2011 Air Jordan III (3) Blk/Cement-Grey: Aftermath Thread

I just bought a pair of '01 Cements, but I might cop these new retros because I love this colorway so much...

pimp.gif

I just bought a pair of '01 Cements, but I might cop these new retros because I love this colorway so much...

pimp.gif

Originally Posted by dtb00201

There's definitely NOT a noticeable difference in comfort between the 01 and 11 3s. I swear people act like these early retros were hand crafted by God. The padding is just about the same, and on foot they feel almost identical. It's really not that serious.

402335258.jpg

You just compared a DS shoe to a worn shoe though
indifferent.gif

There is DEFINTELY  difference in the padding:

fz83uf.jpg

One of the things that I loved the 3's in the '01-'03 days were the padding. It was untouchable to any shoe out there. Play ball in a pair and you'll know what I mean..

Originally Posted by dtb00201

There's definitely NOT a noticeable difference in comfort between the 01 and 11 3s. I swear people act like these early retros were hand crafted by God. The padding is just about the same, and on foot they feel almost identical. It's really not that serious.

402335258.jpg

You just compared a DS shoe to a worn shoe though
indifferent.gif

There is DEFINTELY  difference in the padding:

fz83uf.jpg

One of the things that I loved the 3's in the '01-'03 days were the padding. It was untouchable to any shoe out there. Play ball in a pair and you'll know what I mean..

Those aren't ds. I've worn them probably 10 times. I'm just lazy and never took out the sticker lol. Also, you just posted an 03 pair, which had more paddjng than the 01. I don't own the 03's so I can't speak on that, but on foot, the 01 and 11 3s do not feel that much different.

Those aren't ds. I've worn them probably 10 times. I'm just lazy and never took out the sticker lol. Also, you just posted an 03 pair, which had more paddjng than the 01. I don't own the 03's so I can't speak on that, but on foot, the 01 and 11 3s do not feel that much different.

Having a hard time deciding whether I want these or not...considering the 11s come out less than a month later. Anybody know if Finish Line will have these?

Having a hard time deciding whether I want these or not...considering the 11s come out less than a month later. Anybody know if Finish Line will have these?

The 01s have basically the same ankle padding as the 2011s, it's true....The 01s had better leather and a more padded tongue though but the ankle padding is the same and the feel on foot is similiar too. Even straight out the box, the 2011 early pairs feel good (I own both) and I've worn the 2011 pair more then 15 times now and not even a single paint chip anywhere or signs of it. There is a slight midsole crease on the right inner shoe but that is it

The 01s have basically the same ankle padding as the 2011s, it's true....The 01s had better leather and a more padded tongue though but the ankle padding is the same and the feel on foot is similiar too. Even straight out the box, the 2011 early pairs feel good (I own both) and I've worn the 2011 pair more then 15 times now and not even a single paint chip anywhere or signs of it. There is a slight midsole crease on the right inner shoe but that is it

I think what you guys forgot to mention is that the toe box shape is much different.
while the 2001 retros had a very steep toe front, the 2011 are more boxy.
But believe it or not, i prefer the shape of the 2011.
In terms of leather, ventilation (holes) and padding i prefer the 2001.
In terms of midsole paintjob i prefer the OG's or the 1994 retros ^^

I think what you guys forgot to mention is that the toe box shape is much different.
while the 2001 retros had a very steep toe front, the 2011 are more boxy.
But believe it or not, i prefer the shape of the 2011.
In terms of leather, ventilation (holes) and padding i prefer the 2001.
In terms of midsole paintjob i prefer the OG's or the 1994 retros ^^

skipped the cdp because it was like paying 300+ for a pair of cements at retail lol, so this time around i can get two pairs for 300 and it'll be worth it. I understand the quality has changed. hell the quality has changed even within the past 5 years nevermind the past 10 we just need to get over it its time. the quality WILL NEVER go back to the way it was and we all know this

Back
Top Bottom