2010 NBA Trade Deadline thread

if Bosh were to go to Miami, I'd give you that.

my point at the beginning was, no team Lebron goes to will be in need of completely rebuilding.

He's worth 50 wins with whoever he signs with. Then it's up to his supporting cast/coaches/front office to determine if they'll be a 55 win team, or a 60 win team. And if they'll only be a 2nd round exit or a legit contender.

And to get to that point, if you do, it's not taking years. Cleveland fans think that just because it took them this time, to build up a team with teenage LeBron, it will take the same time to do it with a 25 year old version.

Why are you knick fans getting so excited for,tmac will average a but load of points again but your team will not get to the playoffs again and will not for at least 4 more years.
Lebron is not going to go to that sorry excuse for a team,dwade and bosh will not either.
They all want that chip and know that ny is not the place to get it.
You all are living in fantasy land.

If Lebron signs with the Cavs, Bosh & Wade stays with their team or go elsewhere other then New York. Great. We'll still have loads of $ to build a team this year or next year. Goodbye Cav fans

basically. all most knicks fans ever wanted was to be given some direction and cap room and to get out from under these horrible contracts that were given out for the past decade. If it means LeBron or Wade or Bosh...great. If Not, we'll live..it'll still be in a better position than when Walsh took over.

Originally Posted by frankthekingdtx

Why are you knick fans getting so excited for,tmac will average a but load of points again but your team will not get to the playoffs again and will not for at least 4 more years.
Lebron is not going to go to that sorry excuse for a team,dwade and bosh will not either.

Originally Posted by Big J 33

What people don't seem to realize is NY fans have bought into rebuilding and the free agent class of 2010.  Lebron leads the class and is obviously the most desired player on the planet, why wouldn't they get excited at the hopes of him potentially coming.  But with or without Lebron, the team and fans just want to get better, and for the first time in awhile there's management in power and we've bought into rebuilding, any and everything else is just hype and anticipation.
People just don't get it.

Everyone can laugh at the Knicks for their struggles the past 10 years and rightfully so, the franchise was grossly mismanaged for most of that time.  But the team will get better, either this free agency or the next, this team will be sitting on a lot of cap space and very quickly could go from bottom dweller to playoff team.

Cavs fans are giving their supporting cast and coaches too much credit.  Lebron took certified bums to the finals in 07, you seriously don't think if you put him in D'Antoni's offense, with another FA, and the young Knicks, that they'd be a top team in the east?  Just because it took the Cavs this long to put together a team around Lebron that might actually win a championship, doesn't mean it's going to take another team equal time to do the same. 

I just legitimately want to know from Cavs fans if they truly believe Lebron on the Knicks wouldn't be a top 3-4 seed in the east.  I'm not trying to "be a hater" or any nonsense you guys always claim, I just want to know if they think their team is that good without Lebron.

my point at the beginning was, no team Lebron goes to will be in need of completely rebuilding.
+1

however, i cant see him making this team a contender on his own. In one year.

Originally Posted by frankthekingdtx

Its not getting T-Mac were getting excited about, its about dumping Jeffries's contract. If this trade goes through, we have the cap space to sign two max free agents.

You put Lebron on the Knicks, we definitely making the playoffs. It just the matter of adding the right pieces around him so we can be a championship caliber team.

The east is going to be wide open soon. Celtics are on the downside, Orlando and Atlanta are solid, but beatable. I can see Miami moving up next year if they sign Bosh like many are predicting here.

Originally Posted by C5A5D5A5

+1

soooo what?

the year after we have 20 mil coming off teh books to play with plus the CBA will bring prices down. there is no one year ultimatum this is chess not checkers

Originally Posted by Al3xis

basically. all most knicks fans ever wanted was to be given some direction and cap room and to get out from under these horrible contracts that were given out for the past decade. If it means LeBron or Wade or Bosh...great. If Not, we'll live..it'll still be in a better position than when Walsh took over.

Originally Posted by DubA169

+1

soooo what?

the year after we have 20 mil coming off teh books to play with plus the CBA will bring prices down. there is no one year ultimatum this is chess not checkers

indifferent.gif

Originally Posted by mYToAsterspeak

ok smart people what size do the knicks have, what catch and shoot players do the Knicks have other than that white boy, who on that team plays D, who is the hustle man cause Lee would be gone, who on that team would Lebron trust with the ball, the coach don't understand the word defense, it's a word from another galaxy to him, who on that team would other teams respect so Lebron won't go one on one all night. What does NY have to offer basketball wise, forget all the stuff outside the arena, I'm talking about on the court. What does NY have to offer basketball wise that no other team can't. I'll be waiting, and don't include Lee, Robinson, or Harrington, cause they all will be gone
OK lets say worse case scenario Jeffries and Curry stays
Now taking D'antonio offense into account
you would have Lebron, Chandler, Gallinari, Hill, Jeffries, Douglas  .. chances are either Lee or Robinson would be retained so lets go with robinson .. then there's the Knicks high second round pick plus they would still have enough cash to bring in a second tier player in addition to going into the season with two major expiring contracts .. seeing that thing right now are all doom and brimstone going into the negotiations for the new CBA chances are more than one team is going to have a firesale
So regardless of how its spun the Knicks have enough in place with or without Lebron to build a team that can compete for a championship

Now if you were to break down their needs and this is all hypothetical if say the stars align and Lebron decides to sign ... I would say it's four things first an athletic defense minded bigman for that you could sign someone like Camby for a one or two year investment while Hill either pans out or becomes a bust ... Secondly you need a second scorer this is where both Chandler and Gallinari come in .. I'm guessing the reason why they didn't sign or trade for a big time scorer as of yet is because they were hoping that one if not both of them would step up .. Don't know so much about Chandler but Gallinari has shown he's capable of this but he'll probably needs another year or two that is if he ever becomes a constistant scorer at all .. Then third you have to decide what Lebron's role in the system is going to be is a wing or is he the pg chances are if he signs with the Knicks he's going to have to play a similar pg/wing hybrid since as of right now their aren't any avaible pgs as far as I know to play the role Nash did in fact someone like Lebron and to a lesser extent Joe Johnson is most suited for this role .. so most likely this spot will be filled by a defensive guard ... Forth you need a scorer off the bench, this is the easiest of the four since Nate seems to be more willing to play within this role

Other than that it's just a matter of filling out the roster with role players and using Jeffries and Curry's expirings next year to turn into a reliable second scorer if they can't be unloaded this year

but anyway.. too much focus on the knicks

[h1]Blazers Offer Blake, Outlaw For Camby[/h1]
Feb 15, 2010 7:47 PM EST

Camby_Marcus_lac.jpg
The Blazers are offering Steve Blake, Travis Outlaw and likely cash to Clippers for Marcus Camby, league source tells Yahoo! Sports.

The Clippers are attempting to attach the contract of Sebastian Telfair in the deal, but Portland appears unlikely to agree to such a deal.

Telfair began his career with the Blazers.

Wilson Chandler does not suck. You're crazy.

Surrounded by good talent that kid would excel. He's only 23 and in his second year anyway.

Originally Posted by Cicero Avenue Dopeman

Damn its alot of Knick hate goin on in this thread
laugh.gif
smh.gif
It's 'cause it's NY. NY basketball fans aren't even inflated in their expectations or demands yet everyone acts like we collectively say something as far fetched as some fans of other teams. It's BS.

Originally Posted by Bigmike23

Wilson chandler sucks tho so u can stop talking about him been a young player with talent
he's not short on talent. It's about assertiveness.

once he got over his injury early this year, he's been puttin up 17 and 5 on 50% + shooting since the start of December. And he's still 22.

Originally Posted by agold1002

he thought of the Knicks needing to be completely rebuilt is laughable,
LeBron steps in and they are a top 2-3 team in the East with Orlando
and Atlanta next season.

roll.gif
please tell me what teams you could see finishing above a LeBron James led team in the East next season....Bobcats? Raptors? Heat? Bulls? Celtics are sunday morning rec gym ballers at this point.

This would also apply to the Nets or anyone else as well.

if lebron goes to the knicks they are a top 3 team in the east behind atlanta and orlando....and they dont get past either of them if they get the chance to play them. they dont make a deep playoff run and they are not a threat unless lebron is averaging 45 points a game....thats alteast for his 2011 to 2012
sounds like the Cavs up to this point.

ok smart people what size do the knicks have, what catch and shootplayers do the Knicks have other than that white boy, who on that teamplays D, who is the hustle man cause Lee would be gone, who on thatteam would Lebron trust with the ball, the coach don't understand theword defense, it's a word from another galaxy to him, who on that teamwould other teams respect so Lebron won't go one on one all night. Whatdoes NY have to offer basketball wise, forget all the stuff outside thearena, I'm talking about on the court. What does NY have to offerbasketball wise that no other team can't. I'll be waiting, and don'tinclude Lee, Robinson, or Harrington, cause they all will be gone
Wilson Chandler and Danilo Gallinari are both better young players than anyone on the Cavs roster under the age of 27 by next season. Are they not?

David Lee is as good of a #2 option than anyone on the Cavs....but you say he'll be gone? I guess that would mean Bosh or Amare would be here, I think they'd do okay.

'Antoni doesn't understand defense, Mike Brown doesn't understand offense. It's a wash.

so much crap and speculation in these 66 pages i had to stay out for the most part.  i cant argue with a lot of the things you say but this last line isnt true.  mike brown might not understand offense but someone on that coaching staff must.  the offense is pretty smooth and for having more of a half-court centered game, we average the second highest points per game in the east.  we also are #2 in points our opponents score.  top 2 in defense AND offense in our conference.  thats not bad at all

i do agree w you tho, no matter what team lebron is on will be decent.  lebron isnt the 18 year old we got when he averaged 20/5/5.  hes 25 and just now entering his prime.  rebuilding anywhere wont take as long as it has his career here.  not saying hes going anywhere but him now >>>>> him in 2003

Back
Top Bottom