2010: Drake 2011: J. Cole 2012: Kendrick 2013: ??? Vol. Who got next

1. And Based on a TRU story was 2Chainz major label debut
2. Better music is subjective. Go outside and most people will tell you a good number of songs with 2Chainz they like and probably only give you Swimming Pools or ADHD for Kendrick. Kendrick didn't have that grind. And could care less about his sales. If you want to make arguments like that 2 Chainz sold more singles.
Stop being a **** boy.
don't pop a blood vessel ya little penis.

1. if you just gonna get mad and throw around insults because someone blatantly disagrees with you then what does that make you?
2. please...tell me how much less you could care :D
3. i say it was Kendrick's year. most people in here agree. so go make your own thread to cry in. :lol:
4. i'm OP...i made the criteria. 2Chainz doesn't fit my criteria for this being his year. Kendrick sold more, made better music with genre shifting implications.

Did my post personally hurt you? Based on that logic, you'd exclude J.Cole from 2011, and Drake from 2010. 2Chainz isn't considered a new artist. Artists in general build some type of buzz (regardless of independent albums/mixtapes) and if they get really hot and somebody takes notice, they'll be on the charts sooner or later. 2Chainz may not have been none to the general public as he is now, but since 2000, he's been on plenty of major label albums, including Luda, I-20, the DTP compilations, and his own 2 Playaz Circle albums, which weren't even that long ago. 2Chainz has been on hip hop's radar for a very long time before he dropped his debut, so in no way is he a new rapper. Neither Drake, Cole nor Kendrick have been on the radar long before their debuts dropped.
*****, fall back. He's considered a new solo artist whether you like it or not. And drake a had plent of buzz before he dropped.

Are you this mad in real life? And if you are, why? Are you 2Chainz publicist? He's not a new rapper plain and simple. Red Cafe and Uncle Murda can change their names, gain buzz and drop a high charting solo debut, but that doesn't at all make them a new artist.

1. And Based on a TRU story was 2Chainz major label debut
2. Better music is subjective. Go outside and most people will tell you a good number of songs with 2Chainz they like and probably only give you Swimming Pools or ADHD for Kendrick. Kendrick didn't have that grind. And could care less about his sales. If you want to make arguments like that 2 Chainz sold more singles.
Stop being a **** boy.
don't pop a blood vessel ya little penis.

1. if you just gonna get mad and throw around insults because someone blatantly disagrees with you then what does that make you?
2. please...tell me how much less you could care :D
3. i say it was Kendrick's year. most people in here agree. so go make your own thread to cry in. :lol:
4. i'm OP...i made the criteria. 2Chainz doesn't fit my criteria for this being his year. Kendrick sold more, made better music with genre shifting implications.

And I'm just re-quoting for emphasis so "silkboi" can catch another aneurysm.

Trinidad Jame$
He just posted a picture with Ross on Twitter

Ross really is going to make sure MMG locks down the next 10 summers if it kills him

Rockie & Stalley still have debuts to drop and Wale and Meek are hip hop heavyweights at this point

He keeps a cycle of buzz on his team

OP got it right. Drake -> Cole > Lamar...Next?

Gotta go A$AP. Thought Diggy would be next but his window already closed. Literally.

He could have been the Bieber of the rap game and blew it basically

So.....I'm guessing OP forgot that 2Chainz ran 2012?

2-chainz-u-did-that.jpg

Dude was on almost every track on Urban radio, got signed to Kanye, and debuted with a number 1 album.
But will he be relevant in 4 years?

Saying 2 Chainz is a "new" artist is nearly equivalent to saying Pusha T is a "new" artist...and you know damn well you wouldn't call Pusha T a new artist.

2 Chainz had two major label albums (DTP/DefJam) when he was in Playaz Circle.

That disqualifies him from the new artist category, end of discussion.

Gotta go A$AP. Thought Diggy would be next but his window already closed. Literally.

what did Diggy do?

and yes 2 Chainz is not a new artist just because he's using a different stage name

Are you this mad in real life? And if you are, why? Are you 2Chainz publicist? He's not a new rapper plain and simple. Red Cafe and Uncle Murda can change their names, gain buzz and drop a high charting solo debut, but that doesn't at all make them a new artist.
****** really still being lame.

On a mainstream level this was definitely 2 Chainz and Tyga's year more than Kendrick's. But if we're talking about a NEW artist breaking through then it's gotta go to Kendrick.

****** really still being lame.

How and why are you still mad?

Saying 2 Chainz is a "new" artist is nearly equivalent to saying Pusha T is a "new" artist...and you know damn well you wouldn't call Pusha T a new artist.

Thank you. "silkboi" over here acting like Romney. Admit this L and move on already :lol:

Thank you. "silkboi" over here acting like Romney. Admit this L and move on already :lol:
I'm not mad. Stop being a **** boy. This is his first major debut as a "solo artist" and where he has gained notoriety. If anyone actually watches the Grammys and how they consider a nominee for Best New Artist, you can be on your third album and still be nominated. Just take the L and worry about next year fam.

I'm not mad. Stop being a **** boy. This is his first major debut as a "solo artist" and where he has gained notoriety. If anyone actually watches the Grammys and how they consider a nominee for Best New Artist, you can be on your third album and still be nominated. Just take the L and worry about next year fam.

This means absolutely nothing, and pretty much negates your original argument :lol: :lol:

Not a single person here even is even dismissing 2Chainz' accomplishments for this year, it's just plain and simple that he isn't a new artist in general, and doesn't fall under the new artist label based on OP's original question. Is Juicy ? a new artist to you too? Pusha T like malikdagoat mentioned? If Kool G Rap changed his name, got a hot song and dropped a high charting album, would he be a new artist to you?

And just cause you seem to skim over everybody's posts, try reading these again:

On a mainstream level this was definitely 2 Chainz and Tyga's year more than Kendrick's. But if we're talking about a NEW artist breaking through then it's gotta go to Kendrick.

what did Diggy do?
and yes 2 Chainz is not a new artist just because he's using a different stage name

Last edited:
Back
Top Bottom