2011 another great year for college football

Originally Posted by acidicality

Zach Maynard is slowly looking like the next Joe Ayoob
30t6p3b.gif
. Hopefully he can turn it around, but maybe it's time to look at Bridgford.
Ayoob>Maynard

Maybe I'm just saying this cause of how disappointed I am right now
laugh.gif

Can anyone put together a list of the Top 10 Defenses so far this year? Just wanna know who's in the room wit us besides Bama/LSU..

Originally Posted by 10508 Cardo Jr Ln

Can anyone put together a list of the Top 10 Defenses so far this year? Just wanna know who's in the room wit us besides Bama/LSU..
The pups are not in the same crib with Bama or LSU on defense 
laugh.gif

In terms of yards allowed per game:

[table][tr][th=""]Rank[/th][th=""]Name[/th][th=""]Games[/th][th=""]Plays[/th][th=""]Yds[/th][th=""]Avg[/th][th=""]TDs[/th][th=""]Ydspgm[/th][th=""]Wins[/th][th=""]Losses[/th][th=""]Ties[/th][/tr][tr][td]1[/td][td]Michigan St.[/td][td]5[/td][td]275[/td][td]867[/td][td] 3.15[/td][td]7[/td][td] 173.40[/td][td]4[/td][td]1[/td][td]0[/td][/tr][tr][td]2[/td][td]UCF[/td][td]5[/td][td]274[/td][td]888[/td][td] 3.24[/td][td]6[/td][td] 177.60[/td][td]3[/td][td]2[/td][td]0[/td][/tr][tr][td]3[/td][td]Alabama[/td][td]6[/td][td]356[/td][td]1148[/td][td] 3.22[/td][td]5[/td][td] 191.33[/td][td]6[/td][td]0[/td][td]0[/td][/tr][tr][td]4[/td][td]Penn St.[/td][td]6[/td][td]397[/td][td]1505[/td][td] 3.79[/td][td]6[/td][td] 250.83[/td][td]5[/td][td]1[/td][td]0[/td][/tr][tr][td]5[/td][td]LSU[/td][td]6[/td][td]396[/td][td]1524[/td][td] 3.85[/td][td]8[/td][td] 254.00[/td][td]6[/td][td]0[/td][td]0[/td][/tr][tr][td]6[/td][td]Georgia[/td][td]6[/td][td]377[/td][td]1563[/td][td] 4.15[/td][td]15[/td][td] 260.50[/td][td]4[/td][td]2[/td][td]0[/td][/tr][tr][td]7[/td][td]Wisconsin[/td][td]5[/td][td]301[/td][td]1321[/td][td] 4.39[/td][td]6[/td][td] 264.20[/td][td]5[/td][td]0[/td][td]0[/td][/tr][tr][td]8[/td][td]Temple[/td][td]6[/td][td]369[/td][td]1633[/td][td] 4.43[/td][td]9[/td][td] 272.17[/td][td]4[/td][td]2[/td][td]0[/td][/tr][tr][td]9[/td][td]South Carolina[/td][td]6[/td][td]400[/td][td]1647[/td][td] 4.12[/td][td]15[/td][td] 274.50[/td][td]5[/td][td]1[/td][td]0[/td][/tr][tr][td]10[/td][td]Florida St.[/td][td]5[/td][td]331[/td][td]1419[/td][td] 4.29[/td][td]12[/td][td] 283.80[/td][td]2[/td][td]3[/td][td]0[/td][/tr][/table]

Originally Posted by 10508 Cardo Jr Ln

???

yo u gave up damn near 400 yards to open the season...

you gave up 45 points to stephen garcia...

you're ranked 50th in the country in every defensive statistic...

i know you're trolling but still.

Georgia's stats/rankings:

[table][tr][th=""]TEAM RANKINGS[/th][/tr][tr][th=""]120 teams ranked in Football Bowl Subdivision[/th][/tr][tr][th=""]12 teams ranked in the Southeastern Conference[/th][/tr][tr][th=""] [/th][/tr][tr][th=""]Category[/th][th=""]National
Rank[/th][th=""]Actual[/th][th=""]National
Leader[/th][th=""]Actual[/th][th=""]Conf
Rank[/th][th=""]Southeastern
Conference Leader
[/th][th=""]Actual[/th][/tr][tr][td]Rushing Defense[/td] [td]12[/td] [td] 85.83[/td] [td]Alabama[/td] [td] 39.83[/td] [td]3[/td] [td]Alabama[/td] [td] 39.83[/td] [/tr][tr][td]Pass Efficiency Defense[/td] [td]8[/td] [td] 102.94[/td] [td]UCF[/td] [td] 71.15[/td] [td]4[/td] [td]Alabama[/td] [td] 85.04[/td] [/tr][tr][td]Total Defense[/td] [td]6[/td] [td] 260.50[/td] [td]Michigan St.[/td] [td] 173.40[/td] [td]3[/td] [td]Alabama[/td] [td] 191.33[/td] [/tr][tr][td]Scoring Defense[/td] [td]T-20[/td] [td] 19.17[/td] [td]Alabama[/td] [td] 7.00[/td] [td]3[/td] [td]Alabama[/td] [td] 7.00[/td] [/tr][tr][td]Net Punting[/td] [td]71[/td] [td] 36.21[/td] [td]UTEP[/td] [td] 44.15[/td] [td]10[/td] [td]Kentucky[/td] [td] 41.43[/td] [/tr][tr][td]Turnover Margin[/td] [td]47[/td] [td] .33[/td] [td]Rutgers[/td] [td] 2.80[/td] [td]6[/td] [td]LSU[/td] [td] 1.83[/td] [/tr][tr][td]Pass Defense[/td] [td]11[/td] [td] 174.67[/td] [td]UCF[/td] [td] 100.20[/td] [td]3[/td] [td]South Carolina[/td] [td] 128.50[/td] [/tr][tr][td]Sacks[/td] [td]T-51[/td] [td] 2.00[/td] [td]Texas A&M[/td] [td] 4.20[/td] [td]3[/td] [td]South Carolina[/td] [td] 2.17[/td] [/tr][tr][td]Tackles For Loss[/td] [td]17[/td] [td] 7.67[/td] [td]Marshall[/td] [td] 9.67[/td] [td]2[/td] [td]LSU[/td] [td] 8.00[/td] [/tr][/table]
Edited to show national leaders...

whaaa...?? you dudes be counter-trolling cause ya'll know the JYD's back!
#s dont lie, only game the defense played bad was the 1st game against BSU and this is only year 2 of the defense. got chills right?

We're not a Bama/LSU type D yet, but we're clearly on our way...Top 10, ya'll gon get it worse than anyone tho cause we'll be 100% healthy for the first time this season that game 
wink.gif

Statis22 & tmay407 - preciate that 
bfe15f69a6b6fa20a2956815c5e1a03ffcddf92.gif

I don't care how high you chart in everything else, if you're giving up 20 points a game, you're not a top 10 defense.

The main job is to keep points off the board.
laugh.gif

Scoring Defense is misleading.  Boise hit us for 35, fine.  Look back at the South Carolina game though.  That 45 is counted but there was 28 points scored directly off of TOs/Special Teams.(Pick 6, Fake Punt run for TD, Fumble return to like the 1, Fumble return for TD)   Yet UGA's Scoring D takes a hit for that.

In fact, I'll take it a step further just for comparison sake and how you shouldn't always look at scoring D as the end all be all.

I'll leave the Boise and UT scores alone as I don't remember any TOs being directly the cause for Boise scoring.  If you take the 28 points off the South Carolina score for the reasons given above.  Then take 7 off the board for Ole Miss(Punt Return for TD) and 7 from the Miss. State score(Pick 6) you get these scores.
Bosie-35
South Carolina-17
Coastal Carolina-0
Ole Miss-6
Miss. State-3
Tennessee-12 for an average of 12.16 a game.

I'm by no means saying UGA is a finished product and should be considered an elite defense yet.  Their schedule speaks for itself.  I will say atleast come with the correct info or atleast the info that is relevant.  Its not the Defense's fault a ton of points were given up as a direct result of a TO or Special Teams.

Dude the offense allows more points per game than the defense does. The JYDs have allowed 2 offensive scores in the last 18 quarters or something like that.
We gon get Yuri cause you hatin 
laugh.gif

I'm not saying Georgia's D isn't good...far from it.  I'm just saying it's not top 10 at this moment in time.

Top 10:

1. Alabama
2. LSU
3. MSU
4. Wisconsin
5. UCF
6. PSU
7. Stanford
8. Boise State
9. Oklahoma
10. Virginia Tech

We gon get Yuri cause you hatin 
laugh.gif

i

laugh.gif

UGA's defense didn't give up 45 to south carolina tho.
But, Dawgs have only played 2 complete and intact offenses.

Miss State can't move the ball on anyone not named Auburn.

And Tennessee can't even run the ball on a D-II school despite having a 400 yard passer.

laugh.gif

National Signing Day:

Commentator: Yuri..down to 2, everyone wants to know, what's it gonna be...Meechigan..? or the Georgia Bulldogs and SEC Country..???

Yuri:............

...M-M-M-M-My mama think it's best for me to go play for M-M-M-M- Coach Mark Richt. I'm a Junkyard Dawg 
happy.gif

But, Dawgs have only played 2 complete and intact offenses

Aside from 1st quarter of the Boise game, our D hasnt been intact yet, period.

UGA played: Boise,SCU, Tenn, Miss St

Bama played: Penn St, Arky, UF, Vandy

LSU played: Oregon, WVU, UF*, Miss St

laugh.gif
Georgia has faced some pretty suspect offenses...

Boise: 30 in total, 13 in scoring
South Carolina: 47 in total, 29 in scoring
Coastal Carolina: 73 in total, 70 in scoring
Ole Miss: 114 in total, 92 in scoring
Miss. State: 67 in total, 78 in scoring
Tennessee: 51 in total, 42 in scoring

Ole miss
Coastal Carolina
Miss state

30t6p3b.gif

Just be happy Justin hunter was on the shelf or y'all woulda had to actually produce on offense to win

I think I've said it before, but Cardo's the most likeable homer I've ever come across.
pimp.gif

I think it's cause I read your posts in Pac's voice.
laugh.gif

Spoiler [+]
It won't help your case w/ Yuri, though.
wink.gif

Who should be "rated" ahead of him that's not?

He's meant more to his program over the last 2 years than anyone not named Andrew Luck.

Originally Posted by Mr Marcus

Cal fans gotta give Maynard a chance....next season will be special, offensively

Special good?
or
Special Ed?

Its looking like the latter

Back
Top Bottom