* 2010 NFC North Trash Talk Thread: Green Bay Packers win the Super Bowl *

Originally Posted by i LyricaLJKilla i

The league better hope Green Bay doesn't make the playoffs....

laugh.gif
good joke....like last year right?

Dam you Bears but congrats..

We still have a strong chance at making the playoffs so im not that mad yet. If we beat the Giants, will the Bears have anything to play for? Or are they just gonna bench their players and hand us the playoff birth?
Edit: I see that if the Bears win the next two games they get the 2nd seed and a bye. So they will have something to play for in Lambeau. If they lose to the Jets though, then the question is if they are just gonna give us a playoff birth.

Dam you Bears but congrats..

We still have a strong chance at making the playoffs so im not that mad yet. If we beat the Giants, will the Bears have anything to play for? Or are they just gonna bench their players and hand us the playoff birth?
Edit: I see that if the Bears win the next two games they get the 2nd seed and a bye. So they will have something to play for in Lambeau. If they lose to the Jets though, then the question is if they are just gonna give us a playoff birth.

Originally Posted by JJ1223

[1 hour before gametime]

"I can't believe Favre is gonna start, this guy is gonna end his career face down in the snow on a college field"

Spoiler [+]
1zc0p4k.jpg

Only thing missing is the snow,  I guess I can't get 'em all right

sick.gif
sick.gif

[1 hour before gametime]

"I can't believe Favre is gonna start, this guy is gonna end his career face down in the snow on a college field"

Spoiler [+]
1zc0p4k.jpg

sick.gif
sick.gif

Originally Posted by havez12

[1 hour before gametime]

Spoiler [+]
1zc0p4k.jpg

sick.gif
sick.gif
laugh.gif
laugh.gif
laugh.gif

Originally Posted by havez12

[1 hour before gametime]

Spoiler [+]
1zc0p4k.jpg

sick.gif
sick.gif
laugh.gif
laugh.gif
laugh.gif

[h2][/h2]
[h2]Megatron hints he'll bolt Detroit unless they win[/h2]
Posted on: December 9, 2010 9:46 pm

Score: 154

Log-in to rate:

Calvin_Johnson_Radio_Show_Leaving_Lions.jpg
Posted by Will Brinson

Not many wide receivers who were taken with a high draft pick come into the NFL having experienced a lot of losing. Because, after all, they're usually pretty high-profile guys playing for high-profile colleges (the last first-rounder taken from a school that isn't an automatic BCS qualifier was Roddy White in 2005).

Unfortunately, a lot of these dudes end up on the Detroit Lions (thanks Matt Millen!) as well as other losing franchises, and so it's tough to adjust. So tough, in fact, that one in particular -- Calvin Johnson -- indicated that, having put up with four whole losing seasons in Detroit, he might be ready to get the fudge out.

"Put it like this, if we turn this thing into a winner, I’m happy," Johnson said on his weekly radio show via the Detroit Free Press. "I’ve won 11 games since I’ve been here in four years. Losing definitely sucks and you definitely don’t want to be around losing. You can’t get used to that. I can’t get used to it because I haven’t come from that. I’ve been used to winning. And if this thing can’t get turned around, man, like I said — I’m just going to leave it at I can’t get used to it. I want to win."

Look, it's understandable for Johnson to be frustrated, given that he's been through an 0-16 season; he's caught passes from the likes of Shaun Hill, Drew Stanton, Daunte Culpepper, Jon Kitna and Dan Orlovsky (when Matthew Stafford was either not drafted or injured); and since he's arrived the Lions are an extremely unimpressive 11-49 in his tenure.

Having said that, Megatron's not exactly helping his case for sympathy by lobbing the coaching staff under the bus, which is kind of what he did after the game, when asked why the team didn't throw the ball his way on every single play.

"I can’t call it, man. I can’t call it," Johnson said. "I wish I could have did more to help out the team, but it is what it is."

Johnson also complained to the Free Press (after the game) that the team didn't know how to deal with the Cover-2.

“I don’t understand, teams tend to play a lot of Cover 2, our receptions go down. We got to come up with something for it. They were playing Cover 2 for most of the game."

There's a reasonable case her for telling Mega to simmer -- he got a TON of money and while, yes, the Lions stink, they're at least improving. At least he's giving them more than two weeks notice to get better. Which is what most of America (and Randy Moss) does.

For more NFL news, rumors and analysis, follow @cbssportsnfl on Twitter and subscribe to our RSS Feed.

[h2][/h2]
[h2]Megatron hints he'll bolt Detroit unless they win[/h2]
Posted on: December 9, 2010 9:46 pm

Score: 154

Log-in to rate:

Calvin_Johnson_Radio_Show_Leaving_Lions.jpg
Posted by Will Brinson

Not many wide receivers who were taken with a high draft pick come into the NFL having experienced a lot of losing. Because, after all, they're usually pretty high-profile guys playing for high-profile colleges (the last first-rounder taken from a school that isn't an automatic BCS qualifier was Roddy White in 2005).

Unfortunately, a lot of these dudes end up on the Detroit Lions (thanks Matt Millen!) as well as other losing franchises, and so it's tough to adjust. So tough, in fact, that one in particular -- Calvin Johnson -- indicated that, having put up with four whole losing seasons in Detroit, he might be ready to get the fudge out.

"Put it like this, if we turn this thing into a winner, I’m happy," Johnson said on his weekly radio show via the Detroit Free Press. "I’ve won 11 games since I’ve been here in four years. Losing definitely sucks and you definitely don’t want to be around losing. You can’t get used to that. I can’t get used to it because I haven’t come from that. I’ve been used to winning. And if this thing can’t get turned around, man, like I said — I’m just going to leave it at I can’t get used to it. I want to win."

Look, it's understandable for Johnson to be frustrated, given that he's been through an 0-16 season; he's caught passes from the likes of Shaun Hill, Drew Stanton, Daunte Culpepper, Jon Kitna and Dan Orlovsky (when Matthew Stafford was either not drafted or injured); and since he's arrived the Lions are an extremely unimpressive 11-49 in his tenure.

Having said that, Megatron's not exactly helping his case for sympathy by lobbing the coaching staff under the bus, which is kind of what he did after the game, when asked why the team didn't throw the ball his way on every single play.

"I can’t call it, man. I can’t call it," Johnson said. "I wish I could have did more to help out the team, but it is what it is."

Johnson also complained to the Free Press (after the game) that the team didn't know how to deal with the Cover-2.

“I don’t understand, teams tend to play a lot of Cover 2, our receptions go down. We got to come up with something for it. They were playing Cover 2 for most of the game."

There's a reasonable case her for telling Mega to simmer -- he got a TON of money and while, yes, the Lions stink, they're at least improving. At least he's giving them more than two weeks notice to get better. Which is what most of America (and Randy Moss) does.

For more NFL news, rumors and analysis, follow @cbssportsnfl on Twitter and subscribe to our RSS Feed.

If Calvin Johnson leaves it would set back Detroit yet again.

I feel like they're on the cusp of competing in the NFC North and for him to leave now would be demoralizing almost.

Back
Top Bottom