2009 Oakland Athletics Season Thread:Rickey Henderson in Cooperstown...No. 24 Jersey Retired 8/1

Originally Posted by 49ers650

RIP Nick.
Does anyone know who's throwing the first pitch if anyone for the pre-game on Fri?
Maybe Rickey? Idk, this is the only thing I could find --
logo_oak_79x76.jpg
pr_header.gif

[table][tr][td]
04/07/2009 10:49 AM ET

A's honor fallen Oakland Police officers before Friday's home opener

Team to wear 'OPD' patch on home white uniforms entire 2009 season
[/td] [td]

[/td] [/tr][/table][table][tr][td]
F4Z3kdYq.gif

The Oakland A's home white uniforms will feature an OPD patch on the sleeve for the entire 2009 season.

more_coverage_oak.gif

[table][tr][td]A's Headlines[/td] [/tr][tr][td]
trans.gif
[/td] [/tr][tr][td]
MLB mourns Adenhart; game postponed
[/td] [/tr][tr][td]
Late-game drama goes A's way vs. Angels
[/td] [/tr][tr][td]
A's Holliday continues battle with flu blug
[/td] [/tr][tr][td]
A's Devine needs more tests
[/td] [/tr][tr][td]
A's offense gets redemption vs. Angels
[/td] [/tr][tr][td]• More A's Headlines[/td] [/tr][/table]

ADVERTISEMENT

[/td] [/tr][/table]
print this page | [b]e-mail this page[/b][img]http://oakland.athletics.mlb.com/images/webtools_email.gif[/img]

OAKLAND, Calif. - The Oakland Athletics will host a special tribute prior to the A's 2009 home opener Friday, April 10, for the fourOakland Police officers who were tragically killed March 21. Sgts. Mark Dunakin, Ervin Romans and Daniel Sakai and Officer John Hege will be honored during aspecial pre-game ceremony before the Oakland A's vs. Seattle Mariners 7:05 pm game at the Oakland-Alameda County Coliseum.

This emotional tribute to the fallen officers will begin at 6:30 pm (gates open at 5:05 pm) and will include over 50 Oakland Police officers. The Colorguard, the unfurling of the large American flag and the National Anthem will be performed by local officers and a flyover will feature two fighter jets fromNAS Lemoore. A plaque will be presented by A's players to the Oakland Police Chief Howard Jordan.

In addition, the Oakland A's home white uniforms will feature an OPD patch on the sleeve for the entire 2009 season.

Members of the Oakland Police Department will be at designated locations throughout the Coliseum during the home opener to collect monetary donations fromfans for the officer's family trust funds. Funds will also be raised through player donations, the A's Silent Auction behind section 120 and a speciallaw enforcement ticket offer for the three-game Seattle series. A's Owner Lew Wolff and principal partner John Fisher will match the funds raised duringthe A's home opener and an equal donation will be made to each of the officer's families or charity of choice.

"On behalf of the entire Oakland A's organization, our deepest condolences go out to the members of the Oakland Police Department and the familymembers of the officers involved in this terrible tragedy," said Wolff. "These officers served as security during many of our games throughout theyears. Our hearts and prayers go out to all law enforcement officials who dedicate their lives to the public safety of our neighborhoods and citizens. Weappreciate the job they do every day protecting our community."

Thanks, that's cool of the organization. Damn, all they have is the All-You-Can-Eat tickets (as the cheapest) left. Anyone going tomorrow?

RIP Nick.
tired.gif

And I want to go tomorrow SO BADLY but I got class till 3 and I'm located in SLO. It's usually about a 3 hour drive, plus I'm going to have to dealwith traffic, so it doesn't look like I'll be able to make it.
smh.gif

I hope the weather clears up tomorrow.

Hopefully we continue to get solid starting pitching and generate some consistent offense during this homestand. A's games haven't been the mostexciting over the last couple seasons, so if we can get this offense cranking it would help generate fanfare.

Anderson makes his debut tonight. Wish I could see the HD games, but I'm at least thankful for CSNCA. Gotta love being able to watch 145 games this season.

Lovin' the last two offensive efforts. Now with Holliday back, we should be able to put up some runs with consistency .

smh.gif

Anderson can't catch a break. A walk, 2 broken bat singles leading to a 5 spot.

edit:
damn 0-4, 1 RBI w/ the bases loaded as a team so far
sick.gif

ehh.. too many wasted opportunities

good crowd on hand, coulda made a big statement with a victory.

edit:
After a shaky start Anderson pitched great.

Good to see the kid show some composure.

I'm headed to the Boston game on Tuesday, I hope. Anyone else catching that one?

And should I bother with the bullpen jacket?

It seems really warm, but the price ($119.99) seems steep. Opinions?

Back
Top Bottom