2010 NTPI Sneaker Scene Year End Review

sup gents.on the last day of year, let's take a trip down memory lane and reminisce about the wallet emptying,credit card maxing,varicose vein inducing(line up reference) but ultimately incredibly satisfying year that was 2010.what stood out to you this year?

here's my top 3:

3)broader stock allocation-it really helps when you have numerous venues to try and track down your pair instead of having them concentrated in 1 location (BHS-bribes,hypebeasts,and simps) and be pray to their corrupt and unfair practices.campouts were less prevalent as a direct result.

2)more events-even if you weren't able to attend or get your pair,i like the fact that more and more limited releases reaches our shores.coupled with the fact that raffles are the most fair way of selling what small amount of stock we get,there's really nothing to complain about during these events.i guess more freebies would be nice but hey,it's cool(hint,hint)

1)titan opening- kudos to the ownership and nikepi for opening a retail store specifically for sneakerheads.i'm impressed at how organized(and catered!)their events are.the space might be a little on the small side,painfully obvious on major releases,but i just think of it as cozy,encouraging you to interact with your fellow sneaker enthusiast.swapping sweat and basking in each others body heat(and sometimes funkiness)

2010 was one hell of a ride.i hope everybody had their fair share of indelible memories,copped,rocked,broke necks,made a friend or two and at the end of the day,a tall stack of receipts.(or none too prominently displayed so your respective emsi's and gf's won't catch a fit)

sup gents.on the last day of year, let's take a trip down memory lane and reminisce about the wallet emptying,credit card maxing,varicose vein inducing(line up reference) but ultimately incredibly satisfying year that was 2010.what stood out to you this year?

here's my top 3:

3)broader stock allocation-it really helps when you have numerous venues to try and track down your pair instead of having them concentrated in 1 location (BHS-bribes,hypebeasts,and simps) and be pray to their corrupt and unfair practices.campouts were less prevalent as a direct result.

2)more events-even if you weren't able to attend or get your pair,i like the fact that more and more limited releases reaches our shores.coupled with the fact that raffles are the most fair way of selling what small amount of stock we get,there's really nothing to complain about during these events.i guess more freebies would be nice but hey,it's cool(hint,hint)

1)titan opening- kudos to the ownership and nikepi for opening a retail store specifically for sneakerheads.i'm impressed at how organized(and catered!)their events are.the space might be a little on the small side,painfully obvious on major releases,but i just think of it as cozy,encouraging you to interact with your fellow sneaker enthusiast.swapping sweat and basking in each others body heat(and sometimes funkiness)

2010 was one hell of a ride.i hope everybody had their fair share of indelible memories,copped,rocked,broke necks,made a friend or two and at the end of the day,a tall stack of receipts.(or none too prominently displayed so your respective emsi's and gf's won't catch a fit)

Originally Posted by maxtempo96

here's my top 3:

awesome recap sir... right on the money (literally and figuratively) 
wink.gif

to borrow a line from your post... "...wallet emptying,credit card maxing,varicose vein inducing(line up reference) but ultimately incredibly satisfying year that was 2010..." indeed...

i guess most if not the entire NTPI fam can say that the sneaker game was indeed dope in 2010...

so here's to 2011... may it be better than 2010's better!

Happy New Year NTPI fam!!!

* and btw... who can forget the grandest event of them all... the NTPI anniversary party!!! on to the next one!!!*

Originally Posted by maxtempo96

here's my top 3:

awesome recap sir... right on the money (literally and figuratively) 
wink.gif

to borrow a line from your post... "...wallet emptying,credit card maxing,varicose vein inducing(line up reference) but ultimately incredibly satisfying year that was 2010..." indeed...

i guess most if not the entire NTPI fam can say that the sneaker game was indeed dope in 2010...

so here's to 2011... may it be better than 2010's better!

Happy New Year NTPI fam!!!

* and btw... who can forget the grandest event of them all... the NTPI anniversary party!!! on to the next one!!!*

In the early third quarter I ended up registering and lurking here in NTPI and started to appreciate all the things that everyone posts.

I am truly happy the fact that a sneakerhead like me was able to read and see how a real sneakerhead roll.

Kudos to KingCrux and Martin of SoleMovement for those two are the person that I look up to for their contribution to the sneaker community.

Also to Titan for the opportunities you have provided for us to purchase rare sneakers.

Happy New Year Ya'll and a hope a great and fruitful 2011 to all!

In the early third quarter I ended up registering and lurking here in NTPI and started to appreciate all the things that everyone posts.

I am truly happy the fact that a sneakerhead like me was able to read and see how a real sneakerhead roll.

Kudos to KingCrux and Martin of SoleMovement for those two are the person that I look up to for their contribution to the sneaker community.

Also to Titan for the opportunities you have provided for us to purchase rare sneakers.

Originally Posted by pnikoforonda

Amen to this. HAPPY 2011 to all.

Originally Posted by pnikoforonda

Amen to this. HAPPY 2011 to all.

I wished that TITAN could've open earlier last year, more peeps could've copped those AJ Anniv's 3 4 11. For this year, I wish all of us a great year and cop all those shoes we wanted. Happy New Year! - peace!

I wished that TITAN could've open earlier last year, more peeps could've copped those AJ Anniv's 3 4 11. For this year, I wish all of us a great year and cop all those shoes we wanted. Happy New Year! - peace!

2010 is indeed a great year and 2011 looks promising.
with the release of new kobes and lebrons. jordans retro-ing as usual.
it's exciting and at the same time scary budget-wise.
but hell, sneakers=life.
more power to NT pinas!

more sharing and no to reselling (for profit)!

2010 is indeed a great year and 2011 looks promising.
with the release of new kobes and lebrons. jordans retro-ing as usual.
it's exciting and at the same time scary budget-wise.
but hell, sneakers=life.
more power to NT pinas!

more sharing and no to reselling (for profit)!

Back
Top Bottom