2010 Senior Bowl Thread 1/30/2010

laugh.gif
laugh.gif
laugh.gif
laugh.gif

Tebow talking about "I'm not ashamed of my mechanics, delivery, etc."

I wish I could sit in on some of his interviews with scouts/personnel guys. They're gonna go in...
laugh.gif

Lots of teamshave questions about Taylor Mays ability to play in the deep half. He'slate off the hash too much. No anticipation.
McCluster is dynamic. None of the South CBs could get a hand on him off the line. Like him better as a slot WR than a RB.

Big day for FL WRRiley Cooper. He is much more fluid than I originally thought. He'smaking a rise similar to Jordy Nelson a few yrs ago

Tebow threw it okay when he had a lot of room. However, when bodies close in, he can't get the ball out. Motion is WAY too long.

In passing drills Tony Pike was awful today, and this is a big platform for him to make a push for the second round. A lot of his balls were wobbly and didn't come out crisp. It got so bad Steuber called him Tony "Bad Ball" Pike. Later on in the practice, Pike had a nice, accurate throw on a go route and did a good job of putting it in the breadbasket of his receiver. Overall Pike really struggled today, but you never want to overanalyze this stuff - there is a difference between a bad practice and a bad week. Sometimes it just isn't your day, but Pike isn't doing much to sway over the big boards of front offices.
and who on here called him a 1st round QB?

• Michigan DE Brandon Grahamalready has emerged as the leader of the North defense. Graham is quickwith good upper-body strength and technique. He never stops working,either. His motor is just ridiculous.
My boy.
pimp.gif

He is gonna have most of the league wishing they didn't pass on him just like Lamarr Woodley.

[table][tr][td]Senior Bowl Q&A: Brandon Graham 
premium.gif
[/td][/tr][tr][td][table][tr][td]This story originally published on ScoutNFLNetwork.com[/td][/tr][/table][/td][/tr][tr][td]
773691.jpg

Brandon Graham (Gregory Shamus/Getty Images)
[/td][td]
[/td][td]
[table][tr][td]
By http:///search.scout.com/a.z?s=162&p=4&c=1&search=1&sskey=%22">http://search.scout.com/a...p;search=1&sskey="' + author + '%22&sssiteid=162&type=2';">Chris Steuber

Scout.com NFL Draft Analyst
Posted Jan 26, 2010
[/td][td]
756677.jpg

[/td][/tr][/table]

http://www.addthis.com/bookmark.php...{{title}} {{url}}&lng=en&uid=4868260a4627085fhttp://www.addthis.com/bookmark.php...nterest inside...&lng=en&uid=4868260a4627085fhttp://www.blogger.com/blog_this.py...23.html&n=Senior Bowl Q&A: Brandon Grahamhttp://michigan.scout.com/2/941323.html#email-a-friend-windowhttp://michigan.scout.com/a.z?s=162&p=10&c=941323&refid=4781|More

Michigan hybridBrandon Graham has been the most explosive defensive player in Mobilethis week. Scout.com's Chris Steuber caught up with Graham in Mobile.Find out how Graham's week at the Senior Bowl is going and what NFLteams are showing the most interest inside...
[/td][/tr][tr][td]

Chris Steuber: How are you enjoying the Senior Bowl experience so far?

Brandon Graham:Everything is going well. I came here in the best shape that I couldpossibility be in, and it’s paying off. I’m just excited right now.
[table][tr][td]
773692.jpg
Graham has been the most impressive defensive player in Mobile and will receive 1st round consideration in April.
Gregory Shamus/Getty Images
[/td] [/tr][/table]
CS: You should be excited, because you’ve been the bestdefensive player in Mobile. But even though you had your way againstmost of the offensive tackles during practice, who’s given you thebiggest fits, if anyone?

Graham: You know who’s really good, Sam Young. I wanted to go against him today, but I don’t play left end, and he plays right tackle. The guy from UMass [Vladimir Ducasse] is a tough guy, but Young is the guy that I want. He got me really good when we [Michigan] played Notre Dame. Even though we won, he got me really good a couple times during the game.

CS: With the success that you’ve had during practice, I’msure a lot of teams are interested in you. What teams have you met withso far, and did any team show more interest than another?

Graham: I’ve met with almost everybody so far, but the teams that stick out to me the most are the Tampa Bay Buccaneers and Kansas City Chiefs.But, I couldn’t really tell if a team showed more interest overanother. It’s exciting to just meet with NFL teams in general. For themto want to interview me and see what I’m about, that’s a blessing.

CS: In your meetings with teams, did they prefer you at a certain position?

Graham: Some teams want me to play linebacker andothers haven’t really said anything about the position I play. Theyjust told me to keep going; keep that motor moving, and that’s what I’mtrying to do.

CS: Where do you envision yourself playing at the next level, defensive end or outside linebacker?

Graham: It doesn’t matter what position I play; I’mjust going to give it 100-percent. They always told me that I had amotor, and I’m going to continue to play fast despite where I play.

CS: The player that I’ve compared you to is former Michigan standout LaMarr Woodley. How do you react to that comparison?

Graham: That’s what everybody is saying, and LaMarrWoodley is a great player. I’ve learned most of my skills from Woodleyanyway. I would agree with that comparison.

CS: The last two days you have really shown yourexplosiveness off the edge, is there any part of your game that youwant to improve on at this point?

Graham: I just want to keep pushing. I’d like toget to the ball more downfield, track somebody down and save atouchdown. I just want to give maximum effort and play until thewhistle.
[/td][/tr][/table]

Senior Bowl: Tuesday's Tight Ends Rankings Premium Story
This story originally published on ScoutNFLNetwork.com
TE Jimmy Graham (AP Photo/A. Diaz)
TE Jimmy Graham (AP Photo/A. Diaz)

By Ed Thompson
Scout.com Senior NFL Analyst
Posted Jan 26, 2010

| More

Scout.com's team of writers and analysts compared notes on the six tight ends that are showcasing their skills during Senior Bowl week. Who's at the top of their rankings and who's at the bottom? Check it out inside...

1. Jimmy Graham, Miami

Watching him this week, you'd never guess that Graham had just joined the Hurricanes football program prior to his senior season. The former basketball star has been running the smoothest routes of any of the tight ends in Mobile so far this week. At 6-foot-6, he uses his long legs and arms to his advantage. He uses his hands well to gain separation, and his gliding running style looks effortless. Although he had two early drops on easy passes, Graham became a consistent downfield threat on Tuesday, catching passes while in full stride--including a tough one up around his shoulder pads. He does a really nice job of watching the ball into his hands. He's still a bit raw in blocking technique and his stance, but he's been impressive during passing drills against defenders who are fourth- and fifth-year players.

2. Ed Dickson, Oregon

Dickson struggled a bit early to get separation coming off the line of scrimmage, but it didn't take him long to figure out how he could slip by the linebackers and beat them downfield. He blew by a linebacker and a safety for a deep pass that he caught in stride that would have been an easy score in real game action. He also made some tough catches that showcased his ability to grab the ball with his arms extended above his head or even with a defender on him so tight that the ball was nearly tipped away. He displayed a good physical presence and technique when run blocking, staying engaged and squared-up against defensive ends and linebackers.

Colin Peek keeps his eyes on the ball.
AP Photo/John Bazemore

3. Colin Peek, Alabama

If you watch Peek's footwork, the words "lumbering" and "clumsy" pop into your mind. But what you have to like about the Alabama tight end is that he overcomes that weakness in his skill set with remarkable hands and concentration in the passing game. Peek made a couple of catches by leaping for the ball, but also showed that he can snare a low throw that forced him to the ground to make the play. He showed good ability to turn linebackers to the outside during run plays to create a running lane.

4. Garrett Graham, Wisconsin

Graham has been steady, but not spectacular. He's shown the ability to leave a linebacker flat-footed with a nice fake during routes across the middle, but he's also lost some physical battles with linebackers who lock horns with him close to the line of scrimmage, thwarting his efforts to get out on his route promptly. He's been reliable as a run-blocker.

5. Anthony McCoy, USC

McCoy's inconsistency during the first two days of practice is going to raise doubts about his concentration if he doesn't get on track. He made some really challenging catches, but also dropped simple throws when he was wide open. McCoy also fell once while engaged in tight, physical coverage, but then held his own the next time it happened, resulting in the defender falling instead. Scouts are going to wonder which guy will show up at their training camp if he can't get into a groove soon.

6. Mike Hoomanawanui, Illinois

Hoomanawanui just seems to lack any zip or energy when running routes. Whether cutting to the inside or towards the sidelines, he rolls his cuts rather than using precise footwork to change direction. Hoomanawanui looked good while blocking defensive ends and linebackers, pushing them out of the action or using good leverage to stand them up. He's got good lateral movement as a blocker, but if he wants to improve his stock this week, he needs to show more life when called upon to contribute to the passing game.

How is a probable 1st-2nd (or 3rd round at worst) pick a sleeper?

If you are projected to go in the 1st 3 rounds you aren't a sleeper.

Originally Posted by dreClark

How is a probable 1st-2nd (or 3rd round at worst) pick a sleeper?

If you are projected to go in the 1st 3 rounds you aren't a sleeper.

Im saying...he's good. Everyone knows he's good.

Kyle Wilson, Boise State
Wilson leaps to the top of these congested ratings. This is a terrific group of cornerbacks in Mobile, and Wilson (5-foot-10) was the best on the field on Wednesday. He won the lion's share of his matchups against Cincinnati's Mardy Gilyard. Perhaps his best coverage of the day came in a one-on-one drill, when quarterback Tyler Canfield simply sat in the pocket with nowhere to throw the ball before the coaches blew the play dead.

Devin McCourty, Rutgers
The North's coaching staff (Detroit Lions) got on McCourty for not looking for the ball on a deep reception to Taylor Price. That misstep notwithstanding, the 5-foot-10 McCourty has all the tools to be a starting cornerback, from athleticism to physicality. This wasn't his best day, though.

Patrick Robinson, Florida State
Robinson (5-foot-11) is smooth, athletic, is used to playing man coverage and isn't afraid to get physical. On Wednesday, though, not enough of that showed up. He was generally in the vicinity but not close enough to make a play. It looked like he took a dive when beaten at the line of scrimmage while allowing a touchdown on an "in" route.

Chris Cook, Virginia
At 6-foot-1 1/2, he's got ideal size for the position, especially in this age of big receivers. Plus, he's got arguably the best ball skills. He had a nice interception at the sideline, showing anticipation and good footwork to pick off a weak throw from Tony Pike. Question is, will teams think he can run well enough to play corner in the NFL? Looks like the answer is yes.

Brandon Ghee, Wake Forest
Ghee (5-11) went from unranked to high up on this list after dominating the individual drills and one-on-one matchups. Ghee seems to be getting more comfortable with every practice. While McCourty and Robinson were oblivious to long balls coming over their head, Ghee showed good recognition. Veteran NFL cornerbacks often lack that trait.

Jerome Murphy, South Florida
At 6-foot, Murphy has the requisite size, and his 32-inch arms are the longest among the cornerbacks (other than Kentucky's Trevard Lindley), which gives him extra length. He made a handful of good plays on Wednesday and is really physical at the line of scrimmage. He about knocked Joe Webb on his butt at the line of scrimmage on one play. He also gave up two touchdowns on well-placed balls in a red-zone period.

Perrish Cox, Oklahoma State
The 5-foot-11 Cox had easily his best day with a pair of interceptions late in practice. On the down side, he was playing bump-and-run and got toasted at the line of scrimmage by Shay Hodge.

Nate Allen, South Florida
As good as the cornerbacks are, the group of safeties leave plenty to be desired. The best of the bunch is the 6-foot-1 Allen, who does just about everything well. Like the rest of this group, though, he's been susceptible to giving up the big play by letting receivers get behind him. On the plus side, though, he's athletic enough to cover, which is a must for a safety in today's NFL.

Harry Coleman, LSU
What makes Allen such a good prosect is his coverage skills. Coleman, on the other hand, is more of a traditional safety. Coleman seems to play bigger than his 6-foot-1, 206-pound frame, and he really made his presence felt as an in-the-box defender on running plays.

Taylor Mays, USC
After a great Monday, the 6-foot-3 Mays has just fallen off the face of the earth. You barely notice him half the time; it's not like he's playing poorly. Some team will take him early because they'll love his measurables and their coaches will think that they will be the ones that will bring out Mays' best, but his lack of impact on this stage is perplexing.

Originally Posted by UCLAMIKE

In passing drills Tony Pike was awful today, and this is a big platform for him to make a push for the second round. A lot of his balls were wobbly and didn't come out crisp. It got so bad Steuber called him Tony "Bad Ball" Pike. Later on in the practice, Pike had a nice, accurate throw on a go route and did a good job of putting it in the breadbasket of his receiver. Overall Pike really struggled today, but you never want to overanalyze this stuff - there is a difference between a bad practice and a bad week. Sometimes it just isn't your day, but Pike isn't doing much to sway over the big boards of front offices.
and who on here called him a 1st round QB?

I don't know who said that. McShay says Minnesota is after him with their first round pick though.
laugh.gif

Taylor Mays, USC
After a great Monday, the 6-foot-3 Mays has just fallen off the face of the earth. You barely notice him half the time; it's not like he's playing poorly. Some team will take him early because they'll love his measurables and their coaches will think that they will be the ones that will bring out Mays' best, but his lack of impact on this stage is perplexing.

How are people still being surprised by this? Anybody who's watched USC play the past 2 years should already know this.

Back
Top Bottom