2011 another great year for college football

Texas D 
pimp.gif

tumblr_lqtb9cNL4y1qa6kqao1_400.gif

I can't believe I got suckered into believing the hype of this team winning ten games. I don't know why I keep letting Aggie athletics do this to me.

Adios Texas. Hopefully we meet up again sooner rather than later.

was looking at some of the predictions from the last thread for this season

Originally Posted by Nako XL

Originally Posted by after h0urs

USC

Worst case: 8-4

Best case: 12-0 with split National Champion talk
grin.gif

Most likely scenario: 10-2
USC
Best Case:  11-1

Worst Case:  8-4

Realistic:  9-3... maaaaaybe 10-2

I was gonna say 9-3 but I honestly think we can beat Notre Dame and Stanford (I doubt we'll beat both, but either or, most definitely).  I think 10-2 or even an ambitious 11-1 is possible.

pimp.gif

How many 2nd half collapses is a coach allowed to have under his watch in 1 season? This is like the 5th time this season 
laugh.gif
This game was about to be a blowout in the 1st quarter...Texas looked like they wanted no part of this game and A&M came out fired up. Sherman is just awful...I'm really embarrassed for A&M. I think even Reverend Nutt would be an upgrade over him
ohwell.gif

Texas has all the pieces to make another run soon. I can see Manny sticking around for 1-2 of those years before getting a HC job. Their CBs are already better than the ones they had during the Colt McCoy Era and you gotta think they're due for an upgrade at safety after 4 years of Blake Gideon. Looks like Case McCoy might be the QB they need. His problem was that he would look overwhelmed by the speed of fast defenses and that was the case again in the 1st quarter tonight. Then he got comfortable and started playing freely and that's when things started to open up. Give him a full offseason to develop w/ the starters and we'll see

Two problems killed us every game, and they're both reasons for the collapses. We were just in terrible shape. We played really well in the trenches in the first halves, but started getting pushed around in the second halves, specifically on defense. We also failed to ever make adjustments while the other team would make just about every necessary adjustment to counter what we were doing.

Very underwhelming season.

If they keep Sherman around for the sake of continuity through the SEC change...
30t6p3b.gif

This is a chance to hit the reset button on that program and they need to do it badly... Can his !!+ and go get someone else... Brent Venables, Larry Fedora, anyone would be better than Mike Sherman.

I fell asleep early, around halftime of that game, fully expected TAMU to blow it.
laugh.gif

They better drop Sherman.

(Holla @ Coach Sumlin...)

Originally Posted by DLo13

I fell asleep early, around halftime of that game, fully expected TAMU to blow it.
laugh.gif

They better drop Sherman.

(Holla @ Coach Sumlin...)

smokin.gif

I never have been a fan of Sherman. when he was hired I felt like it was Bill Callahan all over again. failed NFL Head Coach bringing a Losing style to a pretty significant college program.

How can he possibly keep this job?
He got the dreaded vote of Confidence last week too...
indifferent.gif

he's gotta GO!

I don't want Sumlin to take a job he'll inevitably fail at just because it's more prestigious than UH (a la Rich Rod).

Just throwing this out there, because I'm almost certain he has no Northeastern connections, and i have zero insight into him or penn but what are the chances PSU gives him a look if the Golden rumors are false? Would he be able to succeed over there?

I don't want Sumlin to take a job he'll inevitably fail at just because it's more prestigious than UH (a la Rich Rod).

It isn't about the prestige, as much as it is about the unrealistic expectations of the fanbase, alums, and boosters. The Aggies consider themselves to be an elite team with a storied tradition of winning, and expect to be in the mix for conference championships each year. For some reason, Sherman has an extremely long leash. Sumlin has A&M ties, but something's telling me that his leash will be much shorter than Mike S's.
They screwed themselves when they got rid of R.C. Slocum in 2002. If they keep Sherman heading into 2012, they deserve their annual 6-7 win season.

Case Mccoy interview after the game had me crying. His voice matches his face perfectly lmao

Dude sure looks ******ed as %#+!, but he got us that win last night, all that matters.
laugh.gif
pimp.gif

Back
Top Bottom