2009 official Pac-10 football post

Originally Posted by CP1708

Originally Posted by Chester McFloppy

LOS ANGELES -- Quick facts from the Pac-10 before media day begins. Bet some of these surprise some folks:
  • The Pac-10 has a winning record vs. every BCS conference since 2000. Yes, even that one down yonder.
  • The Pac-10 is 9-2 in BCS bowls since 2000.
  • The Pac-10 has the highest all-time bowl game winning percentage of all FBS conferences.*

pimp.gif
USC does WORK!!!
eek.gif

USC won 5 bowl games last season!!!! GOOOOO USC!

LOLNOTANATIONALCHAMPIONSHIPSOITDOESNTMATTERLOLIMLAMELOL

LOS ANGELES -- Quick facts from the Pac-10 before media day begins. Bet some of these surprise some folks:
  • The Pac-10 has a winning record vs. every BCS conference since 2000. Yes, even that one down yonder.
  • The Pac-10 is 9-2 in BCS bowls since 2000.
  • The Pac-10 has the highest all-time bowl game winning percentage of all FBS conferences.*

pimp.gif
USC does WORK!!!
eek.gif

Now if only the so-called U could do the same.

I, CP1708, by quoting this and making a witty remark referring to the Pac-9 or any witty remark related hereby confess thatthe Miami Hurricanes suck regardless of their history.

Nope, SC got theirs, and the rest won some meaningless bowl games and pumps the facts up best they can.

Show me those BCS wins, tell me how many of em ain't USC. Thanks, bye

Originally Posted by 541 Exile 562

Marvin Jones - (RS) FR - WR : I don't trust Boateng, so I see him becoming Cal's #1 receiving threat, that and I saw him a little bit in HS and he looked dangerous. It also looks like he chose #1, which means he's probably talented but also kind of an a**hole. I don't have much else to go by but that.
2790166307_b7794c1b24.jpg

pimp.gif
I want to see Marvin get some burn this year.

Nope, SC got theirs, and the rest won some meaningless bowl games and pumps the facts up best they can.
Bowl games aren't meaningless. But good try, though... C+ for effort.

And yeah, we know the way CP thinks... "blah blah blah champion blah blah blah".

This isn't some league where there's only 32 teams. Bowl games mean something, and your opinion on the matter blows donkey @+*%.

And yeah, we know the way CP thinks... "blah blah blah champion blah blah blah".

This isn't some league where there's only 32 teams. Bowl games mean something, and your opinion on the matter blows donkey @+*%.
daa16b1673039904f86ea3a42e2c8b41a0f8c0e7.gif

Pac 9 got the crap kicked outta them all year last year, even you're own folk said so, then they won 5 nothing bowls and all of a sudden they the toastof the sport. Same ol, same ol.

Take SC out all them stats, and you guys got NOTHING. Period. Face it.

And CP, it's not your fault. If I had my way, we'd have a WAYYYYYYYYY better way to determining National Champions than just the rankings, SoS,computer, etc... a playoff system would be amazing so people could actually see the match-ups they want to see.

Instead of going "well so and so would beat so and so" we'd actually HAVE those match-ups, and cross-conference games, and some way to judgeteams.

It sucks because some teams *COUGH*OHIO STATE*COUGH* always come into the season ranked high as +#@@, lose the one tough game on their schedule, win out thenplay in a BCS game in which they get absolutely obliterated.

If there were some sort of better system in place, I would agree with you 100% on the NC argument. In other sports, the championship is all that matters... noall-stars, no 66-game seasons, nothing... but CFB is a different beast in itself.

/endrant

^
Yeah I agree on that, it's part of why I don't see the drama in getting hyped over bowl games and what not. I get they're important to theschools, I get they mean something to fans, but to be the elite of the elite, you want it all, or damn near close to it every single time.

Hence my beef with the conference. SEC, Big 12, Big 10, and even the down ACC (though, not this current configuration) have teams that have battled for yearsand years. Ohio St, though highly overrated, ALWAYS in there. Mich (usually), Ok, Texas, damn near 9 SEC teams,
laugh.gif
sick.gif
always in that mix.

Not in this one. They have a team make a nice run. UO in 2000 or 01. (Year you beat Colorado) Cal was tough, Wash in the early 90's. But then theyturn to crap the next year or five. They can't sonsistently put out dominant teams for 10-12 year stretches. All those schools I mentioned have and willagain.
But SC is the one that always ups them numbers. That ain't hate on me, ya'll know it.

541 Exile 562 wrote:

No one from ASU or WSU really stood out for me.

dexter davis not good enough for you? back-to-back years 10+ sacks

2007: 10.5 sacks
2008: 11 sacks

dexterdavis.JPG
PHP4930DAB328C78.jpg

Originally Posted by khoanizi

541 Exile 562 wrote:

No one from ASU or WSU really stood out for me.

dexter davis not good enough for you? back-to-back years 10+ sacks

2007: 10.5 sacks
2008: 11 sacks

dexterdavis.JPG
PHP4930DAB328C78.jpg

Yo sorry, I meant there weren't really any players I knew a whole lot about that also fit the criteria I was looking for. I didn't wantto put a player from each team just for the sake of listing 10 guys, I wanted to list players who piqued my interest for one reason or another.

As for this whole Pac-10 discussion :

As long as USC remains as by far the most dominant out of conference team in the nation, Pac-10 supporters will continue to argue that USC would have hadthis kind of dominance in any other 10 team conference. You're sick of us defending ourselves? Don't let SC beat the SEC west champion by 40 points.Don't let them win the national championship in the most convincing fashion we've seen in decades. Don't let them win every. single. BCS game. byan average of 35 points. Don't let every single "high-caliber" match-up they have with the SEC, or the ACC, or the Big-10, turn into a completelet-down where the opposing team's manhood is taken from them late in the 3rd quarter. That's all we ask.

Look at the ACC the past 8 years. Give me one good reason why USC wouldn't have won it every single year. Or the Big Ten. Or the Big East. Look at howsoft Ohio St. is out of conference compared to their own conference and tell me the Big-10 doesn't deserve more criticism than the Pac-10.

Q : Just how dominant would USC have to be against teams outside their own conference to convince you they'd bejust as dominant anywhere else with the exception of the Big-12 or the SEC?

Originally Posted by ninjallamafromhell

Stop that.

Originally Posted by Mr Fizzy Womack

Originally Posted by ninjallamafromhell

Stop that.
9af367531bee78610ce496f10c4dff24eed4991d.jpg

Originally Posted by Matt Barkley Heisman Number 8

Originally Posted by Dwadefan

Arizona being 8th
laugh.gif

Pac-10 will see.

who cares youll finish 4th at best playing in some meaningless gowl game.

yeah but the point is to make a somewhat realistic prediction. UW above zona is a joke. Arizona will be better than that, they have a solid squad.

Arizona being 8th
laugh.gif

Pac-10 will see.

At least we don't do shady things like you're program. USC basketball hiring KO just makes me laugh at your program even more.

Arizona being 8th
laugh.gif

Pac-10 will see.

At least we don't do shady things like you're program. USC basketball hiring KO just makes me laugh at your program even more.
Word.

It's like we're a football school or anything
grin.gif

But when they make those additions to the stadium
pimp.gif

Thread revival. What are your thoughts so far on the season for the Pac-10?
My rankings so far
1. USC
2. Cal
3. Oregon State
4. UCLA
5. Arizona
6. Arizona State
7. Washington
8. Oregon
9. Stanford
10. Washington State

I'm putting USC on upset alert. Washington will play them down to the wire on saturday and I'll go as far as saying I got Washington winning.

The line is USC -21. Jump on it quick.

I agree that it could be a trap game for USC thinking Washington is a weak team. Washington played LSU tough first week and isn't a team to over look, I amtorn on whether I want them to lose though. Ideally I would like both USC and Cal to go undefeated til they play Oregon St., then have the Beavers beat 2highly ranked teams and move up into the Rose bowl position, but any day USC loses is a good day.

Originally Posted by 651akathePaul

I'm putting USC on upset alert. Washington will play them down to the wire on saturday and I'll go as far as saying I got Washington winning.

The line is USC -21. Jump on it quick.

Yup, USC better not take the dawgs softly. Locker is about to play his heart out but it still won't be enough, our defense is just
sick.gif

How you gonna let IDAHO throw for 300 something yards
roll.gif
roll.gif
roll.gif
sick.gif

Back
Top Bottom