2010 Nike Vomero 5

Just got back from RRS.

I didn't see the Vomero 5 on the showroom floor, but they were having their semi-annual parking lot sale.

Scooped up a size 12 pair of the orange colorway of the Vomero 4 that had been tried on and returned for $30.29.

They had several Vomero 3 and 4 on hash racks and even some Air Max 2009s

Originally Posted by jeffgdula

Originally Posted by Prostaffer

I had the 3's and started getting some knee trouble. I think because it wasn't for my type of running style?

I heard the 4's were geared more for pronating runners. Is this true? I'm not sure what my issue is. Only shoes I ran 10k and 5k's in were the TN Air Max. How do those compare to these?
The 4s are VERY similar to the 3s.  Both are for neutral to under-pronators.

TN Air Maxes are not good running shoes, esp. not compared to these.  Go to a real running shoe store and get fit.  You will be amazed at the difference in the right pair of running shoes.

thanks for the info. i'm in chicago and have been thinking about going to a running store and getting fit. Gotta do some research on those. I only mentioned the TN Air Maxes because I wondered if the TN air on the inside of the heel contributed to how well they matched my stride. All my practice runs in vomero's would end up with my knee's hurting and then I would wear my TN air max on race day and beat my vomero times.

Originally Posted by SupraTurbo619

Just got back from RRS.

I didn't see the Vomero 5 on the showroom floor, but they were having their semi-annual parking lot sale.

Scooped up a size 12 pair of the orange colorway of the Vomero 4 that had been tried on and returned for $30.29.

Do you have their number and do they ship? Thanks

Originally Posted by cbfpunch

slightly off topic, is it true that the pegasus 27 will feature zoom air instead of its usual full-length air? what's up with that?

http://www.runningwarehouse.com/sneakpeek.html?ccode=NIKSUM10&video=SNEAK190

IIRC, they will be zoom in the heel, encapsulated air in the toe and cushlon midsole.  I didn't read the link you posted, but that is what I seem to remember.

do you happen to know the reason behind this change? seems kind of odd to me.

I had the 3's and started getting some knee trouble. I think because it wasn't for my type of running style?

I heard the 4's were geared more for pronating runners. Is this true? I'm not sure what my issue is. Only shoes I ran 10k and 5k's in were the TN Air Max. How do those compare to these?
The 4s are VERY similar to the 3s.  Both are for neutral to under-pronators.

TN Air Maxes are not good running shoes, esp. not compared to these.  Go to a real running shoe store and get fit.  You will be amazed at the difference in the right pair of running shoes.

thanks for the info. i'm in chicago and have been thinking about going to a running store and getting fit. Gotta do some research on those. I only mentioned the TN Air Maxes because I wondered if the TN air on the inside of the heel contributed to how well they matched my stride. All my practice runs in vomero's would end up with my knee's hurting and then I would wear my TN air max on race day and beat my vomero times.
Check out the pegasus or moto.  Sounds like you need a firmer ride.

slightly off topic, is it true that the pegasus 27 will feature zoom air instead of its usual full-length air? what's up with that?

http://www.runningwarehouse.com/sneakpeek.html?ccode=NIKSUM10&video=SNEAK190

IIRC, they will be zoom in the heel, encapsulated air in the toe and cushlon midsole.  I didn't read the link you posted, but that is what I seem to remember.

do you happen to know the reason behind this change? seems kind of odd to me.

No idea.  Doesn't make much sense to make them like the Vomero.  I know the vomero was very well received, but it makes since to have the 3 levels of cushioning and different price points.  Wouldn't be suprised to see the moto disappear.

Originally Posted by knuckles2k5

jeff^ did you order 1/2 size bigger from runningwarehouse?
I ordered my regular Vomero size (11).  It said order 1/2 size up for the Vomero 4s too, so I figured I am safe.  For comparison, I wear an 11.5 in every Air Max from the first one to the 360 III, but an 11 in every Vomero (2-4) and most new Nike runners.

Originally Posted by Suns32

Originally Posted by SupraTurbo619

Just got back from RRS.

Do you have their number and do they ship? Thanks
They run an on-line store, but I don't think they ship their clearance stuff.

Originally Posted by Dynamic X

NikeVomero2.jpg

Vomero 2 > the rest of the line
Have this exact colorway
Havent run in any other shoe but Vomero's since I bought the 2's
pimp.gif

Originally Posted by Twilight24xJet

Originally Posted by Dynamic X

NikeVomero2.jpg

Vomero 2 > the rest of the line
Have this exact colorway
Havent run in any other shoe but Vomero's since I bought the 2's
pimp.gif
I was shocked when I tried them on.  I had been buying Asics Nimbus and Kinseis and Mizuno Wave Riders to run in, and hadn't tried on a Bowerman since like the Moto 5, but the Vomero 2s were fantastic (and it has only gotten better from there).  I still have 3 pairs of Vomero 2 iDs.

4460554994_4cf2648d64_b.jpg

4460555628_6da367a7c5_b.jpg

4459776911_e2a3081469_b.jpg

4459777641_7f2617c0e6_b.jpg

4460557920_b818fb45b7_b.jpg

4459779657_78d3e53083_b.jpg

Not bad, but I still think I like the 4s more. The 4s fit my foot better. These feel a bit narrower and longer. The toe box isn't as comfortable and you can feel the material on the top of the toes that you couldn't with the 4s. The forefoot area feels a bit more firm than on the 3s or 4s.

Overall, not a bad shoe. I just don't see at is as an upgrade to the 4. It is probably better than this review made it sound, though.

Originally Posted by AZSunDevil22

jeffgdula,
Do you have any insight as to whether or not the 5s will release in a black colorway?
They are.  6/1 release.

How are Vomero 5s in regards to overpronation?

I run in Zoom Structure Triax 13s right now, and they're great. I've been looking into the Equalons and the Vomeros as well.

Originally Posted by Flowsomuch

I run in Zoom Structure Triax 13s right now, and they're great. I've been looking into the Equalons and the Vomeros as well.
I would check out the equalons.  Vomeros are for neutral to underpronators.  The new equalons look good too.

Originally Posted by Flowsomuch

I would check out the equalons.  Vomeros are for neutral to underpronators.  The new equalons look good too.

Appreciate the input! Thanks!

Back
Top Bottom