2010 NBA Trade Deadline thread

Originally Posted by Black Jesus

Nike?
nerd.gif
laugh.gif
j/k n-i-k-e
It was in h3at's spoiler, but yeah.
pimp.gif

We all knew it meant Nike man, what talkin about? 
FALSE...

And I'm antsy as a mofo right now...I can't take this trade deadline BS...
mad.gif
laugh.gif
...FTR, the only reason I want to trade J.J. is for Amare.  Any other deal involving both Hickson and Z and I will question it to no end...
nerd.gif

i thought it was some sort of chant you guys do to keep lebron in CLE
6iqzpk.jpg

N-I-K-E

wow i didn't notice that lol. i thought it was some sort of chant you guys do to keep lebron in CLE

Originally Posted by DubA169

wow i didn't notice that lol. i thought it was some sort of chant you guys do to keep lebron in CLE

laugh.gif

The funniest part about that LeBron/Miami trade that heat posted... is that after trading LeBron, the Cavs projected wins only go down by 7.
laugh.gif

Hoopdata.com has a good piece up about the potential caproom NY would have. 2 max FA's, their youngsters, a 2M FA and the rest minimum type deals.

WHAT THE @+%$ IS CHICAGO'S FRONT OFFICE DOING IN THE MIDST OF ALL OF THIS????

JUST SITTING AROUND WITH THEIR HANDS ON THEIR PENIS'S HUH?!?!?!?!?
smh.gif

Originally Posted by EnEyeKayEe

I think it should be a rule that nobody is allowed to post completely random #@! screen caps of deals you made using trade machine from here on out.  It's getting ridiculously out of hand.

This thread was good at one point before dudes came in here posting absolutely meaningless things that would only go down on video games, if that.

Keep this thread flowing with REAL scenarios/potential news...

Says the Cavs fan after a proposal where Cleve doesn't get Amare.
laugh.gif

Originally Posted by Seymore CAKE

smh.gif

SUPPOSEDLY they're offering Kirk & Tyrus for Amare, but I don't think that's gon be enough though in Phoenix eyes.  Throw in Loul and maybe they will take the bait.  Funny thing is that Amare says he prefers Miami due to the warmer climate.  Whether he goes to Miami or Cleveland there's NO guarantee that either Lebron or Wade will stay with the teams though. 

Originally Posted by Da R Entertainment

smh.gif

SUPPOSEDLY they're offering Kirk & Tyrus for Amare, but I don't think that's gon be enough though in Phoenix eyes.  Throw in Loul and maybe they will take the bait.  Funny thing is that Amare says he prefers Miami due to the warmer climate.  Whether he goes to Miami or Cleveland there's NO guarantee that either Lebron or Wade will stay with the teams though. 

Its a good chance that both would resign, especially Wade, all he's asked is that they get him some help to assure a chance to compete for a chip.  Bringning in Amare would do that.

As far as my Bulls go, everyday I lose more and more faith in this front office.
tired.gif

Originally Posted by franchise3

Hoopdata.com has a good piece up about the potential caproom NY would have. 2 max FA's, their youngsters, a 2M FA and the rest minimum type deals.

it's all about you guys taking jefferies. I wana slip the rockets money under the table and get this over with
devil.gif

laugh.gif

Nah, that was just the last straw.  You yourself, admitted it was dumb.

Now that the trade deadline is up in the next 4 days, when I come in here and I would assume the mass majority are expecting to get scoop on potential news/actual deals (like this thread was originally intended for)...not trades that wouldn't even go down in NBA 2K10.

Originally Posted by EnEyeKayEe

laugh.gif
Nah, that was just the last straw.  You yourself, admitted it was dumb.

Now that the trade deadline is up in the next 4 days, when I come in here and I would assume the mass majority are expecting to get scoop on potential news/actual deals (like this thread was originally intended for)...not trades that wouldn't even go down in NBA 2K10.

Nah, I hear you. Funny to me how no info comes out before 12 eastern. Most that work in the league operate on that nocturnal schedule.

smh.gif

Its a good chance that both would resign, especially Wade, all he's asked is that they get him some help to assure a chance to compete for a chip.  Bringning in Amare would do that.

As far as my Bulls go, everyday I lose more and more faith in this front office.
tired.gif

C'mon Seymore you know how it goes, different year same sorry front office

Well supposedly Walsh is holding out for this years' Rockets 1st rounder. Considering the Rockets might not make the playoffs, no thanks.

Originally Posted by CP1708

We all knew it meant Nike man, what talkin about?

I'm saying
laugh.gif
 it's not that hard to decipher.

http://[h3]
[h3]The race for Amare[/h3]
10:46AM ET

[h5]Amare Stoudemire | Suns | Interested: Heat?, Cavaliers? [/h5]

[h5]Final suitors for Amare[/h5]
  • Miami. It's his perferred spot, and the Heat really want him. But right now, the Suns want better parts in return.
  • Cleveland. Stoudemire is OK with heading to the Cavs, he'd have a shot at a title and they can trade back young J.J. Hickson in return.
  • Philadelphia. The Suns would like Andre Iguodala, but the Sixers have been reluctant to part with him. Consider them the darkhorse in this race.

As the trade deadline stands just two days away, it appears it's come down to a two-horse race for the services of Amare Stoudemire between Cleveland and Miami.

As has been the case since last week, ESPN's Marc Stein reported last night that the heat are "coming hard" after Stoudemire, according to a source.

The Heat are now trying to find a third team to involved in a trade for Stoudemire, as they've yet to put together a package the Suns are agreeable to just yet.

The Cavs, as we've previously noted, are prepared to part with Zydrunas Ilgauskas' expiring contract, young up-and-comer J.J. Hickson and draft considerations.

Miami is Stoudemire's first choice, and there have been questions raised about whether he'd want to play on the Cavs or not.

Brian Windhorst of The Plain Dealer says that's not true and wrote on his Twitter account: "Contrary to reports, sources say Stoudemire has not told the Cavs he doesn't want to play in Cleveland."

And Adrian Wojnarowski of Yahoo! Sports tweet this: "Source close to Stoudemire says he's completely open to Cleveland, loves idea of playing with LeBron James and has never indicated otherwise to Cavs. Would Stoudemire prefer trade to Miami? Yes, but has no say and understands he has a chance for title run in Cleveland and then free agency."

And as far as those who say a Shaquille O'Neal-Stoudemire frontcourt didn't work last year and won't work this year, Stoudemire tweets this: "I play very well with Shaq. I averaged more points last year with him and played better D. You guys can stop saying we don't play well together."

ESPN's Chad Ford and J.A. Adande have more on a Shaq-Stoudemire reunion.

ford_chad_30.jpg
[h5]Chad Ford[/h5]
Cavs could trade Shaq
"Even if the Cavs get Stoudmire, they might attempt do a secondary trade to obtain Antawn Jamison or Troy Murphy to fill the need for a 4 who could stretch the floor with his shooting. Given that the Cavs have concerns about well Stoudemire and Shaquille O'Neal would fit together, the team would consider moving Shaq if it acquired Amare. For instance, the Cavs could swap O'Neal and their first-round pick to Washington for Jamison and Mike Miller. They could send the same package to Indiana in a deal for Murphy and Mike Dunleavy."
[/h3]

adande_j.a._30.jpg
[h5]J.A. Adande[/h5]
Porter's system hurt Stoudemire's game with Shaq
"It's not that Stoudemire couldn't play well next to O'Neal; he didn't play as well next to O'Neal under Terry Porter's system. Stoudemire did just fine with Shaq in the house while the Suns were running Mike D'Antoni's offense. Since Shaq didn't start playing for the Suns until the first game after the All-Star break in 2008 it's very easy to look at life with and without the Diesel. Before the break Stoudemire averaged 23.2 points on 59 percent shooting. After the break, playing alongside O'Neal, Stoudemire upped his scoring average to 28 points per game while maintaining that 59 percent field goal percentage ... The next season Porter took over and made establishing O'Neal in the low post a priority. It altered Steve Nash's game, altered Stoudemire's scoring, and knocked the franchise so far off-kilter that they abandoned the experiment, ditched Porter at the All-Star break, moved Alvin Gentry down the bench and reinstated Seven Seconds or Less ... There's risk involved for the Cavs in acquiring Stoudemire. They would be altering the chemistry of a team that produced the best record in the league so far, a group that's riding a 13-game winning streak. Stoudemire is not a strong individual defender or defensive rebounder. But the notion that O'Neal's mere presence on the court hinders Stoudemire is erroneous. If anything, it would be even less of an issue in Cleveland since O'Neal isn't a focal point of the offense there."

stein_marc_30.jpg
[h5]Marc Stein[/h5]
Suns OK with Beasley
"Although the Heat have first-round picks available to sweeten any Stoudemire deal -- with the Suns hoping to come away with at least one first-rounder if they decide to trade Stoudemire this week -- sources say Phoenix has no interest in taking back Jermaine O'Neal's hefty expiring contract because, at $23 million, it requires more players to be worked into the deal than the Suns are comfortable with. Yet one source insisted Monday night that the Suns have not ruled out taking back forward Michael Beasley as part of a Stoudemire deal. The Heat -- after carefully preserving their salary-cap space for months -- are suddenly pushing hard to make a big trade splash now if possible instead of waiting for free agency in July and gambling on the idea that they can lure a marquee name such as LeBron James or Chris Bosh to South Beach to flank Dwyane Wade."

http://[h3]Contenders won't follow Cavs?[/h3]
10:31AM ET

[h5]Joe Johnson | Hawks [/h5]

The Cavaliers are expected to make a major trade by Thursday, but Hawks guard Joe Johnson doesn't think the rest of the East contenders will follow.

"Probably not," Johnson told The Atlanta Journal-Constitution Monday. "A lot of the top teams, when you look at Boston and Orlando, they are pretty much set where they are at and feeling like they can win a championship with what they got."

And what about the Hawks?

"I think we're solid," Johnson said. "With what we got, we've got to be real scrappy and want it more than the next team. That's the only way we are going to get over the top. We can't come out relaxed or being too cool. We have got to come out and hit first every night."

http://[h3]Vujacic hopes opportunity knocks[/h3]
9:53AM ET

[h5]Sasha Vujacic | Lakers [/h5]

Sasha Vujacic knows the Lakers have included him in their trade talks with other teams. He also is aware that he's not having a good season, but believes it will improve if he gets the playing time.

"I'm a Laker and I'm proud of it," Vujacic told The Orange County Register. "There are ups and downs. This year, I didn't play as much. If opportunity knocks at the door this second part of the season and I play now, I'm ready and I'm excited. But whatever comes within the next couple of days, we can't control that."

Teams are reluctant to acquire Vujacic because he's signed though next season when he'll make $5.47 million.

http://[h3]Knicks desperate for cap room[/h3]
9:17AM ET

[h5]New York Knicks [/h5]

The New York Knicks are so desperate to have the most possible cap room this summer to go after two top-flight free agents that they are willing to trade rookie Jordan Hill and future draft picks to get it done.

The Knicks are getting close to a deal with Houston that would bring Tracy McGrady and his $22 million expiring contract to New York. The Knicks are willing to give up Hill and future picks to entice the Rockets to include Jared Jeffries in the deal. Jeffries will make $6.9 million in 2010-11.

"We've made progress," a source involved in the talks told the New York Post yesterday.

http://[h3]Nothing imminent with Murphy[/h3]
8:54AM ET

[h5]Troy Murphy | Pacers [/h5]

The Indiana Pacers are focused on the summer of 2011 when they'll finally have significant room under the salary cap. That's why they'll only trade Troy Murphy if they can get expiring contracts, young players and draft picks.

Murphy is a trade target of the Cavaliers, Bucks and Kings, but doesn't follow the rumor mill.

"I don't pay attention to the rumors," Murphy told The Indianapolis Star. "I know there's a possibility I could be traded, but as I said before, I know it's part of the business. I didn't turn my computer on and read any of the rumors while I was away over the (All-Star) break."

http://[h3]76ers unlikely to trade Iguodala[/h3]
8:52AM ET

[h5]Andre Iguodala | 76ers [/h5]

Andre Iguodala's name has been mentioned in rumors for Tracy McGrady and Amare Stoudemire, however the 76ers are probably not going to trade him. According to The Philadelphia Inquirer, a source close to negotiations said that "unless they change their position," the 76ers won't deal Iguodala and are absolutely not looking to shed salary.

General manager Ed Stefanski has maintained all along that he would not make a decision based on finances.

Iguodala has four years and $56 million remaining on his contract after this season.

http://[h3]Could Maggette be a Cavalier?[/h3]
8:48AM ET

[h5]Corey Maggette | Warriors [/h5]

The Cavaliers are targeting power forwards Amare Stoudemire, Antawn Jamison and Troy Murphy. They are also talking to the Warriors regarding Corey Maggette reports ESPN The Magazine's Chris Broussard.

According to Broussard, "LeBron James is aware of Cleveland's interest in Maggette, and sources close to him say he believes he could help the Cavaliers."

Warriors general manager Larry Riley isn't sure he will doing anything by Thursday, but he won't completely close any doors that could lead to a trade.

"There could be something that comes up at the end (of the deadline)," Riley told The Oakland Tribune. "I've got two or three balls in the air. But they're about to drop."

http://[h3]Thomas trade talk continues[/h3]
8:06AM ET

[h5]Tyrus Thomas | Bulls [/h5]

League sources tell the Chicago Tribune that the Bulls are still involved in trade talks with the Nuggets, Rockets and Spurs regarding Tyrus Thomas. The newspaper doesn't know if the Knicks' pursuit of Tracy McGrady has affected their interest in Thomas.

Thomas and head coach Vinny Del Negro do not have a good relationship, but Del Negro says both of them can coexist if a deal isn't made.

"No question," Del Negro said. "Tyrus is a guy who can help us win games. He's done it in the past. I expect him to do it if he's here. And I know he will. I don't have any issue coaching anybody."

http://[h3]Bosh doesn't think a trade is needed[/h3]
7:43AM ET

[h5]Chris Bosh | Raptors [/h5]

According to the Toronto Star, "league sources categorized the Raptors as quiet during All-Star weekend, and the overriding sense is that president and general manager Bryan Colangelo won't do anything of substance."

Chris Bosh prefers the team not making a big trade and that includes himself staying with Raptors past the trade deadline.

"I'd be happy if we didn't make a trade. I think we're playing well and the different guys we have at each position are doing well, so I don't know if we need one," Bosh said.

http://[h3]Mason open to a trade[/h3]
7:31AM ET

[h5]Roger Mason | Spurs [/h5]

Last Thursday Roger Mason said he wanted to finish his career with the San Antonio Spurs. On Monday, Mason's agent was saying something different.

"It's not a trade demand," Mark Bartelstein told the San Antonio Express-News. "It's simply, if there's an answer to the problem of not enough minutes, and everybody can come out good, they should look at that. That's all that's going on."

Bartelstein said Mason would be okay finishing the season in San Antonio if he's not traded.

"One of the things I really enjoy about working with the Spurs is you can have conversations like this, where you can find something that is good for everyone," Bartelstein said. "They really try to do the right thing by players."

A league executive tells the newspaper the Spurs may talk to the Miami Heat about Mason.

Miami would need a 3rd Team to sweetend the deal for Amare...I really hope Riley has some magic left.

Originally Posted by DubA169

i don't understand why they wouldn't want jermaines 22 mil coming off

maybe its to much because then the suns would have to throw in a nother player that they might not want to...

Like Mike said, look at all this talk the Cavs are doing this way and that way, and in the end, they'll do nothing and then use the excuse that they like the team the way it is.  They'll fold like a deck of cards in the conference finals, and Bron will be on the first plane to New York.  The end. 

"Even if the Cavs get Stoudmire, they might attempt do a secondary trade to obtain Antawn Jamison or Troy Murphy to fill the need for a 4 who could stretch the floor with his shooting. Given that the Cavs have concerns about well Stoudemire and Shaquille O'Neal would fit together, the team would consider moving Shaq if it acquired Amare. For instance, the Cavs could swap O'Neal and their first-round pick to Washington for Jamison and Mike Miller. They could send the same package to Indiana in a deal for Murphy and Mike Dunleavy."

laugh.gif
laugh.gif
laugh.gif

That was a great trade for Portland. They needed to acquire a big man to replace Oden and Joel P and got a great replacement in Camby.

laugh.gif
@ Camby actually wanting to stay with the Clippers.

Originally Posted by Bleezys and Heem

That was a great trade for Portland. They needed to acquire a big man to replace Oden and Joel P and got a great replacement in Camby.

laugh.gif
@ Camby actually wanting to stay with the Clippers.
i see that side of trade, but Camby will be gone next season. And like he said his family is happy in LA. 

Originally Posted by got shoes

i can't believe Portland gave up Travis Outlaw, fam be putting up buckets

What? Did the trade already happen, I thought they were just talking about it

smh.gif

Hinrich, Thomas, and Deng for Stoudemire ?? 
roll.gif

Have you seen the scrubs have that been rumored to go to Phoenix? and you want the Bulls to give up 3 assets.....please........

Back
Top Bottom