2010 Pro Bowl to be played in Miami before Super Bowl

Originally Posted by 23ska909red02

heat23:
The league's plan is
for players on the AFC and NFC championship squads not to take part in the Pro Bowl.
So if this were the NBA and it were last year, this would be like last year's All Star Game sans Billups, Rip, Sheed, Ray Allen, Pierce, Kobe, and Duncan.

laugh.gif
roll.gif

Basically, it would have been a field day for LeBron on the East and Paul on the West.
laugh.gif

actually billups,rip,sheed, and duncan willl play because they lost in the conference championship...its the players in the super bowl are not playing.

Originally Posted by dakid23

eek.gif
Miami is going to see CASH $$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$
$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$
And with "CASH $$$$$" comes women.Might have to save up to go for my birthday.
pimp.gif

Originally Posted by E3LAL

23ska909red02 wrote:
heat23:
The league's plan is for players on the AFC and NFC championship squads not to take part in the Pro Bowl.
So if this were the NBA and it were last year, this would be like last year's All Star Game sans Billups, Rip, Sheed, Ray Allen, Pierce, Kobe, and Duncan.

laugh.gif
roll.gif

Basically, it would have been a field day for LeBron on the East and Paul on the West.
laugh.gif

I hope they reconsider because we won't be able to see some of the best.

you act like the pro bowl is any good of a game. it's comical. no sacks, the players don't even care. it's a waste of time

Originally Posted by RawSheed

saving up?
laugh.gif
you dudes thinkin it like it's gonna pop off like the NBA All-Star game
Its Miami though
laugh.gif
, you know NFL cats will be acting a fool+ women + beach
smokin.gif

marionthebarberian:
23ska909red02:
heat23:
The league's plan is
for players on the AFC and NFC championship squads not to take part in the Pro Bowl.

laugh.gif
roll.gif

laugh.gif

actually billups,rip,sheed, and duncan willl play because they lost in the conference championship...its the players in the super bowl are not playing.
Hmmm... you're right; I read that wrong. I was thinking 'The players in the conference championships will not play', meaning noBillups, Rip, Sheed, Duncan, Allen, Pierce, or Kobe. But nah, it says the Conference CHAMPIONS, so you're right, it would just be no Pierce, Ray, or Kobe.

What do they need to do to the NFL Pro Bowl, though?

Because I understand the argument 'Football is too physical, and players can't be injured in an exhibition game that doesn't count, and thencontinue on with the season/playoffs.' I understand that.

But at the same time, the way it is right now is a complete joke; COMPLETE.

What about mid season, and they skip a week before and after? For example, say teams play on Sunday the 1st. Have no games on Sunday the 8th, have the Pro Bowlon Thursday the 12th, no games on Sunday the 15th, and have games continue on the 22nd?

I mean, that's 10 days to recover from minor injuries, and major injuries... I mean... is a broken leg in Week 3 that keeps you out for the season anydifferent than a broken leg in the Pro Bowl that keeps you out for the season? No.

And if people wanted more time to recover from minor injuries, you could have games on Sunday the 1st, the Pro Bowl on Sunday the 8th, no games on Sunday the15th, and resume play on Sunday the 22nd, giving a full 2 weeks to tend to any minor injuries.

the season is so short and every game matters so much unlike any other sport that having it midseason or prior to the superbowl is just a terrible idea. theonly viable option is NOT at all, or how it is now

I don't think this idea is THAT bad really. The way it is now, half the Probowlers are off for over a month before the Probowl (I'm sure doing anythingBUT football)... SILLY!

Word to ska. I think whatever the argument, they need to do something, AND IMO they need to have it IN the states. I don't think I have watched the ProBowlsince the 49ers and Cowboys were good. Plus IMO if you have it midseason, you put all teams on an even playing field with regard to the bye week. I thinkit's crazy that a team has a bye in week 3 or 4, then say that team goes to the superbowl as a wildcard team, they just played 16-17 weeks straight.Whereas if you put the probowl somewhere around Halloween, some players could get a 2 week break in the middle of the year, when most teams are hurting themost. The whole thing is really hard because of the physical nature of football, and not wanting players to get injured in a meaningless game. But at the sametime $$$...

How much money does the ProBowl generate now anyway? I remember when the probowl was a big thing, now it's more of an asterisk to a player's season, avalidation, than an actual game.

Originally Posted by CincoSeisDos

the only allstar game that doesnt make sense to me

have it mid season...
Or not have it at all.

NFL should just make a list of the all-pro teams. Let those players have pro bowl activities like usual but no pro bowl game at all.

Shouldnt even have an Pro Bowl game. It is so stupid. I dont know a single person who watches it. If I won tickets to it I would sell them on Ebay.
Just name Pro Bowlers and Print special edition jerseys, word to JB.

Originally Posted by tmukg21

saving up?
laugh.gif
Its Miami though
laugh.gif
, you know NFL cats will be acting a fool + women + beach
smokin.gif
I've been in Hawaii most of the time during the Pro Bowl and it is not even close to the same level as the NBA All-Star Game.

The nightlife atmosphere will be better because it is South Beach, but I wouldn't go expecting something outrageous.

Originally Posted by koolbarbone

saving up?
laugh.gif
Its Miami though
laugh.gif
smokin.gif
I've been in Hawaii most of the time during the Pro Bowl and it is not even close to the same level as the NBA All-Star Game.

The nightlife atmosphere will be better because it is South Beach, but I wouldn't go expecting something outrageous.
Hopefully Pac-Man is still in the league so he can shut South Beach down
roll.gif
roll.gif

good looks though

Originally Posted by koolbarbone

saving up?
laugh.gif
Its Miami though
laugh.gif
smokin.gif

Hopefully Pac-Man is still in the league so he can shut South Beach down
roll.gif
roll.gif

good looks though
you know dude already booked a hotel on Collins with $1 bills.

Originally Posted by therenegade23

Originally Posted by CincoSeisDos

the only allstar game that doesnt make sense to me

have it mid season...
Or not have it at all.

NFL should just make a list of the all-pro teams. Let those players have pro bowl activities like usual but no pro bowl game at all.
I agree, !!*$ a Pro Bowl

Back
Top Bottom