2010 NBA Trade Deadline thread

Originally Posted by mYToAsterspeak

Lebron could leave and I wouldn't give a *##+ long as we sign SOMEBODY good, I'm a Cavs fan not just a Lebron fan, I'm also a fan of the NBA first

We'll see if this rings true after he leaves CLE.

Originally Posted by mYToAsterspeak

Lebron could leave and I wouldn't give a *##+ long as we sign SOMEBODY good, I'm a Cavs fan not just a Lebron fan, I'm also a fan of the NBA first

what in the hell does cleveland have to offer if lebron leaves?...

Originally Posted by Kn0wledgeable

Originally Posted by Al3xis

if the Cavs have to settle on Troy Murphy or Antwan and they lose in the playoffs...

IMO, he's out the door. What would be worth staying for? it's not exactly a roster geared towards the future.

Amare would change a lot of things.

COSIGNNNNNNNNNNNNNNNNNNNNNNNnn

if the cavs get anyone and end up losing in the playoffs, then it's pretty automatic in my opinion that lebron will leave. there will be NO POINT at all in staying

Originally Posted by Mitchellicious

There is no way on God's green Earth that Amare Stoudemire deserves a $20 million a year contract. Someone needs to sit him down and talk some sense into him. And dude's agent's name is Happy. Damn right he will be if he gets that amount of money. Ridiculous.

This is fundamentally what's wrong with the NBA, stupid people paying stupid contracts. The new CBA should involve a pay scheme that rates players in tiers based on talent. The only players that should earn a max contract in the league are Kobe, LeBron, Wade, CP3, Howard & maybe Melo & Durant. That's Tier 1. Every player after them should fall into a tier group and get paid accordingly. Somebody like Hollinger would have to create some BS formula to get this to actually work, but nobody should be seeing Tier 1 unless they play their way into it and/or show the same leadership qualities as those mentioned above.

Note: I'm not counting older guys that are way past their prime or younger guys that haven't proved a lot yet.

i think the warriors or cavs are the only teams dumb enough to offer him 20 mil.....well based on those teams contracts history

If they end up trading for Jamison rather than Amare, they're pretty well tapped out cap-wise for the next couple of years, no?

[h1]Nuggets Make Attempts For Big Ben, McDyess, Jordan[/h1]
Feb 15, 2010 9:33 PM EST

Wallace_Ben_det.jpg
The Nuggets apparently have recently tried to make trades for DeAndre Jordan, Antonio McDyess and Ben Wallace, but were unsuccessful with each pursuit.

RealGM Note: Denver is looking for a big that can play 15-25 minutes per night and provide insurance in case they incur an injury to Nene, Marcus Camby or Chris Andersen.

what?

Originally Posted by C5A5D5A5

he thought of the Knicks needing to be completely rebuilt is laughable,LeBron steps in and they are a top 2-3 team in the East with Orlandoand Atlanta next season.

roll.gif

please tell me what teams you could see finishing above a LeBron James led team in the East next season....Bobcats? Raptors? Heat? Bulls? Celtics are sunday morning rec gym ballers at this point.

This would also apply to the Nets or anyone else as well.

im calling it now if the amare to cleveland happens one of the big three will go down with a serious injury...my guess amare

it's true. any team with lebron is an automatic top 3-4 team in the east. lebron and david lee alone is already a top 3 team in the east
roll.gif

Originally Posted by C5A5D5A5

he thought of the Knicks needing to be completely rebuilt is laughable,
LeBron steps in and they are a top 2-3 team in the East with Orlando
and Atlanta next season.

roll.gif
please tell me what teams you could see finishing above a LeBron James led team in the East next season....Bobcats? Raptors? Heat? Bulls? Celtics are sunday morning rec gym ballers at this point.

This would also apply to the Nets or anyone else as well.

if lebron goes to the knicks they are a top 3 team in the east behind atlanta and orlando....and they dont get past either of them if they get the chance to play them. they dont make a deep playoff run and they are not a threat unless lebron is averaging 45 points a game....thats alteast for his 2011 to 2012

ok smart people what size do the knicks have, what catch and shoot players do the Knicks have other than that white boy, who on that team plays D, who is the hustle man cause Lee would be gone, who on that team would Lebron trust with the ball, the coach don't understand the word defense, it's a word from another galaxy to him, who on that team would other teams respect so Lebron won't go one on one all night. What does NY have to offer basketball wise, forget all the stuff outside the arena, I'm talking about on the court. What does NY have to offer basketball wise that no other team can't. I'll be waiting, and don't include Lee, Robinson, or Harrington, cause they all will be gone

An on the brink of retirement pair of centers? A 35 year old shooting guard or the bi-polar one? A pair of UNC rejects?

Mo Williams, JJ Hickson, and Andy Varejeo...what a great core.
Harsh

Why all the talk that lebron goes to NY,its not going to happen..!

Cavs gets Stat then they both sign long term deals that will pretty much make them cavs the rest of their careers and thats that.

That's actually a good point; How do Knicks fans feel about D'Antoni going forward? It's already been proven that his philosophy fails in the playoffs(Suns), so would it detract from the Knicks' appeal in the Summer?

I guess you can always fire him though

Back
Top Bottom