2010 NBA allstar game to be in new Dallas stadium.

Originally Posted by RyGuy45

inside this new stadium (via the Dallas Morning News) will be the world's biggest HDTV. Jerry's monstrosity is 160' x 70', putting that bad-boy at over 11,000 square feet.

The $35 million price tag is higher than than the entire price of building Texas Stadium in 1971.
nono.gif

laugh.gif
laugh.gif
Siiiiiiick.

watching basketball in a football stadium sucks......i've experienced it......but then again, the people that go to the all-star game aren;t there to watchthe game anyways

Originally Posted by LazyJ10

Originally Posted by lakersmets49ers

Originally Posted by BoutMyMoney333

Should be hot, but they need to bring it back to the east coast.

i was going to tell you stop complaining thinking they just had an all star game in the northeast recently but your right there hasn't been an all star game out there since philly 2002

and to the guy wanting the game in sacramento
roll.gif
thats never going to happen, this isn't the 1990's anymore where small citys like utah and so actually get to host all star games anymore.
Fail.
And hosting the winter games was no small feat.
you really think utah would get another all star game?? theres no way any of the all star weekend partys or stuff like that go down in utah. trustme, i went to some of the all star partys out here in la, and have heard about some of the stuff that went down all star weekend in houston, vegas, and neworleans, its pretty much against everything utah stands for.

also sacramento will never get an all star game due to arco arena being old, if they get a new arena theres a small chance they might eventually get a game buteven then its still doubtful. all star games tend to go to big markets with newer arenas. besides if northern california gets an all star game again it makessence to have it at the oracle instead.

besides for a city like utah theres a huge difference in hosting skiing, and figure skating compared to as bill simmons calls it, hosting the black super bowl.

My point was, Salt Lake City, isn't "small", their religion and overall culture would be more of a limiting factor than anything else.

The Maloofs could pull off an All Star game if they receive a new arena.

UTAH ISNT A CITY.

slc is a big city but it would be a limited all star game with numerous players deciding to miss the game with phantom injuries and what not.

IF they receive a new arena and thats the big IF, im not sure how much progress has been made on that since i last checked but last time i checked they weregoin nowhere and nowhere fast with that.

AWWWREADY!!! Thats 8 minutes from my apt. Best believe I will be there.

Hm, I will still be attending UT by that time. Best believe I will be making my 3 hr trip to Dallas.

Originally Posted by lnMyMind

/\ who the @#$# wants to go to Sacramento?

seriously though, i'm from sac and I read that and
smh.gif
....so they're bring all start weekend to pac man? jerry jones better put him on a space craft

Originally Posted by lnMyMind

/\ who the @#$# wants to go to Sacramento?
laugh.gif

Seriously though. I thought my distaste for Sacramento was uncommon, but apparently its not.

Back to the point. I could see them fitting a good 120K people in there.

Too many black people in one place...Dallas will be lit up.
It's also mildly freaking ridiculous that Toronto, Portland, and Sacramento haven't hosted an all star game.

Originally Posted by RyGuy45

inside this new stadium (via the Dallas Morning News) will be the world's biggest HDTV. Jerry's monstrosity is 160' x 70', putting that bad-boy at over 11,000 square feet.

The $35 million price tag is higher than than the entire price of building Texas Stadium in 1971.

nono.gif

woooooow

I'm pretty sure Sacramento is about to get a deal through...finally. Seriously though its supposed to be at the Cal Expo. So i think after we get a newarena the ASG in Sacramento isnt exactly an entirely crazy idea. Plus the NBA loves the Maloofs, so im sure they could put on a good weekend.

Originally Posted by Nowitness41Dirk

Originally Posted by DiPlOMaT007

that place is huge just saw that on espn , how many can fit in there
80,000 for regular football games... 100,000 for the Super Bowl... They haven't announced how many for basketball yet...

Im sure that number will go up.

Originally Posted by rck2sactown

I'm pretty sure Sacramento is about to get a deal through...finally. Seriously though its supposed to be at the Cal Expo. So i think after we get a new arena the ASG in Sacramento isnt exactly an entirely crazy idea. Plus the NBA loves the Maloofs, so im sure they could put on a good weekend.

Could have like cow tipping contests and sh**.

Doug Christie could host a backboard knock down with jumpers contest.

Would be a lotta fun.

Can't wait.

It's been 18 years since we've (Miami) gotten an All-Star game and it's about time we get another. In my opinion Miami is perfect for these type ofevents, we have a relatively new and modern arena, we have the perfect party scene, and the players and celebs love to come down here.

Originally Posted by rck2sactown

I'm pretty sure Sacramento is about to get a deal through...finally. Seriously though its supposed to be at the Cal Expo. So i think after we get a new arena the ASG in Sacramento isnt exactly an entirely crazy idea. Plus the NBA loves the Maloofs, so im sure they could put on a good weekend.

im sure the maloofs would rather have their all star game in vegas though if they had the choice between vegas or sacramento.

Originally Posted by outacontrol music

Originally Posted by Nowitness41Dirk

Originally Posted by DiPlOMaT007

that place is huge just saw that on espn , how many can fit in there
80,000 for regular football games... 100,000 for the Super Bowl... They haven't announced how many for basketball yet...

Im sure that number will go up.
fox sports radio said to expect capacity to be around 50000 for a basketball game. no idea why but im guess a lot of seats would just be too faraway so they will be covered

Back
Top Bottom