2010 NBA Trade Deadline thread

Depends which Caron you get... He ain't all that different from Josh...

Originally Posted by Nowitness41Dirk

Butler>>>>>>>>>>>Howard in every aspect of the game and im sure everyone will agree.

Whaaaaaaat?

He's been down a tad this season, but I think he's an upgrade overall.

Yea i get what you are saying but i think that him getting out of that dump in washington will get him playing like an allstar again.

We gotta get Haywood or this deal doesn't do much. Butler is pretty good. Not the answer by himself though, which is why they need Haywood to be involved in this deal. But overall, Butler is a more natural scorer than Howard. I've never been a fan of Howard, even during his prime. Just his entire game seems unnatural, from his jump shot to his scoring moves to his horrible ball handling. Howard is a guy who came into the league as a role player with low-risk potential and developed into a 17-18 ppg guy. He exceeded his ceiling and doesn't have the natural ability to maintain that level of play IMO.

C. Butler aka Tough Juice >>>> J. Ho by far. CB has heart, and will give the Mavs a element of toughness that they don't have. I hope it goes down.

Originally Posted by Billy Hoyle

Butler>>>>>>>>>>>Howard in every aspect of the game and im sure everyone will agree.
When Josh is healthy? They're not far apart at all...

Caron hasn't played at a very high level for two years now...

Marc Stein reporting Haywood IS in the deal.

Mavs, Wizards talking multiplayer deal
Comment Email Print Share
By Marc Stein
ESPN.com
Archive

The Washington Wizards and Dallas Mavericks are closing in on a multi-player trade that will launch Washington's long-anticipated rebuilding project in earnest and send Wizards mainstays Caron Butler and Brendan Haywood to the Mavericks, according to sources close to the situation.

Although the deal could take until Monday to be finalized, sources said that the teams have essentially agreed on the principal pieces: Butler, Haywood and DeShawn Stevenson to Dallas for Josh Howard and Drew Gooden.

The Mavericks must add additional low-dollar contracts to the deal to make the salary-cap math work -- candidates include Tim Thomas, Quinton Ross and James Singleton -- but are not expected to surrender prized rookie guard Roddy Beaubois in the swap.

More on the Mavs

News, notes and analysis of the Mavericks from ESPNDallas.com's Jeff Caplan, Tim MacMahon and the rest of our team. Blog.

Sources told ESPN.com that the teams' negotiations only grew more serious and, barring an unexpected late snag, will result in the trade that will serve as the first major domino to fall to loosen things up in advance of Thursday's annual trading deadline.

Several sources with direct knowledge of the teams' discussions said Friday that the teams were closing in on a final trade construction that will enable Washington to truly launch its rebuilding efforts, realize significant financial relief in the midst of a disastrous season and achieve all those aims without giving up forward Antawn Jamison, which is the Wizards' preference.

The possible acquisitions of Butler and Haywood, meanwhile, would be a welcome spark for the sputtering Mavericks, with Butler moving into the spot vacated by Howard and Haywood arriving as another rim-protecting defensive anchor in the wake of a knee injury that has compromised the effectiveness of Mavs center Erick Dampier.

Acquiring Haywood and having the chance to re-sign him this summer would likely fill the void Dallas thought it filled last summer, when the Mavs signed Orlando center Marcin Gortat to a lucrative offer sheet, only for the Magic to unexpectedly match the offer to the restricted free agent.

Washington would inevitably want Beaubois added to the deal, but Mavs owner Mark Cuban said earlier this week that his young point guard is "pretty much untouchable" as Thursday's trade deadline approaches. But sources say the Wizards are gaining so much payroll and luxury-tax relief -- while also keeping Jamison -- that they couldn't pass on Dallas' offer.

The Wizards have been talking to several teams for weeks about deals involving Butler and Haywood, most notably Houston with Tracy McGrady's $22.5 million expiring contract. But talks with Dallas had stalled in the past week, partly because of Washington's insistence that the Mavericks take guard Stevenson in any Butler deal.

The potential for acquiring two front-line players -- since Butler and Haywood would immediately become key rotation players for Dallas -- renewed the Mavs' interest and convinced them to relent on Stevenson.

Speaking to a group of reporters Thursday, Cuban said: "We kind of know the parameters [under] which we would make a deal. If somebody meets our parameters, we'll pull the trigger. But if not, we're not going to do it. I don't see us doing something just to do something because that'll kill our flexibility this summer. But in the event that there's somebody that really upgrades our talent and really makes our team better, then maybe we'll do it."

Marc Stein is a senior NBA writer for ESPN.com.

So they flip Caron, Haywood and Stevenson to Dallas... Flip Antawn to Cleveland or wherever... And they're stuck with Gil for eternity
laugh.gif

Best they can do at this point, I guess...

dissapointed
smh.gif
...yes I know we had to let go of Butler/Jamison..and Haywood....2 focal points of our team...what great players

gotta look toward the future

Cleveland Cavaliers intensify trade talks for Phoenix Suns All-Star Amare Stoudemire
By Brian Windhorst, The Plain Dealer
February 12, 2010, 7:45PM

Phoenix Suns All-Star Amare Stoudemire, right, could be teammates with Cavaliers center Shaquille O'Neal if a deal is completed.

According to multiple league sources, the Cavs are getting serious in trade talks for Stoudemire, who is averaging 21.2 points and 8.6 rebounds.

Dallas -- At the moment, All-Star Weekend is turning into an elaborate game of Spy vs. Spy.
The amount of information and disinformation flying around is at a fever pitch as teams jostle for position in escalating trade talks. The Cavaliers, as would be expected, are right in the middle of it.
According to multiple league sources, the Cavs have put their interest in forwards Troy Murphy and Antawn Jamison on the back burner for the moment and are getting serious about a higher-profile name, Phoenix Suns All-Star Amare Stoudemire.
Cavs General Manager Danny Ferry and Suns General Manager Steve Kerr, former teammates and friends who have already collaborated on big deals, met this afternoon in Dallas. Suns owner Robert Sarver and Cavs owner Dan Gilbert are also in town and are on the labor relations committee that met.
Sources indicate the Cavs, who first started talking to the Suns about their high-profile big man last month, are advancing talks to bring him to Cleveland.
It is possible there are discussions that would make it a larger deal. The Arizona Republic reported earlier this week that the Suns were hoping to get a team to take the contract of guard Jason Richardson in addition to Stoudemire to complete any deal. That has been a sticking point in talks with other teams, but it isn't clear whether the Cavs would be willing to swallow such a package.
They have the assets to pull it off if they are able to use Wally Szczerbiak in a sign-and-trade deal and the expiring contract of Zydrunas Ilgauskas. The Suns are also believed to be interested in J.J. Hickson, who has had a breakout sophomore season.
Sources said the Cavs have advanced in discussions with the Pacers as well and could make a deal for Murphy if other deals fall thought. The Cavs still maintain an interest in Jamison and Yahoo! Sports is reporting they are competing with the Boston Celtics to trade for him.
The Wizards, according to multiple reports, appear to be headed for their rebuilding as a deal to send forward Caron Butler to the Dallas Mavericks for guard Josh Howard may be getting close.
But for now, it seems the Cavs have eyes for Stoudemire. It is a stunning situation considering Stoudemire didn't mesh with Shaquille O'Neal last season when both were with the Suns. He's averaging 21.2 points and 8.6 rebounds this season. He has one year at $17.6 million left on his contract but can opt out of it and become a free agent.

Originally Posted by xcg11pinoYx

dissapointed
smh.gif
...yes I know we had to let go of Butler/Jamison..and Haywood....2 focal points of our team...what great players

After the Gilbert Arenas situation earlier this year, we all knew the Wizards were going to blow up the whole team. Damn shame too.

At least you guys have Ernie Grunfeld, dude knows what he's doing. The Wiz will back back up in about 3-5 years.

All these rumors and different views on diff site & sources... When is the 1st deal gonna be done !

Originally Posted by Billy Hoyle

josh fam soooooooooooo 
indifferent.gif

Originally Posted by nycknicks105

Originally Posted by xcg11pinoYx

dissapointed
smh.gif

After the Gilbert Arenas situation earlier this year, we all knew the Wizards were going to blow up the whole team. Damn shame too.

At least you guys have Ernie Grunfeld, dude knows what he's doing. The Wiz will back back up in about 3-5 years.
I agree 100% ..Ernie has made some great moves...I can't believe I used to defend Gil's antics..I hate that man.

Knicks couldnt jump on Haywood?
smh.gif
smh.gif

Nice move by Mavs. really surprised at them moving Haywood, oh well.

Originally Posted by Size 15 Please

Originally Posted by Im Not You

Rip Hamilton would help the cavs?

I guess...

Rip has 1 ring..LeBron has 0..he needs all the help he can get
Derek Fisher has 4 rings.....

Definitely is key to the Cavs success if they trade for him
ee8268c1f31fbe7cbf8a3a8af9b8fbc6c5b6c3b2.gif

Originally Posted by COOLnificent

Originally Posted by I NaSmatic I

Imagine seeing LeBron and Maggette on a break.
sick.gif
Imagine all of the travels not being called
sick.gif
roll.gif

On a side note, Billy Hoyle needs to log off and forget his password.  This dude is one of the dumber S&T posters I've seen in some time...
smh.gif

EDIT: Damn.  Amare looks good in a CAVS uni.
laugh.gif
pimp.gif
embarassed.gif
grin.gif
nerd.gif

Back
Top Bottom