2011 College Football "The Real been hacked!!!!" .

Kind of reassuring to see Borges and Mattison on those lists. It'll prolly take a year or two but I think they'll turn things around for us. The best part about Borges, IMO, is it seems like even tho Hoke wants a power running game, Borges will incorporate things from other types of offenses to keep things fresh, unlike DeBord. Pretty much I think Borges will keep us from getting stale and predictable like we were in lloyds final years.

Originally Posted by dreClark

Originally Posted by DoItAllPaul

indifferent.gif
why the stone face? may have an all american year for the Crimson and Cream
Because OU plays FSU in week 3
and seriously, watch out for Rakeem Cato at Marshall. true Frosh from Miami Central. won the starting QB job and has been showing Out
He beat out AJ? I remember him from the FSU camp last year

Hopefully Jazz King balls out tonight
pimp.gif
pimp.gif
Still can't believe he didn't have bigger offers.

Until I see anything out of the QB from Wake, I can't feel comfortable putting any $ on them. What you hearing Tre-4 ?

His eligibility was questioned because he didn't attend the classes (no attendance policy) but, still passed all the assignments. A lot of fans weren't concerned but as the clock ticked down, a lot of rumors floated around.

What do you expect from EJ this year? It will be interesting to see how he handles a good defense in week 3. Also, is Greg Reid the most overrated player in the NCAA or was his beating against OU last year a fluke?

I was trying to get tickets to go to the OU/FSU game but, I figured I rather spend the money to go to Norman or to the NC

Originally Posted by DoItAllPaul

indifferent.gif
why the stone face? may have an all american year for the Crimson and Cream
Because OU plays FSU in week 3
and seriously, watch out for Rakeem Cato at Marshall. true Frosh from Miami Central. won the starting QB job and has been showing Out
He beat out AJ? I remember him from the FSU camp last year

Hopefully Jazz King balls out tonight
pimp.gif
pimp.gif
Still can't believe he didn't have bigger offers.

Until I see anything out of the QB from Wake, I can't feel comfortable putting any $ on them. What you hearing Tre-4 ?

His eligibility was questioned because he didn't attend the classes (no attendance policy) but, still passed all the assignments. A lot of fans weren't concerned but as the clock ticked down, a lot of rumors floated around.

What do you expect from EJ this year? It will be interesting to see how he handles a good defense in week 3. Also, is Greg Reid the most overrated player in the NCAA or was his beating against OU last year a fluke?

I was trying to get tickets to go to the OU/FSU game but, I figured I rather spend the money to go to Norman or to the NC

I hope Russell Wilson goes HAM this year. I hated him torching UNC, I respected his game. Now I can actually root for him.

I can't wait to see Bryn Renner play for us. I think he's going to be really good for us. He is only a RS Sophomore too.
pimp.gif
pimp.gif

I hope Russell Wilson goes HAM this year. I hated him torching UNC, I respected his game. Now I can actually root for him.

I can't wait to see Bryn Renner play for us. I think he's going to be really good for us. He is only a RS Sophomore too.
pimp.gif
pimp.gif

[article=""]Mel Kiper's 1st big board for 2012

[/article]
Updated: September 1, 2011, 10:38 AM ET

Big Board for 2012 NFL draft

Mel Kiper
Andrew Luck tops the first Board of the season, but a pair of quarterbacks are close

It's no surprise to see Andrew Luck here at the top. But while it can be rightfully pointed out that he would have been the No. 1 pick had he entered the 2011 NFL draft, and that he's almost guaranteed to be in that spot next April, Luck still needs to maintain his form this season. I don't have a reason to think he won't, but there is real competition among quarterbacks this year. Oklahoma has a player who has a lot of characteristics of a No. 1 pick, and USC does as well.

As for this list, here are a few highlights, since this hadn't been updated since the week following the NFL draft a few months ago. There are 20 juniors or draft-eligible sophomores on the list; there are three quarterbacks among the top 10 players; and Stanford has as many players in the top 10 as the SEC. In fact, the Pac-12 is a truly loaded conference this year. As always, a reminder: For me, this is a reflection of value, not some prediction about where guys will be picked. A lot of guys will rise and fall this year based on a number of factors. And as always, juniors and draft-eligible sophomores are noted with an asterisk.

board_bar.png

1.jpg

Andrew Luck *
QB
6-4
24.gif

Analysis: You know by now, Luck is the total package. Arm strength, size, smarts, demeanor -- it's all there. Can he keep the accuracy rate up? He completed 70.7 percent of his 2010 throws.

2.jpg

Quinton Coples
DE
6-5
153.gif

Analysis: Continues the recent run of defensive talent in Chapel Hill. Coples is next in line, a gifted pass-rusher suited to be a pure 4-3 defensive end at the next level.

3.jpg

Matt Barkley *
QB
6-2
30.gif

Analysis: After a tough freshman year, Barkley has shown maturity and a high level of aptitude. Completed 62.6 percent of his passes as a sophomore and is piling up pro-style offense reps.

4.jpg

Alshon Jeffery *
WR
6-4
2579.gif

Analysis: An imposing presence at wideout, Jeffery has been unstoppable. Phenomenal hands, surprising burst for a long-strider, great work ethic. Tough matchup for corners at any level.

5.jpg

Matt Kalil *
OT
6-6
30.gif

Analysis: Kalil has the size, athleticism, footwork and bloodlines. He projects as a blindside tackle and is just another NFL-ready offensive lineman at Southern California.

6.jpg

Landry Jones *
QB
6-4
201.gif

Analysis: Jones will draw inevitable comparisons to Sam Bradford (and other OU QBs with huge numbers). But he has good size, a strong arm, and has improved his accuracy. Major prospect.
7.jpg

Justin Blackmon *
WR
6-1
197.gif

Analysis: A potential first-round pick for the 2011 NFL draft. Versatile, explosive and really works to get open. Great ball skills and can break tackles.
8.jpg

Jonathan Martin *
OT
6-6
24.gif

Analysis: In the spotlight as the guy protecting the back of the likely No. 1 overall pick, Martin makes his mark first in the run game.
9.jpg

Jerel Worthy *
DT
6-3
127.gif

Analysis: My top defensive tackle in a class that's a little shallower than we've seen over the last couple years. Good size, tough to move, must show more as a pass-rusher to stay here.
10.jpg

Riley Reiff *
OT
6-6
2294.gif

Analysis: Dependable blocker, Reiff has all the attributes and is well-coached. Durable, he has played from day one at Iowa. Gets under the pads of defenders very effectively.
11.jpg

Vontaze Burfict *
LB
6-3
9.gif

Analysis: A dominant force in the middle, Burfict has great instincts and will tackle sideline to sideline. A ton of experience, will draw Ray Lewis comparisons. Lofty spot for an ILB.
12.jpg

Trent Richardson *
RB
5-11
333.gif

Analysis: A physical specimen, Richardson can be an absolute star. Explosive, he is powerful through the hole and bounces off tackles with ease.
13.jpg

Brandon Jenkins *
DE
6-3
52.gif

Analysis: Explosive, ideally sized 4-3 defensive end. Piled up sack totals in 2010, regardless of the competition. Looking to add to arsenal of moves.
14.jpg

Dre Kirkpatrick *
CB
6-3
333.gif

Analysis: A big, physical corner, he has long arms and strong hands. Great length for the position. Solid in run support, must work on turning his head in coverage.
15.jpg

Donte Paige-Moss *
DE
6-4
153.gif

Analysis: Paige-Moss rose when he exploded in the second half of 2010. He'll need to carry that momentum into 2011 as teams have the tape and a better sense of his skill set.
16.jpg

Manti Te'o *
LB
6-2
87.gif

Analysis: A classic middle linebacker, making a ton of tackles in the middle of the field, with range to the sidelines. A known commodity, he's a rugged player with ideal size.
17.jpg

Cliff Harris *
CB
5-11
2483.gif

Analysis: He's dealing with a brief suspension, but Harris is a fantastic cover corner. Solid timing and ball skills, very adept at breaking up passes. Deadly in the return game.
18.jpg

Luke Kuechly *
LB
6-3
103.gif

Analysis: Dependable tackling machine, Kuechly shines on tape. Makes great reads, sees the play developing, sheds blockers well. Plays a little high, and limited range, but exceptional instincts.
19.jpg

Jayron Hosley *
CB
5-10
259.gif

Analysis: One of the most instinctive corners I've ever seen. Led the nation in interceptions in 2010 and seems to have a sixth sense on routes.
20.jpg

Jared Crick
DT
6-6
158.gif

Analysis: A potential top-40 pick in 2011, Crick opted to return to Lincoln. The J.J. Watt of this class, should be a good fit as a 3-4 defensive end in the NFL; solid penetrator in that role.
21.jpg

Stephon Gilmore *
CB
6-1
2579.gif

Analysis: Another SEC corner with good size, Gilmore has played well against some top competition. Well-schooled, he has a chance to move up the Board this season.
22.jpg

Courtney Upshaw
LB
6-2
333.gif

Analysis: I see LaMarr Woodley. Will be a great fit as a 3-4 OLB at the next level. Another in a very talented Bama defensive unit. Upshaw saw the field as a freshman and has progressed.

23.jpg

Alfonzo Dennard
CB
5-10
158.gif

Analysis: Played to the level of teammate Prince Amukamara last year. Dennard is sturdy, instinctive and well-schooled. He can help in run support, but has plenty of quickness in space.
24.jpg

Bruce Irvin
OLB
6-3
277.gif

Analysis: Among national leaders in sacks in 2010, with 14.0, Irvin is explosive up the field, and has decent countermoves. Fits as a 3-4 OLB at the next level.
25.jpg

Dont'a Hightower *
CB
6-4

Analysis: I once had Hightower as a better prospect than Rolando McClain. Great interior presence at linebacker, well-schooled and a fierce tackler. Could move at LB, but great on the inside.

[article=""]Mel Kiper's 1st big board for 2012

[/article]
Updated: September 1, 2011, 10:38 AM ET

Big Board for 2012 NFL draft

Mel Kiper
Andrew Luck tops the first Board of the season, but a pair of quarterbacks are close

It's no surprise to see Andrew Luck here at the top. But while it can be rightfully pointed out that he would have been the No. 1 pick had he entered the 2011 NFL draft, and that he's almost guaranteed to be in that spot next April, Luck still needs to maintain his form this season. I don't have a reason to think he won't, but there is real competition among quarterbacks this year. Oklahoma has a player who has a lot of characteristics of a No. 1 pick, and USC does as well.

As for this list, here are a few highlights, since this hadn't been updated since the week following the NFL draft a few months ago. There are 20 juniors or draft-eligible sophomores on the list; there are three quarterbacks among the top 10 players; and Stanford has as many players in the top 10 as the SEC. In fact, the Pac-12 is a truly loaded conference this year. As always, a reminder: For me, this is a reflection of value, not some prediction about where guys will be picked. A lot of guys will rise and fall this year based on a number of factors. And as always, juniors and draft-eligible sophomores are noted with an asterisk.

board_bar.png

1.jpg

Andrew Luck *
QB
6-4
24.gif

Analysis: You know by now, Luck is the total package. Arm strength, size, smarts, demeanor -- it's all there. Can he keep the accuracy rate up? He completed 70.7 percent of his 2010 throws.

2.jpg

Quinton Coples
DE
6-5
153.gif

Analysis: Continues the recent run of defensive talent in Chapel Hill. Coples is next in line, a gifted pass-rusher suited to be a pure 4-3 defensive end at the next level.

3.jpg

Matt Barkley *
QB
6-2
30.gif

Analysis: After a tough freshman year, Barkley has shown maturity and a high level of aptitude. Completed 62.6 percent of his passes as a sophomore and is piling up pro-style offense reps.

4.jpg

Alshon Jeffery *
WR
6-4
2579.gif

Analysis: An imposing presence at wideout, Jeffery has been unstoppable. Phenomenal hands, surprising burst for a long-strider, great work ethic. Tough matchup for corners at any level.

5.jpg

Matt Kalil *
OT
6-6
30.gif

Analysis: Kalil has the size, athleticism, footwork and bloodlines. He projects as a blindside tackle and is just another NFL-ready offensive lineman at Southern California.

6.jpg

Landry Jones *
QB
6-4
201.gif

Analysis: Jones will draw inevitable comparisons to Sam Bradford (and other OU QBs with huge numbers). But he has good size, a strong arm, and has improved his accuracy. Major prospect.
7.jpg

Justin Blackmon *
WR
6-1
197.gif

Analysis: A potential first-round pick for the 2011 NFL draft. Versatile, explosive and really works to get open. Great ball skills and can break tackles.
8.jpg

Jonathan Martin *
OT
6-6
24.gif

Analysis: In the spotlight as the guy protecting the back of the likely No. 1 overall pick, Martin makes his mark first in the run game.
9.jpg

Jerel Worthy *
DT
6-3
127.gif

Analysis: My top defensive tackle in a class that's a little shallower than we've seen over the last couple years. Good size, tough to move, must show more as a pass-rusher to stay here.
10.jpg

Riley Reiff *
OT
6-6
2294.gif

Analysis: Dependable blocker, Reiff has all the attributes and is well-coached. Durable, he has played from day one at Iowa. Gets under the pads of defenders very effectively.
11.jpg

Vontaze Burfict *
LB
6-3
9.gif

Analysis: A dominant force in the middle, Burfict has great instincts and will tackle sideline to sideline. A ton of experience, will draw Ray Lewis comparisons. Lofty spot for an ILB.
12.jpg

Trent Richardson *
RB
5-11
333.gif

Analysis: A physical specimen, Richardson can be an absolute star. Explosive, he is powerful through the hole and bounces off tackles with ease.
13.jpg

Brandon Jenkins *
DE
6-3
52.gif

Analysis: Explosive, ideally sized 4-3 defensive end. Piled up sack totals in 2010, regardless of the competition. Looking to add to arsenal of moves.
14.jpg

Dre Kirkpatrick *
CB
6-3
333.gif

Analysis: A big, physical corner, he has long arms and strong hands. Great length for the position. Solid in run support, must work on turning his head in coverage.
15.jpg

Donte Paige-Moss *
DE
6-4
153.gif

Analysis: Paige-Moss rose when he exploded in the second half of 2010. He'll need to carry that momentum into 2011 as teams have the tape and a better sense of his skill set.
16.jpg

Manti Te'o *
LB
6-2
87.gif

Analysis: A classic middle linebacker, making a ton of tackles in the middle of the field, with range to the sidelines. A known commodity, he's a rugged player with ideal size.
17.jpg

Cliff Harris *
CB
5-11
2483.gif

Analysis: He's dealing with a brief suspension, but Harris is a fantastic cover corner. Solid timing and ball skills, very adept at breaking up passes. Deadly in the return game.
18.jpg

Luke Kuechly *
LB
6-3
103.gif

Analysis: Dependable tackling machine, Kuechly shines on tape. Makes great reads, sees the play developing, sheds blockers well. Plays a little high, and limited range, but exceptional instincts.
19.jpg

Jayron Hosley *
CB
5-10
259.gif

Analysis: One of the most instinctive corners I've ever seen. Led the nation in interceptions in 2010 and seems to have a sixth sense on routes.
20.jpg

Jared Crick
DT
6-6
158.gif

Analysis: A potential top-40 pick in 2011, Crick opted to return to Lincoln. The J.J. Watt of this class, should be a good fit as a 3-4 defensive end in the NFL; solid penetrator in that role.
21.jpg

Stephon Gilmore *
CB
6-1
2579.gif

Analysis: Another SEC corner with good size, Gilmore has played well against some top competition. Well-schooled, he has a chance to move up the Board this season.
22.jpg

Courtney Upshaw
LB
6-2
333.gif

Analysis: I see LaMarr Woodley. Will be a great fit as a 3-4 OLB at the next level. Another in a very talented Bama defensive unit. Upshaw saw the field as a freshman and has progressed.

23.jpg

Alfonzo Dennard
CB
5-10
158.gif

Analysis: Played to the level of teammate Prince Amukamara last year. Dennard is sturdy, instinctive and well-schooled. He can help in run support, but has plenty of quickness in space.
24.jpg

Bruce Irvin
OLB
6-3
277.gif

Analysis: Among national leaders in sacks in 2010, with 14.0, Irvin is explosive up the field, and has decent countermoves. Fits as a 3-4 OLB at the next level.
25.jpg

Dont'a Hightower *
CB
6-4

Analysis: I once had Hightower as a better prospect than Rolando McClain. Great interior presence at linebacker, well-schooled and a fierce tackler. Could move at LB, but great on the inside.

Borges and Mattison will have to be around for more than 3 years to show what they can do at Michigan.

Obviously this is their first year and don't have a TON of talent to work with and next year is a BRUTAL schedule. 2013 is the year that Hoke and his staff have, off the record, looked at as the year to make a huge jump into national title picture.

They will get that shot because there is no way they fail as bad as RR and his guys. I think it is managable to get 8 wins each of the next two years, if Denard stays healthy and the kicking game can go better than 4 of 14.

Borges and Mattison will have to be around for more than 3 years to show what they can do at Michigan.

Obviously this is their first year and don't have a TON of talent to work with and next year is a BRUTAL schedule. 2013 is the year that Hoke and his staff have, off the record, looked at as the year to make a huge jump into national title picture.

They will get that shot because there is no way they fail as bad as RR and his guys. I think it is managable to get 8 wins each of the next two years, if Denard stays healthy and the kicking game can go better than 4 of 14.

Gonna go catch the ASU/UC Davis game tonight...

Hopefully Burfict decapitates a couple dudes.
pimp.gif

Spoiler [+]
What I'm really there for:

asu+girls.jpg

asu-dance-team-9.jpg

ASU-vs-San-Jose-State-029-7.jpg

2010-ASU-Cheerleaders.jpg

Arizona+State+Sun+Devils+Undie+Run+%25283%2529.jpg

Arizona+State+Sun+Devils+Undie+Run+%25281%2529.jpg

arizona-state-university-asu-tempe12-hot-blonde-girl-courtney-sheber.jpg

asu-football-fan.jpg

1333698-13.jpg

Gonna go catch the ASU/UC Davis game tonight...

Hopefully Burfict decapitates a couple dudes.
pimp.gif

Spoiler [+]
What I'm really there for:

asu+girls.jpg

asu-dance-team-9.jpg

ASU-vs-San-Jose-State-029-7.jpg

2010-ASU-Cheerleaders.jpg

Arizona+State+Sun+Devils+Undie+Run+%25283%2529.jpg

Arizona+State+Sun+Devils+Undie+Run+%25281%2529.jpg

arizona-state-university-asu-tempe12-hot-blonde-girl-courtney-sheber.jpg

asu-football-fan.jpg

1333698-13.jpg