2009 Most Deadliest Cities thus far

some of you guys annoy me with your "oh they aint in the hood, oh they aint no black folks there" steez. get over yourselves. you wouldn't lastin little rock or these cities that you think are soft. why does everyone think they are hard? lol.

Wow. It's funny because I have no prob going through Camden, and I live down the street from Newark (which is not as bad as it used to be). But I amsurprised NYC didn't make the list. I guess the NYPD really have things on lock out there, but regardless...I meet chicks in Brooklyn, Da Bronx, Queens,etc...come late night, they like... "You coming through to see me right?" My response....."Am I coming through to see you? You taking masstransit over to Jersey right?"

Originally Posted by DaCitySlanga

Originally Posted by SleepyBlueDemon

Think some other cities should had been on here. I mean Little Rock is gangsta?
laugh.gif

Someone didn't have HBO as a kid...

indifferent.gif

I actually did, all the HBOs at that. Little Rock, Arkansas is country. I mean what crime would they have???

indifferent.gif
you just dont know

laugh.gif

indifferent.gif

I actually did, all the HBOs at that. Little Rock, Arkansas is country. I mean what crime would they have???
Come to my hometown and you get a reality check (no threats against you, but you'll understand). Hell there are blood fights in the southcentral part of town, as well as high incidence of robberies and assaults in the southwest and eastern parts of the city.

Originally Posted by NuJerzLoyalty

Wow. It's funny because I have no prob going through Camden, and I live down the street from Newark (which is not as bad as it used to be). But I am surprised NYC didn't make the list. I guess the NYPD really have things on lock out there, but regardless...I meet chicks in Brooklyn, Da Bronx, Queens, etc...come late night, they like... "You coming through to see me right?" My response....."Am I coming through to see you? You taking mass transit over to Jersey right?"
The NYPD presence has increased dramatically in neighborhoods that are plagued with crime. If you're from any of those areas, you'vedefinitely seen your neighborhood improve even if its a little bit. People feel safer walking down the block at night. There aren't as many people openlyselling drugs on the corners anymore like it was about 5-6 years ago. The goons are still around but even they have become a bit smarter as to whether or notto commit a crime. NYC has gotten better overall. The quality of life has improved, more money is flowing into the city, gentrification (pro or anti) hascleaned up a lot of neighborhoods. People are investing in their hoods more now thus resulting in cleaner streets. !#+% still goes down but not to the extentthat it used to. However, despite the improvements don't think that NYC has gone soft.

NYC is never on these list.

Ask your parents about NYC during the late 70s to the early 90s. For example in 1990, the city had over 2200 murders

Originally Posted by Lazy B

Ask your parents about NYC during the late 70s to the early 90s. For example in 1990, the city had over 2200 murders

yeah nyc changed alot in almost 20 years.

there was a post here from 2007 i think that showed nyc back then with vintage pics. it was crazy i couldnt believe that it looked like that. im 20 btw. crazy.i think ima save all the pics from that old thread and start it again. cause i was shocked yo.

Jersey there with 2 spots.

Camden is just so run down. You see all houses boarded up and all that. Newark is changing, but still bad.The infamous riots were beyond crazy. There'sbeen alot of gentrification in this area. So they changing slowly

Originally Posted by drsfinest72

Originally Posted by Lazy B

yeah nyc changed alot in almost 20 years.

there was a post here from 2007 i think that showed nyc back then with vintage pics. it was crazy i couldnt believe that it looked like that. im 20 btw. crazy. i think ima save all the pics from that old thread and start it again. cause i was shocked yo.

It was around late summer early fall last year (2008)...showing from another forum a documentary of pictures from NYC. It was crazy, but a lot ofgood stuff. I think abeautifulhaze and some others added a lot of good 411, too.

Originally Posted by SeRveJaYs4JaYs

laugh.gif

indifferent.gif

indifferent.gif
you just dont know

About 8 pages late, we already clarified this

laugh.gif
I'll never see a Washington city on one of these lists. They're never on the safest city list either.

Originally Posted by BgL2687

Originally Posted by GrandaddyPurp415

City Crime Rankings 2008-2009 by Kathleen O'Leary Morgan, Scott Morgan, and Dr. Rachel Boba.

Without futher ado …
5 Oakland, CA

9 Richmond, CA

these towns are literally 5 minutes away from eachother
smh.gif
negative...we are like 20 minutes apart. But back to topic..richmond has been fairly quite this year don't know why we are still in top10. Maybe petty stuff but the homicide rate has been going down.
you drive like a H0mo then
laugh.gif
right...I mean unless you fly 150 mph you might be able to get there in 5 minutes.

you obviously didn't get what the point was.
grin.gif

Not surprising that New Orleans is #1. And unlike the the other 24 cities on this list, they didn't have a paid police force after Katrina. (Actually Idon't know if they had much of a police force before Katrina. In terms of bribes, under-the-table deals, police brutality, and overall being a notoriouslycorrupted police department which makes the NYPD, LAPD, HPD, etc: look like choir boys.)

After Katrina, there was no more NOPD. Hell, some of them were looting the stores themselves in the aftermath of the hurricane. Once things got setteled andresidents came back to the city after being relocated around the country, the Army's Military Police took over until the city could get it's manpowerup in terms of recruting more police officers. To make a long story short, its sad to see that even the Army couldn't stop the N.O. from obtaining the #1position as the most deadlist city.

Originally Posted by TrillipinoTrapstar

Come to my hometown and you get a reality check (no threats against you, but you'll understand). Hell there are blood fights in the south central part of town, as well as high incidence of robberies and assaults in the southwest and eastern parts of the city.
Southwest LR damn shame
smh.gif
smh.gif

glad I got away
pimp.gif

Originally Posted by jimmybeanz

Originally Posted by rickybadman

Wait till this summer, B-More and DC is going to be putting up serious number. I mean Kobe in the Garden numbers too.
roll.gif
frown.gif
So will everybody in the south
frown.gif
It get hot andaggravating down here. I just realized this list is 2009 so far too.
smh.gif

Originally Posted by gescobe

No Tx,
smile.gif
Yes sir. Im feeling that too, TEXAS FTW. Besides we dont need to be on a list telling us we rowdy.....lets be real...Everyone knowswe'll get ya with the lethal faster than any other state....

City Crime Rankings 2008-2009 by Kathleen O'Leary Morgan, Scott Morgan, and Dr. Rachel Boba.

Without futher ado …
5 Oakland, CA

9 Richmond, CA

these towns are literally 5 minutes away from eachother
smh.gif
negative...we are like 20 minutes apart. But back to topic..richmond has been fairly quite this year don't know why we are still in top10. Maybe petty stuff but the homicide rate has been going down.
you drive like a H0mo then
laugh.gif
right...I mean unless you fly 150 mph you might be able to get there in 5 minutes.
you obviously didn't get what the point was.
grin.gif

Lets just put it like this you never been to richmond or oakland so you wouldn't know how far apart each other are. Emeryville and Berkeleyare 5 minutes away from oakland.

Originally Posted by omgitswes

Originally Posted by cartune

really? i'm there almost every month and i've yet to see anything out of the norm

Whats the norm in Birmingham? You must be going to Hoover

by norm i mean nothing different than any other city/i'm normally just over by the summit and on uabs campus visiting some friends

Those numbers probably aren't coming from where UAB is. It's nice over there. Every time I visit, I hear my cousins tell me about someone they knowgetting shot/ or killed. Back in January, my cousin got shot (and she is a girl, not some thug off the street) and her sister's boyfriend got shot withindays of each other. B'ham is definitely not what it used to be. The little neighborhood my fam stays in never had any problems, now my little cousinscan't even play outside in peace. smh

Originally Posted by vasweetz

Originally Posted by cartune

really? i'm there almost every month and i've yet to see anything out of the norm

Whats the norm in Birmingham? You must be going to Hoover
by norm i mean nothing different than any other city/i'm normally just over by the summit and on uabs campus visiting some friends

Those numbers probably aren't coming from where UAB is. It's nice over there. Every time I visit, I hear my cousins tell me about someone they know getting shot/ or killed. Back in January, my cousin got shot (and she is a girl, not some thug off the street) and her sister's boyfriend got shot within days of each other. B'ham is definitely not what it used to be. The little neighborhood my fam stays in never had any problems, now my little cousins can't even play outside in peace. smh
Yeah, the crime definitely isn't happening at UAB. UAB is in the southern part of Birmingham, by rich neighborhoods like Homewood and VestaviaHills.

let me say this if you think chicago is a good city now your a fool. theres no way chicago will show up on any of these types of list tell we see that we didntget the bid for the Olympics(thats if we dont get it)

Back
Top Bottom