2009 football/soccer summer transfer rumors

Originally Posted by ERASCISM

Pellegrini uses a 4-4-2, my guess is this will be the XI:

Ramos---Pepe--Albiol--- Marcelo
------------Lass---Alonso-------
Ronaldo------Kaka-----Robben
-------------Benzema-----------

Looks good to me. Marcelo has a lot to prove in defence but he is dangerous going forward. If Robben gets hurt, which he will, you can insert Marcelo, Drenthe, or Granero at left winger. And Drenthe can also fill in at LB, too. So much wonderful depth.

i thought he used more of a 4-2-2-2 at villareal.

i'm thinking:

-----------------casillas-----------------------

ramos----albiol----------pepe--------arbeloa

--------------------lass---------------------

----------xabi------------------------------

ronaldo---------------------------kaka----

----------higuain-------benzema-----------

i think we'll see ronaldo and kaka given free roles and interchange a lot.

or i wouldn't be surprised to see ronaldo play closer up front like he did at united and robben or higuain on the wing.

and i agree about city. i think with the addition of lescott now, you have to seriously consider them as a top 4 candidate. if they line up with a squad like:

---------------given--------------

richards--lescott---kompany--bridge

---------barry------de jong----------

ireland-------tevez---------robinho

------------adebayor---------------

that's a very, very good lineup. and they have depth too now. what's even more impressive is that all of those players don't need to adapt to the premier league as they've all had some success now. chemistry is only a matter of time. however, will hughes have the tactical knowhow to compete with the top teams?

the running joke is who will be fired first? hughes or pellegrini?

i know wenger's been wanting kalou for some time. wenger talked about a new formation: 4-3-3, which is something i thought they should have done already. i think kalou can slot in well with arsenal. i'd love to see vieira back. he belongs and deserves to retire at arsenal. i just wish keano was back as i miss the duels between the two.

but it's going to be interesting to see what wenger does. he'll need another defender now that senderos looks to be headed to everton.

aquilani, i think, is a very, very talented player. he is a bit like xabi without the passing range. however, he is like mr. glass. dude's always injured.

i don't agree about needing another starting forward. with the formation and system they use, gerrard and torres are probably the best duo up front. BUT, if they're able to get, say, a david villa or whomever, it will be great for them. even though gerrard fits in well behind torres, he will be able to move to another position and still thrive even though he'll hate and complain about it.
You forgot that they have Toure...Toure will be starting in place of Kompany.

I already told airseattlejordan that I think Hughes will get fired by the halfway point of this season. If City have a string of 4-5 bad Premiership games(which is inevitable for ANY team), I think that he'll get the sack. If City aren't in the top 5 by the halfway point, he'll get the sack. I dontsee this ending well for him.

We'll see how Torres + Gerrard works over the course of the season. Liverpool played great in the 2nd half of last season but I dont see them keeping upthat crazy goalscoring pace that they had going on where they were easily scoring 3+ goals a match. In Liverpool's defense, they are about as deep upfrontas their main competitors - Chelsea and Man Utd.

Originally Posted by Carlos Tevez

I already told airseattlejordan that I think Hughes will get fired by the halfway point of this season. If City have a string of 4-5 bad Premiership games (which is inevitable for ANY team), I think that he'll get the sack. If City aren't in the top 5 by the halfway point, he'll get the sack. I dont see this ending well for him.

We'll see how Torres + Gerrard works over the course of the season. Liverpool played great in the 2nd half of last season but I dont see them keeping up that crazy goalscoring pace that they had going on where they were easily scoring 3+ goals a match. In Liverpool's defense, they are about as deep upfront as their main competitors - Chelsea and Man Utd.

forgot about toure. even more impressive because kompany is a very good player, imo.

interesting point though. the big 4 really aren't that deep up front. never really though of that.

man united:
rooney
berbatov
owen
macheda
wellbeck
- but the last two are very young. not much will be counted on them

liverpool:
torres
babel
kuyt (when he's not playing on the right)
gerrard (but he's an attacking CM or support striker)
n'gog

chelsea:
drogba
anelka
sheva
pizarro
sturridge?
sinclair?

arsenal:
van persie
bendtner
walcott (but he'll be used as a winger)
vela (but he'll be used as a winger too)

lol, in comparison:
real madrid:
benzema
raul
rvn
ronaldo
higuain
negredo

by the way, now that the PL and la liga will be on espn360, i CANNOT wait for this season to start!

is it true that fox soccer channel bought the coverage rights to the champions league? if so, do they have anything like espn360 to stream online?

Originally Posted by zizou

I already told airseattlejordan that I think Hughes will get fired by the halfway point of this season. If City have a string of 4-5 bad Premiership games (which is inevitable for ANY team), I think that he'll get the sack. If City aren't in the top 5 by the halfway point, he'll get the sack. I dont see this ending well for him.

We'll see how Torres + Gerrard works over the course of the season. Liverpool played great in the 2nd half of last season but I dont see them keeping up that crazy goalscoring pace that they had going on where they were easily scoring 3+ goals a match. In Liverpool's defense, they are about as deep upfront as their main competitors - Chelsea and Man Utd.
forgot about toure. even more impressive because kompany is a very good player, imo.

interesting point though. the big 4 really aren't that deep up front. never really though of that.

man united:
rooney
berbatov
owen
macheda
wellbeck

liverpool:
torres
babel
n'gog

chelsea:
drogba
anelka
sheva
pizarro
sturridge?
sinclair?

arsenal:
van persie
bendtner

lol, in comparison:
real madrid:
benzema
raul
rvn
ronaldo
higuain
negredo

ARE YOU NUTS? some of you guys fall into hypes too easily....

rooney, berbatov > benzema, higuain, rv, raul

and you're wrong macheda and welbeck will be used and THEY WILL succeed.

the goals owen has scored in preseason have shown he stil has lots of ability. Hes not just chipping $%*% in. EPL > LA LIGa

Originally Posted by Curious24

man united:
rooney
berbatov
owen
macheda
wellbeck

liverpool:
torres
babel
n'gog

chelsea:
drogba
anelka
sheva
pizarro
sturridge?
sinclair?

arsenal:
van persie
bendtner

lol, in comparison:
real madrid:
benzema
raul
rvn
ronaldo
higuain
negredo
ARE YOU NUTS? some of you guys fall into hypes too easily....

rooney, berbatov > benzema, higuain, rv, raul

and you're wrong macheda and welbeck will be used and THEY WILL succeed.

the goals owen has scored in preseason have shown he stil has lots of ability. Hes not just chipping $%*% in. EPL > LA LIGa

1. i was comparing DEPTH at the forwards.

2. i said not much will be counted on from macheda and welbeck. i know they will be used, and i believe they'll contribute their fair share. but to saythey'll be counted on as much as the rooney, berba, or owen is not true.

3. look. i'm a man united fan so i'm not going to disagree about owen because i believe his signing can be a stroke of genius.

you should read the posts in context to the previous posts.

I'm glad to say that Xabi Alonso is now officially a Real Madrid player. Reports are saying that the deal was closed for 30ME plus incentives

draft_lens1513858module8197113photo_TigerWoods_Fist_Pump.jpg1202767632

Necessary Signing.

man united:
rooney
berbatov
owen
macheda
wellbeck

liverpool:
torres
babel
n'gog

chelsea:
drogba
anelka
sheva
pizarro
sturridge?
sinclair?

arsenal:
van persie
bendtner

lol, in comparison:
real madrid:
benzema
raul
rvn
ronaldo
higuain
negredo

To be honest, I think Man Utd look weak upfront. It's Rooney's team now so he'll be expected to score 20 goals. I think Berbatov willbe more comfortable in his 2nd year with the club and should get atleast 15. Anything from Owen and Macheda will be a bonus. The key to Man Utd's offensivesuccess will be Rooney staying healthy...he misses time every single season. Owen coming off the bench will likely prolong his career, we all know how injuryprone he is. I cant wait for the British media sensationalism when Owen scores a couple of goals for his new club..."OMFG!!!!! OWEN IS BACK AND BETTERTHAN EVER!!!!"...."OWEN MAKING A PUSH FOR ENGLAND"...along with Beckham, he is the poster boy for the English media.

Chelsea only have 2 strikers that are guaranteed to be on the opening day roster...Anelka and Drogba. Drogba is gone for 1 month at the beginning of 2010 forthe African Nation's Cup so they'll need to bring someone in (just like how Anelka was brought in to fill in for Drogba during the 2008 ACN). Sheva andPizarro will be gone by the end of the transfer window...IMO they are not wanted by the club. No one should be surprised if Chelsea acquire a big time strikerwithin the coming weeks.

Torres is Liverpool's only natural striker...thats why I think they need to sign someone else to come off the bench when necessary. They tried using Kuytas a secondary striker and it didn't work out as well as they expected. Kuyt is still good for slightly more than 10 goals a season. Babel is still youngand wildly inconsistent...he usually plays as a winger and hasn't scored that many goals in his career. Liverpool will be in trouble if they rely on him tobe a primary attacking option in the event that Torres/Gerrard are unable to play.

Arsenal have v. Persie, Eduardo, Bendtner, Vela, Walcott, Arshavin and potentially Kalou/Chamakh up front. Other than v. Persie, none of these guys have provenmuch in the Premiership. They're all very young and full of Wenger's favorite word..."potential". Arshavin is in his prime right now andI'm confident he'll score around 10 EPL goals as a winger. v. Persie will lead the team in goals but he'll miss about 30% of the season because heis an injury prone pansy. Other than v. Persie and Arshavin, I file Arsenal's strikers under the category of "good...but not good enough...yet".

Man City have the best attackers in the Premiership...Adebeyor, Tevez, Santa Cruz, Robinho have all scored at least 14 goals in 1 EPL season. It doesn'thurt to have Bellamy come off the bench as well. Benjani is on his way out in the next few weeks.

Originally Posted by cruzair13

is huntelaar still staying on madrid?
no. madrid have practically told him he's out this year.

he's been linked with milan, arsenal, and tottenham. i believe he turned down an offer from stuttgart.

man united:
rooney
berbatov
owen
macheda
wellbeck

liverpool:
torres
babel
n'gog

chelsea:
drogba
anelka
sheva
pizarro
sturridge?
sinclair?

arsenal:
van persie
bendtner

lol, in comparison:
real madrid:
benzema
raul
rvn
ronaldo
higuain
negredo
To be honest, I think Man Utd look weak upfront. It's Rooney's team now so he'll be expected to score 20 goals. I think Berbatov will be more comfortable in his 2nd year with the club and should get atleast 15. Anything from Owen and Macheda will be a bonus. The key to Man Utd's offensive success will be Rooney staying healthy...he misses time every single season. Owen coming off the bench will likely prolong his career, we all know how injury prone he is. I cant wait for the British media sensationalism when Owen scores a couple of goals for his new club..."OMFG!!!!! OWEN IS BACK AND BETTER THAN EVER!!!!"...."OWEN MAKING A PUSH FOR ENGLAND"...along with Beckham, he is the poster boy for the English media.

Chelsea only have 2 strikers that are guaranteed to be on the opening day roster...Anelka and Drogba. Drogba is gone for 1 month at the beginning of 2010 for the African Nation's Cup so they'll need to bring someone in (just like how Anelka was brought in to fill in for Drogba during the 2008 ACN). Sheva and Pizarro will be gone by the end of the transfer window...IMO they are not wanted by the club. No one should be surprised if Chelsea acquire a big time striker within the coming weeks.

Torres is Liverpool's only natural striker...thats why I think they need to sign someone else to come off the bench when necessary. They tried using Kuyt as a secondary striker and it didn't work out as well as they expected. Kuyt is still good for slightly more than 10 goals a season. Babel is still young and wildly inconsistent...he usually plays as a winger and hasn't scored that many goals in his career. Liverpool will be in trouble if they rely on him to be a primary attacking option in the event that Torres/Gerrard are unable to play.

Arsenal have v. Persie, Eduardo, Bendtner, Vela, Walcott, Arshavin and potentially Kalou/Chamakh up front. Other than v. Persie, none of these guys have proven much in the Premiership. They're all very young and full of Wenger's favorite word..."potential". Arshavin is in his prime right now and I'm confident he'll score around 10 EPL goals as a winger. v. Persie will lead the team in goals but he'll miss about 30% of the season because he is an injury prone pansy. Other than v. Persie and Arshavin, I file Arsenal's strikers under the category of "good...but not good enough...yet".

well, as for man united, i agree. my concern is owen and rooney are bound to miss a stretch of games due to injury. and rooney happens to get injured rightafter a string of games with goals.

with the personnel we have now and with CR leaving, i don't think we'll see much of a 4-3-3 anymore. with valencia and nani (if he's back in form),i think we'll be better suited to a 4-4-2. so if rooney and owen miss some stretch of games, we are very weak up front. especially since berba isn'twell suited to play as a lone striker.

but i agree this is rooney's team now. he'll be playing in the center that he favors so much. much will be expected from him.

i agree that sheva and pizarro will probably be gone by the end of the window. at least pizarro, for sure. but they have more depth at the midfield and canuse other players as support strikers, if needed. i hope joe cole comes back healthy this year.

agree with liverpool. kuyt has made the right wing his own there and has found a way to contribute without scoring. i wonder if benitez will try and play babelas a forward more this season. it's too bad robbie keane couldn't cut it at liverpool.

agree about arsenal. i've never been much of a fan of bendtner, but he has the tools to be a great scorer.

I dont think Arsenal will spend 15+ mill on Huntelaar...Tottenham appear to be heavily in the mix for him.
yea i doubt arsenal will spend that much.

perhaps he's just better off at milan. there's a logjam at forwards at tottenham already. he'll get PT at milan and be in the CL.

burlosconi scheduled a meeting with galliani and leonardo tomorrow to talk about transfers.

they need a lot of help...

Originally Posted by ILL LEGAL OPERATION

Didn't wanna start a new thread, but I was watchin' this again earlier and thought, "Damn - La Liga's 'bout to be on and poppin..."
messi is just brilliant.

Chelsea only have 2 strikers that are guaranteed to be on the opening day roster...Anelka and Drogba. Drogba is gone for 1 month at the beginning of 2010 for the African Nation's Cup so they'll need to bring someone in (just like how Anelka was brought in to fill in for Drogba during the 2008 ACN).
Wont Chelsea use Sturridge and that blond headed Russian guy??

Didn't wanna start a new thread, but I was watchin' this again earlier and thought, "Damn - La Liga's 'bout to be on and poppin..."
Since we are posting videos, here is a tight Ronaldo one. (not trying to start an argument)

cruzair13

Word...and with this addition - he can be so much better:

This #%%# is about to be hot...
agreed
as long as Ibra's ego doesn't get in the way, Barca is gonna do work.
and messi is already at the top, as seen this season.,
his ability to make his team better is just
pimp.gif
pimp.gif
pimp.gif
and if they mesh together, im expecting some sick ibra to messi, messi-to ibra connections. ibrahimovic has sick vision.
and im pulling for ibra, hes my fav player. hopefully he backs up his mouth.

Trelvis Tha Thrilla wrote:

Chelsea only have 2 strikers that are guaranteed to be on the opening day roster...Anelka and Drogba. Drogba is gone for 1 month at the beginning of 2010 for the African Nation's Cup so they'll need to bring someone in (just like how Anelka was brought in to fill in for Drogba during the 2008 ACN).
Wont Chelsea use Sturridge and that blond headed Russian guy??�

��
yea. i think we'll be seeing sturridge.� the kid looks good.

Back
Top Bottom