2010 Senior Bowl Thread 1/30/2010

[h1]Senior Bowl practice report: Day 1[/h1]
T1_0125_gilyardcook.jpg

North squad team members Mardy Gilyard (1, of Cincinnati) and Chris Cook (Virginia) fight for a pass during Monday's practice.

MOBILE, Ala. -- Practices for the final major all-star game kicked off Monday in Alabama. The Senior Bowl annually draws in the nation's best talent, along with the largest number of NFL personnel people, and this year is no different. It's one last opportunity for players to improve their draft stock on the field and that's what many did in the workouts. Here's the first of our daily breakdowns of the practices:
[h3]Risers[/h3]
Geno Atkins/DT/Georgia: Atkins disappointed scouts with his play in 2009 but elevated his game on the first day of Senior Bowl practice. Atkins was explosive and unstoppable for most of the afternoon session. He was constantly getting penetration behind the line of scrimmage and regularly beating bigger, stronger opponents.

Perrish Cox/CB/Oklahoma State: Many NFL scouts rate Cox as the top senior cornerback, and he showed why today. Cox shut down just about every receiver he faced and displayed top ball skills. His fundamentals were solid as was his athleticism.

Terrell Skinner/S/Maryland: The former Terp cornerback showed off his coverage skills Monday, culminating with an interception of quarterback Tony Pike. Already possessing very good size, he was physical throughout practice and has many believing he could eventually start at the next level.

Michael Hoomanawanui/TE/Illinois: Hoomanawanui overwhelmed the linebackers and safeties that attempted to cover him all day. He caught the ball very well and did a better-than-expected job at blocking. Hoomanawanui is trying to reverse what was a poor senior season at Illinois and is off to a good start.

LaGarrette Blount/RB/Oregon: Blount was a late addition to the Senior Bowl, and he displayed the skills which made him such a highly rated running back coming into the season. He ran tough between the tackles and showed a burst, which many did not know he possessed.

Mitch Petrus/G/Arkansas: Petrus, a former fullback at Arkansas, has improved his play the past three seasons and looked terrific in his first Senior Bowl practice. He moves well on his feet and does a terrific job blocking in motion. Petrus surprised scouts with his power. He not only handled opponents at the point of attack, but drove larger defensive linemen off the ball throughout the afternoon.

Mike Johnson/G/Alabama: Johnson was an imposing-looking figure Monday morning, measuring 6-feet, 5½-inches and 306 pounds during weigh-ins. The former Alabama starter played to his size during practice, dominating opponents. Johnson did not give up an inch against anyone he faced and was solid as both a run blocker and in pass protection.

Dan Williams/DT/Tennessee: Williams was ferocious on the inside and pushed blockers around all day. He possesses terrific power and was able to collapse the pocket or bullrush opponents off the ball. Williams continues to move up draft boards.
[h3]Sliders[/h3]
Terrence Cody/DT/Alabama: Cody looked poorly conditioned on Monday, tipping the scales at a sloppy 370 pounds. During practice he quickly tired and struggled to keep pace with the rest of the linemen. He was pushed to the ground and handled by lesser opponents on a number of occasions.

Selvish Capers/T/West Virginia: Capers struggled from the get-go. He was beaten around the corner by speed rushers or pushed back off the line by power opponents. All too often Capers was left to pull himself off the field after being pushed to the ground by opponents.
[h3]Notes[/h3]
• One of the more interesting prospects on the field is former Alabama-Birmingham quarterback Joe Webb, who's exclusively lining up at receiver during the Senior Bowl. After some early bumps in practice, Webb got his feet underneath him and looked like the transition to his new position would be a smooth one. Webb's day culminated when he beat Florida State's Patrick Robinson on a deep route and made a difficult, over-the-shoulder reception.

Myron Rolle, the Rhodes Scholar recipient who did not play football last season, looked solid for a someone that's been away from football for a year.

• Florida quarterback Tim Tebow drew the largest crowds, but it was a coach who received the biggest cheer. At the start of the South's practice Monday afternoon, a black SUV made its' way onto the practice area. Nick Saban then stepped from the vehicle to the thunderous applause of the Alabama faithful, many who jumped to their feet to cheer their national-title-winning coach.

tried to tell yall Perrish Cox gon get that $$$$$

South

• Of course the guy everyone wanted to see was Florida QB Tim Tebow and all eyes were on the former Heisman Trophy winner as he got his first exposure to a pro-style offense. Unfortunately all of the reservations people had about Tebow were validated by his performance. Despite reportedly working to shorten his delivery it is still way too long and he also seems to lunge into his throws and almost push the ball. After working in the shotgun his entire college career Tebow struggled mightily with the center / quarterback exchange, fumbling about a half dozen times. Tebow also had some issues with his accuracy, missing a lot of throws badly. As was the case in college Tebow failed to throw a tight spiral on a consistent basis as well. Now for some positives. Tebow’s footwork as he dropped back was much better than I expected it to be and he also showed pretty good touch on his deep throws. We also got a glimpse of those renowned Tebow intangibles as he really took coaching well and was quite vocal in encouraging his teammates. However, all in all it was a very tough day for Tebow and he appears to be every bit the project most thought he was. On the bright side things can only get better.

• Oklahoma State QB Zac Robinson was the most impressive quarterback on the South team today. Robinson struggled with the deep ball but his intermediate throws were sharp and accurate with tight spirals.

• West Virginia QB Jarrett Brown’s drops appeared to be a little choppy but he displayed some elusiveness in the pocket while still keeping his attention downfield.

• Ole Miss’ Dexter McCluster is listed as a wide receiver on the roster but he worked as a running back today. McCluster is so small that he basically gets lost amid the offensive linemen but he is very tough and feisty. On one play McCluster was popped by Jamar Chaney but he managed to stay upright and keep running.

• Former U.A.B. quarterback Joe Webb had a pretty good day as he attempts to make the transition to wide receiver. Webb is extremely raw, not very explosive and may not have natural hands but he was extremely physical. Not only did Webb show the ability to get off the line and beat the jam against guys like Taylor Mays and Nate Allen but he did it in a violent fashion. On one rep he simply threw Javier Arenas to the ground and on another he delivered a bona fide headslap to Taylor Mays. Later in the practice Webb drew cheers from the crowd as he beat Patrick Robinson on a deep pass, which may have been the day’s biggest play.

• Ole Miss WR Shay Hodge dropped one ball early but overall he had a strong showing. Hodge displayed the ability to snatch the ball out of the air away from his body and also went down to make a nice catch in 7-on-7’s.

• Alabama TE Colin Peek dropped a catchable ball in 7-on-7’s but then came back a few plays later and redeemed himself with a nice grab.

• Florida WR Riley Cooper had a real hard time getting off the line versus the jam.

• Citadel WR Andre Roberts is very smooth and a polished route runner.

• The best way to describe Mississippi State RB Anthony Dixon is "A Bruiser".

timtebow.jpg

taylormays.jpg

• Nick Saban was on hand at practice and he noted to a fellow observer that Alabama OG Mike Johnson is a “good player

NORTH

The NFL Draft gods granted us beautiful weather today in Mobile, Ala. There wasn't a cloud in the sky and there was a nice breeze coming through as draft hopefuls on the North team performed in shells at Ladd-Peebles Stadium.

There was a lot of play installation and wishy-washy drills, so I wasn't that serious in scouting since a lot of players were getting their feet wet and settled in, and some drills you just have to take with a grain of salt since they just don't show much. Tuesday is always a better day to judge the talent. Let's get right to it:

When I first walked into Ladd, I headed to the back end zone to watch the punt returners field balls. Mardy Gilyard did a great job focusing and looking the ball in - he looked like a natural out there. "Make sure to judge the wind, Mardy," said a Lions special team coach.

This coach also told the player to cheat a bit to the right so they could come back to the left to make the catch based on the wind direction. I love these little tidbits you get watching an NFL coaching staff.

Jacoby Ford did a consistent job getting under punts, but running back Joique Bell from Wayne State struggled a bit in this department.

After the horn sounded for the next drill, I made my way to the sidelines and caught up with Chris Steuber of Scout.com and we watched the quarterbacks work.

Sean Canfield showed very unimpressive arm strength and really struggled to throw the ball on basic out patterns that he must complete at the next level. One time, the receiver ran a 12-yard out and Canfield had to get a bit of air under the ball to complete it. This throw needs to be a frozen rope and this is a deficiency you just have to doubt a quarterback to overcome at the next level, but I think Canfield has potential as a solid backup in the league.

Gilyard, a receiver I'm not a huge fan of, had a great day so I have to give it to him. He came cleanly out of his breaks and showed very good hands in a 3-cone receiver drill. He did a great job of adjusting to poorly thrown balls and I liked his body control. With Brandon LaFell out, the top senior receiver here is up for grabs and Gilyard is standing up to the pressure in front of scouts.

I thought California CB Syd'Quan Thompson had fluid hips in dropback drills, but we need to see how these translate to live action or if it was just a mirage.

Washington linebacker Donald Butler showed very slow feet in footwork drills, while TCU's Daryl Washington was textbook with his smooth athleticism and movement. Washington is a good technician who plays with a low center of gravity so this doesn't surprise me in the least.

In passing drills Tony Pike was awful today, and this is a big platform for him to make a push for the second round. A lot of his balls were wobbly and didn't come out crisp. It got so bad Steuber called him Tony "Bad Ball" Pike. Later on in the practice, Pike had a nice, accurate throw on a go route and did a good job of putting it in the breadbasket of his receiver. Overall Pike really struggled today, but you never want to overanalyze this stuff - there is a difference between a bad practice and a bad week. Sometimes it just isn't your day, but Pike isn't doing much to sway over the big boards of front offices.

During blocking drills, I thought Oregon's Ed Dickson showed good technique and hand use, but this was against a dummy so I'm not getting that excited. Tight ends coach Tim Lappano yelled at Wisconsin's Garrett Graham, "Roll your hips ... that's better!" Lappano got on Dickson later on for his ball security, "Put it away!"

Jacoby Ford and Danario Alexander showed very inconsistent hands today. These players might be borderline third-round picks so there is no doubt they need to step it up - especially Ford who has intriguing speed and athleticism over the middle.

I wasn't impressed with Ohio receiver Taylor Price today at all in individual drills or 7v7's. He rounds off his routes and struggles getting out of the break. He also had some bad hands, and as a lesser-known player he needs to step it up.

Ohio State's Kurt Coleman struggled to match up in man coverage drills. This just isn't his forte and safeties usually struggle with this drill. He had bad footwork and balance, but in space he seems to be a better player on tape where he can see the field and react. Nickel is probably out of the question of his skill set, however.

One of the players to watch this week is Rutgers corner Devin McCourty. I think he is presently a late second-round value, but he did an outstanding job today in drills breaking on the ball and showing great instincts. He's a player to watch with the title of No. 1 senior cornerback up in the air.

About an hour into practice, I noticed O'Brien Schofield getting helped off the field and it didn't look good. Unfortunately, Schofield tore his ACL. I don't need to tell you that this is a BIG hit to his draft status. I wish him the best.

Oregon running back LeGarrette Blount ran with authority today in drills (take it with a grain of salt). Surprisingly, no punches were thrown, but I'm not throwing in the towel yet on that prediction. In all seriousness, I don't like how Blount runs with a high pad level so that's something to look for. Non-explosive backs who stay high generally can't pan out in the NFL because they don't maximize power and expose their legs to linebackers.

A player to watch this week is Central Michigan's Dan LeFevour. He was highly impressive showing a solid arm and touch, but later in 11v11's he struggled a little bit. By far he was the most impressive QB out here today.

I watched Michigan State kicker Brett Swenson and I just wasn't that impressed with his leg strength on kickoffs as he struggled to get the ball into the end zone with an average hang.

My defensive MVP for the day has got to be Boise State's Kyle Wilson. In coverage he showed fluid hips and did a great job of locating the football and making plays. He was very physical with his jam and he certainly made the most plays. I like him as a second-round value as a corner/nickel with added value as a return man.

Wake Forest's Brandon Ghee looked solid. He dominated receivers on deep routes because he can turn and run with anybody here. I want to see how he performs against Clemson's Jacoby Ford, who will run in the 4.40 range. Ghee needs to make plays tomorrow if he wants to end up in the late first round.

Defensive tackle Tyson Alualu out of Cal had a very good practice in 11v11's. He was very physical and blew up a couple runs. He checked in at 6-2 at the weigh-in, so now I have serious concerns if he can play 5-technique. He might be a 3-technique only.

Originally Posted by GUNNA GET IT

• Florida WR Riley Cooper had a real hard time getting off the line versus the jam.

1st day Coop! 
pimp.gif

• It was an up and down day for Florida State CB Patrick Robinson. Early on Robinson was run over by a wideout in a drill due to poor footwork but to his credit he took some coaching and improved. Robinson also dropped an easy interception in 7-on-7’s but later came away with a pick against Tim Tebow. It appears as though Robinson does better against faster receivers than he does against big, physical pass catchers. Robinson also broke up multiple passes throughout the day.

Sounds about right. It's all about focus w/ this dude.

• After looking extremely impressive at the weigh-in Florida State S Myron Rolle carried that momentum onto the field and had a very good practice. Rolle displayed excellent technique, used his hands well and did a nice job of jamming wideouts at the line. It's still early but Rolle could surprise this week.

The Scholar
pimp.gif

I wanna see what happens in full pads in a game setting though. 

SI & NFLDC.   

In passing drills Tony Pike was awful today, and this is a big platform for him to make a push for the second round. A lot of his balls were wobbly and didn't come out crisp. It got so bad Steuber called him Tony "Bad Ball" Pike.
sick.gif

roll.gif

Good to see Corey Chavous on NFL Network last night. Always enjoyed his commentary when ESPN brought him into the fold for their draft day coverage. Dude has a serious passion for all things NFL draft.

Okay, thanks.

I'd seen links to Draftguys.com, don't know how reliable it is but everything I'd read said Jacoby had been a standout. Nothing about dropping balls (pause). Kind of surprised to read somewhere he only ran a 4.38.

Jacoby Ford (Clemson): He was the most consistent receiver on the north squad today. He wasn’t as quick out of his cuts as Gilyard, but he was fast enough and in control of his body. What he did better than all of the receivers as catch the football. In fact, I don’t remember seeing him drop a pass in any drill. He was also frequently getting open in the one-on-one, five-on-seven, and 11-on-11 drills. The QBs targeted him mostly on shallow routes, but he also managed to get separation and make clean catches on deep outs. What was telling was the fact the north quarterbacks gained confidence in Ford early and increased his targets as the five-on-seven and 11-on-11 drills progressed. Interestingly, Ford’s impressive play in the team drills came after he cramped up just after a quick practice break while returning a kick off. He got cramps in both calves and literally waddled slowly down the field, stretching his calves for five minutes. However, when it was time to get opposite a corner, he looked perfectly fine until the very end of practice when he cramped up again. Nothing major, but telling that his body was acting up and he still looked like the most reliable receiver on the field for the north squad.

Jacoby Ford (Clemson) was the star of practice today for the North squad. He made several spectacular plays, and was the most consistent receiver on the field. Ford can high point passes, go down low for a catch, and is always using his hands and not his body to make a catch. He is very quick in and out of his breaks, and can gain separation when the coverage seems tight. He knows how to set up defenders, and is especially good at running comeback routes.

Star of the day - WR Jacoby Ford, Clemson - catches everything, getting separation even with calf cramp!

now tebow has strep throat
laugh.gif
....ive had that #+## a couple times....a day on antibiotics and you're good so they better not use this as an excuse

[h2]Tim Tebow meets his worst career fears in Senior Bowl debut[/h2]
By Matt Hinton

ept_sports_ncaaf_experts-609853331-1264514486.jpg
On top of the technical issuesNFL scouts have with Tim Tebow as a prospective pro quarterback,there's also the standard next-level complaint about "the system" --specifically, among other things, that Tebow spent the entirety of hiscollege career at Florida taking snaps from the shotgun, never fromunder center, even in short-yardage situations. That seemingly minorqualm opens up an entirely new avenue of doubts about his ability toadjust to basic mechanics like footwork and turning his back to thedefense, fundamentals most quarterbacks have converted to second naturelong before they show up for NFL auditions (or, in most cases, beforethey ever set foot in an actual college game).

Florida tried to address that last year by hiring respected quarterbacks coach Scott Loeffler from the pro ranks, practicing with Tebow under centerand having him take a handful of "conventional" snaps in a few games,all with an eye to making the most celebrated college player in modernhistory a more viable prospect to the skeptics. But when he showed upMonday for the first day of heavy scrutiny at the Senior Bowl, all theold alarm bells started ringing at maximum volume -- Tebow reportedly flubbed his first snap from center, and it only got uglier from there:
Performing drills with fellow South team quarterbacks Zac Robinson ofOklahoma State and Jarrett Brown of West Virginia, Tebow fumbled theball at least twice while taking snaps under center.

Later in team drills, Tebow fell into his same old habits — holdingonto the ball too long, locking onto receivers and throwing wobblypasses.

The scouts noticed.

"He looks like the third QB out there," one NFC South talent evaluator said.

Of course, the two QBs in front of him, Robinson and Brown, also comefrom shotgun-based spread schemes that featured a steady dose ofquarterback-as-runner, and former Texas Tech coach Mike Leach -- asprominent an acolyte of the "college spread" as you can find --hilariously mocked the NFL mantrawhen his prolific protegé, Graham Harrell, met with failing grades fromthe scouts last spring. ("How could you possibly look yourself in themirror and consider yourself an NFL coach and not be able to teach aguy to run back three steps, five steps and seven steps? I can teach achild that!") Longtime coach and quarterback guru Marc Trestman, whoworked with Tebow to prepare for this week, said he didn't think Tebowlooked bad enough to hurt himself; Miami Dolphinscoach Tony Sparano, overseeing the South roster, said Tebow improvedover the course of the practice. If nothing else, he's already well onhis way to replacing Brett Favre's spot in Peter King's heart in the league's most influential weekly column.

But for a guy who needed a knockout week, the initial reviews are unadulterated fuel for the haters.Handling the snap is supposed to be the easy part of the transition; ifhe's still struggling with the basic exchange on national televisionthis Saturday, we won't be hearing the end of it anytime soon.

So, seriously, where is Riley Cooper slotted?

He just had to pay back a $250K signing bonus he got from the Rangers because he decided he wasn't going to pursue baseball...

Originally Posted by Nowitness41Dirk

So, seriously, where is Riley Cooper slotted?

He just had to pay back a $250K signing bonus he got from the Rangers because he decided he wasn't going to pursue baseball...
laugh.gif
 he should've did the baseball thing.......nfl aint for him coming from that fluky offense 

[h2]Day 2 updates from the Senior Bowl[/h2][h3]Scouts Inc. updates the action from Day 2 at the Senior Bowl[/h3]

Comment http://insider.espn.go.com/nfl/draft10/insider/news/story?id=4859226#/sendtofriend.espn.go.com/sendtofriend/SendToFriend?URL=http://insider.espn.go.com/nfl/draf...2 practice updates from the Senior&id=4859226">http://sendtofriend.espn.... Senior...le,noscrollbars,width=400,height=500');return false;">Email Print http:///a.espncdn.com/icons/share-icon-12x12.png)">http://a.espncdn.com/icons/share-icon-12x12.png) no-repeat scroll left top; -moz-background-clip: border; -moz-background-origin: padding; -moz-background-inline-policy: continuous;" rel="nofollow">Share
By Todd McShay, Steve Muench and Kevin Weidl
Scouts Inc.

MOBILE, Ala. -- Practice is getting under way for the North team onDay 2 of Senior Bowl week, and there are plenty of storylines tofollow. Now that the players are in full pads, the intensity isratcheting up and there is more on the line.

The struggles of Florida QB Tim Tebowwere the biggest news of Day 1, but there are other players to watch onDay 2. The North team is up first, and we're interested to see howOregon TE Ed Dicksonresponds after fighting the ball on the first day and whether the Northoffensive linemen can carry over the momentum they gained.
[h3]South team[/h3]• Practice has wrapped on Day 2, and we have a lot to digest. Be sureto check back throughout the week for our full reports on each day'spractices, and for full scouting breakdowns and practice reports on sixbig-name players taking part in the festivities here in Mobile.
• South Carolina OLB Eric Norwood showed in college that he can block punts, and he just got another one here during the special teams period.

•Georgia DT Geno Atkins is showing good quickness today and looks like asolid fit as a 3-technique in the NFL. At one point, Atkins abusedAlabama G Mike Johnson with a quick first step and good hand use.

• Florida WR Riley Cooper is having a solid day, making a spectacular one-handed catch over South Florida's Jerome Murphy.

• West Virginia's Selvish Capershas been the best offensive lineman on the South team during Day 2. Heis showing good mobility, is getting to the second level well and wouldbe a good fit for a zone-blocking team. Capers stopped Georgia DL Jeff Owens cold twice during drills.

• LSU RB Charles Scotthas been relentless as a blocker during nine-on-seven drills. Scottalso showed great focus during seven-on-sevens by catching a pass thatbounced off the hands of South Carolina OLB Eric Norwood.

• Alabama RB Roy Upchurch made a nice catch on a wheel route and ran with good balance during nine-on-seven drills.

•Drills have not been kind to USC S Taylor Mays, who needs to show thisweek that he can hold up in coverage. He looks stiff and is havingtrouble opening his hips out of his backpedal during one-on-ones.

• Ole Miss RB/WR Dexter McClusterhas been quick in his routes during one-on-one drills, catching theball well and making a nice diving grab on a deep ball from Tim Tebow.

• South Carolina OLB Eric Norwood tried to jam Auburn RB Ben Tateearly in his route but whiffed and could not recover. Tate tracked theball well despite looking back into the sun and made the catch down theseam.

•Texas MLB Rod Muckelroy moved well laterally and exploded up into the hole during bag work early but looked stiff during one-on-one coverage drills.

• A pair of defensive backs are looking good early. Both Oklahoma State CB Perrish Cox and South Florida S Nate Allen have been very fluid changing directions so far in drills.

• Depth in his drops and inconsistent accuracy still are problems for Tim Tebow as today's practice gets under way. He also appears to be pushing the ball rather than snapping it out of his hand.

• As the South team gets loose for practice, we're wondering how Florida State S Myron Rollewill respond after his body lagged behind his mind on Day 1. The rustwas showing for Rolle, who spent the past year studying at Oxford. Andthe big buzz here in Mobile is that Tim Tebow has come down with strep throat, although he has said he will continue practicing.

West Virginia QB Jarrett Brownalso will be under the microscope after struggling with his drops andfootwork on Day 1, and we'll be watching where Ole Miss WR/RB Dexter McCluster lines up as he tries to find a role in the NFL.

Finally, Alabama NT Terrence Codyhas to show the endurance to be effective for the entire practice. Helooked pretty bad while weighing in at 370 pounds, and there are enoughconcerns about his weight and discipline that his stock could starttaking a big hit.
[h3]North team[/h3]• Michigan DE Brandon Grahamalready has emerged as the leader of the North defense. Graham is quickwith good upper-body strength and technique. He never stops working,either. His motor is just ridiculous.
• UMass OL Vladimir Ducasseis talented but is being exposed a bit on the first day in pads. Hislack of technique and playing experience is showing today.

• Idaho's Mike Iupatiis clearly the best offensive lineman on the North roster. He is quick,powerful, balanced and nasty. He struggled when moved to tackle andmight fit best at guard in the NFL, but he is good enough to considerlate in the first round.

• Cincinnati QB Tony Pikewas very efficient during the seven-on-seven period, throwing with goodrhythm and making solid decisions. He found Dickson on a post routeafter looking off Nebraska S Larry Asante in the middle of the field.

• Iowa LB A.J. Eddsdid a good job of jamming and rerouting Wisconsin TE Garrett Grahamduring seven-on-sevens but stumbled when forced to turn and run, sowe're a little concerned about his man cover skills.

• Cincinnati WR Mardy Gilyardis having a strong overall day. He's running good routes and making alot of plays during seven-on-seven drills after showing off his quickhands and feet early in practice.

• Missouri OLB Sean Weatherspoon and Wayne State (Mich.) RB Joique Bellbattled during pass-rush drills. Weatherspoon dominated with powerearly but Bell did not back down, a good sign for the small-schoolprospect.

• Pass-rush drills were a good showcase for Virginia FB Rashawn Jackson, who played with an edge, anchored well and reset his feet well.

• Cincinnati WR Mardy Gilyardis showing quick feet and hands early in practice, doing a nice jobgetting off press coverage at the line. He beat California CB Syd'Quan Thompson over the top just now after beating the jam.

•Illinois TE Mike Hoomanawanui is not an explosive player but was crispduring cone work and is showing good leg drive during blocking drills.He impressed us Monday and is on a roll again today.

• Virginia CB Chris Cook is a rangy player with good size, and he is doing a nice job tracking the deep ball in drills.

• Missouri WR Danario Alexanderlooks stiff early on, struggling to get a clean release against presscoverage in opening drills. He was very productive in college but willhave to get off the jam better to succeed in the NFL.

• Theweather is once again beautiful here in Mobile, and the players have anextra hop in their step now that the pads are on and the contact iscoming. There is more energy and urgency on the field, and it lookslike we're in for a good day.

having really been keeping up...is Lindley not doing anything note-worthy, or what?  i thought John Conner was there as well.

I guess Maycock and Chavous are geeked over what McCluster is doing out there...comparing him to a more explosive Percy Harvin....

the kid is special

•Drills have not been kind to USC S Taylor Mays, who needs to show thisweek that he can hold up in coverage. He looks stiff and is havingtrouble opening his hips out of his backpedal during one-on-ones.

pimp.gif

Originally Posted by DLo13

pimp.gif

lmao just move him to linebacker and let him be the next darnell bing

Kurt Coleman is undersized and his footwork isnt great but he's a play maker. I hope he can make it to the league.

Im more shocked that Tebow's footwork is said to be better than expected. I figured itd be horrid.

• Idaho's Mike Iupatiis clearly the best offensive lineman on the North roster. He is quick,powerful, balanced and nasty. He struggled when moved to tackle andmight fit best at guard in the NFL, but he is good enough to considerlate in the first round.

pimp.gif

Back
Top Bottom