mad.gif

I still don't get how it could be cancel that show was the +*%$

Originally Posted by AI for MVP

Originally Posted by SonOfTony

im still upset over heroes
30t6p3b.gif
mad.gif

Heroes went down hill after they aired the season 1 finale. I watched it up until the middle of the last season and couldn't take it anymore.

Originally Posted by AI for MVP

Originally Posted by SonOfTony

im still upset over heroes
30t6p3b.gif
mad.gif

Heroes went down hill after they aired the season 1 finale. I watched it up until the middle of the last season and couldn't take it anymore.

Originally Posted by mondaynightraw

Medium (CBS)
Lie To Me (FOX)
Off The Map (ABC)
S#*! My Dad Says (CBS)

Gah. We don't even have most of those shows listed here. %**@ My Dad Says literally started here last week.

This is bull. I'm pissed about Lie To Me.

Originally Posted by mondaynightraw

Medium (CBS)
Lie To Me (FOX)
Off The Map (ABC)
S#*! My Dad Says (CBS)

Gah. We don't even have most of those shows listed here. %**@ My Dad Says literally started here last week.

This is bull. I'm pissed about Lie To Me.

Shows pretty much need to be unique these days to make it long-term. Any generic police/law enforcement, medical, extraterrestrial shows will get stale after 1-2 seasons. I can't really get into any network TV dramas anymore because I know their shelf life is short. Cable and premium TV shows ftw
pimp.gif

Shows pretty much need to be unique these days to make it long-term. Any generic police/law enforcement, medical, extraterrestrial shows will get stale after 1-2 seasons. I can't really get into any network TV dramas anymore because I know their shelf life is short. Cable and premium TV shows ftw
pimp.gif

Originally Posted by CoolNClutch

pimp.gif
Yeah, the quality of shows that AMC, USA Network, FX, Showtime, HBO, and Starz put out are too good.  They don't feel as much pressure to get big ratings like the network shows and the premium cable channels can push the envelope.

Originally Posted by CoolNClutch

pimp.gif
Yeah, the quality of shows that AMC, USA Network, FX, Showtime, HBO, and Starz put out are too good.  They don't feel as much pressure to get big ratings like the network shows and the premium cable channels can push the envelope.

Originally Posted by boobiesmakemesmile

Originally Posted by EB4President

I liked V and The Event

Couple of thoughts

1. how does DVR and TIVO work with ratings?

2. could it be possible shows are moving to that american idol, americas got talent, the voice, etc formula? for the network channels of course.... You dont have to pay writers or actors, you get money from viewers (text messages)
1) they don't count dvr, tivo or on demand. that's why a lot of shows fail
2) reality tv and competition shows are so damn cheap to produce that they make big profits for the networks

I'm still mad about flash forward so that's why i started watching the event. last i heard is that netflix is trying to license more original shows and the event might be it's next pickup and breaking in might get saved by direct tv like FNL was (saw this on deadline). HBO/Showtime shows are the way to go these days

I'm pretty sure you are wrong about DVR viewership not being counted.  I believe that it is counted towards ratings as long as the recorded show is viewed within a certain number of days of actual airing.  My wife does advertising for CBS and I'm pretty sure she mentioned this to me before.  I only pay attention to about  50% of the stuff that she tells me so I couldn't tell you what the cutoff period is for the DVR viewing to count towards ratings.

Originally Posted by boobiesmakemesmile

Originally Posted by EB4President

I liked V and The Event

Couple of thoughts

1. how does DVR and TIVO work with ratings?

2. could it be possible shows are moving to that american idol, americas got talent, the voice, etc formula? for the network channels of course.... You dont have to pay writers or actors, you get money from viewers (text messages)
1) they don't count dvr, tivo or on demand. that's why a lot of shows fail
2) reality tv and competition shows are so damn cheap to produce that they make big profits for the networks

I'm still mad about flash forward so that's why i started watching the event. last i heard is that netflix is trying to license more original shows and the event might be it's next pickup and breaking in might get saved by direct tv like FNL was (saw this on deadline). HBO/Showtime shows are the way to go these days

I'm pretty sure you are wrong about DVR viewership not being counted.  I believe that it is counted towards ratings as long as the recorded show is viewed within a certain number of days of actual airing.  My wife does advertising for CBS and I'm pretty sure she mentioned this to me before.  I only pay attention to about  50% of the stuff that she tells me so I couldn't tell you what the cutoff period is for the DVR viewing to count towards ratings.

Originally Posted by roc4life24

Originally Posted by 36hypno

Originally Posted by knnyngo

I'm glad to see Lie to Me get so much NT support.

Lightman was that dude
pimp.gif

my favorite show 
pimp.gif
....gone 
30t6p3b.gif

I watched the first few episodes and noticed it was the same thing. A crime, he sees a twitch in their face, theyre lying, they solve it.

Was there any more substance to the show? Enough for me to catch it again?

Originally Posted by roc4life24

Originally Posted by 36hypno

Originally Posted by knnyngo

I'm glad to see Lie to Me get so much NT support.

Lightman was that dude
pimp.gif

my favorite show 
pimp.gif
....gone 
30t6p3b.gif

I watched the first few episodes and noticed it was the same thing. A crime, he sees a twitch in their face, theyre lying, they solve it.

Was there any more substance to the show? Enough for me to catch it again?

Back
Top Bottom