2009 Concacaf Gold Cup Final: Mexico Champions. Vol. Aug 12 just got serious.

^cool

One thing for sure is both teams will play with heart. For a lot of these players this might be the biggest stage they reach on their NT's so I imaginethey will play their butts off. With all the rivalry stuff aside, I picked Mexico at the beginning to win this and I still think they will. I PRAY I'mwrong but they just have some great ********ing players on their team. We have a bunch of MLS'ers. If we beat them it will be because of a team effort (asusual vs Mexico).

/end realist rant

we are going to *#%#@$@ whoop mexicos %+% on Sunday as usual
pimp.gif

Okay game, both teams played hard but damn how bad is our defense going to play? Fortunately none of these defenders will play on the 12th. I also hope Torradodoesn't play. He's slow as hell, has NO vision and has a horrible touch. Gio played well again today, he's been playing real well this gold cup,hopefully he can continue improving. It should be a good game against the U.S. though I already know what excuse US fans will make if they lose, "It wasMexico's B team against out D team"..

Originally Posted by NikeTalker23

Okay game, both teams played hard but damn how bad is our defense going to play? Fortunately none of these defenders will play on the 12th. I also hope Torrado doesn't play. He's slow as hell, has NO vision and has a horrible touch. Gio played well again today, he's been playing real well this gold cup, hopefully he can continue improving. It should be a good game against the U.S. though I already know what excuse US fans will make if they lose, "It was Mexico's B team against out D team"..

You are one salty dude.

Okay game, both teams played hard but damn how bad is our defense going to play? Fortunately none of these defenders will play on the 12th. I also hope Torrado doesn't play. He's slow as hell, has NO vision and has a horrible touch. Gio played well again today, he's been playing real well this gold cup, hopefully he can continue improving. It should be a good game against the U.S. though I already know what excuse US fans will make if they lose, "It was Mexico's B team against out D team"..

2-0.

Originally Posted by marionthebarberian

2-0.
laugh.gif
you U.S. fans are funny..I hope you guys actually make itout of the group stage next WC
wink.gif

Originally Posted by marionthebarberian

2-0.
laugh.gif
you U.S. fans are funny..I hope you guys actually make it out of the group stage next WC
wink.gif

I hope you guys actually make it to the next WC. Well not really.

I just knew our defense was going to let up. It'd be an interesting stat to see how many goals we given up in the last 5 minutes of a halfover the past year. To be honest though, I'm glad it went to penalties. Gave the guys, especially Ochoa, some experience with high pressure PKs. UltimatelySunday's game has little meaning, this final was expected by everyone (even though both squads are obviously not playing that well). With Aug 12 around thecorner AND Mexico still struggling to qualify to the WC, Sunday's game just doesn't pack the same punch as a normal US vs Mex. game (at least in myopinion).

the atmosphere for the second match was a trillion times more exciting than US/Honduras..i was like where the $%@! are all the people at and then it startsgetting packed before Mexico/CR kicked off
laugh.gif

the buildup to Kenny Cooper's goal was awesome, it would be great to see them string together play like that more consistently

the second game was amazing, when Ledezma scored the goal to send it into extra time
eek.gif

Giovanni was the best player in either game imo, especially when he moved from the right wing to play more in the central midfield, he basically picked apartCR's defense at will..it was cool to see Vela play too i was hoping he might get in

overall both games were really fun, especially the crowd was tremendous (except when people above us started throwing beer cups
laugh.gif
)

Nice to see Vela get some action last night.
Gio looked really good out there.

As for USA vs Mexico
Looking forward to the game at Azteca more than the final.

I don't understand why Bradley is trying to prove a point by using inexperienced MLS players.

USA wins - I doubt people will care that USA won with a crap squad, just happy with the win.

Mexico wins - people will be mad at Bob for using same crap squad.

I hope US can pull off the victory, would hate to see their unbeaten streak at home end against Mexico.

Originally Posted by elevenairs

the atmosphere for the second match was a trillion times more exciting than US/Honduras..i was like where the $%@! are all the people at and then it starts getting packed before Mexico/CR kicked off
laugh.gif

the buildup to Kenny Cooper's goal was awesome, it would be great to see them string together play like that more consistently

the second game was amazing, when Ledezma scored the goal to send it into extra time
eek.gif

Giovanni was the best player in either game imo, especially when he moved from the right wing to play more in the central midfield, he basically picked apart CR's defense at will..it was cool to see Vela play too i was hoping he might get in

overall both games were really fun, especially the crowd was tremendous (except when people above us started throwing beer cups
laugh.gif
)

sounds like fun man, got any pictures? can't stand when people get drunk and start throwing !#@* onto the field..

Originally Posted by elevenairs

the atmosphere for the second match was a trillion times more exciting than US/Honduras..i was like where the $%@! are all the people at and then it starts getting packed before Mexico/CR kicked off
laugh.gif

eek.gif

Giovanni was the best player in either game imo, especially when he moved from the right wing to play more in the central midfield, he basically picked apart CR's defense at will..it was cool to see Vela play too i was hoping he might get in

laugh.gif
)

sounds like fun man, got any pictures? can't stand when people get drunk and start throwing !#@* onto the field..

Word man... I'm like "Damn Raza,,, calm the f down.. you're makingus look bad".. it also happened when that guy from Panama was sent off.

twitter_1.jpg

laugh.gif

Article I got it from says a few hours later he removed the comment

na i dont have any pictures..my brother and i somehow forgot to grab the camera on the way out...we had good seats too, third row half-field we could'vegot some nice ones

i cant wait for Sunday's game, its gonna be fun to watch...also it gives me a chance to talk $#!% to my teammates in the Sunday league i play in (im theonly white player, the rest are mexican-americans
laugh.gif
)

Bump

FYI ESPN2 will also have a pregame to the game at 11 PT so you might want to check that out since they're showing some love to the US.

My prediction 2-1 USA

Starting Line Up for the US:

Perkins

Heaps Marshall Goodson Pearce

Holden Beckerman Pause Rogers

Arnaud Ching

Back
Top Bottom