2011 FIBA American and EuroBasket Thread

I like the way we're pressing them in the half court on the defensive end. That's the type of energy and intensity we need to play with all tournament long.

Dirk & Kaman looking good out there together, we'll see if they can carry Germany past the big dogs of the tournament though.

France has looked good their first 2 games, Parker looking like the '07 version of himself and Batum is probably the most athletic player in the tourney.

Spanish front line is scary.  Gasol bros + Ibaka? 
sick.gif
Not to mention all their deadeye shooters, give Navarro or Calderon a quick look and its swish.  Rudy Fernandez looking good out there too.

Can anyone tell me why Ben Gordon didn't play for GBR?  Deng is doing heavy lifting on that squad, having BG out there would've helped them a lot.

Nice Blazer.... me too.... well actually I'm Canadian born-American now
smile.gif

Originally Posted by Blazers21NTNP

Originally Posted by CripwalkinK

I legit can't believe Canada beat DR. Solid game, Andy Rautins was huge off the bench, the dream is stlll aliveeee!
smile.gif
Rautins was nice late in the game. I hope he can keep that stroke the rest of the tourney.

That's what I like to hear 
smokin.gif
smokin.gif
smokin.gif
smokin.gif

Canada very much in this game. Hope we can start to pull away for Venezuela in the second half. Somebody has to stop Vazquez though.

Jevohn Shepherd with a spark off the bench, love his game for Canada. And boy, does Venezuela suck when Vazquez is out or what? Hahaha.

Canada's loss to Venezuela yesterday was disappointing; definitely a very winnable game, but so many unforced turnovers, fouls and poor defensive rebounding lost it. Pretty entertaining game to watch as a basketball fan, though. Rautins was terrible... poor shot selection and couldn't hit anything, careless simple passes and causing turnovers coming off screens before they were set multiple times.

Tomorrow's game against Argentina should be pretty ugly.
Originally Posted by DCAllAmerican

Blazers, remember Novell Thomas? How was he? I know he worked @ EA Sports a while back
I remember his diary videos for Live 10. (I still can't believe they scrapped everything they did in that game and went in a completely different direction)

I don't really remember him; I think I saw him play live a few times when he was in University, but I have no recollection as I was only 7 or 8 years old. The only memories I have of seeing him play were at the '03 Americas, and he didn't log much time.

From what I've heard he was a very solid point, liked to play uptempo, but also ran an offense well. Supposedly very quick laterally and with his hands on defense, too.
Originally Posted by rck2sactown

Nice Blazer.... me too.... well actually I'm Canadian born-American now
smile.gif
Where are you originally from? 

Naw I moved to the US when I was 10
laugh.gif
but I've been back about ever 2 or 3 years
ohwell.gif

Thoughts on the Eurobasket tourney so far...

Kanter could be a beast in the NBA in 3 years. That Turkish team is pretty solid between him, Ilyasova (who absolutely lit it up a game ago) and Hedo. The game tomorrow morning with Spain will be awesome.

Ibaka is the last piece of the puzzle for Spain. The country making him a citizen was huge. And yes, he does stand out on that team.
laugh.gif

FIBA should get it over with and follow the NBA standard for assists. It sucks looking at the statline and seeing guys get like 6 assists knowing that probably translates to 10 or 11 in the NBA.

France is a wildcard. Noah joining the squad almost puts them on the same level as Spain. Almost.

I feel sorry for Deng. Dude is on a squad of bums for that England team. It's funny how basketball has spread so randomly through Europe. We're closest culturally to England and they're horrible at basketball, yet Spain and Eastern Europe flourish. Go figure.

Macedonia has been impressive, beating Greece and Croatia. big games tomorow, France-Serbia and Turkey-Spain, Turkey with a must win game if they wanna have a chance to see the olympic games. Italy out in the first round with a squad made of Bargnani-Gallo-Bellinelli. the groups in the 2nd round wont be even at all, on one hand: Serbia, Germany, France, Spain, lituhania,Poland or Turkey and the other group Russia, Slovenia, Greece, Macedonia, and probably Georgia and Croatia. 

Originally Posted by Mourf83

Macedonia has been impressive, beating Greece and Croatia.
Seriously. I can't believe how well they've played. For a team whose star player just played college basketball in the U.S. they're pretty solid.

And Calathes has been impressive with Greece. He'll have a good Euro career.

Back
Top Bottom