2011 another great year for college football

As far as Arizona goes there is a lot of Rich Rod smoke but I'm thinking it could be just smoke.

Based on everything the AD has said in the past I just don't see Rich Rod fitting his criteria for a HC.

That said, it looks like it's between him and Bellotti. You could make good arguments for both, but I lean towards Bellotti because he has west coast ties.

I wanted Sumlin but with Houston in the BCS most likely he's going to take a while and Arizona can't afford to wait. I just hope Sumlin doesn't end up in Tempe.

Originally Posted by AndrewLuck

Originally Posted by University of Nike

I have no problem with Trent winning it - but Luck isn't even the best QB in the conference.

Hopefully they lose to ND this week and we can dead this talk for good.
Matt barkley had the best game of his career and suddenly he's so great? Put woods and lee and Stanford and let's talk. Also last time I checked the Heisman is an individual award, either way Lucks winning it.
AYeuf.jpg

I have no problem with Trent winning it - but Luck isn't even the best QB in the conference.

your starting to sound like CP with the onesided hate for a team.

Matt barkley had the best game of his career and suddenly he's so great? Put woods and lee and Stanford and let's talk. Also last time I checked the Heisman is an individual award, either way Lucks winning it.

Best game of his career was also a big time signature win.

Originally Posted by 651akathePaul

Best game of his career was also a big time signature win.

what's hilarious about this Andrew Luck character is if one ref decides not to toss a questionable flag Barkley would have TWO signature wins this year and we wouldn't even be having this discussion.

Welp, Jimbo Fisher has decided to give up control (read: forced, according to some) of the offense. Will no longer be HC/OC. HC only. Keys have been handed over to Coley for the rest of the season. We'll see what happens OC wise next year. OL is absolute #$%*, so....good luck w/ that.

No one cares. I know.

But still.

Originally Posted by dreClark

Welp, Jimbo Fisher has decided to give up control (read: forced, according to some) of the offense. Will no longer be HC/OC. HC only. Keys have been handed over to Coley for the rest of the season. We'll see what happens OC wise next year. OL is absolute #$%*, so....good luck w/ that.

No one cares. I know.

But still

tumblr_ltnxhqBiPl1qdyl8z.gif

Originally Posted by dreClark

Welp, Jimbo Fisher has decided to give up control (read: forced, according to some) of the offense.

long overdue.his play-calling borders on atrocious at times

are you an Andrew Luck fan by any chance?

Definitely impressed by Rich Rod's ability to win with 2* and 3* recruits, has to be what sold Byrne.

Sucks for Tom Savage though.

Originally Posted by P MAC ONE

Originally Posted by DLo13

He bringing that rat $+% 3-3-5 out there?
led by Tony Gibson, yes
roll.gif
roll.gif
roll.gif
roll.gif
roll.gif
roll.gif
roll.gif
roll.gif
roll.gif
roll.gif
roll.gif
roll.gif
roll.gif
roll.gif

Get ready to watch your DBs get toasted on the reg.

roll.gif
roll.gif
roll.gif
roll.gif
roll.gif
roll.gif
roll.gif
roll.gif
roll.gif
roll.gif
roll.gif
roll.gif
roll.gif
roll.gif

He is so terrible as a coach.

Also, if Magee is your OC get ready to watch your QB get ko'd from nearly every game. Guy runs his QBs into the ground. 

Definitely impressed by Rich Rod's ability to win with 2* and 3* recruits, has to be what sold Byrne.

Try "ability to recruit 2 and 3 star recruits and then get smashed while in a conference with a pulse"
If he has changed, good for Zona, if not, good luck

Originally Posted by Newbs24

Try "ability to recruit 2 and 3 star recruits and then get smashed while in a conference with a pulse"
Pac-12 South isn't exactly the SEC West.

We have Matt Scott next year who will be a 5th yr Sr and is a pretty good dual threat QB. Rich Rod has a pretty good chance at winning 8 or 9 in year 1 and getting some good momentum going

Originally Posted by Newbs24

Pac-12 South isn't exactly the SEC West.

We have Matt Scott next year who will be a 5th yr Sr and is a pretty good dual threat QB. Rich Rod has a pretty good chance at winning 8 or 9 in year 1 and getting some good momentum going
Thats what us Michigan fans thought too.
If he brings that same cast of characters with him, you wont see much progress. 

Sure the Pac12 isn't a powerhouse but I cant see him recruiting better than he did at Michigan and the classes at Michigan were all head scratchers. 

You better hope that Gibson is not on the staff because RR makes him an Asst HC and he gets the call on what D to run. 

RR doesn't even look at the defensive side. His practices are geared to getting the offense as many reps as he can while the D plays a skeleton D to assist the O on running their plays.

I was happy when Mich hired him but he was a joke there. He came in with an ego that he had to rip apart the old Michigan brand and start new. Big time fail. 

I pray for Zona fans to not experience the same moronic ways that he showed while at Michigan. 

I actually think that is a good hire for the Wildcats...

Rich Rod will make that program into a 8-10 win program, easy.  It's Arizona, that's good enough for them.

Who gets the "Most Disappointing Program of the Year" Award...

I was going to say Wisconsin but they still have a shot at the Big Ten title.  FSU, IMO, they had that hype train rolling, and that @$%# just derailed, they are awful.  I motion for Dre to put all his FSU off season move in spoilers until the start of the 2012 season.

Spoiler [+]
images

Best game of his career?
laugh.gif
.  It was more of a signature win and a display of how good he is.  Statistically it wasn't his best game.  Media can't hide us under a rock, but you should've been put on notice with the win you guys got away with last year (Shady clock operator) and this year (Very Questionable personal foul call?).

No one was talking about Matt Barkley because no one talked about us period.  ESPN can't market us because we aren't bowl eligible, so why waste time on SC unless we want to point out their sanctions.

Woods and Lee?  You act like Stanford doesn't have weapons all of a sudden, or that they don't have an experienced NFL caliber offensive line.  Matt is working with an offensive line that lost a first rounder (Smith) at tackle, is playing with a first rounder protecting his blind side (Kalil), two new starters (Martinez/Graf), a starter at a new position coming off neck surgery (Holmes) and a true freshman (Martin).  What does Barkley do?  Work on his release and his reads to get the ball out quicker.

Look what Oregon's defense did to Luck and that OLine and look at what they did against SC...NOTHING!  Oregon's defense got worked, Barkley and Tyler don't botch that handoff and we are talking 45-35 since SC was getting 5-7 yards per carry on that last drive.  It was too close for comfort, @$%# happens, especially on the road.  Even then, SC didn't give up a sack to Oregon (Not counting the sack awarded on that "intentional grounding" call
laugh.gif
).

QB is the leader of the offense, and he's made that offense a cohesive unit despite having a bunch of freshman (Lee, Martin, Telfer, Grimble), players playing new positions (Holmes, Ellison) and players with little to no experience (McNeal, Martinez, Graf).

Barkley/Luck is a lot closer than most would like to think, even though it doesn't matter, I think he's coming back.

Back
Top Bottom