2010 NBA Trade Deadline thread

I think we'll see a lot of action tomorrow before games are played: teams can't have guys get hurt and ruin the possible trades. And the guys heavily involved in rumors won't be looking right out there.

I can't sleep so I gave a trade idea a shot.

34phvdg.jpg

Suns probably want another big, but I have no idea how much they are valuing Hawes over there in Sacto. Suns get Martin/1st for Amare which smokes the Hickson/1st. Kings get a nice young center to put next to their young talent. I'm just annoyed that Sacramento is taking in more $ than they are shipping out. I probably shouldn't post ideas half asleep.

Umm, why would the Celtics need to be involved in a deal like that.

The Kings and Suns would be able to get a deal like that done without getting the C's involved.

Originally Posted by 18key

Originally Posted by enrique23

ESPN NBA- Ric Bucher: Trail Blazers acquire C Marcus Camby from Clippers for F Travis Outlaw and G Steve Blake
for F Travis Outlaw and G Steve Blake
for ... G Steve Blake
1042gl4.gif

This is the best news all day, words can't describe how glad I am that Steve Blake is outta Portland. The only problem is that Portland should not get rid of Outlaw, dude is way more dynamic than Webster or Batum and is clutch when it counts.  Blazers have way to many dudes putting up perimeter shots, they should have dealt away Webster or Rudy who are both in some of their biggest slumps.  Oh well at least Bayless will get his time now and I don't have to hear from these other %!%**%+ Portland fans about how Blake is the best option at PG  

I think it should be a rule that nobody is allowed to post completely random #@! screen caps of deals you made using trade machine from here on out.  It's getting ridiculously out of hand.

This thread was good at one point before dudes came in here posting absolutely meaningless things that would only go down on video games, if that.

Keep this thread flowing with REAL scenarios/potential news...

Originally Posted by airblaster503

Originally Posted by 18key

Originally Posted by enrique23

The only problem is that Portland should not get rid of Outlaw, dude is way more dynamic than Webster or Batum and is clutch when it counts.
Yup. I've always liked Outlaw. If it hadn't been rumored for what seems like 20 years that he'd be traded, I'd be a little more upset. But, with Batum in the starting spot, I'm not mad we still have Webster... as much as I'd rather have traded him than T.O.
Still, getting rid of Blake is worth it. Bayless finally gets more playing time, and Roy will learn to adjust to playing with Miller. I hope.
Also, I cant wait to see Camby suit up for us. We finally have a vet that can help out Howard when it counts, instead of throwing our rookies into pressure situations and hoping it doesnt take a toll on them if they get worked.

Originally Posted by NobleKane

ok that article up there further boggles the mind as to why the suns dont trade amare to miami. beasley and first round pick > jj hickson and big z(big z would come back to cavs

its prolly miami not wanting to trade beasley.... beasley is like 16/6 right now and amare is 20/8... beasley can still grow as a player, has not really been injured and is 10mill cheaper then amare...

^ its going to happen..be on the lookout tommorow

The thunder doesnt believe kevin durant can be a centerpiece for a franchise. They are worried that he is too frail, and are looking at the big picture. They feel NBA contact will have a toll on his body down the road, so they dont want another shaun livingston on their hands, and you cant blame them. As tough as it is for Mitch to give up sasha, he has to do it. its a big risk taking back durant and his 60lb frame but he has shown flashes here and there. i dont know why the kings do this deal tho, doesnt make sense..maybe they just want morrisons expiring and believe they can suck enough for johnwall sweepstakes. the clippers get a great deal, they giv up an injury prone pf who hasnt even stepped foot on an nba court for a serviciable big who doesnt even make 1 mil a year. lakers make the biggest risk imo. Reke is only a rookie, and who knows if he can mesh well with kobe, and he might hit a rookie wall like jennings...Durant weighs as much as my 12 year old brother, and Blake hasnt even played yet.
ohwell.gif

DO IT MITCH
pimp.gif

Originally Posted by I NaSmatic I

Originally Posted by Banks2Pierce

BTW, why isn't Toronto shopping Bosh? They don't see the writing on the wall?
They're reasoning is that they are on good enough terms with Bosh that they can get him to do a sign and trade this summer. Will give Bosh the extra year (thus the extra money) and the Raptors can get more for him than now with teams low balling them. Plus the team is naive enough to think they can do damage in the postseason.
laugh.gif
Yeah, sure.

American hubris is an amazing thing, "writing on the wall." Rich.
roll.gif

The thunder doesnt believe kevin durant can be a centerpiece for a franchise. They are worried that he is too frail, and are looking at the big picture. They feel NBA contact will have a toll on his body down the road, so they dont want another shaun livingston on their hands, and you cant blame them. As tough as it is for Mitch to give up sasha, he has to do it. its a big risk taking back durant and his 60lb frame but he has shown flashes here and there. i dont know why the kings do this deal tho, doesnt make sense..maybe they just want morrisons expiring and believe they can suck enough for johnwall sweepstakes. the clippers get a great deal, they giv up an injury prone pf who hasnt even stepped foot on an nba court for a serviciable big who doesnt even make 1 mil a year. lakers make the biggest risk imo. Reke is only a rookie, and who knows if he can mesh well with kobe, and he might hit a rookie wall like jennings...Durant weighs as much as my 12 year old brother, and Blake hasnt even played yet
Not funny...at all.
indifferent.gif

Originally Posted by NobleKane

ok that article up there further boggles the mind as to why the suns dont trade amare to miami. beasley and first round pick > jj hickson and big z(big z would come back to cavs
I really don't get it either. for whatever reason miami wants to hold onto beasley tight. I guess Z's contract in more valuable then anything, but then why don't they go after jermaine contract.

theres too much information out there right now. updates every minute. I don't like it to be honest
laugh.gif
hopes go up, down, up, down

Originally Posted by EnEyeKayEe

I think it should be a rule that nobody is allowed to post completely random #@! screen caps of deals you made using trade machine from here on out.  It's getting ridiculously out of hand.

This thread was good at one point before dudes came in here posting absolutely meaningless things that would only go down on video games, if that.

I know right?!!!

Spoiler [+]

laugh.gif
 j/k n-i-k-e

Originally Posted by imINchucks5

The thunder doesnt believe kevin durant can be a centerpiece for a franchise. They are worried that he is too frail, and are looking at the big picture. They feel NBA contact will have a toll on his body down the road,
grin.gif
the NBA is hardly a contact sport at the moment.

They don't want him as a centerpiece?
alien.gif

Hold up.  Did this fool Bucher just stick his foot in his mouth AGAIN??? 
roll.gif
roll.gif
roll.gif
roll.gif

And to that,
roll.gif
 for the Clippers wanting to make a deal for a player that is currently injured.  I guess since they always end up killing players anyways, why not just start adding them to the roster already on the injured list eh? 
laugh.gif

Originally Posted by h3at23

Originally Posted by EnEyeKayEe

I know right?!!!

Spoiler [+]

laugh.gif
 j/k n-i-k-e
laugh.gif
roll.gif
pimp.gif

And someone finally deciphered what my SN stands for...

3517jvp.jpg

Back
Top Bottom