd have been there but i'll be heading down south tomorrow morning to SD

Originally Posted by TheGift23

Originally Posted by dalilboy

whos going to the ES game tomarro?? i will be going
pimp.gif
Cool...you'll be witnessing an ES win I'm sure...take pics if you can too
pimp.gif
oh yea its a must im leaving tonight im driving over there and ill take lots of pics

TUKWILA, Wash. (AP)-Forward Jozy Altidore, backup goalkeeper Brad Guzan and midfielder Ricardo Clark were among seven players added to the U.S. roster for theCONCACAF Gold Cup.

Forward Conor Casey, midfielders Benny Feilhaber and Sacha Kljestan and defender Jonathan Bornstein also were put on the roster Thursday.

All seven had been with the U.S. last month as it finished second in the Confederations Cup, losing to Brazil 3-2 Sunday in the first FIFA final for Americanmen.

The governing body of North and Central America and the Caribbean gave the U.S. permission Tuesday to expand its roster from 23 to 30 because it was in bothtournaments. The U.S. can dress 18 players for each match.

"At times during the tournament, we may integrate these seven players with our core roster that was announced last week," U.S. coach Bob Bradleysaid.

The original roster included two regular starters, and both are coming off injuries: right back Steve Cherundolo (hip surgery) and forward Brian Ching(hamstring strain).

The United States, seeking its third straight title in the regional championship, opens against Grenada on Saturday night at Seattle, then completes the firstround Wednesday against Honduras at Washington, D.C., and July 11 against Haiti at Foxborough, Mass.

The revised roster (x-will not be at all matches):

Goalkeepers: Jon Busch (Chicago Fire), x-Brad Guzan (Aston Villa, England), Troy Perkins (IK Start, Norway), Luis Robles (Kaiserslautern, Germany)

Defenders: x-Jonathan Bornstein (Chivas USA), Steve Cherundolo (Hannover, Germany), Jimmy Conrad (Kansas City), Clarence Goodson (IK Start, Norway), Jay Heaps(New England), x-Sacha Kljestan (Chivas USA), Chad Marshall (Columbus), Michael Parkhurst (Nordsjaellands, Denmark), Heath Pearce (Hansa Rostock, Germany)

Midfielders: Davy Arnaud (Kansas City), Kyle Beckerman (Real Salt Lake), Colin Clark (Colorado), x-Ricardo Clark (Houston), Sam Cronin (Toronto), Brad Evans(Seattle), x-Benny Feilhaber (Aarhus, Denmark), Stuart Holden (Houston), Logan Pause (Chicago), Robbie Rogers (Columbus)

Forwards: Freddy Adu (AS Monaco), x-Jozy Altidore (Villarreal, Spain), x-Conor Casey (Colorado), Brian Ching (Houston), Kenny Cooper (Dallas), Charlie Davies(Hammarby IF, Sweden), Santino Quaranta (D.C.)

Well now that those players are on the team I expect the US to actually do good in this tourney although Mex is gona win it.

Can somebody direct me to a TV schedule? If any? Or tell me which games are gonna be on TV? Thanks

Originally Posted by wawaweewa

Mexican national teams always play dirty.
laugh.gif

do u blame them?? They got a good team don't get me wrong but no brains they playvery hardheaded and because of that there not gunna win the gold cup andnot go to the world cup

Back
Top Bottom