:::2011-2012 Houston Texans Fans Thread:::

I was wondering how the 53-man roster changed after Mario got put on IR and they traded for Mason. David
Anderson got released and they resigned Trindon Holliday, and also brought Jesse Nading back from the practice
squad.

Anderson just seemed not to really be targeted, and even though I'm a fan of his, I can understand why they made
the move. Trindon has loads of upside, and should he make a good impact, I see both him and Mason taking away
targets from Jacoby. And Jesse Nading is another one of those reliable guys like Tim Bulman & Tim Jamison. He won't
replace Mario of course, but everybody stepping up like they can could fair just as well.

watching Matt throw that pick hurt my $@$!%#* soul man, when dude caught the bomb inside the 10 i honestly thought we were gonna win that game

30t6p3b.gif
30t6p3b.gif
30t6p3b.gif
30t6p3b.gif
30t6p3b.gif
30t6p3b.gif
30t6p3b.gif
30t6p3b.gif

son couldve ran it in the first time he stepped up out the pocket, idk why he didnt
30t6p3b.gif
30t6p3b.gif

i kicked a box across the room and started cursing up a store at work
30t6p3b.gif
30t6p3b.gif

it looks like another tough game VS Bal, $#+% man
30t6p3b.gif
30t6p3b.gif

^^^Ditto man. I know people will say stuff like "Well Branch(the D-end) would've killed Schaub", but with just a faster
reaction/awareness, that would not have been the case at all. Branch was nowhere in the picture at that point, and
I think Van **** was turned around covering Jacoby. Schaub could've had that TD, but it's on to the Ravens now.

Not to mention there was only ten men on the field for the Raiders on that last play.
This loss has taken some time to let go of for me personally
laugh.gif
30t6p3b.gif
. I should be used to $!+* like this by now, being a Texans fan and all.

Just win on Sunday baby
pimp.gif

What do you guys think about Jason Taylor? With Mario out some experience at OLB couldn't hurt.

http://www.nfl.com/news/story/09000d...module=HP11_cp

Texans not done dealing
Houston would like to get someone to replace Mario Williams, who is done for the year with a torn pectoral. There's not a starter available to pick up his production, but rookie Brooks Reed can help fill the void.

Adding a situational pass rusher like Jason Taylor makes sense. He wouldn't cost much, potentially a seventh-round pick that escalates if he plays and produces, and might get fired up to move from a last-place team to one with a good chance to make the playoffs.

^^^Yea I had just read that in the Raiders thread the other day. Even though 10 men would be
an "advantage", wouldn't that have been a penalty?

And a Taylor trade could do some good. Outside of his ******** year, he's always been productive.
But in thinking about a trade or FA, I just get the feeling that somebody else younger and just as
productive is at there for the taking. I just have no idea who that would be.

^^nice!
pimp.gif

sucks that we have a late game.  Tough game on the road, we definitely have a chance.  Schaub has to bring it, use the last game as motivation.

shuab is a bum they needa trade that mark %%% ninja. trade him for sorry %%% colts draft pic that is going towards andrew luck. texans have a long way to go, making the playoffs or not. not enough winners on the team.

Say what you want about Schaub (who took another pounding today but that goes unnoticed & unmentioned) but at some point Kubiak has got to get some real heat for these late game meltdowns.

It sound way too much like a broken record but its the same ol story with this team.

Had to get an image of this.

33nfguu.jpg

30t6p3b.gif

Schaub took a beating, and for as good as this offensive line supposedly is they haven't looked great lately.
AJ is sorely missed.

And Kubiak is to blame for not having his team ready to come out in the second half, it has been a continuous problem with this team( not playing 4 quarters).
This year the first half has been good to us while we've been slapped in the second half time and time again.
That falls on the coach, Kubiak has been here long enough and I don't think he's the man for the job.

still not worried about this season.

jags (2)
titans (2)
colts
falcons
panthers
buccaneers
browns
bengals

10 more games 7-3 or 6-4 down the stretch wins the division as long as you beat the titans

I still feel the same way, the team can still win 11 games in my eyes. Sure we could win the division with 9-10 games but I want to see something like a 12 win season.
I want this team to be elite, not on the fringe or just good enough to make the playoffs. Enough of that *%%$. I want a winner. Enough of this.

The talent is there, to me it just comes down to the coaching.
I feel like a proven coach could come in and definitely get more out of this group, hell look at what Jim Harbaugh is doing in San Francisco.
Coaches can elevate a team and Kubiak just isn't that kind of coach to me.

Honestly, none of those teams are easy. Well mainly because we won't make it look easy. Its just how we are. Until this team can play 60 minutes of football, then I don't see us going far.

I ignored a bunch of texts and had this game set on DVR as I was getting back to Houston, and wow. I don't really even
consider this one of those meltdown/hiccup type games like the Saints & Raiders. The Ravens flat out beat us. Our o-line got
pushed around and ended up with Schaub getting constantly beat up. The defense was holding on pretty well, but there
were plenty of times that Flacco should have been sacked or just hit in general, but he was able to avoid pressure and
convert passes. The secondary gave up 3-4 huge cringe inducing plays, which may or may not be contributed to not enough
pressure being put on Flacco.

Another thing, are the Texans trying to save face with Kareem Jackson just cause he's a 1st round pick? He is officially a
certified bum, and no matter how people feel about Jason Allen, he's just flat out better than Kareem. Whether Kareem's
playing 10 yards off a WR on a 3rd 7 short play, or just waiting on the WR to make the catch, and THEN going up to make
(or miss) the tackle, dude is a bum plain and simple.

Jacoby Jones was surprisingly a bright spot, especially after i made that 'Roy Williams or Jacoby Jones' thread. It's almost like
somebody who knows JJ on NT told him about that thread. JJ mustive felt that heat from the Mason trade and Holliday resigning.

The rest of the schedule is very winnable like do work said before, but we have to get the ball rolling right now, regardless of
injuries. We could legitimately take both Jags games, that Colts game, and if we don't sweep the Titans, 1-1 isn't too bad based
on the other teams on the schedule. We should beat the Browns regardless if they are healthy or reeling like they are right now,
and even though the Bengals are looking good right now, they are still the Bengals. The Bucs are night and day, but I feel like we
should take them, but a loss to them at a certain point would not surprise me either. The Falcons make me scratch my head every
week, as do the Panthers. Time to re-up and get ready for the Titans this week.

[h2]Texans call up Keo after placing Barber on I.R.[/h2][h3]The Texans signed rookie safety Shiloh Keo to their active roster on Wednesday and added two players to their practice squad.[/h3]
400keo.jpg

The Texans have signed rookie safety Shiloh Keo from their practice squad to replace safety Dominique Barber , who was placed on injured reserve with a Lisfranc fracture.

Keo (6-0, 212), a fifth-round draft pick, was waived by the Texans in final roster cuts on Sept. 3. A four-year starter and punt returner at Idaho, he played for Texans defensive coordinator Wade Phillips at the East-West Shrine Game. General manager Rick Smith called him a "diamond in the rough" on draft weekend. 

Barber, one of the Texans' best special teams players, was injured in the fourth quarter at Baltimore on Sunday. This is the third consecutive season that the fourth-year safety has ended on injured reserve.

The Cleveland Browns signed Texans practice squad running back Chris Ogbonnaya to their active roster. The Texans filled their two practice squad vacancies with running back Javarris Williams, who was with the Texans in the preseason, and safety Torri Williams, who appeared in one game for the Texans as an undrafted rookie in 2010.

Something a hated reading a few days ago in regards to why Jason Allen didn't get a lot of playing
time vs the Ravens. I got remember the exact quote, but when asked, Kubiak basically said he'd have
to go back and look at the film, and that he didn't notice that Allen wasn't on the field much. That's
pretty disturbing as a fan of the Texans that our head coach would say something like that out loud.

Total domination from the Texans. THAT'S how we are supposed to play w/o Andre. I almost felt
bad for the Titans though (except for the D-Line talkin &@^# and those lame %@^#& Griffin and
Finnegan.

@%*$ the Titans. I absolutely hate them. And I can't stand Titan fans that are from Houston.
Some are attached to the Oilers but you don't see people from Cleveland rooting for the Ravens.

This damn team is frustrating though, why can't they play like this is every damn week.
The schedule is looking really favorable right now, and I still think there's a chance they win 10-11 games.
And I wouldn't even bother bringing back Dre next week against the Jags, sit him out and make sure he's ready when we need him.

I think if we were still named the Oilers then it might be different.

Nice win nonetheless. Funny how Schaub looks when he gets protected, you know an actual good QB.

Word on those lame Titans fans who can't let go. I supported the HOUSTON Oilers and support the Houston Texans.
No damn is given to the Tennessee Oilers nor the Titans. And the schedule is really looking good right now. I realistically
see us being 7-3 going into the bye week, and we get the Jags again right after that
laugh.gif

7-3 is looking really good right about now, but you never know with this team.

And I don't want to hear about how Schaub sucks and he can't take you where you want to go. Any qb can look suspect if he doesn't have time to throw the ball.
Trent Dilfer and Brad Johnson won Super Bowls, granted their defenses were nasty but Schaub is way better than those two.

well that was fun! like i've been saying, sweeping the division puts you at 8 wins, and then you play panthers bucs falcons browns bengals. realistically i don't see us going worse than 10-6

Back
Top Bottom