2011 another great year for college football

next years early prediction thread should be priceless
laugh.gif
I can see it building already.

I see you lane
nerd.gif

6923o5.jpg

Let's not get ahead of ourselves. USC looks like next year they could reign again, but if Barkley goes they will definitely need a quarterback. But who is filling those shoes?

LSU and USC have a ton of talent coming back next year. I would say that those 2 have the inside track at going to the MNC.

Not that it matters but USC not moving up in the AP poll is a joke (from 10th to tied for 9th). And Arkansas
laugh.gif
are you serious? that team definitely should have dropped past 6.

Id love to see SC get a shot at Bama or LSU, maybe those D's could stop our offense but id have to see it to believe it right about now. On the other hand our D can still get burnt but I dont see the offensive playmakers on either squad that would be doing it, matter of fact AJ would I believe look awfuk against us.

Oh well, we dont have the body of work or are we eligible to even make that happen but sure would be interesting considering how we have played the 2nd half of the year.

Where does Stanford wind up in the bowls I wonder? I hope its not against VTech again, dont see that working out any better for the Hokies. I wish they could draw Arkansas, but again oh well not happening.

Out here in Cali and I caught the 2nd half of the USC game and lmaoo @ the UCLA fans drinking away their pain in the bars

Oh, and Arkansas WR's are TERRY CLOTH. Straight baby wipes
30t6p3b.gif

Butch Jones on the list for UCLA, UNC and Illinois. No way he takes the Illinois job but who knows about the other 2.

Originally Posted by TakedownKid

So insider information says Barkley and Kalil will be signing insurance policies next week... I don't find it hard to believe since Barkley's daddy is loaded. But time will tell if he decides to change his mind.

pimp.gif
pimp.gif
pimp.gif
pimp.gif
pimp.gif

if he's back i want them going all the way.

BigMike, sorry bruh!, silver lining is that this loss probably pushed our AD to pull the trigger on letting go of Slick Rick.

he was getting fired no matter what. the only thing i was hoping for this season would be the bum getting fired and it will now happen. i have no faith in DG making a good hire tho.

Past two years, Stanford had no business winning, shady clock management and a ridiculous personal foul call got you the last two wins.

roll.gif
dude do you ever own up to a team just beat you straight up?

gain with the Woods/Lee argument.  Look, bottom line, both have NFL talent around them

be honest with yourself. both have OL that will be 1st round picks so would you rather have NFL talent at TE or WR?

is brakely having a better year stats wise? sure but its 2 difference offenses. but dont sit here and act like come NFL draft time you will pick Barkely over luck. and chester with the luck is overrated talk will be on hands and knees sucking him off if the 49ers traded there whole draft for him

Gus Mazlahn's offense has looked like +$!% every year except one... take a guess why it looked good that one year.

thought his 1st year auburn was top 20 in offense? and he had that bum Chris Todd looking good?

Originally Posted by dreClark

Oh, and Arkansas WR's are TERRY CLOTH. Straight baby wipes
30t6p3b.gif

O my God. them dudes turned into Honey I shrunk the Kids status.

sick.gif

A cat on Twitter said this about the Gators:

If UF would have taken a Knee on every offensive snap they would have at least went into OT

laugh.gif
laugh.gif

Decided Schematic Advantage!!!!!

Originally Posted by Bigmike23

Past two years, Stanford had no business winning, shady clock management and a ridiculous personal foul call got you the last two wins.
roll.gif
dude do you ever own up to a team just beat you straight up?

I'm not one to blame refs for the outcome of a game but last year's game was straight robbery.  That "mess up" was huge in determining the outcome of the game.  I don't care what anyone says, playing with over a minute and 2 time-outs versus ~50 seconds on the clock and 1 time-out is a major difference.

Originally Posted by GUNNA GET IT

laugh.gif
IronMan is tripping.

Malik Jackson made himself a TON of money by proving he can play DE and DT. He's all SEC DT and was one last year, and he did go to a bowl game
roll.gif

Mannnnn Last Nite, I laughed for a good 20 minutes at UCLA and How CLK was Trolling.
laugh.gif
laugh.gif
, Nah man, that's not what I meant.  Malik always had "first round" talent, it was always a matter of his "motor".  The switched turned on at UT, but he was on his way before he transferred.  So he was going to get a big payday anyway, he's going to do well in the combine as well, without a doubt.  Yes, UT went to a bowl last year...but let's be real the only time UT comes up nowadays is this thread.  It's the only pub they get.
be honest with yourself. both have OL that will be 1st round picks so would you rather have NFL talent at TE or WR?
is brakely having a better year stats wise? sure but its 2 difference offenses. but dont sit here and act like come NFL draft time you will pick Barkely over luck. and chester with the luck is overrated talk will be on hands and knees sucking him off if the 49ers traded there whole draft for him

If the season was a chart, Barkley and Luck have gone in opposite directions.  Barkley turned it up and Luck has been his consistent self, but early in the season when USC was struggling to put away Minnesota, Syracuse, etc., no one was making all these excuses for Andrew Luck. 

We are talking about who is the best CFB player right now and without a doubt it's Matt Barkley.  Now is Matt Barkley a better QB in the grand scheme of things, don't know, it remains to be seen.  Barkley definitely closed the gap.  Luck is almost 99% guaranteed to be wearing a Colts uniform next season, the 1% being another NFL team slipping into the #1 spot.

Luck, according to scouts, and I believe from seeing him live, has all the measuarables to be a great NFL QB.  That is NOT the discussion.  You can blame it on Lucks "all of a sudden" lack of talent or David Shaw's "all of a sudden" conservative playcalling.  Bottom line is that Luck has not done anything that is
eek.gif
eek.gif
.  The knock early in the season with Luck wasn't the lack of talent around him but the fact that they weren't playing anyone worth noting.  It was, Andrew Luck is having a great season but "he hasn't played against anybody" but he's hasn't made any mistakes so he's still the Heisman front runner.  His showcase games were in the second half of the season against USC, Oregon, ND and maybe the CCG.

USC: He played well, almost lost the game with the pick 6, should've lost the game with the pick 6.  Got a gift call from Pac 12 officials to keep the final drive alive.  Led his team to victory in 3OT.  Great game, but despite the win, the pick 6 is a great highlight for the other team.
Oregon: Not a very convincing performance.
ND: Great performance, but the luster of ND has already wore off.  Coming off a sad close victory to BC, and with everybody asking "ND is ranked?" (Insert Yao face).

You don't get the Heisman simply because you are the best NFL QB prospect?  Just my opinion, Luck hasn't done anything Heisman worthy.  He doesn't have the best statistics in his own conference, he doesn't have a "showcase" performance

Best QB prospect: Luck
Best NFL QB: We'll have that discussion in 4-5 years.
Best College QB: Barkley

On another note and now that we are facing a "rematch" possibility.  There's a lot of focus on the BCS, however, a simple solution may be found by posing this question:

Is it time that Conferences do away with Divisions?  (Serious question)

Wouldn't it be great to see Alabama vs. LSU on a neutral site for the conference championship game?  They are the two best teams in the conference (sorry Cardo) and you avoid the rematch in the NCG.
Wouldn't it be great to see Oregon vs. Stanford in Autzen (
30t6p3b.gif
)?  Stanford and Luck get another chance at the Ducks.  Gives a chance for Stanford/Luck to silence doubters on a big stage on the road.  Beats watching UCLA vs. Oregon, *shrugs*.

Kills two birds with one stone, if Bama wins, LSU doesn't have a gripe since they didn't win the conference.  We'll see Bama play someone else in a NCG.  Stanford doesn't have a gripe being left out of the CCG, and gets a shot at the Rose Bowl.

Originally Posted by Statis22

Montee Ball is the best player in college football.

He's a great player but there are a couple other backs who would be doing the same thing behind that offensive line. Scoring a lot of touchdowns =/= being the best player. 

Naw, Ball ain't the typical Wisconsin back though. He'd beast for any team in the country.

He's having the beat season.

Originally Posted by after h0urs

Nelson Agholor:
http://twitter.com/#!/NelsonAgh3
NelsonAgh3: Gas 42.00 lunch today 7.56 staying up late to watch USC beat UCLA priceless
pimp.gif
pimp.gif
pimp.gif

I tried to tell guys on here Nelson is a Trojan, and I think he kinda made up his mind on that LAST summer but so far I've been told he isnt leaving the state of Florida and he is a Georgia lock.

We'll see, like i have stated ill be shocked if he signs an LOI with anyone other then USC.

As for Barkley, the 2nd half of the season he has been playing Heisman worthy ball, unfortunately he wasn't the first half of the season and I think it's too little too late. He may have played his way into an invite though.

He's also feeling himself the last couple weeks, which I've never seen before. Good for him, but I still think he needs another year. He has been very fortunate to have so many weapons around him and I firmly believe you give Luck Woody and Marqise and Luck wins in a landslide, they beat Oregon and are playing for the Chip.

USC right now is top 5 material, but some of the fanbase is delusional talking about SC would curb stomp LSU and Bama
laugh.gif
(Not on this board btw)

I do think USC would probably give either of those teams the best shot though. Now that are team has gelled we simply have to many athletes to not be in contention in any game we play. I feel we would knock off the big 12 schools and the big 10 schools somewhat handedly at this point. Might be sunshine pumping but I just dont see USC losing to Okie St, Wisco, V Tech, Boise or Houston right now and a game with Arkansas I dont think would be as close as the Wisco game.

Back
Top Bottom