2010: Drake 2011: J. Cole 2012: Kendrick 2013: ??? Vol. Who got next

that's not too far fetched. it's like this to me:
1.A$AP Rocky
2. Chief Keef
3. Schoolboy q
4. Joey Badass
i put Chief Keef 2nd because his music is just ****** infectious. he could have a year run off the strength of his movement this year and a debut album w/ solid hype songs.
it's Rocky's to lose though, per say

This but I disagree with Joey, not because he isnt good but because these teeny boppers aint trying to hear the type of rap he does
Chief Keef is looking like he can blow fastest but not past Waka's status
A$AP n Q could be household names if they play their cards right tho

Joey Bad***** is too "underground,, backpack rap" for a major label release that could compete w/ Drake, J Cole or Kendrick numbers

I think the Weeknd's release or A$AP will be pretty big.

As long as it's not Chief Keef (and Reese, Fredo, etc etc by association), I'm fine with anybody. Seems like it'll be an A$AP Rocky year though, and if LongLiveA$AP & Lords Never Worry are any indication, I'm fine with that.

the-weeknd.jpg

Last edited:
This but I disagree with Joey, not because he isnt good but because these teeny boppers aint trying to hear the type of rap he does

You could have made the same argument for Kendrick prior to this year and would have been wrong. Artists like Cole and Kendrick have proven you can make good music and sell without catering to the Teeny Boppers.

My wishlist of cats that would finally receive the recognition in 2013 for their
smokin.gif
ness :
Dom Kennedy
Add-2
XV

Personally i'm thinking A$ap rocky signing with that label was a bad move. He was suppose to drop like 3 times this year. Album is pushed back until 2013 & now they dropped the FORCED club hit " F***** Problem" & instead he's dropping the mixtape now. While i do believe the mixtape will be GREAT. IDK if he sustains a big enough buzz to be that artist this year.

I can also see Schoolboy Q really about to EAT

You could have made the same argument for Kendrick prior to this year and would have been wrong. Artists like Cole and Kendrick have proven you can make good music and sell without catering to the Teeny Boppers.
Kendrick plays with a lot of harmonies and stuff. That attracts more fans because melodic generally = catchy. i.e. *****, Don't Kill My Vibe, the "no way" part in Money Trees, Blow My High, etc. Joey straight up just gets east coast *** beats and gets really technical on them the whole time. he's nowhere near as musical as Kendrick is what I'm really getting at. That makes a huge difference.

Personally i'm thinking A$ap rocky signing with that label was a bad move. He was suppose to drop like 3 times this year. Album is pushed back until 2013 & now they dropped the FORCED club hit " F***** Problem" & instead he's dropping the mixtape now. While i do believe the mixtape will be GREAT. IDK if he sustains a big enough buzz to be that artist this year.
I can also see Schoolboy Q really about to EAT

asap just doesnt have maintstream ability with his hooks and what not... that label ****** up

The thing is i def think he has ALL the appeal to be a big mainstream artist.... his hooks & melodies actually carry a lot of his tracks to me. His label just has to let him grow and make HIS music. That 2chainz/Drake/Kendrick seemed way too engineered.... as opposed to goldie which sounded more like A$ap style

The thing is i def think he has ALL the appeal to be a big mainstream artist.... his hooks & melodies actually carry a lot of his tracks to me. His label just has to let him grow and make HIS music. That 2chainz/Drake/Kendrick seemed way too engineered.... as opposed to goldie which sounded more like A$ap style

they only made that song cuz goldie didnt catch on tho... he needs help with his hooks...

Exactly I'm going for Joey Badass in 2013...

But i wouldnt say Kendrick was backpack... Very different in the sense that hes rapping with purpose but he has always been able to make catchy hooks and had a fun vibe about his music.

IMO Joey sound just sounds like 1996 THATS NOT GONNA WORK. he's young tho so hopefully the sound broadens

I would say Dom Kennedy. His fanbase is rising slowly but surely as he consistently provides solid music

Either asap or the weeknd. And Jody has no shot at #1 but he's consistently getting better

Back
Top Bottom