2011 another great year for college football

Originally Posted by Bigmike23

• Rick Neuheisel as of now has an overall record of 20-27. He has to go 15-0 to catch Karl Dorrell. Karl FREAKING Dorrell.
    • Only two of Neuheisel's 27 losses by less than a touchdown. Six of 27 losses by less than 10 points.
    • 20 of 27 losses by two touchdowns or more.
    • 15 of 27 losses by three touchdowns or more.
    • Neuheisel's Pac-12 record is an abysmal 12-23, which includes a 0-3 record against Southern Cal.
    • UCLA total road record under Neuheisel is 5-17, for a .227 winning percentage.
    • UCLA's conference road record under Neu is 3-18. Those 3 wins came against a winless Washington team, a horrific Washington State team and this year's terrible Oregon State. Those 3 teams have a combined record of 3-30.

pulp-fiction.gif

Originally Posted by FeelMode

According to them we pay all of our players and only talk about our trophys and championships because we are living in the past and are irrelevent now
indifferent.gif

Not winning a rose bowl in generations is of no concern because they went 12-0 and stole DAT from us
laugh.gif

Sounds about right.
laugh.gif
I cannot tell you the amount of times that I've heard "USC is DONE!" and "The Pac should be re-named the Quack!" (which might be the gayest thing I've ever heard) over the last year and a half. Anytime I try to bring up the fact that USC will be back, and continue to get 5* recruits, I get hit with the "not if we keep stealing recruits from them!"

Sigh.

Random, the Oregon team consists of 18 actual kids from Oregon.  Players from Cali?  In the 40's or 50's if I remember right.  Try explaining that to anyone that watches just their one Duck game a week. 
laugh.gif

Lose in the NC than win the Rose. 
laugh.gif
  That'd be one thing if the program was 40 years deep, but just recent good vibes? 
ohwell.gif

I hope USC vs Oregon is as good as USC vs Stanford. Great game to watch, pulling for USC in the upset for BCS purposes of course. I still find it funny that UGA has rattled off that win streak, when all signs pointed to CMR being tossed out the door. If Grantham can turn that defense around in year 2, we can't bring in a DC to match Petrino. Willy Robinson just won't cut it man. We got ate up on the deep ball and our DBs STILL can't play a pass in the air after 4 years smh.

I wouldn't be surprised to see Knile Davis suit up this weekend.

edit - SEC is top heavy this year, but it'll be more competitive next season.  

What I can't stand it the way the Ducks change their play calling in big games.  Oh big OOC game!  Lets starting running a psuedo-Ace formation, and use a drop back pass strategy with a the exact same to the middle right from time to time.  If things get nasty just run the ball up the middle all 3 plays and then punt the ball if that doesn't work.  It's all super conservative play that has never won the Ducks any games.

Then in games where it's a big who really cares they stay with the spread (or the blur I guess they're calling it now) and win.  It honestly confuses the hell out of me why year after year for big games they use anything other than the spread.  At best I would imagine that the coaches are/were worried that the other team would analyze and find a way to shut down the offense, but in the end the offense was off center, stale, and was shut down each time anyways.
OSU in the Holiday Bowl beat with the spread 42-31
USF in the Sun Bowl beat with the spread 56-21
OSU in the Rose Bowl lost using this weird playcalling 26-17
Auburn in the NC lost using this weird playcalling 22-19
And of course LSU this year using the same weird crap 40-27

Edit: Also I'm a Duck fan living in Corvallis...the things I hear
roll.gif

Originally Posted by dreClark

laugh.gif
What do they say?
well before the season started, utah fans were talking about how they were gonna do well in the pac-12 and @%%. BYU fans are always delusional, thinking they can hang with the big boys. People were PUMPED after they beat Ole Miss. I sometimes just root for them to lose.

Originally Posted by University of Nike

Originally Posted by Nako XL
In case you missed it...
Originally Posted by University of Nike

Dude, trust me... if there's ANYONE that wants a damn OOC win, it's me. Until we get one, I can understand why Oregon doesn't get too much national attention/respect. I'm not even going to make excuses, the team has done nothing but %!%# the bed in big games. You don't get anything for being the Rose Bowl runner-up, or a National Championship silver medal.

And I only used Tenn because Feel used Tenn/Texas in UCLA's defense. Neither of those teams are the Vols of old or the Vince Young/Colt McCoy Texas teams.
ah, i did miss it. ignore my last post.

Originally Posted by CP1708

If I was smart enough and new how, I would plant a camcorder and record the convo's I hear at work.  I got a guy that talks ALL DAY LONG and loudly about this that and the other with the SEC, and he don't even watch college football. 
roll.gif
  The best part is because I have tried before to talk sense into him, he considers me an SEC honk. 
eek.gif
roll.gif
roll.gif
roll.gif

All awesome. 

I do see a lot "more" Duck fans than I used too, but I get that.  And really that's normal.  But for them to suddenly think they are experts, that's OD.  I don't even manage to keep up with the game as much as some of you in here, but I have at least some working knowledge of the game, they watch one game a week and try to tell folks how it is. 

The other week a friend of mine was havin a party for the "big game"  I was impressed.  "Ya'll gettin together for LSU-Alabama?"  "No, the Duck-Husky game". 
indifferent.gif
  Wha?  I mean,......I.....Ok, I get that's a nice game, but......do you, eh nevermind. 
laugh.gif
  I walked away disgusted.  They had no idea Bama and LSU were even playing.  Beam me up Scottie. 
laugh.gif

Ducks Vs. fusky's was the only game on that saturday. try and tell me different
k385t5.png

I don't feel like posting anything thoughtful about the game on Thursday, but to fulfill my obligation of posting VT %!%% nobody cares about, Hootie from Hootie and The Blowfish is gonna be singing the national anthem.
pimp.gif

[h1]Meyer Discusses and Dismisses Arizona Job[/h1]
Spoiler [+]
[h6]By PETE THAMEL[/h6][h6]Published: November 15, 2011 [/h6]
Urban Meyer met with Arizona’s athletic director, Greg Byrne, in Miami early last week to discuss the Wildcats’ job, according to a person with knowledge of the meeting, but ultimately decided he was not interested. The person said that Meyer, who has expressed his desire to return to coaching, was intrigued but informed Byrne in a telephone call Monday night that he was not going to pursue the job.

Where Meyer will end up coaching next season is one of the more intriguing questions in college football. Meyer, who left Florida after last season, is considered the leading candidate for the head coaching positions at Ohio State and Penn State, which are both expected to be open after this year. Ohio State’s Luke Fickell and the interim Penn State coach Tom Bradley are not expected to keep their jobs after inheriting them amid turmoil. (Fittingly, Penn State plays at Ohio State this weekend.)

Meyer won two national championships at Florida and compiled a 65-15 record in six years with the Gators before stepping down last year to spend more time with his family. He has worked as a commentator for ESPN this season.

The Arizona job has been open since early October when Byrne fired Mike Stoops after a 1-5 start. Tim Kish has been the interim head coach since. The possible candidates to replace Stoops at Arizona include the former Oregon coach Mike Bellotti, the former Texas Tech coach Mike Leach, the former Michigan coach Rich Rodriguez and Southern Mississippi Coach Larry Fedora.

The fact that he even met with Byrne has to show that he's at least somewhat interested in or thinking about making a return to coaching sometime soon, right?

Larry Fedora is the guy I want at TAMU. He's a College Station guy.

Originally Posted by 5am6oody72

I don't feel like posting anything thoughtful about the game on Thursday, but to fulfill my obligation of posting VT %!%% nobody cares about, Hootie from Hootie and The Blowfish is gonna be singing the national anthem.
pimp.gif
I would've preferred to see a long post than a pimpin emoticon for Hootie.  I could've forgiven/ignored your other thoughts.

Originally Posted by tmay407

The fact that he even met with Byrne has to show that he's at least somewhat interested in or thinking about making a return to coaching sometime soon, right?

Larry Fedora is the guy I want at TAMU. He's a College Station guy.
What about Coach Eric Taylor?

Back
Top Bottom