2011 Air Jordan III (3) Blk/Cement-Grey: Aftermath Thread

still got the cdp IIIs on ice but iam not passing on this one
pimp.gif

the leather will probably be worse than the cdp's and those were bad. the paint held up pretty well on them though.
still looking for a pair of ds 01's but almost all of the ones i've seen are yellowing.

the leather will probably be worse than the cdp's and those were bad. the paint held up pretty well on them though.
still looking for a pair of ds 01's but almost all of the ones i've seen are yellowing.

Originally Posted by freezyfreeky

paint doesn't hold up well on the CDP's , mine have hairline cracks on the midsole after just a wears, but thats all the III's imo.

paint doesn't hold up well on the CDP's , mine have hairline cracks on the midsole after just a wears, but thats all the III's imo.

The 2003 & before AJ3 retro midsoles were softer and more absorbent, built for the here & now.
Midsoles 2004 on are more rigid, perhaps built to last longer, but it is easy to think through why
the paint easily chips way more now when under pressure.

I do believe though that the paint is coated thinner on the 2011 white-cements than the '09 TBs, '08 CDPs, '07 FRs, etc.
And it looks to me like there 2011 AJ3s have a different midsole mold all together. Look carefully at the angles near the
heel and the indentations. Midsole bulges less now. So this might actually be the '3rd generation' of retro midsoles for the 3s.
Technology good - effort and materials bad.

The 2003 & before AJ3 retro midsoles were softer and more absorbent, built for the here & now.
Midsoles 2004 on are more rigid, perhaps built to last longer, but it is easy to think through why
the paint easily chips way more now when under pressure.

I do believe though that the paint is coated thinner on the 2011 white-cements than the '09 TBs, '08 CDPs, '07 FRs, etc.
And it looks to me like there 2011 AJ3s have a different midsole mold all together. Look carefully at the angles near the
heel and the indentations. Midsole bulges less now. So this might actually be the '3rd generation' of retro midsoles for the 3s.
Technology good - effort and materials bad.

Originally Posted by SsTiNgEr77

my cdp's actually held up pretty well compared to my cool grey and fire red iii's. those lasted one wear or 2 before they started to peel and crack (similar to cg iv's). the cdp's made it thru dozens of wears before any signs of cracking. not that they should be peeling that fast to begin with. we all wear our shoes differently and paint is applied by different people at the factory so it will vary. but sometimes a release comes out with some cheap paint and there's no stopping it.

my cdp's actually held up pretty well compared to my cool grey and fire red iii's. those lasted one wear or 2 before they started to peel and crack (similar to cg iv's). the cdp's made it thru dozens of wears before any signs of cracking. not that they should be peeling that fast to begin with. we all wear our shoes differently and paint is applied by different people at the factory so it will vary. but sometimes a release comes out with some cheap paint and there's no stopping it.

ya I hear ya. Some ppl not as lucky as others. But for the most part you will eventually get cracks on the CDP III's midsole.

Green Rhino do you think the new mold will help w. the cracking?  I've only wore my 2011 Cements once and they still solid

Back
Top Bottom