2009 NBA All-Star Game 8 p.m. EST On TNT

Originally Posted by 22 Deuces 22

Originally Posted by tmoney85

Originally Posted by holdenmichael

Originally Posted by Guerrilla Warfare

Shaq & Kobe try soooooooo hard to look like they get along on camera
45cf3fb094b87f3930267a5c1ea17caf.gif
but C'MON... we all kno wats going on...
8083f5f1d0977093764eaacef4cc6237.gif

I know I'm going to come off like a crazy hater, but everything about Kobe seems fake to me. From his interviews to his interactions with other players, and the candid stuff we see, it's all forced and extremely corny. Of course

Yeah, because Kobe is a clown. I made a similiar comment in the other thread regarding the pic of Kobe throwin' up the ROC. This guy is a clown. He has no personality, he is the definition of a square. He can't do anything naturally, except play basketball. Whether it's throwin' up the Roc <>, doing a Rock Band commercial, or faking a laugh after Shaq says THE BIG LEGENDARIES. Kobe Bryant is the biggest celebrity square.

Dude you are so lucky that you know Kobe personally. I envy you! Either that or you have this psychic ability to read about what someone is thinking and saying based on what you see on TV. Im sure you think 50 cent and Jay Z really kill people in the streets right now... or that Tricks ARE really only for kids.

Sorry, but if you don't understand what I'm saying about Kobe...then you are the gullible one.

I, for one, know where you're coming from. I've thought the same thing about Kobe ever since he got in the league. I've always described itlike everything he does is straight out of the "how to be an NBA superstar" handbook. It's like, as a kid, he just watched a lot of tapes ofMagic and MJ and just copied what they did the rest of his life. Still, that said, I think Shaq and Kobe have pretty much put the drama behind them.

As for the game, pretty typical ASG. Entertaining, but not a great game.

I know I'm going to come off like a crazy hater, but everything about Kobe seems fake to me. From his interviews to his interactions with other players, and the candid stuff we see, it's all forced and extremely corny. Of course

Yeah, because Kobe is a clown. I made a similiar comment in the other thread regarding the pic of Kobe throwin' up the ROC. This guy is a clown. He has no personality, he is the definition of a square. He can't do anything naturally, except play basketball. Whether it's throwin' up the Roc <>, doing a Rock Band commercial, or faking a laugh after Shaq says THE BIG LEGENDARIES. Kobe Bryant is the biggest celebrity square.

Dude you are so lucky that you know Kobe personally. I envy you! Either that or you have this psychic ability to read about what someone is thinking and saying based on what you see on TV. Im sure you think 50 cent and Jay Z really kill people in the streets right now... or that Tricks ARE really only for kids.

Sorry, but if you don't understand what I'm saying about Kobe...then you are the gullible one.

It seems scripted now because he never opened up early in his career, so you always thought of him as a quiet a-hole. But I remember when he came on inside the nba for the first time and kenny smith spent like half the time talking about how he was totally surprised by how different kobe was compared to his expectations (i.e. aloof, a-hole, quiet). That is why i refuse to pass judgement on a guy based on what i see in a couple of interviews. He is a hard working athlete that strives for perfection, so maybe he doesn't feel like horsing around and dancing before/after games. Its his on the court abilities that amaze me.
I mean if you want to bring "off the court" issues to the table, then you probably hate all players. i mean, jordan is a gambling alcoholic, wade cheats on his wife with extravagant sex parties, charles is a gambling alcoholic too... the list goes on and on... but at the end of the day, its basketball and he is sure good at it.

I'm not speaking about on-court abilities or off-court issues. I'm saying that Kobe Bryant is a @%*+$+' square. Meaning, if you told me that I could kick it with Kobe Bryant for a day, I would say "%*@@ NO."
omg.. thank you, i have this argument with my boy, that kobe is so fake, that it seems like everything he does is forced, the way he talks,everything is just so ingenuine, and my boy is like your a hater, your hater..

nah, hes 1 or 2 best players in this league, but he does seem fake... its like, if you're a a-hole, just be a a-hole at least it is truly who you are, youknow?

Originally Posted by bigtimejerky

It seems scripted now because he never opened up early in his career, so you always thought of him as a quiet a-hole. But I remember when he came on inside the nba for the first time and kenny smith spent like half the time talking about how he was totally surprised by how different kobe was compared to his expectations (i.e. aloof, a-hole, quiet). That is why i refuse to pass judgement on a guy based on what i see in a couple of interviews. He is a hard working athlete that strives for perfection, so maybe he doesn't feel like horsing around and dancing before/after games, hence the name "black mamba" LOL

WHAT? exactly what i said.. people call kobe a +@%$!+# prick because of his demeanor in interviews or pictures, but when a third party (i.e. kenny smith inthis situation) comes out and says kobe is nothing like what everyone makes him out to be, you gotta listen to him. I mean he gains nothing for praising kobelike that. He could have easily done the rest of the show without talking about kobes personality. so
indifferent.gif
to you

Originally Posted by tmukg21

why do people hate kobe's personality (online of course)? In the presence of Jay-z even a homeless dude throws up the Roc.At the podium he seemed like a real person, he was silly for a moment, then got down to business at the end. You want him to turn down a roc band commercial?
grin.gif

What personality do you speak of?

That's the whole thing, this *##%# has ZERO personality...but he always tries to act like something he isn't.

If he stayed in his lane like Tim Duncan, I would have a lot more respect for him.
Thing is, everyone always says Duncan is a funny guy behind the scenes. No one knows because the media never showcases Duncan.

Bryant is forced into the spotlight and the media has been doing things to his image every since the start. He can't do what Duncan does because hes in LA.

Note to NBA: don't let Cleveland run any part of the All-Star game ever again: Mike Brown & Mo Williams=EPIC FAILS and Bron
eyes.gif
missing dunks,backboard passes, and crab dribbling all over the place.....they destroyed any chance the East had of being competitive.

Unfortunately, the iPhone didn't allow me to go back in to finish my post so I didn't get to add that most of what I view as contrived is probably asgenuine and merely means that Kobe is just a square. It isn't about hating on him, disliking him, guessing about how he really is, or being annoyed by him,it's just my opinion. It's not like I'm bringing this up out ofthe blue. Someone brought up that his interaction with Shaq seems fake and it is myopinion that most of his interactions with other people come off the same way.

It's because he seems corny. There's nothing wrong with that.

Regarding the MVP, I didn't catch much outside ofthe lackluster 4th quarter, but I'll agree that you don't give it to the PG that racks up theassists unless they get a triple-double or score a lot of points too.

Did y'all see KG say "that's for [vaginas]!" near the end of the game? He was comme ting on the zone even before he got to Sager. The West,especially Kobe, seems to have taken these games personally since that year the East came back to win and there was talk of Marbury putting the handcuffs onKobe.

I always wonder what the other players are saying when the MVP(s) are holding up the trophy? Especially on a night like tonight where apparently the Westplayed a lot of zone and the Kobe + Shaq MVP seemed scripted.

WHAT? exactly what i said.. people call kobe a +@%$!+# prick because of his demeanor in interviews or pictures, but when a third party (i.e. kenny smith in this situation) comes out and says kobe is nothing like what everyone makes him out to be, you gotta listen to him. I mean he gains nothing for praising kobe like that. He could have easily done the rest of the show without talking about kobes personality. so
indifferent.gif
to you
for all you know... Kenny can be a prick too. What makes kennys words any more valid? Kobes a great player, but imma agree... his personality, orlack there of, seems so fake. His laughs and everything looks forced. I can be worng cause you can only get so much off TV, but at least look natural in someway.

laugh.gif
It's a damn shame when grown %$+ men are so concerned about an NBAplayer, (whom none of you Know) Personality. Ya'll sound like school girls over this %+$#, fareal .
eyes.gif

WHAT? exactly what i said.. people call kobe a +@%$!+# prick because of his demeanor in interviews or pictures, but when a third party (i.e. kenny smith in this situation) comes out and says kobe is nothing like what everyone makes him out to be, you gotta listen to him. I mean he gains nothing for praising kobe like that. He could have easily done the rest of the show without talking about kobes personality. so
indifferent.gif
to you
for all you know... Kenny can be a prick too. What makes kennys words any more valid? Kobes a great player, but imma agree... his personality, or lack there of, seems so fake. His laughs and everything looks forced. I can be worng cause you can only get so much off TV, but at least look natural in some way.

two pricks cancel each other out LOL, anyhow, back to studying for real this time. bottom line is, kobe is gonna be making 20+ million this year, going home tohis hot wife, while im at home studying in my closet for a room so at the end of the day, i can care less about these guys, its all for entertainment.whatever, im out later.

Originally Posted by HANNIBEL SMITH

laugh.gif
It's a damn shame when grown %$+ men are so concerned about an NBA player, (whom none of you Know) Personality. Ya'll sound like school girls over this %+$#, fareal .
eyes.gif

actually you are totally correct. back to studying....

Back
Top Bottom