2010 NBA Trade Deadline thread

Originally Posted by Al3xis

Why won't Phoenix just be content with Beasley?
Miami's owner loves Beasley and doesn't want to give him up, or at least that's what he said over the weekend.

mike brown might not understand offense but someone on that coaching staff must.
that was kind of sarcastic on my part, cause on the flip side D'Antoni had his Suns teams in the top half in defense when they had their run. But both coaches are clearly more shaded to one side of the ball. He tinkered with things this year and it resulted in the Knicks playing the best defense over a stretch of 15 games since 2002. Obviously, it just hasn't been sustainable without a big man nor is it his strong suit to begin with.

I have no problems with the Cavs offense in the regular season, it's when the playoffs hit and the ball watching starts. Which is why I've always felt they needed to run more.

on that note, acquiring Amare would help if they would open things up.

LeBron pushing the ball, Mo spotting up on the wing, Amare as the trailer. Or get in the half court in the pick & roll with LeBron and Amare and pull Dwight away from the hoop a little.

it'd make them clear cut #1 in the East IMO.

Originally Posted by C5A5D5A5

Originally Posted by DubA169

my point at the beginning was, no team Lebron goes to will be in need of completely rebuilding.
+1

however, i cant see him making this team a contender on his own. In one year.
soooo what?

the year after we have 20 mil coming off teh books to play with plus the CBA will bring prices down. there is no one year ultimatum this is chess not checkers

indifferent.gif

what's the stoneface for negative nancy? use words

the cavs have the ultimatum of winning right now or he leaves. the knicks do not have to win in one year if he signs. the CBA have a lareg effect on the 2011 free agents. we have massive amounts of money because curry will be off the books.

long term plans FTW

dont know if it was posted, 

The San Antonio Spurs’ front office is working with Roger Mason’s(notes) agent to trade the veteran guard to a
team where he can have a significant role.

“Roger had a terrific season last year after the Spurs had a bunch of injuries, and now that everyone is back healthy and his minutes are limited, the Spurs are trying to do the right thing and find a good spot for him,

Feb 15, 2010 11:54 PM EST

Maggette_Corey_gsw.jpg
The Cavaliers are in discussions with Golden State about Corey Maggette.

The Warriors were very close to dealing Stephen Jackson to Clevelandlast November before eventually agreeing to a deal with the Bobcats.

Maggette would give the Cavaliers a secondary wing scorer.

GS would trade him for Big Z and probably waive him after that.

Pull that ray allen deal, get a new management and coach, they'll be right back in the playoffs next year.

what's the stoneface for negative nancy?

the arguement i was having with al3xis had nothing to do with the knicks future potential FA pickups, but rather what lebron would accomplish with the current knicks squad. So please, read next time
indifferent.gif

what's the stoneface for negative nancy?

the arguement i was having with al3xis had nothing to do with the knicks future potential FA pickups, but rather what lebron would accomplish with the current knicks squad. So please, read next time
indifferent.gif

I don't care about your little personal conversation with him.

My point was that the knicks don't need to worry about winning a chip in one year so it's irrelevant And the knicks WOULD be rebuilt in one year and be contenders if by contenders you mean top 4 team in the east.

[h2]Sources: Cavs talking to Warriors[/h2]

By Chris Broussard
ESPN The Magazine
Archive

The Cleveland Cavaliers' pursuit of Amare Stoudemire continues, but in case they can't land the Phoenix Suns' All-Star forward, they have begun talks with the Golden State Warriors about Corey Maggette.

Despite their league-high 13-game win streak, the Cavaliers are leavingno stone unturned in attempting to improve their team and bring thecity it's first major sports league championship in 46 years.

3336.jpg

Maggette

In addition to speaking to the Washington Wizards regarding Antawn Jamison and the Indiana Pacers regarding Troy Murphy, Cleveland is in discussions with the Warriors about Maggette, according to four sources with knowledge of the talks.

Stoudemire is far and away the Cavaliers first choice, and sourcesclose to Stoudemire said a report Monday that he told Cleveland hedoesn't want to play there is false.

Sources say the Cavaliers are willing to send Zydrunas Ilgauskas, J.J. Hickson,a first-round pick and another player (to make the deal workfinancially) to Phoenix for Stoudemire, but while the Suns mull overtheir options, Cleveland remains one of the most active teams in theleague leading up to Thursday's trade deadline.

The Cavs might need a Plan B, as the Miami Heat are pushing hard to land Stoudemire as well, sources told ESPN.com's Marc Stein on Monday night.

It is not clear whether the Cavaliers' second-choice is Jamison orMaggette. The discussions with Golden State have centered aroundCleveland sending Ilgauskas and his $11.5 million expiring contract tothe Warriors for Maggette. Other players, perhaps Cleveland's Danny Green and Golden State's Devean George, would have to be added to make the deal work financially.

As is the case with all their potential trades, the Cavaliers hopetheir trading partner would waive Ilgauskas so he could re-sign withCleveland 30 days later. But no such deal can be struck beforehand, perleague rules.The Cavaliers' interest in Maggette, who is averaging 20.8 points pergame for the Warriors, is somewhat surprising. While the 30-year-oldsmall forward has long been regarded as one of the league's most giftedscorers, he has three years and nearly $31 million left on his contractand has been somewhat injury prone.

Maggette, who has a career scoring average of 16.6 points, has alsoonly made the playoffs one time in his 11-year career with Orlando, theLos Angeles Clippers and the Warriors. That has led some to question Maggette's ability to help a team win, but the same questions dogged Jamal Crawfordbefore he was traded to Atlanta last summer. Crawford, a formerteammate of Maggette's in Golden State, has helped the Hawks become anEastern Conference contender.

LeBron Jamesis aware of Cleveland's interest in Maggette, and sources close to himsay he believes he could help the Cavaliers.Maggette can play shooting guard as well as small forward, and whilehe's not a great outside shooter, the Cavaliers could at times playJames and Maggette together on the frontline in a small lineup.

Originally Posted by I NaSmatic I

Originally Posted by Al3xis

Why won't Phoenix just be content with Beasley?
Miami's owner loves Beasley and doesn't want to give him up, or at least that's what he said over the weekend.
yup... i wouldnt give up beasley for amare though....
[h1]http://realgm.com/src_wiretap_archives/64711/20100215/miami_owner_were_not_trading_beasley/[/h1]
[h1]Miami Owner: We're Not Trading Beasley[/h1]Heat owner Micky Arison doesn't want there to be any doubt about the team's confidence in young forward Michael Beasley.
"We've never put him out there," Arison told The Miami Herald of trading Beasley."I know I've read about him being put out there. I can tell youthis: We have not put him out there. The media has. We like Michael andsee him as a part of our core going forward."Arison also noted that if the Heat don't make a move now, they'llhave flexibility over the summer, when they'll have several expiringcontracts coming off the books.
Read more: http://realgm.com/src_wiretap_archi...owner_were_not_trading_beasley/#ixzz0ffrlHCoj

cook, jones, haslem for amare or maybe just JO....  but we need to be a uptempo type offense though.. we all saw how wade enjoyed playing uptempo during the all star game

Wade + Amare" + Beasley + The rest = East 2nd best team & Championship contender
pimp.gif

If Miami won't trade Beasley, they can't even top Cleveland's offer.
laugh.gif
smh.gif

I don't understand why in the world they wouldn't trade Beasley for Amare though...

Originally Posted by Banks2Pierce

BTW, why isn't Toronto shopping Bosh? They don't see the writing on the wall?
They're reasoning is that they are on good enough terms with Bosh that they can get him to do a sign and trade this summer. Will give Bosh the extra year (thus the extra money) and the Raptors can get more for him than now with teams low balling them. Plus the team is naive enough to think they can do damage in the postseason.

Originally Posted by Nowitness41Dirk

If Miami won't trade Beasley, they can't even top Cleveland's offer.
laugh.gif
smh.gif

The Suns like JJ more than Beasley anyway. So they never had a better offer than Cleveland.

Miami can't do this without a 3rd team, I don't see that happening.

[h1]
[/h1]
akfy1f.jpg

No Beasley = No Amare for MIA.  It's pretty simple.

Nolan, to answer your question a few pages back (regarding the CAVS core), I agree to an extent.  It's not as bad as you're trying to make it out to be though (leaving out Delonte and Powe...and my boy Boobie
grin.gif
laugh.gif
).  If Powe comes back near full strength, he could be a very solid piece.  I agree that NY's young core is slightly better.

But anyways, I think I've been the ONLY Cleveland fan on here to mention and honor the fact that Bron leaving here could be VERY possible.

Before this season started, I said he would leave if he doesn't win a title.  If we get Amare, things could change.

Title with Amare= Bron stays and we sign Amare long term.
Finals loss with Amare = who knows, Bron still might come back (as long as Amare does).
Don't get Amare and win the title = probably stays, still a chance he leaves though.
Don't get Amare and don't win title = More than 50% chance he bounces.

Bron leaving all ends up to whether or not we can get Amare.  No way in hell does he leave CLE with Amare here.

We don't get Amare, let the bidding begin (CLE still has a chance, but it could end up ugly).

That's all my opinion of course.

New player notes Mon, Feb 15

Asthe Bulls prepare to trade Thomas before Thursday’s deadline, theteam's front office has suggested to prospective bidders that they havea solid offer of a middling first-round pick and expiring contracts,league sources told Yahoo Sports.
Spitting image of the Timberwolves
nerd.gif
nerd.gif
nerd.gif
nerd.gif

Back
Top Bottom