2011 College Football "The Real been hacked!!!!" .

Michigan offered 2013 OH DE Taco Charlton and I want him based on his name alone.
This.
laugh.gif
pimp.gif

What did TP get out of snitchin' on former teammates?
grin.gif
30t6p3b.gif

Call me cynical but I still think there is backdoor deals going on to get UT into the SEC, if LHN wasn't such a big hurdle I think it would be near done by now.

Just a hunch.

Call me cynical but I still think there is backdoor deals going on to get UT into the SEC, if LHN wasn't such a big hurdle I think it would be near done by now.

Just a hunch.

Originally Posted by Statis22

Just a hunch.

I'm not as sure has you are.

Not sure how Texas would handle not being the bully on the block.

Originally Posted by Statis22

Just a hunch.

I'm not as sure has you are.

Not sure how Texas would handle not being the bully on the block.

Yea I get that much seeing that pretty much all conversations begin and end with LHN.

They would have to concede power in whatever conference they join. Even if they were to join the ACC I don't see them being the supreme overlord they've been over the Big 12.

Yea I get that much seeing that pretty much all conversations begin and end with LHN.

They would have to concede power in whatever conference they join. Even if they were to join the ACC I don't see them being the supreme overlord they've been over the Big 12.

I think you only here talk of the acc or big east because they MAY let them keep the network And join the conference. Zero chance the pac12, big ten or SEC let them do that.

I don't EVER see Texas joining the SEC after Texas A&M went.

I think the wild card in all this is big east. I could see them letting texas keep the network because they want to keep the football part of the big east alive

I think you only here talk of the acc or big east because they MAY let them keep the network And join the conference. Zero chance the pac12, big ten or SEC let them do that.

I don't EVER see Texas joining the SEC after Texas A&M went.

I think the wild card in all this is big east. I could see them letting texas keep the network because they want to keep the football part of the big east alive

We are forming an exploratory commitee this week concerning conference expansion, here's the article if anybody's interested

Headline : FSU preparing for realignment possibilities, such as moving to SEC or welcoming Texas into ACC

ByTom D'Angelo
Palm Beach Post Staff Writer

Updated: 5:21 p.m. Tuesday, Sept. 13, 2011

Posted: 1:28 p.m. Tuesday, Sept. 13, 2011

Florida State has begun taking forceful steps to prepare itself for conference realignment, whether that means joining Florida in the SEC or becoming part of an ACC super conference that may include Texas.

With recent talk of a possible formation of four super conferences, Andy Haggard, chairman of FSU's board of trustees, said Tuesday that his school has begun forming a committee that will explore the university's options. He says FSU should be prepared for any scenario, whether it's moving to another conference or staying in the ACC and having a say in who else may join the league. That could mean Texas, which will seek to leave the Big 12 if Oklahoma and Oklahoma State jump to the Pac-12, which is expected.

Texas A&M already is likely to leave the Big 12 for the SEC.

A high-ranking Texas source told the Austin American-Statesman that the ACC has been in contact with Texas, although the talks have been preliminary.

Haggard said he believes that if Oklahoma and Texas decide to leave the Big 12 then "you will see dominoes fall."

Haggard, FSU President Eric Barron and Athletic Director Randy Spetman have held meetings to determine who the decision-makers will be when it comes to forming FSU's committee.

"We are going to explore the conferences, what's going on and make sure if anything does happen at Florida State that we are ready," Haggard said from his law firm office in Coral Gables.

Haggard said the university has been discussing realignment possibilities for some time but just now decided to take the next step and form a committee. They hope to have that committee in place by next week.

Haggard is not sure how many people will be on the committee but speculates it will consist of representatives from the president's office, the athletic department, Seminole Boosters, Inc., and former athletes.

"If you are going to four conferences of 16 teams we certainly want to be ready," Haggard said. "If the ACC is included in that we want to be sure we are included and have a say so in regard to the teams that are coming into our conference."

Florida State was rumored to be one of several schools the SEC was considering for expansion last month. Conference presidents met Aug. 14 and decided it would take no action on expansion at that time.

This month the SEC voted to accept Texas A&M as its 13th member, but the move stalled last week when one school (reportedly Baylor) declined to waive its right to file a lawsuit if Texas A&M left the conference. The SEC's invitation to Texas A&M came with the stipulation that all Big 12 schools waive their right to sue.

Haggard confirmed that the Seminoles have not been approached by the SEC and reiterated that FSU "is very happy" in the ACC.

It is unknown if the University of Miami, also a member of the ACC, has discussed possible options.

The Big 12 and SEC have been at the center of realignment lately, with the two conferences going in opposite directions.

Texas officials flew to Oklahoma this week to discuss conference plans. One source told The Statesman that Oklahoma and Oklahoma State are "set on leaving the Big 12" to become the Pac-12's 13th and 14th members and that "the Big 12 is done."

The Pac-12 added Colorado and Utah this season.

SEC commissioner Mike Slive said on Monday he remains confident that Texas A&M would join his league by the 2012 school year.

We are forming an exploratory commitee this week concerning conference expansion, here's the article if anybody's interested

Headline : FSU preparing for realignment possibilities, such as moving to SEC or welcoming Texas into ACC

ByTom D'Angelo
Palm Beach Post Staff Writer

Updated: 5:21 p.m. Tuesday, Sept. 13, 2011

Posted: 1:28 p.m. Tuesday, Sept. 13, 2011

Florida State has begun taking forceful steps to prepare itself for conference realignment, whether that means joining Florida in the SEC or becoming part of an ACC super conference that may include Texas.

With recent talk of a possible formation of four super conferences, Andy Haggard, chairman of FSU's board of trustees, said Tuesday that his school has begun forming a committee that will explore the university's options. He says FSU should be prepared for any scenario, whether it's moving to another conference or staying in the ACC and having a say in who else may join the league. That could mean Texas, which will seek to leave the Big 12 if Oklahoma and Oklahoma State jump to the Pac-12, which is expected.

Texas A&M already is likely to leave the Big 12 for the SEC.

A high-ranking Texas source told the Austin American-Statesman that the ACC has been in contact with Texas, although the talks have been preliminary.

Haggard said he believes that if Oklahoma and Texas decide to leave the Big 12 then "you will see dominoes fall."

Haggard, FSU President Eric Barron and Athletic Director Randy Spetman have held meetings to determine who the decision-makers will be when it comes to forming FSU's committee.

"We are going to explore the conferences, what's going on and make sure if anything does happen at Florida State that we are ready," Haggard said from his law firm office in Coral Gables.

Haggard said the university has been discussing realignment possibilities for some time but just now decided to take the next step and form a committee. They hope to have that committee in place by next week.

Haggard is not sure how many people will be on the committee but speculates it will consist of representatives from the president's office, the athletic department, Seminole Boosters, Inc., and former athletes.

"If you are going to four conferences of 16 teams we certainly want to be ready," Haggard said. "If the ACC is included in that we want to be sure we are included and have a say so in regard to the teams that are coming into our conference."

Florida State was rumored to be one of several schools the SEC was considering for expansion last month. Conference presidents met Aug. 14 and decided it would take no action on expansion at that time.

This month the SEC voted to accept Texas A&M as its 13th member, but the move stalled last week when one school (reportedly Baylor) declined to waive its right to file a lawsuit if Texas A&M left the conference. The SEC's invitation to Texas A&M came with the stipulation that all Big 12 schools waive their right to sue.

Haggard confirmed that the Seminoles have not been approached by the SEC and reiterated that FSU "is very happy" in the ACC.

It is unknown if the University of Miami, also a member of the ACC, has discussed possible options.

The Big 12 and SEC have been at the center of realignment lately, with the two conferences going in opposite directions.

Texas officials flew to Oklahoma this week to discuss conference plans. One source told The Statesman that Oklahoma and Oklahoma State are "set on leaving the Big 12" to become the Pac-12's 13th and 14th members and that "the Big 12 is done."

The Pac-12 added Colorado and Utah this season.

SEC commissioner Mike Slive said on Monday he remains confident that Texas A&M would join his league by the 2012 school year.

But that's just it, no conference will let them keep their network as is except the Big 12 because its already in place and up and running.

They have no choice but to concede a part of it or they'll be staring independence right down, and its well known that's not the way to go.

But that's just it, no conference will let them keep their network as is except the Big 12 because its already in place and up and running.

They have no choice but to concede a part of it or they'll be staring independence right down, and its well known that's not the way to go.

GAINESVILLE - Florida linebacker Dee Finley is no longer facing a felony charge following his arrest Monday. On Tuesday, the State Attorney's Office reduced the charge against Finley from resisting arrest with violence to resisting without violence, a misdemeanor.
"The State Attorney reviewed the case and decided to treat it as a misdemeanor," said Gainesville attorney Huntley Johnson, who represents Finley. "I did not see resisting with violence in the description in the police report."

Huntley Johnson
roll.gif
pimp.gif
pimp.gif

GAINESVILLE - Florida linebacker Dee Finley is no longer facing a felony charge following his arrest Monday. On Tuesday, the State Attorney's Office reduced the charge against Finley from resisting arrest with violence to resisting without violence, a misdemeanor.
"The State Attorney reviewed the case and decided to treat it as a misdemeanor," said Gainesville attorney Huntley Johnson, who represents Finley. "I did not see resisting with violence in the description in the police report."

Huntley Johnson
roll.gif
pimp.gif
pimp.gif

From Dinich's Blog:
  • Since Florida State beat Virginia Tech in the 2000 Sugar Bowl, ACC teams are 6-47 against nonconference teams ranked in the top 10.
  • During that span, the conference is 1-32 against top five teams.
  • The ACC has lost 10 straight to top five teams, and 13 of the past 14 against top 10 opponents.
laugh.gif

From Dinich's Blog:
  • Since Florida State beat Virginia Tech in the 2000 Sugar Bowl, ACC teams are 6-47 against nonconference teams ranked in the top 10.
  • During that span, the conference is 1-32 against top five teams.
  • The ACC has lost 10 straight to top five teams, and 13 of the past 14 against top 10 opponents.
laugh.gif

Back
Top Bottom