2010 NBA Trade Deadline thread

Man I don't know of a lot of players available that are worth possibly screwing up the Cav's chemistry.

Originally Posted by I NaSmatic I

http://twitter.com/PDcavsinsider
PDcavsinsider Rumors all over Dallas that the Cavs are close to a deal with the Pacers for Troy Murphy. At this point, not true. Still on table, though.

laugh.gif
 i forgot Troy was in the league..hows he doin?

Originally Posted by Size 15 Please

Originally Posted by Im Not You

Rip Hamilton would help the cavs?

I guess...

Rip has 1 ring..LeBron has 0..he needs all the help he can get
dumbest logic i've ever heard in sports forum.

Butler-to-Mavs 'looks like it will go through'
Posted on: February 12, 2010 5:56 pm
Edited on: February 12, 2010 6:02 pmScore:

DALLAS -- After weeks of discussions, taking the Wizards through various trade proposals that would put them on the path to rebuilding, Washington has revived a deal that would send Caron Butler to the Mavericks for Josh Howard, CBSSpports.com has learned.

The deal "looks like it will go through," according to a person with direct knowledge of the discussions. The Butler-for-Howard scenario was revived in the past 48 hours after Dallas owner Mark Cuban initially balked at the idea, the source said.

The Wizards were deeply involved in discussions with Boston that would've sent Butler and Brendan Haywood to the Celtics for Ray Allen, but that deal apparently died for a combination of reasons. The Wizards were reluctant to include Antawn Jamison in the swap, and the Celtics were concerned about taking on large contracts as they try to position themselves to remain a threat down the stretch and also to improve in future seasons.

Barring a snag, Butler would add to the Mavs' offensive potency -- assuming he will return to his previous All-Star level with a change of scenery.

Howard was virtually a lock to be traded before the Feb. 18 deadline because he's unhappy with his role and has a team option for next season at $11.8 million.

Please hurry and make this happen..

No Haywood?
nerd.gif

No Haywood.

Tim Thomas or Quinton Ross will be included according to Woj.

Not a bad pick up. Too bad you guys have to stomach Stevenson, though

my uncle was at some thing in down town and said he was with bun b,he said he will send me the pics later so i will post when i get them.

MEH... Only thing I like about this trade is it doesn't kill their cap flexibility... Other than that... MEH.

Originally Posted by outacontrol music

Wizards near completion of trade that sends Caron Butler and DeShawn Stevenson to Dallas for Josh Howard and one other player, source says.

i just read it was declinded by dallas? now its almost complete?

The Mavericks appear to have agreed on the major points of a trade that will send Josh Howard, Drew Gooden, Quinton Ross and James Singleton to Washington for Caron Butler, Brendan Haywood and DeShawn Stevenson.

The deal is not done. But a source said that the pieces of the trade have been tentatively agreed upon.

The trade would require league approval, which could take until after All-Star Weekend.

The Mavericks and Wizards have been trade partners before, when Dallas acquired Devin Harris and Jerry Stackhouse for Antawn Jamison in 2004. That was a trade that both teams viewed as a success.

Washington apparently has become resigned to the fact that Haywood, their center who is having a solid season, would not re-sign this summer when he is a free agent.

That, plus the fact that the Wizards will save a ton of money if the deal goes down, is their motivation.

The Mavericks drafted Howard in 2003 and he has enjoyed great successes, although he has been prone to controversial moments.

He's been struggling this year to recover from off-season ankle surgery but has played well lately. Next season, his contract is a team option, which could yield a payroll savings of $11 million for the Wizards.

--Eddie Sefko

Which is it?
nerd.gif
nerd.gif
nerd.gif

GIVE US HAYWOOD!

Damn shame that Singleton has a trade exception, could be Kidd trade all over again,
smh.gif

I hope Haywood and Dampier could co-exist if we did get him

Originally Posted by JapanAir21

Damn shame that Singleton has a trade exception, could be Kidd trade all over again,
smh.gif
what do u mean...

^Ooooook. I always thought the trade exception had something to do with money and cap space.

I just heard on ESPN radio that ESPN and Stein is still reporting it would be JHo, Gooden, and probably 2 other players in return for Haywood, Butler, Stevenson

What a poster said about the trade, from what he heard.

Originally Posted by rck2sactown

smh.gif
what do u mean...
he can veto the trade.

He wont though. Dude just wants playing time, he wont pull a Devean George.

Marc Stein will discuss the latest on this on 103.3 ESPN Radio in Dallas @ 7:40 tonight.

Also, this from the Dallas Morning News

http://mavsblog.dallasnews.com/archives/2010/02/mavericks-on-verge-of-trading-josh-howar.html

[table][tr][td]
[h3]Mavericks on verge of trading Josh Howard[/h3]
[/td][/tr][tr][td] [/td][td]5:20 PM Fri, Feb 12, 2010 | Permalink |  /l.yimg.com/ds/orion/1.0.14/img/badge-logo.png)">http://l.yimg.com/ds/orio...0.14/img/badge-logo.png) no-repeat left top; LEFT: 0px; WIDTH: 16px; CURSOR: hand; POSITION: absolute; TOP: 0px; HEIGHT: 16px">Yahoo! Buzz
Eddie Sefko/Reporter    Bio |  E-mail  |  News tips[/td][/tr][/table]
The Mavericks appear to have agreed on the major points of a trade that will send Josh Howard, Drew Gooden, Quinton Ross and James Singleton to Washington for Caron Butler, Brendan Haywood and DeShawn Stevenson.

The deal is not done. But a source said that the pieces of the trade have been tentatively agreed upon.

The trade would require league approval, which could take until after All-Star Weekend.

The Mavericks and Wizards have been trade partners before, when Dallas acquired Devin Harris and Jerry Stackhouse for Antawn Jamison in 2004. That was a trade that both teams viewed as a success.

Washington apparently has become resigned to the fact that Haywood, their center who is having a solid season, would not re-sign this summer when he is a free agent.

That, plus the fact that the Wizards will save a ton of money if the deal goes down, is their motivation.

The Mavericks drafted Howard in 2003 and he has enjoyed great successes, although he has been prone to controversial moments.

He's been struggling this year to recover from off-season ankle surgery but has played well lately. Next season, his contract is a team option, which could yield a payroll savings of $11 million for the Wizards.

--Eddie Sefko

Yesss,A line up of:

Haywood
Dirk
Matrix
Butler
Kidd

Looks pretty good.Butler has the perfect skillset and attitude this team needs.
I think they should go after another player still,something is missing.

Back
Top Bottom