2010 Official Boxing Thread: Soto/Antillon, 2010 Fight of the Year.

eek.gif
Fastest Ive ever heard Merchant finish a sentence, they should always have somebody translate for him.

If he quit he wouldn't have gotten off his stool. I gotta give him props for lasting all 12 rounds. I was screaming for him to throw punches. But if he kept throwing and missing those rights like he was, Martinez would have knocked him out. Pavlik couldn't see those left hands coming at all with all that blood.

Both of these dudes need new Trainers...

Martinez, w/ all his talent, couldve ended the night if he had a trainer who was a hardass and wouldn't stand for his dancing and shaking...those sunglasses were hilarious, tho

Pavlik was winning rds when he pumping his jab and managed the distance. Seems like he doesn't get off punches when he fights someone slick, so he needs some work using that jab to set up punches against faster fighters...

I think he told he trainer "I cant see" Sergio was on top of his game tonight . Kelly made good adjustments mid way through but as soon as he got cut Martinez turned it up . Too much speed and movement and Pavlik couldnt get his punches off . I guess Martinez -Williams II is in order . Pavlik will go to 168 . And what and Uppercut by Bute WOW

Well he said he wants the rematch so I'm guessing he'll have at least one more fight at 160. Bute licking his chops for Pavlik to move up to 168.

Was thinking about something today; if Dawson beats Pascal, should he move down to 168? I think he could make it easily and I don't think Cloud will be stepping in with him anytime soon.

Cloud has pretty much disappeared . Dawson is pretty much by himself at 175 if he can make 168 he will have his plate full of real goo match ups and long as he doesnt fall asleep at the wheel like he does in the middle rounds of his fights .

Great fight tonight. Sergio asserted himself in the first couple rounds. Then Pavlik started timing Martinez's punches & landed some good shots on him. Sergio landed the straight left in the 9th & it was all downhill for Pavlik. I was happy to see Sergio keep applying pressure once he saw the cut. He didn't leave it up to chance that he was gonna win. He stayed aggressive & finally a decision went his way.

[table][tr][td][table][tr][td]Edwin Valero Arrested For Murder, Wife Found Dead
Posted by: Dan Molinski on 04-18-2010.

[/td] [/tr][/table][/td] [/tr][tr][td]
[/td] [/tr][tr][td]
By Dan Molinski, special to BoxingScene.com

CARACAS - WBC lightweight boxing champion in recess Edwin Valero was arrested early Sunday on suspicion of murdering his wife in his home nation of Venezuela, according to the police.

The body of Jennifer Carolina Viera de Valero, 24, was found in a hotel room in Valencia early Sunday morning, Wilmer Flores, a director with Venezuela's police investigations department CICPC, told state-run television stations.

The wife had reportedly had been stabbed several times.

Flores said the 28-year-old Valero was apprehended on the hotel property shortly after the discovery, was placed in custody and is being questioned.

Valero had reportedly entered rehab for anger management courses just a few weeks ago under court order, after being arrested on charges of harassing his wife.

Valero's professional boxing record is 27-0. Valero recently vacated his lightweight title, or placed it "in recess," reportedly due to an injury and because of plans to change weight classes.
[/td][/tr][/table]

Pavlik wanted to quit in the 10th round he kept telling his trainer something and he was like don't say that.

Dude is done

AP Report:

[h1][/h1]
[h1]Police: Boxer Valero suspected of killing wife[/h1]
35 minutes ago

• Buzz up! 0
  • [h5]Print[/h5]

CARACAS, Venezuela (AP)—Suspended WBC lightweight champion Edwin Valero wasdetained on suspicion of killing his wife on Sunday, police said.

Venezuelan Federal Police Chief Wilmer Flores said Valero was arrested afterpolice found the body of his wife in a hotel in the city of Valencia.

Flores said Valero left the hotel room around dawn on Sunday and allegedlytold the hotel’s security personnel that he had killed Viera.

Valero’s lawyer, Milda Mora, did not immediately answer telephone callsseeking comment.

The 28-year-old boxer has been in trouble with the law before.

Last month, Valero was brought up on charges of harassing his wife andthreatening medical personnel who treated her at a hospital in the western cityof Merida.

Police arrested the Valero following an argument with a doctor and nurse atthe hospital, where his wife was being treated for a series of injuries,including a punctured lung and broken ribs.

Valero entered a Venezuelan rehabilitation center under on March 28 fortreatment of drug and alcohol addiction, Mora said at the time. The boxer’sattorney said Viera was injured when she fell down a flight of stairs at thecouple’s home while checking a water tank located on the roof.

Valero, with a record of 27-0 as a boxer, was suspended as WBC lightweightchampion in February.

Back
Top Bottom