2010 NBA Trade Deadline thread

Originally Posted by arstyle27

Originally Posted by Da R Entertainment

Originally Posted by Seymore CAKE

WHAT THE @+%$ IS CHICAGO'S FRONT OFFICE DOING IN THE MIDST OF ALL OF THIS????

JUST SITTING AROUND WITH THEIR HANDS ON THEIR PENIS'S HUH?!?!?!?!?
smh.gif

SUPPOSEDLY they're offering Kirk & Tyrus for Amare, but I don't think that's gon be enough though in Phoenix eyes.  Throw in Loul and maybe they will take the bait.  Funny thing is that Amare says he prefers Miami due to the warmer climate.  Whether he goes to Miami or Cleveland there's NO guarantee that either Lebron or Wade will stay with the teams though. 

Hinrich, Thomas, and Deng for Stoudemire ?? 
roll.gif

Have you seen the scrubs have that been rumored to go to Phoenix? and you want the Bulls to give up 3 assets.....please........

I sincerely believe we're going to end up with the *#$% end of the stick bro
smh.gif
tired.gif

Originally Posted by got shoes

Originally Posted by Bleezys and Heem

That was a great trade for Portland. They needed to acquire a big man to replace Oden and Joel P and got a great replacement in Camby.

laugh.gif
@ Camby actually wanting to stay with the Clippers.
i see that side of trade, but Camby will be gone next season. And like he said his family is happy in LA. 
Well, that's Mike Dunleavy as GM for the Clips, jumping up for joy for the 3M in cash that was included in this deal.

While Camby may be gone next year, he still has a lot more value in a sign and trade, than a Travis Outlaw or a Steve Blake.  So, Portland gets a stop-gap at the C spot for the rest of the year, and could flip him for something else come offseason.  Win win in my book.

Just sucks for Camby since he didn't want to get dealt.

Originally Posted by CP1708

Like Mike said, look at all this talk the Cavs are doing this way and that way, and in the end, they'll do nothing and then use the excuse that they like the team the way it is.  They'll fold like a deck of cards in the conference finals, and Bron will be on the first plane to New York.  The end. 

"Even if the Cavs get Stoudmire, they might attempt do a secondary trade to obtain Antawn Jamison or Troy Murphy to fill the need for a 4 who could stretch the floor with his shooting. Given that the Cavs have concerns about well Stoudemire and Shaquille O'Neal would fit together, the team would consider moving Shaq if it acquired Amare. For instance, the Cavs could swap O'Neal and their first-round pick to Washington for Jamison and Mike Miller. They could send the same package to Indiana in a deal for Murphy and Mike Dunleavy."

laugh.gif
laugh.gif
laugh.gif

whats so funny about this?

jamison and mike miller can do damage

with that said id like to have mike miller on my team

Originally Posted by westcoastsfinest

Like Mike said, look at all this talk the Cavs are doing this way and that way, and in the end, they'll do nothing and then use the excuse that they like the team the way it is.  They'll fold like a deck of cards in the conference finals, and Bron will be on the first plane to New York.  The end. 

"Even if the Cavs get Stoudmire, they might attempt do a secondary trade to obtain Antawn Jamison or Troy Murphy to fill the need for a 4 who could stretch the floor with his shooting. Given that the Cavs have concerns about well Stoudemire and Shaquille O'Neal would fit together, the team would consider moving Shaq if it acquired Amare. For instance, the Cavs could swap O'Neal and their first-round pick to Washington for Jamison and Mike Miller. They could send the same package to Indiana in a deal for Murphy and Mike Dunleavy."

laugh.gif
laugh.gif
laugh.gif

I think he's laughing at the possibility of Shaq being on the Wizards or Pacers. Can you imagine all the quote gold that will come if that happens?

Originally Posted by Big J 33

Who/what are Chicago fans hoping to get?

We're hoping to land another superstar player to place beside Pooh and hopefully another good player as well.

The list consisted of Bosh and Wade...

To do this we need to move Kirk and Tyrus, but with this Amare situation playing out our chances are looking slimmer byt he second.

Originally Posted by westcoastsfinest

laugh.gif
laugh.gif
laugh.gif

Mike Miller and LeBron are good friends. I think he let LeBron name one of his sons or something like that.

^ Word?

I know him and TMac were best friends in Orlando, and TMac hated to see dude go.

How does Mike Miller befriend all these superstars?
laugh.gif

Originally Posted by calibeebee

Originally Posted by got shoes

i can't believe Portland gave up Travis Outlaw, fam be putting up buckets

What? Did the trade already happen, I thought they were just talking about it

I thought they were just in talks as well, there's nothing on ESPN indicating that it is a done deal. But its extremely close. Can someone please let me know how to create another line so my paragraphs arent stuck together?? - http://sports.espn.go.com...ba/news/story?id=4917644

Complete Chad Ford Chat

[h6]Chad Ford
  (12:59 PM)
[/h6]

Aloha everyone. Thanks for coming. With the NBA Trade Deadline just two days away ... LOTS to talk about. I'll try to give you updates on what's happening with all the major players in the league. Let's roll!

[h6]Mike (Poland, OH)[/h6]

If this Camby for Blake/Outlaw trade goes through, how much of a steal is it for the Blazers?
[h6]Chad Ford
  (1:02 PM)
[/h6]

Looks like it's going to happen. Teams have agreed to all the parts of the deal. Just waiting for the trade call to happen. Barring some sort of last minute breakdown, Camby's going to the Blazers. As far as a steal goes, it's pretty big. Yes, the Blazers are renting him for the season for about $3 mil in cash. However, this is a much better alternative than taking on a contract with more years left. Assuming Oden and Przybilla are healthy next year, they will no longer need Camby and won't have to pay him. They needed a big man more than they needed either Blake or Outlaw.

[h6]John (LA)[/h6]

Camby to Portland for Blake/Outlaw and cash?? Why would the Clippers make this deal without dumping Telfair or Thornton on Portland? Makes no sense for them..........
[h6]Chad Ford
  (1:04 PM)
[/h6]

$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$. Not only do they save $3 million, but there is also a salary disparity between Camby and Outlaw/Blake. They are taking back less salary than they are sending out.

[h6]Aron (Jacksonville, FL)[/h6]

Please enlighten me as to why the Suns would want to trade Amare for J.J. Hickson and cap relief. Hickson's production is nothing special, and Lebron makes him look better than he really is (which is true of everybody on the Cavs). Are the Suns this desperate? Surely not...
[h6]Chad Ford
  (1:07 PM)
[/h6]

I've been wondering the same thing. Especially since we know Miami is in the mix. The best the Cavs can offer right now is Hickson plus their first round pick (which should be about No. 29 or No. 30). The Heat can offer the same cap relief as the Cavs plus they have Michael Beasley and they have two mid first round picks. How is that not a better deal for Phoenix? Even if they don't want Beasley, two first round picks from Miami is a better deal than Hickson. That's why I'm skeptical Cleveland makes this happen unless Steve Kerr is more interested in just helping out a friend or he's still bitter about the whole Shaq deal two February's ago.

[h6]Kyle (Phoenix)[/h6]

Is there a chance the Suns retain Amare Stoudemire through this trade deadline?
[h6]Chad Ford
  (1:09 PM)
[/h6]

Highly doubt it. They seem pretty set on trading him. Stoudemire's contract demands have been pretty tough. If they are willing to trade him for Z and Hickson, then they are basically willing to give him away.

[h6]Mike (Poland, OH)[/h6]

Is Philly going to end up holding on the Iguodala?
[h6]Chad Ford
  (1:11 PM)
[/h6]

Sounds like it. Phoenix and Houston have both been trying hard to get him, but the Sixers have been pretty unresponsive. Not sure what Ed Stefanski's plan is. Not a lot of GMs want to stand pat with a high priced lottery team.

[h6]Lou (NJ)[/h6]

I read a rumor where the Sixers were a part of a 3 team deal to get Amare to Miami. We would basically be getting Beasley and cap relief for Iggy and Sammy and we turned it down??? How is Stefanski not jumping at this? We get a young building block and cap relief for 2 guys that are WAY overpaid. Seems like a no brainer.
[h6]Chad Ford
  (1:12 PM)
[/h6]

I don't understand it either. Great deal for Philly and gives Phoenix want they want the most -- Iguodala.

[h6]Simmy (Columbus, OH)[/h6]

Assume the Cavs can't get Amare, what's the best backup trade between, Jamison, Maggette, Troy Murphy? Which is the most likely to happen?
[h6]Chad Ford
  (1:16 PM)
[/h6]

I think they would rank it 1. Jamison 2. Murphy 3. Maggette However, it's still unclear whether Jamison is available. And I can't understand why the Cavs would be interested in Maggette unless LeBron is telling them he's leaving and they are trying to replace him. That's not a good fit. So I'd probably go with Murphy. He's the stretch four they're looking for, has only one more year left on his contract and I do think the Pacers would take a package of Z and Hickson for him.

[h6]Kenny (Bourbon street, nola)[/h6]

Chad, I'm dedicated to your chat. I'm writing in a question with my awful service here at mardi gras. What I want to know is: what's the latest on the pacers??? Any new Murphy info? Any possible smaller trades in the works?? Thanks, you're the best.
[h6]Chad Ford
  (1:19 PM)
[/h6]

Pacers waiting right now. Cavs, Bucks and Kings all have interest. All three can offer cap relief. I think it comes down to who will give up the best asset -- either a first round pick or a young player. Cavs have Hickson or a very late first round pick. Bucks have Ilyasova or a late lottery to mid first round pick. Kings could offer Donte Greene.

[h6]Ben (Houston)[/h6]

Daryl Morey has had a fantastic tenure as the Rockets' GM so far, but the one knock I have on the guy is his inability to close a blockbuster deal. He's great at snatching up overlooked/overachieving role players, but will the Rockets make an aggressive, swing-for-the-fences trade before the deadline? Thanks!
[h6]Chad Ford
  (1:21 PM)
[/h6]

I think they're trying with the Knicks. They'd be willing to take on Jared Jeffires contract if the Knicks are willing to part with Jordan Hill and a future first. Add a player who could help now like Al Harrington and that's as good as you could possibly get for T Mac. Now, with that said, our sources in New York and Houston are saying that while there are discussions taking place, neither side would characterize the talks as progressing or imminent. I think both sides will have to bend a bit to get something done. But it's plausible that some sort of TMac deal happens with the Knicks.

[h6]Ravi (Boston)[/h6]

What options do the Celtics have right now? Do you think Ray Allen is moved by the trade deadline?
[h6]Chad Ford
  (1:25 PM)
[/h6]

Danny Ainge continues to maintain that a trade is unlikely. He's willing to move Ray Allen to get a young player back, but the guys he's pursuing -- Monta Ellis, Kevin Martin, Andre Iguodala, etc -- aren't available for just an expiring deal (at least not yet). And I don't think the Celtics want to take on a horrific contract like Corey Maggette or Richard Hamilton. That's the problem. I know some GMs around the league think Boston is desperate. But after making some calls yesterday, I think they are content with just doing something small.

[h6]Michael (Chicago)[/h6]

Chad - what is best case scenario for the Bulls at the moment? I have a sinking feeling Pax and management are going to stand pat another year without making a move they've talked about for years.
[h6]Chad Ford
  (1:30 PM)
[/h6]

They were working with LA in an effort to recruit a third team to take on Sasha Vujacic's contract in a Kirk Hinrich deal. Portland was a possibility, but obviously they are out now. Lakers like Hinrich, but won't trade just expiring contracts for him. Not sure who else is really in the mix for Hinrich. The Bucks could be another trade partner for the Bulls. There is some interest in a deal that would send the Bucks expiring contracts for Tyrus Thomas and John Salmons.

[h6]Don (Los Angeles)[/h6]

What are the chances that Hinrich ends up with the Lakers? I like the rumored 3-way with Minny, but I guess the hold up would be the Wolves willingness to take on Vujacic. Any new info?
[h6]Chad Ford
  (1:31 PM)
[/h6]

Wolves can afford to do it if they're content not to use their cap room next summer. Just not sure how Tyrus Thomas fits with Al Jefferson and Kevin Love.

[h6]Ross (Montreal,WI)[/h6]

Chad, are the Bulls in danger of clearing cap space and not being able to sign ANYONE?
[h6]Chad Ford
  (1:33 PM)
[/h6]

Yes. But so are the Knicks, Nets and Heat for that matter. If LeBron, Bosh and Wade all stay put .. a few teams will really be scrambling. Joe Johnson, Rudy Gay and David Lee are nice players, but not franchise saviors.

[h6]Steven (NYC)[/h6]

Hi Chad, What else is out there for Miami if the Amare scenario dosn't go through?
[h6]Chad Ford
  (1:34 PM)
[/h6]

I don't think much else. If they can't land Stoudemire, I think the most likely scenario is that they do nothing.

[h6]Matt (Columbus)[/h6]

If you're the Cavs, why wouldn't you throw in Wally Szczerbiak's rights for Jason Richardson to sweeten the pot? Would a package that allowed them to dump JRich be more attractive than Beasley and MIA's #1s? Or would that force the Heat to include J. O'Neal's expiring contract?
[h6]Chad Ford
  (1:36 PM)
[/h6]

That would sweeten the deal for Phoenix. They would like to get Jason Richardson off the books too. If Cleveland did that, I think they would, for sure, land Amare. But that's a VERY high price to pay. Richardson is owed $14.4 million next season.

[h6]Jerry (Texas)[/h6]

Is Boozer going to be traded or stay put?
[h6]Chad Ford
  (1:39 PM)
[/h6]

Jazz are listening, but haven't gotten any offers that blow them away. They are playing really great basketball. If they make a trade, it will be because someone offered them a legit player back. So far the best offer they've gotten is Tayshaun Prince. If Prince was healthier, I think they'd consider it. But he's having a really rough year (though the last two games against Milwaukee and Sacramento he was fantastic).

[h6]Weaz (Bay City, MI)[/h6]

Chad, are the Pistons going to do anything? I think it would be an absolute coup if Dumars was able to get anything for Rip (bad contract) or Prince (not playing good/hurt). What do you think?
[h6]Chad Ford
  (1:40 PM)
[/h6]

Joe D is trying but Rip's contract is a deal killer in virtually every negotiation. As for Prince, Dumars wants more than cap relief for him. He wants a big man. Given Prince's struggles this year, it's hard to pull out.

[h6]Paul (Denver)[/h6]

Are the Nugs working to deal for another big to add to their rotation?
[h6]Chad Ford
  (1:43 PM)
[/h6]

Trying. But Denver doesn't have the expiring contracts or young assets teams are looking for. The one guy they have that other teams covet (Ty Lawson) they don't want to give up.

[h6]Chris (OKC)[/h6]

Have you heard if the Thunder are trying to make any moves?
[h6]Chad Ford
  (1:45 PM)
[/h6]

They are doing the same thing they do every year, sitting back and waiting for someone desperate to come along. They have expiring contracts. They have two first round picks. They have young assets. They could do just about anything. But they are dealing from a position of strength. They don't have to do anything. But here's one deal I think they'd do. Take Nick Collison off their hands for an expiring contract and get one of their first round picks.

[h6]Phoevos (Toronto)[/h6]

Chadster - I don't know if Toronto is shopping around for anyone right now, given all the acquisitions in the offseason, but what do you think Toronto needs right now? Yes they are playing pretty well at the moment, but what is lacking to take them to the next level? An elite SG maybe? (and who would you suggest)
[h6]Chad Ford
  (1:46 PM)
[/h6]

Toronto is out there looking. They want to do everything in their power to convince Chris Bosh to stay this summer. It sounds like Bryan Colangelo isn't going to trade him before the deadline. But if he could get back another good piece for Jose Calderon, I think he'd do it.

[h6]Ric (Bristol)[/h6]

Do you like covering the trade deadline every year?
[h6]Chad Ford
  (1:51 PM)
[/h6]

Yes and No. It's exciting and there's a lot of energy there so that's cool. But no for a couple of reasons. One, everyone is lying to you this time of year. I've never been a big fan of that. Second, I hate that attitude so many GMs have toward trades right now. Too many of them believe the only good deal is a ridiculously lopsided deal. Trades where one team gets all the talent and gives up nothing but stiffs on expiring contracts is the new "great trade" Everyone wants Pau Gasol for nothing. Or Amare for nothing. Too many GMs are trying to destroy the other team that makes a deal. I miss the days when trades were basketball trades and not salary dumps. I can't wait for the new CBA to come along and put an end to some of this.

[h6]Rooster (SF)[/h6]

Chicago papers are reporting that the Bulls have offered up Deng for Al Jefferson. Have you heard anything on that front?
[h6]Chad Ford
  (1:54 PM)
[/h6]

That's the type of deal that makes sense basketball wise for both teams. Wolves would get Deng and Tyrus Thomas. Bulls would finally get a low post presence. But if you take David Kahn at his word, he said he's not trading Jefferson this year.

[h6]Todd (NYC)[/h6]

How do you think the new CBA will put an end to some of these trade problems?
[h6]Chad Ford
  (1:55 PM)
[/h6]

Hard cap that doesn't let wealthy owners skirt around the cap by constantly trading expiring contracts for long term ones.

[h6]Mikey (Daytona Beach)[/h6]

Any word on Orlando?
[h6]Chad Ford
  (1:56 PM)
[/h6]

Things really quiet there. Gortat and Bass are possibilities.

[h6]Er (RVA)[/h6]

Short of winning the John Wall lottery, are Washington fans in for another lost decade of basketball mediocrity?
[h6]Chad Ford
  (1:56 PM)
[/h6]

Looks that way.

[h6]Gary (Simi Valley)[/h6]

The Bucks have been linked to a number of guys: Ty Thomas, Murphy, etc. What do you predict from them?
[h6]Chad Ford
  (1:58 PM)
[/h6]

Murphy makes some sense there. But it sounds like again, Milwaukee doesn't want to give up anything to get him.

[h6]Jake (ATL)[/h6]

Can Atlanta expect the Hawks to be players before the deadline?
[h6]Chad Ford
  (1:58 PM)
[/h6]

Sounds like they're quiet.

[h6]Chad Ford
  (1:59 PM)
[/h6]

Gotta run everyone. Marc Stein, Chris Sheridan, Chris Broussard and I will be working the phones 24-7 over the next 50 hours. Keep coming back often.

You're a hater bro... First thing i do when the Cavs win the championship is come for you bro. Lenoxxxx I'm commming for you!

At least the Clips got rid of Ricky Davis....

Clippers Acquire Guard Steve Blake and Forward Travis Outlaw From Portland

February 16, 2010 - The Los Angeles Clippers acquired guard Steve Blake (pictured top right), forward Travis Outlaw (bottom right) and cash considerations from the Portland Trailblazers in exchange for Marcus Camby it was announced today. 

Blake, 29, is averaging 7.6 points, 4.0 assists and 2.0 rebounds in 51 games this season. The six-foot-nine Outlaw has started 26 games this season averaging 9.9 points and 3.5 rebounds.

In a related roster move, the Clippers also waived combo guard 
Ricky Davis. Davis, 30, in his 12th NBA season is averaging 4.4 points, 1.6 rebounds and 1.1 assists in 36 games in 2009-10. 

So according to reports it'd be Hughes in a Rockets deal and not Harrington.

Gotta give it up to Walsh, if this goes down. Get rid of Jeffries while keeping Al to flip in a seperate deal. Picks better be unprotected if this goes down.

I have the worst feeling the Bulls are gonna get spurned in the summer. I was moderately positive. I really need for the deadline to pass. And please dont let Amar'e go to Miami.

That would be great if they manage to keep Al Harrington. Giving up Harrington AND picks would be way too much. You have nothing left to bargain with. Besides as maligned as Harrington tends to be by some people, he's still a player with a lot of capability.

As for the picks, I think they're probably going to have to give one up since it's Hughes and not Harrington

Originally Posted by jmause3

I cant wait for Thursday to be over with so I can be disappointed in my Bulls once again

Alright JM, what moves would satisfy you before the deadline? Do you seriously wanna get rid of Deng, Hinrich, Thomas, and Salmons strictly for cap relief? cause I'm not.

Back
Top Bottom